PDA

View Full Version : What would General O'Neill do after ...(spoiler & spec)

ckwongau
November 21st, 2009, 02:51 AM
What would General O'Neil do after an official investigation into Col Young/Telford incident on Earth.
There will be an offical Pentagon/IOA investigation

We have Col Telford call Pentagon to pull the stone plug on Visiting Col Young.

Col Young pretended to be someone else to visit Earth ,and somehow incapacitate a pentagon driver(as well as someone keeping an eye on the "Destiny visitor") then assaulted another US airforce officer.

An officail investigation will uncover how Col Young abuse and sexually violated Col Telford's body .

In the past the Pentagon provide a driver for "Destriny"s visitor", they drove them around as well as keep an eye on them from a distant.

Sometime Col Young are allow some Privacy oernight.Kind of like "Don't ask Don't tell policy "

So what would Jack Do now ? since he can't just sweep it under the rug.

There is not much he can do to punish Col Young from Earth side.
May be restricted his Earth visit to close supervise visit
And give Col Young an offical warning.

Since Telford play it cool and by the book, look like a victim.
Jack probably give him some private warning about , or ask Telford to get some Consulting for victim support of sexual violation.

IOA will make a lot of nose about the crew violated other's people's body.
And new policy for visiting crew.

General O'Neil must deal with the fallout of this incident .
Two or three person will have to watch over the Destiny visitor.They will be closely supervise and minitor .

Nathan Reynolds
November 21st, 2009, 03:41 AM
I believe there's notthing he can do.
They have no way of verify the identity of the person "sent" from the Destiny.
They have only their word.

The most he can do is talk to Young or relieve Telford of the Destiny mission, that way that can happen again i suppose.
But nothing prevents Telford to go back and talk/seduce Young's Wife.

It's a no win situation i think. There is nothing that any one can do to prevent that from happening again.

Dii-Reno
November 21st, 2009, 03:49 AM
Wouldn't that be misuse of military property and conduct unbecoming an military officer? Since all of it is top secret a military court headed by o'neal could potentially put telford away in a hole in Leavenworth for the rest of his life. That is, if Jack really wanted too.

knowles2
November 21st, 2009, 07:27 AM
Short answer, nothing.

O'neil clearly need young an the destiny crew an he need them stable an able to work an survive out there until Rush decides to let them return home.

Telford can easily be reassign, if he an Young cannot sought out there differences. If they reassignment is to a other military post or the cell in one of the lower levels of Area 51 that would be up to him.

The IOA clearly decided that Wray should be in command an trying to encourage her to take on that role. In there minds keeping both Telford an Young around a fighting between each other is a good way to keep them distracted to there own plans to position there own people in places of power.

So really apart from Telford being reassign, nothing will be done.

aretood2
November 21st, 2009, 07:42 AM
Short answer, nothing.

O'neil clearly need young an the destiny crew an he need them stable an able to work an survive out there until Rush decides to let them return home.

Telford can easily be reassign, if he an Young cannot sought out there differences. If they reassignment is to a other military post or the cell in one of the lower levels of Area 51 that would be up to him.

The IOA clearly decided that Wray should be in command an trying to encourage her to take on that role. In there minds keeping both Telford an Young around a fighting between each other is a good way to keep them distracted to there own plans to position there own people in places of power.

He could keep him from seeing his loved ones... Emily.
He could bar him from any more swaps
He could promote Scott or put Rush incharge
He could give him the wag of the finger.

Captain Obvious
November 21st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Wouldn't that be misuse of military property and conduct unbecoming an military officer? Since all of it is top secret a military court headed by o'neal could potentially put telford away in a hole in Leavenworth for the rest of his life. That is, if Jack really wanted too.

Well, yes, technically there could be some serious consequences for Telford's actions, but any good JAG attorney would get most of them dropped due to the circumstances surrounding things Young could technically be charged with.

Young's charges-

1- Misuse of Government property

2- Identity Theft

3- conduct unbecoming

4- Assault + battery

5- Sexual assault

6- Violent threats against a military officer (thank you patriot act).

7- dereliction of duty

So yeah, Young has committed at least those offenses, all but one of which could be a court marshal offense.

The Shrike
November 21st, 2009, 08:34 AM
General O'Neil should demote and reassign Telford to another facility, demote Young, then promote Tamara Johansen and place her in command of the Destiny mission. I think the IOA's position reguarding Wray being the best candidate for leadership of the mission has some merit, but in order to maintain firm control over the situation, the leader would need the support of the military personnel on the ship, and Wray, as a civilian wouldn't be as safe a bet.

aarlin81
November 21st, 2009, 08:34 AM
I'm sure there will be some type of reprimand.

It's more likely however, that we'll see more focus on memories carried over resulting in new policies regarding the stones. Something about long term use and/or the need for increased rotation.

jsonitsac
November 21st, 2009, 08:36 AM
Couldn't Jack hit Telford with a "Conduct Unbecoming" charge?

Maxum
November 21st, 2009, 09:57 AM
Considering all the things that Jack O'Neill has done during his service to SG-1, he's not going to do a damn thing to Young, and good for him. Telford has it coming in spades, and I have no problem with it. Jack broke more than a few rules and regulations during his time as the leader of SG-1. How many times did he disobey orders?

Also, I think Young is the type of man that if Jack asked him point blank if he did these things, he would admit to them in a heartbeat. Telford? He'd throw his mother under the bus. Telford should be demoted because he's the catalyst. He's the one creating the dissension aboard the Destiny for Young AND at home with Young's own wife. I doubt Jack would think that Young slugging Telford was unjustified or ream him for actions unbecoming an officer.

Jack was no choir boy, and he has admitted that he likes and respects Young.

Pharaoh Atem
November 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM
nothing he can do it was just a fight among two people. and once jack knows what teleford has been doing i'm sure he would take young's side

Jper
November 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM
There's no way Telford will ever be able to prove Young hit him. No witnesses. So it's Young's word against Telford's.

Pharaoh Atem
November 21st, 2009, 10:36 AM
There's no way Telford will ever be able to prove Young hit him. No witnesses. So it's Young's word against Telford's.

including the fact that young was in someone else's body

creed462
November 21st, 2009, 10:56 AM
One thing to think about is that it is very inappropriate for Telford to be going to Young's wife so I think it is unlikely that Telford will report it

Jper
November 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah, if Telford would report it that would probably indeed lead to some sort of investigation which would probably lead to more negative effects for Telford himself than for Young.

Skydiver
November 21st, 2009, 11:41 AM
Telford needs to be removed from the project. He's hte root of the problems because his focus/obsession on Young having what Telford sees as 'his command' has caused it all. Young's outburst, as unprofessional as it may be, came from Telford lying to Young's wife. telford has lost his focus on his job and needs to be removed

Jper
November 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Telford needs to be removed from the project. He's hte root of the problems because his focus/obsession on Young having what Telford sees as 'his command' has caused it all. Young's outburst, as unprofessional as it may be, came from Telford lying to Young's wife. telford has lost his focus on his job and needs to be removed

I agree. :)

garhkal
November 21st, 2009, 12:01 PM

He could swap with someone himself so he is on the destiny and call for an all hands meeting where he publically admonishes and strips young of his rank/position.

Telford has it coming in spades,

Just cause he had it coming does not mean it is still not a crime for young to do what he did.

knowles2
November 21st, 2009, 01:39 PM

An that would achieve precisely zero.

An possible make him feel even more isolated an underminded. Plus he clearly not coping now, one cannot imagine what he would do without access to earth.
Apart from the few scientists no one else would accept Rush as commander, at the moment anyway. An Scott lack the maturity of a commander an proper respect of most of the crew. He could not even get past the two guard guarding the communication room, if he cannot get two low racking guards to follow his orders, he stand no chance of Rush or the civilians following his orders. This has already been demonstrated by the civilians completly blowing him off when he tried to order them to do there exercise in one of the Kino scenes, 19 I think.

Yeah, I somehow got the feeling that would go through one eye ball an out of the other.

wargrafix
November 21st, 2009, 02:37 PM
There most likely will be a hearing of sorts. Telford should not be visiting a next guy's wofe in any case.

Emily could be lying full scale about not sleeping with him.

I hated ( and still do) the patriot act because it gives the military too much power.

Col.Foley
November 21st, 2009, 02:40 PM
O'Neill can and probably will just sweep it under the rug, Young delt with the situation himself...probably poorly...but Telford had it coming. If there was an investigation, honestly, it would most likely be Telford that would face the strict punishments.

ckwongau
November 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah, if Telford would report it that would probably indeed lead to some sort of investigation which would probably lead to more negative effects for Telford himself than for Young.
That is the problem, everything was already on record ,Even Telford doesn't report Col Young.

- A pentagon driver was disabled or incapacitated by Col Young while he was beating up Col Telford.That driver will report the incident.

_Telford call Pentagon to pull the plug on the Ancient Stone to send Col Young back the first time.

One day when the stargate Program disclose to the public, Historian and eveybody else will check evey document , report ,file to learn more about Stargate program .
General Jack will be known as the greatest military hero of Earth's history.
If Jack doesn't handle the incident properly right now, the consequence would be disastrous.
I don't want Jack's name appear in a history book in the same sentence as "Stonegate sex scandal coverup".
It is Young and Telford's mess, i don't want Jack 's good name get drag down with it

knowles2
November 22nd, 2009, 01:16 AM
I can guarantee you that any files which put a bad light on the Pentagon, the SGC or the IOA will be destroyed long before the program is ever reveal to the public.

Jper
November 22nd, 2009, 01:30 AM
- A pentagon driver was disabled or incapacitated by Col Young while he was beating up Col Telford. That driver will report the incident.

Really? Where did you see that? How do you know? I thought there was nothing wrong with the driver, and I certainly did not see him (driver/chaperon) there.

I can guarantee you that any files which put a bad light on the Pentagon, the SGC or the IOA will be long destroyed before the program is ever reveal to the public.

Indeed.

ckwongau
November 22nd, 2009, 02:28 AM
Really? Where did you see that? How do you know? I thought there was nothing wrong with the driver, and I certainly did not see him (driver/chaperon) there.

Col Young pretended to be some scientist and left with the Pentagon driver.

How do you think Col Young got that far?Get a car on his own, waiting outside his wife 's neighborhood until Telford show up.
And the Pentagon Driver was nowhere to be seen?The driver would have reported him in when Col Young start doing strange things like waiting outside a negborhood or when he try to get away from the driver..And the Pentagon would have pull the plug (stone).

As for destorying record, The SG program already have too much secret and people will be critical of them and put them under microscope when SG program goes public.
for example even if they destory all document, what if the Pentagan driver appear on 20/20 or 60 minute (whatever people watchin the future)tell stories of some intergalactic sex scandal cover by General O'Neil.

So when Stargate go public , it will probably be nothing but the truth.
The only way to handle this is by the book.

Remember Senator Kinsey try to look good when the documentary crew visit SGC in episode "Heroes"
Because even Kinesy know the historian will look closely one day.

General O'Neil is probaby the greatest military hero of Earth, Movies ,books will be make about him.
and a lot of revisionist historian will try to find some dirt on him as well .

jcainhaze
November 22nd, 2009, 02:33 AM
O'neil would be offended. Probably boot Telford from the SG program for life, then lock him in the brig, and threaten to feed him to Todd or something.

Jper
November 22nd, 2009, 02:57 AM
Col Young pretended to be some scientist and left with the Pentagon driver.

How do you think Col Young got that far?Get a car on his own, waiting outside his wife 's neighborhood until Telford show up.
And the Pentagon Driver was nowhere to be seen?The driver would have reported him in when Col Young start doing strange things like waiting outside a negborhood or when he try to get away from the driver..And the Pentagon would have pull the plug (stone).

Col. Young pretended to be Volker, yes, that I agree on.

However, it was not his wife's neighborhood, it was another place. Possibly Telford's home/house.

No the chaperon/driver/Major Peterson was not there. It's safe to say that Young deceived him and that he was not a witness.

What you are saying doesn't make sense with what happened.

As for destorying record, The SG program already have too much secret and people will be critical of them and put them under microscope when SG program goes public.
for example even if they destory all document, what if the Pentagan driver appear on 20/20 or 60 minute (whatever people watchin the future)tell stories of some intergalactic sex scandal cover by General O'Neil.

So when Stargate go public , it will probably be nothing but the truth.
The only way to handle this is by the book.

Remember Senator Kinsey try to look good when the documentary crew visit SGC in episode "Heroes"
Because even Kinesy know the historian will look closely one day.

General O'Neil is probaby the greatest military hero of Earth, Movies ,books will be make about him.
and a lot of revisionist historian will try to find some dirt on him as well .

Don't be so naive. All the documents that they don't want to exist will never be released to the public.

Jeff-B
November 22nd, 2009, 06:35 AM
All this plays right into the hands of the IOA. They're already pushing Wray to assert control on the Destiny, and after her visit home she's probably more inclined to do so. If General O'Neill finally gets the whole story of the friction between Young and Telford, he may decide Young is under too much stress to be an effective leader and put Wray in charge. He did assign a civilian to lead the Atlantis expedition. The military control was necessary when survival was the top priority, but now most of the survival issues are under control. So at this point, the bigger priority is the scientists finding a way home. So far I feel Young is only breeding resentment by forcing the scientists into boot camp. I say Wray because I would imagine O'Neill has figured out by now that Rush needs to be watched, due to the fact that he may not be working toward the goal of getting them home.

Codemann17
November 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
To answer the question: General O'Neil will probably pull both of them in his office and say, "Dammit you two, quit! Telford, leave it alone, Young you had your punch, you are done. Both of you, enough! Now, let's go get a beer."

When organizations in the Air Force have problems like this one, and the people involved are officers (in this case Colonels!) then usually it is swept under the rug to maintain a professional image of the organization, unit, and troops. Nothing is really accomplished by officially reprimanding someone. It is all "back room justice".

I have noticed that usually the offending person will get conveniently transferred to another assignment (not a bad one, just another one). With Colonels it is a bit different, because, while Jack is a three star, he has to justify his decision to transfer a Colonel to his four star (I know it is firmly established in television lore that Generals can do what ever they want to anyone lower in the chain of command, so untrue!) Jack would defiantly go right to the President for anything directly "GATE or WORLD DEFENSE" related, but not for personnel problems.

Someone on here said that if it paints the Pentagon in a negative light, it will get swept under the rug. I have to agree. It will get buried, or blamed on an enlisted person *COUGH* sorry, I digress.

My two cents:

Young is stuck on Destiny, and Telford, while he can just be transferred to the SGC, is too valuable at HWC, and given his rank, it would be difficult to transfer him (Colonels have strings they can pull also. Usually Congressional ones). In all fairness, Young got what was coming to him. His wife was not sleeping with Telford. Telford told the truth to her. Young was the one lying, Young used Telfords body to sleep with his wife (which I would consider as rape). Young was the one cheating. I agree, Telford should not be hanging around his wife, but Young should of been the one to get his but kicked for cheating on his wife.

I love the drama, really I do. But I am ready for a good old fashion techno-mumbo-jumbo scientific science fiction episode. Just one every now and then, you don't have to do it all the time. With the love triangles, sex, whining, and emotionally compact story lines, I need a slight break. Just give me one episode where the day is saved by crossing the Heisenburg compensator with the transfused diatomic nominator.

P.S. Someone tell Scott he is not a 17 yearold boy who just got out of puberty. Jesus!

escyos
November 22nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
how can they prove it was Young as far as they were concerned it was Volker, Young could deny it and so could everyone else

Mongoletsi
November 23rd, 2009, 06:25 AM
Short answer, nothing.

Dude, you're at a UK Uni, a decent UK Uni. Learn To Spell.

J_schinderlin56
November 23rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
What would General O'Neil do after an official investigation into Col Young/Telford incident on Earth.
There will be an offical Pentagon/IOA investigation

We have Col Telford call Pentagon to pull the stone plug on Visiting Col Young.

Col Young pretended to be someone else to visit Earth ,and somehow incapacitate a pentagon driver(as well as someone keeping an eye on the "Destiny visitor") then assaulted another US airforce officer.

An officail investigation will uncover how Col Young abuse and sexually violated Col Telford's body .

In the past the Pentagon provide a driver for "Destriny"s visitor", they drove them around as well as keep an eye on them from a distant.

Sometime Col Young are allow some Privacy oernight.Kind of like "Don't ask Don't tell policy "

So what would Jack Do now ? since he can't just sweep it under the rug.

There is not much he can do to punish Col Young from Earth side.
May be restricted his Earth visit to close supervise visit
And give Col Young an offical warning.

Since Telford play it cool and by the book, look like a victim.
Jack probably give him some private warning about , or ask Telford to get some Consulting for victim support of sexual violation.

IOA will make a lot of nose about the crew violated other's people's body.
And new policy for visiting crew.

General O'Neil must deal with the fallout of this incident .
Two or three person will have to watch over the Destiny visitor.They will be closely supervise and minitor .

Telford cool and "By the Book"? are you kidding me? Telford is a coward and an absolute disgrace to the Stargate Program.

He used his position in the program to lie to and try to seduce another officer's wife.

If I were O'neill he would be scrubbing toilets at area 51 right now, and I can't believe after all the sleeze bag officers that Jack has worked around and hated, that he wouldn't see right away that Telford is a total jerk.

He can't fire Young, but he should get agressive about this whole "Sex" thing.
It is a violation of another person's body. I would never allow my body to be used like that.

I know Telford enjoyed the 3 seconds he had with Young's wife. (Obviously he came back for seconds) But I have to wonder what the young lady who let Camielle use her body would think of what she did with it.

I would not be cool with someone (Gay or streight) using my body for sex.

Jack is going to have to tell them to knock it off until some sort of "official Policy" can be established. Considering the "Soap Opera" that is already taking place, O'neill needs to act fast to keep things from REALLY getting out of hand. And tell Young that he had better be on his best behavior or he'll be scrubbing Toilets too when he gets back.

J_schinderlin56
November 23rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
To answer the question: General O'Neil will probably pull both of them in his office and say, "Dammit you two, quit! Telford, leave it alone, Young you had your punch, you are done. Both of you, enough! Now, let's go get a beer."

When organizations in the Air Force have problems like this one, and the people involved are officers (in this case Colonels!) then usually it is swept under the rug to maintain a professional image of the organization, unit, and troops. Nothing is really accomplished by officially reprimanding someone. It is all "back room justice".

I have noticed that usually the offending person will get conveniently transferred to another assignment (not a bad one, just another one). With Colonels it is a bit different, because, while Jack is a three star, he has to justify his decision to transfer a Colonel to his four star (I know it is firmly established in television lore that Generals can do what ever they want to anyone lower in the chain of command, so untrue!) Jack would defiantly go right to the President for anything directly "GATE or WORLD DEFENSE" related, but not for personnel problems.

Someone on here said that if it paints the Pentagon in a negative light, it will get swept under the rug. I have to agree. It will get buried, or blamed on an enlisted person *COUGH* sorry, I digress.

My two cents:

Young is stuck on Destiny, and Telford, while he can just be transferred to the SGC, is too valuable at HWC, and given his rank, it would be difficult to transfer him (Colonels have strings they can pull also. Usually Congressional ones). In all fairness, Young got what was coming to him. His wife was not sleeping with Telford. Telford told the truth to her. Young was the one lying, Young used Telfords body to sleep with his wife (which I would consider as rape). Young was the one cheating. I agree, Telford should not be hanging around his wife, but Young should of been the one to get his but kicked for cheating on his wife.

I love the drama, really I do. But I am ready for a good old fashion techno-mumbo-jumbo scientific science fiction episode. Just one every now and then, you don't have to do it all the time. With the love triangles, sex, whining, and emotionally compact story lines, I need a slight break. Just give me one episode where the day is saved by crossing the Heisenburg compensator with the transfused diatomic nominator.

P.S. Someone tell Scott he is not a 17 yearold boy who just got out of puberty. Jesus!

Uh, excuse me. How is Young lying to his wife exactly? He's not still sleeping with T.J. Young and his wife have already reconciled over him cheating on her.

Young won't even talk to T.J. about something that isn't "Official Business" these days.

Since their arrival on the destiny Young's relationship with T.J. has been nothing but professional and above reproach, sure,he day dreams about her (almost anyone with a Y chomosome in that situation would) but there is a big difference between that acting on it. Young has kept his feelings for T.J. in check.

Telford, Raped? Seriously? Uh, you can't rape the willing guys.

What Telford did (LIED TO YOUNG'S WIFE ABOUT HIM STILL SLEEPING WITH T.J.) is nothing less than a devious plotting move. Sure he could lie and tell her that' he's young to get some, but it would only work for so long.

But tell Young's wife that He's still sleeping with T.J. and She dumps him and Telford is "There for Her" how nice. Add to that,Telford dosen't sleep with her "at first" and he's the big hero.

First he tried to steal Young's Command, now his wife.

This guy is a total piece of crap.

Cory Holmes
November 23rd, 2009, 09:54 AM

Part of what makes him such a good antagonist, without needing glowing eyes or a Doomy Voice of Doom. Much more like Ba'al than like Apophis, which is a good thing.

We have to give Lou Diamond Philips props for turning Telford into such a jerk.

J_schinderlin56
November 23rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Part of what makes him such a good antagonist, without needing glowing eyes or a Doomy Voice of Doom. Much more like Ba'al than like Apophis, which is a good thing.

Great point Cory. And he's a much more believable villain.
Some overdressed, scum sucking, boombox voice, snake in the head is not only a little harder to believe than some sleaze ball military officer, it's also a lot harder to take seriously.

I like Baal, he makes me laugh, but I despise Telford

I've got to tip my hat to Lou Diamond Philips as well for making me hate his character.

After all, I doubt he's jerk in real life.

Codemann17
November 23rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Uh, excuse me. How is Young lying to his wife exactly? He's not still sleeping with T.J. Young and his wife have already reconciled over him cheating on her.

Young won't even talk to T.J. about something that isn't "Official Business" these days.

Since their arrival on the destiny Young's relationship with T.J. has been nothing but professional and above reproach, sure,he day dreams about her (almost anyone with a Y chomosome in that situation would) but there is a big difference between that acting on it. Young has kept his feelings for T.J. in check.

What Telford did (LIED TO YOUNG'S WIFE ABOUT HIM STILL SLEEPING WITH T.J.) is nothing less than a devious plotting move. Sure he could lie and tell her that' he's young to get some, but it would only work for so long.

But tell Young's wife that He's still sleeping with T.J. and She dumps him and Telford is "There for Her" how nice. Add to that,Telford dosen't sleep with her "at first" and he's the big hero.

First he tried to steal Young's Command, now his wife.

Did Telford consent to the sexual act? By federal law that is rape, but don't take my word for it: 18 USC Chapter 109A Section 2241. Let's go one step further. The military also has another law for it! UCMJ Article 120. OH OH I got another: UCMJ Article 134. And if they were in Maryland or Virgina at the time of the Rape (given they had to stay close to HWC) there are even more laws! Whew! I love being right.

How do you know Telford lied to Young's wife about him still sleeping with TJ? Did you watch an episode of SGU that is not out yet, bc I've seen all the broadcasted ones, and I don't remember anyone establishing that little nugget.And since their arrival on Destiny (what a few days ship time? if and when a time line is established) how do you know he hasn't been acting on it? As you said, he has a Y chromosome. I agree, all plausibility they had stopped sleeping with one another, but these writers like establishing little side plots.

I absolutely agree with you, Telford is a total piece of crap. But you, and everyone, needs to realize the events that transpired to this point. Two wrongs don't make a right, and three rights make a left. What does that mean? Young is not a moral person, nor is he the model officer. And why should he be? Everyone has faults, this time the fault is pretty awful.

missmobius
November 23rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
for purely selfish reasons, I want Telford to stay and Young, Scott, Chloe to fall into a crevasse and be left there :)

You see I like Lou and I hate the other three, so like I said for purely selfish reasons I will support Telford, even if he's the "evil" character in the show right along with "evil" Rush.

But BORING, Chloe and Scott and even Young and his lame Emily could be erased from the cast list and I would be thrilled :)

oh and also, for purely selfish reasons:

Just put RDA in the middle of the screen and leave him there for the entire hour and I would be content to sit calmly and stare at him for the entire hour, and record it and keep staring over and over and over again :)

I know what I like, and no you don't have to agree with me, but I don't enjoy looking at either Young or Scott or Chloe, their characters offend my sensibilities LOL, Yup I have sensibilities LOL

J_schinderlin56
November 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Did Telford consent to the sexual act? By federal law that is rape, but don't take my word for it: 18 USC Chapter 109A Section 2241. Let's go one step further. The military also has another law for it! UCMJ Article 120. OH OH I got another: UCMJ Article 134. And if they were in Maryland or Virgina at the time of the Rape (given they had to stay close to HWC) there are even more laws! Whew! I love being right.

How do you know Telford lied to Young's wife about him still sleeping with TJ? Did you watch an episode of SGU that is not out yet, bc I've seen all the broadcasted ones, and I don't remember anyone establishing that little nugget.And since their arrival on Destiny (what a few days ship time? if and when a time line is established) how do you know he hasn't been acting on it? As you said, he has a Y chromosome. I agree, all plausibility they had stopped sleeping with one another, but these writers like establishing little side plots.

I absolutely agree with you, Telford is a total piece of crap. But you, and everyone, needs to realize the events that transpired to this point. Two wrongs don't make a right, and three rights make a left. What does that mean? Young is not a moral person, nor is he the model officer. And why should he be? Everyone has faults, this time the fault is pretty awful.

Federal Law? Give me a break. Poor Telford, the "Rape" was such a traumatic experience for him, that he decided to steal Young's wife from him so that he could do it more. The expression on his face at the time really said "Man this really sucks, please stop!"

Here's what I've seen:
Young desperately trying to get his wife to forgive him
Young feeling remorse for cheating on her
Young avoiding T.J.
Young not Talking T.J. about his personal business
Young going out of his way to speak to T.J. in an official tone of voice
Young "day dreaming" about T.J. ( You day dream like that about what you can't have) This leads me to believe that he has accepted that he can't have her- Because he has committed to re building the relationship with his wife

What I have also seen:
Young risking his life to get supplies for the crew
Young removing himself from the lottery and (Signing his own death warrant)
Young doing what ever it took to save Matt

I'm married myself, if I were having trouble with my wife and another woman who I also was in love with came to me and asked "what's wrong? Talk to me this is how I would act:
If I wanted to trash my relationship with my wife and get with her:
I would talk to her about what was going on.
If I loved my wife and wanted to avoid making the same mistake twice (Especially when I'm hurting):
I would get up and walk away.
Young got up and walked away suggesting to me that: He wanted to pour his heart out to T.J. but didn't want to cheat on his wife. So he left.

I have also seen:
Telford repeatedly trying to steal Young's command behind his back
Telford wasting the ships power and giving orders to people
Telford abusing young's body to the point that he had to be sedated
Telford almost getting everyone killed so that he can take command
Telford retreating from the ship when his plan failed
Telford moving in on Young's wife

What I have NOT seen:
Young sleeping with T.J.

garhkal
November 23rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
All this plays right into the hands of the IOA. They're already pushing Wray to assert control on the Destiny, and after her visit home she's probably more inclined to do so. If General O'Neill finally gets the whole story of the friction between Young and Telford, he may decide Young is under too much stress to be an effective leader and put Wray in charge.

I could easily see the IOA using this to push for Wray to be in command.

Codemann17
November 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
Federal Law? Give me a break. Poor Telford, the "Rape" was such a traumatic experience for him, that he decided to steal Young's wife from him so that he could do it more.

So you agree he was raped. Good. I love it when I am right. Whether or not it was traumatic (sarcasm implied or not) is not the point. And I never said Telford wasn't without a hidden cause. And I am not sure if making light of rape is such a smart thing to do this day and age. Is it right for a 14 year old boy to be raped by his female History teacher, even if he enjoyed it? (this is not an attack, it is just an example of flawed logic).

And yes, FEDERAL LAW. What is that? Military members have to obey the law, even if they are on a space ship? HOLY CRAP!

Obviously Telford has a hidden agenda, obviously Telford is not the good guy. But to think Young, or anyone for that matter, is perfect and without blame? Dude, if you really are married, you will understand how that is not possible.

My two cents: NO MORE RESPONSES from me concerning this.

Peace out.

Skydiver
November 23rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
telford's behavior was inappropriate.

he's manipulative and dishonest. jack can't remove Young, but he needs to remove telford

his desire/obsession with being on the destiny is clouding his judgment

the fifth man
November 28th, 2009, 08:07 PM
telford's behavior was inappropriate.

he's manipulative and dishonest. jack can't remove Young, but he needs to remove telford

his desire/obsession with being on the destiny is clouding his judgment

Telford should definitely be removed/transferred. I just don't see it happening though. Maybe he won't report the incident to anyone, especially considering he knows he had it coming.

natyanayaki
November 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM
He could promote Scott or put Rush in charge

Not necessarily, Destiny is too far away, how would he be able to enforce it? I don't even think Jack would get involved in this situation, as officers of equal rank, I wonder if Young's attack on Telford would be considered a military matter, or a personal matter between men. Can anyone with military knowledge clarify?

nothing he can do it was just a fight among two people. and once jack knows what teleford has been doing i'm sure he would take young's side

As much as I dislike Young, I dislike Telford a lot more and think he's using his jealousy to make a move on Young's wife, having said that Young did a pretty horrible thing by sleeping with his wife while in Telford's body without having Telford's consent. I would consider that sexual assault, and I'm disappointed THAT hasn't been mentioned on the show at all (the show has so much potential, but it is missing some very interesting opportunities).

No you can't, but he wasn't willing, or at least for all Young knows, he wasn't. Young didn't get written permission from Telford allowing him to sleep with Emily; therefore he should not have done it.

LDP is awesome, but I'd like to see less of him (less of Earth as well).

for purely selfish reasons, I want Telford to stay and Young, Scott, Chloe to fall into a crevasse and be left there

While I despise Telford, if I had to keep him to get rid of Young, Scott AND Chloe, OMG I'd jump for joy. (Actually, I think I'd be OK with keeping anyone perm. aboard Destiny if it mean getting rid of whiny-clingy-Chloe)...

So you agree he was raped. Good. I love it when I am right. Whether or not it was traumatic (sarcasm implied or not) is not the point. And I never said Telford wasn't without a hidden cause. And I am not sure if making light of rape is such a smart thing to do this day and age. Is it right for a 14 year old boy to be raped by his female History teacher, even if he enjoyed it? (this is not an attack, it is just an example of flawed logic).

And yes, FEDERAL LAW. What is that? Military members have to obey the law, even if they are on a space ship? HOLY CRAP!

Obviously Telford has a hidden agenda, obviously Telford is not the good guy. But to think Young, or anyone for that matter, is perfect and without blame? Dude, if you really are married, you will understand how that is not possible.

My two cents: NO MORE RESPONSES from me concerning this.

Peace out.

Very well said, I agree completely on all points.

lvalen18
November 29th, 2009, 01:14 AM
When the FTL effected the Communication they had a few seconds on their own bodies... Telford swapped right in the Middle of Young and his wife doing the do... He didn't do nothing.. He couldn't reacted in a split second but chose not to... He let it go on

natyanayaki
November 29th, 2009, 01:04 PM
When the FTL effected the Communication they had a few seconds on their own bodies... Telford swapped right in the Middle of Young and his wife doing the do... He didn't do nothing.. He couldn't reacted in a split second but chose not to... He let it go on

He was in shock! And whether or not he was OK with it, it's still rape. In fact, I'm hoping there's a reason that at the beginning of the episode Eli said something like "I wonder what they're doing with our bodies" and the camera panned to his face. (With Camille and her wife, I wasn't sure if they had sex, or if they made-out...I'm hoping it's the latter because I like Wray so far, and don't want to think of her as a rapist).

lvalen18
November 30th, 2009, 08:36 PM
He was in shock! And whether or not he was OK with it, it's still rape. In fact, I'm hoping there's a reason that at the beginning of the episode Eli said something like "I wonder what they're doing with our bodies" and the camera panned to his face. (With Camille and her wife, I wasn't sure if they had sex, or if they made-out...I'm hoping it's the latter because I like Wray so far, and don't want to think of her as a rapist).

And if you think about it.. its cheating! They Slept/Made out with another person sure it was their concious but still you can get dump because the other person could've looked better then you.. But i guess its love... or lies that will keep those people together

AVFan
December 1st, 2009, 04:24 PM
I don't even see why this is a thread. As long as Young remains on the Destiny, the US military can't do jack-squat to Young.

First off, they have no idea who it was that hit Telford for sure. They might be able to speculate, but that's it.

Second, they have only the word of the person who is using the stones that it is them. Without completely discontinuing stone usage, there is no guarantee that there are no problems like what happened with Young pretending to be Volker. I think that's a likely solution to this if it continues to happen. O'Neill will only allow one visit a day for reporting purposes only. Personal visits will be no more.

Essentially, the Destiny is its own sovereign nation right now, operating under its own rules and 'codes of conduct'. And personally, I think they'll have "LOST" syndrome where they just will no longer fit in with normal life, and they go back to the Destiny because it was simpler.
^Just possible minor spoiler for LOST if you haven't seen this particular part of the series. Thought I'd spoiler tag it just in case...

natyanayaki
December 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM
It's a thread because Jack O'Neill is the awesome!

Also, I'd like to point out, that that's not really just LOST syndrome, it's something that many soldier's have trouble with after spending time at war. I think there are some treatment options, but unfortunately, the US doesn't treat their Vetrans with the respect they deserve (specifically in terms of healthcare).

DigiFluid
December 1st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe they can't PROVE that it was Young who knocked Telford around, but then, we aren't talking about proving things in court here. It's pretty obvious it was Young who did it.

AVFan
December 1st, 2009, 06:20 PM
It's a thread because Jack O'Neill is the awesome!

Also, I'd like to point out, that that's not really just LOST syndrome, it's something that many soldier's have trouble with after spending time at war. I think there are some treatment options, but unfortunately, the US doesn't treat their Vetrans with the respect they deserve (specifically in terms of healthcare).

Ok, I stand corrected. I don't know a whole lot about that sort of stuff, but wouldn't army vets not fit in here, and they wouldn't want to go back? My point was that they wouldn't fit in, AND they would want to go back because they liked it. Maybe a somewhat subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

natyanayaki
December 1st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Ok, I stand corrected. I don't know a whole lot about that sort of stuff, but wouldn't army vets not fit in here, and they wouldn't want to go back? My point was that they wouldn't fit in, AND they would want to go back because they liked it. Maybe a somewhat subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

Oh yes, I understand the difference. Of course, in LOST they had to go back because of the people they stranded, it might be different for SGU. We're not that far in SGU yet, but it would be interesting to see if the military and non-military personnel react differently once they're back home.

2nd lieutanet carol
December 3rd, 2009, 08:26 PM
at the very least (given the situation) He'll get a warning the sgc cant afford to lose young right know the situations too dire.