PDA

View Full Version : Scott's situation ....

garhkal
November 20th, 2009, 10:50 PM
So who did not see this comnig. That girl he knocked up (we found out in air Pt2/3) havng his kid.

BUT i did think it was class of him to put ALL of his pay check into her account to take care of them.

Shpinxinator
November 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM
So who did not see this comnig. That girl he knocked up (we found out in air Pt2/3) havng his kid.

BUT i did think it was class of him to put ALL of his pay check into her account to take care of them.

heck...whats he gonna with it?

Pharaoh Atem
November 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM
heck...whats he gonna with it?

buy a boat house car 2 hummers

oh wait

TheScottyDont
November 21st, 2009, 02:47 AM

It wasn't class - he just wanted her to stop dancing, get her life together, go to college, be a lawyer...

But - she's happy being a single mommy stripper.

DarkAsgard
November 21st, 2009, 06:28 AM
So Scott is a daddy, which no surprise to most. Dude had nothing on Earth to go back to, but when he did, he went to the girl he had a brief thing with.

Now he is a father, do you all think this is a crossroads for him? Will he step up and finally be a responsible adult rather then a sex crazed teen (personality wise)?

I hope so, I hope it this is the wedge that drives him and Chole further and further apart.

SupremeLegate
November 21st, 2009, 06:43 AM
Well it deffinatly looked like it affected him, I am hoping that it takes a while for him to grow from this. And hopfuly during that time he and Chloe will drift apart.

FoolishPleasure
November 21st, 2009, 06:47 AM
I hope we don't get more episodes with Scott going "home" to visit his boy. Uck.

I don't get why he went to see her in the first place. He said he didn't know her long, and he didn't have much with her, and if he doesn't have anyone on Earth, why go at all? Why doesn't he just enjoy his flings with Chloe and James on Destiny? It just felt disjointed. But Scott and Chloe are my least fav and scenes with them seem to bring everything to a screeching halt.

MattSilver 3k
November 21st, 2009, 07:01 AM
I hope we don't get more episodes with Scott going "home" to visit his boy. Uck.

I don't get why he went to see her in the first place. He said he didn't know her long, and he didn't have much with her, and if he doesn't have anyone on Earth, why go at all? Why doesn't he just enjoy his flings with Chloe and James on Destiny? It just felt disjointed. But Scott and Chloe are my least fav and scenes with them seem to bring everything to a screeching halt.

He got a letter from her, and she asked to see him. So he went.

What's wrong with that?

arrakis44
November 21st, 2009, 07:04 AM
Personally I quite liked it, I especially liked his closing scene on the shuttle. Him sitting alone looking somewhat withdrawn implies that perhaps he has experienced his 'wake up call'. Hope this marks at least a subtle change in his character.

major davis
November 21st, 2009, 07:10 AM
IMO the scenes with Scott were much better than the scenes with Camille. It grew Scotts character.

jsonitsac
November 21st, 2009, 07:12 AM
I get the sense with Scott that he tries to solve his problems with sex, like an alcoholic would "solve" his with alcohol, or a stoner would "solve" hers with marijuana.

knowles2
November 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM
I thought he tried to do the correct thing, at least. Through he should of got to know her first, before offering up the chance to go to college, women in those kind of situation tend to hate giving up independence plus they also hate being told there job is wrong, which scott basically told her.

I think this could be a interesting relationship to see evolve in the future of the show.
I certainly want to see scott's struggle with the idea of having a kid but possible never getting the chance to know him an for the kid to get to know his real dad.

jsonitsac
November 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM
She probably rejected the money, not because she wants to be a stripper, but because she has confused/angry feelings towards Scott.

aretood2
November 21st, 2009, 07:30 AM
She probably rejected the money, not because she wants to be a stripper, but because she has confused/angry feelings towards Scott.
IDK...
How do you come to this?

knowles2
November 21st, 2009, 07:35 AM
IDK...
How do you come to this?

One reason could be that the writers have never met cliché they did not like.

aretood2
November 21st, 2009, 07:40 AM
One reason could be that the writer have never met cliché they did not like.

I mean, from whence does he say that she is angry at Scott? On the contrary she is more curious about him. By the letter it seems that she wants to reconect with Scott agian...maybe she felt that it was time to let him know of his son. If she was angry, this would never off happened.

knowles2
November 21st, 2009, 07:47 AM
Okay miss understood.
Yeah I agree with you that she was not angry. Well at least until his thinly disguise attack on her job, then I think she was defensive/angry but seemingly not enough to reject the money.

One thing I did find strange was that she did not ask how he got her bank account details.

aretood2
November 21st, 2009, 07:56 AM
Okay miss understood.
Yeah I agree with you that she was not angry. Well at least until his thinly disguise attack on her job, then I think she was defensive/angry but seemingly not enough to reject the money.

One thing I did find strange was that she did not ask how he got her bank account details.

True...maybe she figured that since he is in the military and that the military has a way with people's privet info...

missmobius
November 21st, 2009, 09:44 AM
Personally I quite liked it, I especially liked his closing scene on the shuttle. Him sitting alone looking somewhat withdrawn implies that perhaps he has experienced his 'wake up call'. Hope this marks at least a subtle change in his character.

I agree I did like that final scene.

Coronach
November 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM
I'd just like to echo a lot of what others have already said on this thread. I really felt this resonating with Scott in this episode. Furthermore, I'm actually quite curious to see what sort of effect (short-term or otherwise) this will have on his relationship with Chloe.

Did anyone else noticed how distant he seemed after finding this out? Interesting stuff, as was his initial reaction to finding this out. :)

wargrafix
November 21st, 2009, 09:52 AM
He was deprived information. When he found out he tried to do the right thing. he didn't run or hide.

The mother is doing nothing to improve the situation she is in.

Sim
November 21st, 2009, 02:50 PM
Scott: Here have my entire paycheck that should set you up pretty nice. You'll be able to go back to school, get a sitter when you need it. etc

:weiranime22: DUUUUR I JUZ WANA STRIP N LEAF MEH KID LONE HEH HEH HEH

Scott: .........

Seriously, could this be anymore obvious of a "Plot induced stupidity" simply to create drama for the character. Does ANYONE really know someone who WANTED to keep stripping/abandoning their kid alone when they were set up nicely?

knowles2
November 21st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Scott: Here have my entire paycheck that should set you up pretty nice. You'll be able to go back to school, get a sitter when you need it. etc

Seriously, could this be anymore obvious of a "Plot induced stupidity" simply to create drama for the character. Does ANYONE really know someone who WANTED to keep stripping/abandoning their kid alone when they were set up nicely?

No, not really. But I know plenty of women who will do exactly the opposite of what you ask them to do, just to prove they are independent an strong or just to be stubborn.
If he ask her to carry on stripping she would went straight to college, if he ask to sit home an relax for the rest of her life, she would of went out an got the hardest, toughness job she could find.

Col.Foley
November 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
No, not really. But I know plenty of women who will do exactly the opposite of what you ask them to do, just to prove they are independent an strong.
If he ask her to carry on stripping she would went straight to college, he ask to sit home an relax for the rest of her life, she would of went out an got the hardest, toughness job she could find.
He should have known this then and just go tell her to go to college:P
And actually that is pretty clear what is happening, she will take his money, but does not want his support, and does not feel like that she can do anything, that she is worthless, etc.

GDKAnderson
November 21st, 2009, 04:08 PM
I think that this will create an obstacle for them. It will either bring them closer together or drive them further apart. I'm fearing that it's gonna be the latter, which absolutely sucks because I really really really like Matt & Chole together. Hopefully if they do drift apart they'll find their way back to each other.

Sam StarEagle
November 21st, 2009, 04:21 PM

Things just as dumb out of false pride...YES.

Might not be pretty, but people make bad decisions in life like that all the time. It's real life. T.V. people usually act in some pattern of logic, so it's odd to see characters do it, but it happens.

I found the whole situation believable.

aretood2
November 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM
Things just as dumb out of false pride...YES.

Might not be pretty, but people make bad decisions in life like that all the time. It's real life. T.V. people usually act in some pattern of logic, so it's odd to see characters do it, but it happens.

I found the whole situation believable.

I second this. People have a way of sending themselves down a bad path. This happens way too many times in real life. Sometimes its learned helplessness. They just don't feel, like in her case, that they can do any better no matter what kind of help they have.

Col.Foley
November 21st, 2009, 04:27 PM
I think that this will create an obstacle for them. It will either bring them closer together or drive them further apart. I'm fearing that it's gonna be the latter, which absolutely sucks because I really really really like Matt & Chole together. Hopefully if they do drift apart they'll find their way back to each other.
So do I, and I want to see more of it this episode has really been a good first step in that direction

Coronach
November 21st, 2009, 04:29 PM

I actually would prefer the latter. Not because I think they're bad together, but because I think they were literally thrown together (mostly through no fault of their own) and I would prefer to see a more long-term development.

Col.Foley
November 21st, 2009, 04:30 PM
I actually would prefer the latter. Not because I think they're bad together, but because I think they were literally thrown together (mostly through no fault of their own) and I would prefer to see a more long-term development.
Finally we are seeing inclings of that:P

Eternal Density
November 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
So who did not see this comnig. That girl he knocked up (we found out in air Pt2/3) havng his kid.I wish I hadn't, but... <censored> spoilers :S

Interesting how there's been a lot of alcohol consumption on the show, generally portrayed in a negative way.

wargrafix
November 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
You can be sure that they will show a stripper scene with her. Who gonna make the popcorn?

ARealArchaeologist
November 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
I second this. People have a way of sending themselves down a bad path. This happens way too many times in real life. Sometimes its learned helplessness. They just don't feel, like in her case, that they can do any better no matter what kind of help they have.

I think this is true of Scott. I think he believes many times, that he is no better then he is, that he can't really be a good person. Granted he's in the military, and tries to help others, but I don't think he really believes in himself. Now he has something to live for, something that is good, and I am curious to see how this impacts his character.

Blackhole
November 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Scott has shown himself to be a very honorable and decent person. Finding out that he has a son is really tough for him.

From his brief observation and conversation with her it is clear that he has doubts about how good of a mother she has been and will be. I can appreciate that money is tight with her but to leave her son at his age unattended like she has is unacceptable. I have doubts that she has tried very hard to find someone to take care of him while she was gone. I think it is implied by repeatedly refilling her wineglass that she is likely to be an alcoholic. I could certainly understand and respect a woman who used exotic dancing as a temporary means to achieve financial stability. But the fact that she has no interest in taking advantage of the financial opportunity Scott has so generously offered says volumes about her character. She obviously has very little desire to better herself and provide a stable positive environment for her child. What future is there in stripping?

I think it would be likely if Scott was on Earth that he probably would consider going to court to seek custody of his son. From what little we have seen I think he would make a far better parent than she.

I suspect that it is thoughts along these lines that have him sitting alone in the shuttle.

the fifth man
November 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
I really hope the discovery that he has a son impacts Scott heavily. Next time he is on Earth, you know where he is headed.

Col.Foley
November 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
I really hope the discovery that he has a son impacts Scott heavily. Next time he is on Earth, you know where he is headed.
No I don't, why not enlighten us:P

Sam StarEagle
November 21st, 2009, 08:58 PM
I think this is true of Scott. I think he believes many times, that he is no better then he is, that he can't really be a good person. Granted he's in the military, and tries to help others, but I don't think he really believes in himself. Now he has something to live for, something that is good, and I am curious to see how this impacts his character.

THIS.

:indeed:

kymeric
November 21st, 2009, 09:54 PM
Been there done that, he should just be happy he got away with no obligations. Really, you gonna pick her up from the strip club at 5 am and drive her home to where she left her kid unattended for 8-10 hrs? Best he will get is spending some time with the kid before hes 18. Probably wouldnt hurt him to teach his kid not to bag strippers like dad! XD

garhkal
November 21st, 2009, 11:12 PM
No, not really. But I know plenty of women who will do exactly the opposite of what you ask them to do, just to prove they are independent an strong or just to be stubborn.
If he ask her to carry on stripping she would went straight to college, if he ask to sit home an relax for the rest of her life, she would of went out an got the hardest, toughness job she could find.

Yup. And nearly all i know are single moms..

And actually that is pretty clear what is happening, she will take his money, but does not want his support, and does not feel like that she can do anything,

Which makes me wonder would he have been better off NOT giving any financial support?

I think it would be likely if Scott was on Earth he probably would consider going to court to seek custody of his son. From what little we have seen I think he would make a far better parent than she.

Which makes me wonder will he take his 'chaperon' up on her offer to get CPS involved..

Rudolph
November 22nd, 2009, 08:57 AM
I'm wondering if we'll see him father another child onboard Destiny. I mean, he seems to have a rather active sex life with Chloe and the Sickbay and ration packs probably have a limited supply of condoms.
Well, unless he managed to raid a condom machine in Icarus Base gents before escaping to Destiny; Chloe must have several years worth of birth-control pills in her handbag.

prion
November 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
I'm wondering if we'll see him father another child onboard Destiny. I mean, he seems to have a rather active sex life with Chloe and the Sickbay and ration packs probably have a limited supply of condoms.
Well, unless he managed to raid a condom machine in Icarus Base gents before escaping to Destiny; Chloe must have several years worth of birth-control pills in her handbag.

I really don't think there's a huge stash of condoms, or birth control pills, on Destiny. Nor do I think the guys all volunteered for vasectomies, or the women had their tubes tied, etc. For someone NOT to get pregnant on Destiny would ignore all the sex going on.

Blackhole
November 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
I really don't think there's a huge stash of condoms, or birth control pills, on Destiny. Nor do I think the guys all volunteered for vasectomies, or the women had their tubes tied, etc. For someone NOT to get pregnant on Destiny would ignore all the sex going on.

The Icarus base was off world. Birth control supplies may not have been readily available. The women who were planning to be sexually active could have had an extended length of supply with them to last till their anticipated return to earth.

garhkal
November 23rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Isn't The doc supposed to be preg later on in the season?

knowles2
November 23rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
The actor that play TJ is pregnant, joe suggested that they are not going to take the easy way out of the situation, aka not mention the pregancy an filming around it. Personally I think it going to make a interesting drama for the crew to have a baby aboard.

prion
November 24th, 2009, 09:51 AM

I can't see them introducing a baby, cuz animals and cute kids can KILL a scifi show. Unless it dies, and then we can have an episode or six of post partum depression.

But as for Scott, I think his response to helping his newly found kid showed a bit of immaturity on his part. Well-intended, but not well-thought out.

GDKAnderson
November 24th, 2009, 11:41 AM
How did it show that he was being immature?

creed462
November 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I don't see it as immature either, He at least is trying to take responsibility. What is immature is his propensity to making the same mistakes.

prion
November 25th, 2009, 04:45 AM
I don't see it as immature either, He at least is trying to take responsibility. What is immature is his propensity to making the same mistakes.

Yes, that's a much better description. Thanks. Not-well-thought-through decisions, at least in his personal life. Military, he's doing fine, otherwise he'd probably be dead by now.

natyanayaki
November 26th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Yes, that's a much better description. Thanks. Not-well-thought-through decisions, at least in his personal life. Military, he's doing fine, otherwise he'd probably be dead by now.

Considering his affair with James, is it right to say well he's doing well Military-wise??

Phenom
November 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM
What mistakes has he made? He had sex a few times with a few different girls. Thats pretty much it folks. Sure he may not make it as the 5th Jonas Brother but he has hardly done anything drastically wrong. Getting the girl pregnant wasn't ideal, but it was hardly a mistake.

A mistake would have been if he had robbed a bank.

Blackhole
December 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM
What mistakes has he made? He had sex a few times with a few different girls. Thats pretty much it folks. Sure he may not make it as the 5th Jonas Brother but he has hardly done anything drastically wrong. Getting the girl pregnant wasn't ideal, but it was hardly a mistake.

A mistake would have been if he had robbed a bank.

He got a 16 year old girl pregnant. They were both young and odds are they didn't use proper birth control. If the birth control failed or she lied to him then it would be a different story for Scott. He indicated that he hardly knew her so it is unlikely either event happened. They probably met and fooled around without taking proper precautions - a big mistake in my book for both of them.

Scott's subsequent trysts were with adult women. Sex between consenting adults is not a mistake. Now, if he doesn’t take proper precautions again then he is just plain stupid. I think he would learn from his first mistake and not make the same one again.

An earlier poster indicated that the actress who portrays TJ is pregnant. Another said that the show plans to introduce her baby as a new character. When birth control runs out on the Destiny then everyone better not have sex during women’s fertile periods unless they want a bunch of kids running around. It will be interesting if in some future episode they address this very real ongoing problem with some warnings from Young to the crew.

Starrtom
December 1st, 2009, 10:29 PM
He is just trying to do what he considers the right thing, good on him for that. It shows that he cares and is prepared to take responsibility for his actions. In the end thats all anyone can do.

jcainhaze
December 1st, 2009, 10:47 PM
Scott's a bit of a dingdong. Tough situation though. Baby momma dramma with a stripper.....classy.....SGU style.

2nd lieutanet carol
December 3rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
i think he will be more cautious from now on