This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tollan!???!?

What happened to these guys? I know they cant really help Earth mutch now, but I would still like to know what happened to them. They have always sparked my interest. Then again, anyone who can make there own stargate could be of some use to earth
    Last edited by Jag; 13 May 2004, 10:35 AM.

The Tollan were basically wiped out by Anubis. Whether there are any left...Well, they weren't much for colonialism and exploration, so there were unlikely to be many of them offworld when the attack came. The Stargate was destroyed and the ships which tried to escape were shot down. It seems unlikely then, but who - aside from scriptewriters and fanfic authors - can say for sure.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I some of them did get away, I am still interested to see what has become of this storyline. It seems their arrogance was their downfall. I want to see their faces now that they have been taken down a few notches. The Tollan were an interesting part of the story and should not be removed from the show i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jag
        What happened to these guys? I know they cant really help Earth mutch now, but I would still like to know what happened to them. They have always sparked my interest. Then again, anyone who can make there own stargate could be of some use to earth
        If you remember, (my old grey cells ain't what they used to be), the Tollan refused to help us because they were afraid we would misuse advanced technology for war and destory ourselves. The only time they appeared to want to help us was when the Cahncellor and most of their council were fronting for Tanith and Anubis.

But did Shroedinger survive, after all he has nine lives. And it would be nice if Narim survived also, even if he was a bit creapy.

Comment

I think "they're toast" as Joe says all the time

Comment

I miss the tollan, personally
            sigpic

Comment

As I KNow the Tollan were fighting this minor goauld.......was he working for anubis or what'/???/ I missed it....................so anubis killed them off?? when??
              http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355
                As I KNow the Tollan were fighting this minor goauld.......was he working for anubis or what'/???/ I missed it....................so anubis killed them off?? when??
                Well, Tanith said he was working for someone unnamed; since he suddenly had ion-proof shields, and no other high-tech super-Goa'uld have shown up, it seems a fair guess that it was Anubis calling - and perhaps making - the shots.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I'm fairly sure Tanith is later identified as being in the service of Anubis. I'd guess that any Tollan still alive are (were?) enslaved...
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Ive'd been seeing that you people in the forums make many assumptions...............this is not cool.......well sometimes it is....
                    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Comment

I'd like to see Narim come back. The Tollans were interesting characters. But for the most part they were useless to us.

Maybe as an apology for almost getting us destroyed they'll get us some ion cannons and big honkin space guns.
                      -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                      -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Maybe as an apology for almost getting us destroyed they'll get us some ion cannons and big honkin space guns.
                        Maybe they'd be sorry about us NEARLY being destroyed, if they hadn't themselves ACTUALLY been destroyed. If they have survived I'd guess they'd be slightly more upset about their entire civilsation being destroyed. I know I would.
                        sum ergo cogitum
                        I am therefore I think.

Comment

Which episode was it in which we got to see the stargate they built?

Comment

Do you remember the episode that began with the iris expandinding due to the phase shift technology from the Tollan, then Narim sends the cat thru the iris. That was the episode. It only shows it briefly when they come thru it and Jack make the comment "Ours is bigger".

Comment

Originally posted by Dibbs7
                              Which episode was it in which we got to see the stargate they built?
                              Pretense. season 3 episode 15.

it would be good to see them again. with their new home destroyed, Earth could once again help them and possibly even get new technology from them (Anubis may have not have been vunerable to the Ion Cannon but i don't think the other Goa'uld would be as well). after the S7 ending, i think the tollan (or whats left of them) wouldn't have a problem considering giving over the designs for a Ion Cannon or the phase technology (which would make a great addition to the Prometheus or missles on the Prometheus)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X