Which character sold this ep or shined for you in "Life"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which character sold this ep or shined for you in "Life"

Wanted to try something new, hopefully this is ok to merit it's own thread. As we know SGU is a character driven series. These eps that we have come to seen, 9 so far have various character moments and one or two characters truly sell the episode or have a moment that just makes us say "Wow".

Anyway, for "Life" I think the award goes to Col Young. I felt Young showed his darker side in this episode and his flaws. I loved his continue efforts to keep spying on Rush because he clearly does not trust him.

Kicking the crap out of Telford in the end was a pretty cool moment as well.

Anyway your thoughts to who sold this episode or was the shining character?
    sigpic

Young definitely shone, trying to attack Telford at home and then beating the tar out of him.

I also thought this was a pretty excellent episode for Scott, who's been rather unsympathetic for a while now.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Wanted to try something new, hopefully this is ok to merit it's own thread. As we know SGU is a character driven series. These eps that we have come to seen, 9 so far have various character moments and one or two characters truly sell the episode or have a moment that just makes us say "Wow".

Anyway, for "Life" I think the award goes to Col Young. I felt Young showed his darker side in this episode and his flaws. I loved his continue efforts to keep spying on Rush because he clearly does not trust him.

Kicking the crap out of Telford in the end was a pretty cool moment as well.

Anyway your thoughts to who sold this episode or was the shining character?
      I'd say it was the joint portrayal of Camile and Sharon. I loved seeing the vulnerable side of Camile again, which was contrasted wonderfully by how strong and supportive Sharon was trying to be for her. It really hit home, though, when we saw Sharon break down when she was alone again. You can tell it's just as hard for her, but she's trying to be strong for Camile. All of those scenes were done just wonderfully, and the actresses (as well as the writers) should be proud.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Team effort I think everyone wanted to see Telford receive a whack on the face. The last scene was amusing, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          I'd say it was the joint portrayal of Camile and Sharon. I loved seeing the vulnerable side of Camile again, which was contrasted wonderfully by how strong and supportive Sharon was trying to be for her. It really hit home, though, when we saw Sharon break down when she was alone again. You can tell it's just as hard for her, but she's trying to be strong for Camile. All of those scenes were done just wonderfully, and the actresses (as well as the writers) should be proud.
          Agreed 147%.

Those few snippets of scenes during the montage were perfect; they were tiny scenes; just regular stuff; and yet, within context of this show, they meant so much. Loved seeing Wray and Sharon just cooking, gossiping, and having fun together, both forgetting, perhaps for only an instant, the realities of the situation.

Those two were great.

Young was Awesome tonight too. I'm not only talking about the Telford Knockout, but also the slow build up from the start to finish towards that point. Really, the man seemed to be ready to snap after being jolted out of that Stone Session.

Comment

I actually loved Camille's scenes with Sharon. I was expecting it to be a cheesy portrayal of a lesbian relationship, but it turned out to be (atleast to me) quite well written. I also loved the way Scott responded to the news about having a son, although this seemed a tad bit predictable to me.

Comment

Col young and Scott sold it for me. Spencer and Franklin did too. Camille was ok. Telford=jerk. However young is kinda a hypocrite. Whatev.
              sigpic

Comment

They all did somewhat, though my favourites were Young, TJ, Scott and Camille. Young for kicking Telford's ass, TJ for just being supportive and cute, Scott for his potential for change as given by this revelation, and Camille for... just showing a more human side we briefly got a glimpse of in Light.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

for me the best moment was from Dr Lisa Park
                  She is a minor character, her briefy scene actually was quite good.
                  I am going respectly discuss her situation and i suggest everyone do the same

We saw her together with one of the marine(or air men) in a intimate situation,then later when the same marine try to say hi or something , she ignore him .
                  During the psy session when TJ ask how she cope with stress
                  Lisa said
                  I read
                  At the end of the episode she was seen with Seg Greer in another intermite situation.

I think when 80 people trap onboard a spaceship, people are going to get toghter .Not everyone can be like Scott and Chole , publicly holding hands or get too serious .

Call it casual sex or booty call or whatever .I think Dr Lisa park actually show us how lonely the crew can get and need a little fun.

The other thing about the episode that get my attention was Camile Wray 's day at home with her girlfriend.
                  We saw her kissing ,but how far did it went.I don't have any problem with lesbian couple.
                  but if Camile had sex with her partner in that body , the she violated that young women's body just like Col Young violated Telford.
                  Spoiler said
                  Spoiler:
                  some scientist in Camile body will have sex with someone onboard Destiny

Two wrong doesn't make it right , and are the writer setting Camile to be a lesser victim because she committed the same crime as well.I don't believe in lesser victim , only equal victim and abuser become victim.

Comment

young

put spencer in his place and gave teleford what for
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Lisa Park, definitely shone for a minor character. It definitely made me laugh that how the Marine and Greer thing was done the exact same way, right down to the hairflick. Someone has got her booty-calling down to an art!

I expect a minor punch up between the lads within a week...

And Young shone at the end of the episode, kicking four shades of tar out of Telford, the look he gave him just before he had the Stones severed was totally asking for some kind of retribution. (Although, personally, I'd have also just shot him when he was on the ground).

Rush again shone trying to keep people on that ship from going Loco by giving them a little bit of hope, he's quite right too, they all were far happier before they found out it was a fake. Young however needs to let up out of his face about Destiny though, with Telford causing hassle for the ship on Earth, and Wray and the IOA cabal having some hidden agenda, and Rush just trying to keep the bucket of bolts flying, he needs to start co-operating with... well... be honest, Rush is probably the smartest guy on the ship.

Matt's sidestory was very well done, it did make him a far more sympathetic character than he's been uptil now... although the so called "Special Chloe Scene" the producers tried to show off was no more than that damn Emo-Bridge where the characters tend to go to get all emotional... isn't there anywhere else on the ship?

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                        for me the best moment was from Dr Lisa Park
                        She is a minor character, her briefy scene actually was quite good.
                        I am going respectly discuss her situation and i suggest everyone do the same

We saw her together with one of the marine(or air men) in a intimate situation,then later when the same marine try to say hi or something , she ignore him .
                        That was Greer. Lucky bugger!

Rush again shone trying to keep people on that ship from going Loco by giving them a little bit of hope, he's quite right too, they all were far happier before they found out it was a fake.
                        Agreed. heck i even understood Rushes reasoning, since it was the same young gave for having that big all hands call just after the others got kicked off in Earth.

Comment

I'm not sure yet how much I like Col. Young. Though it was great seeing him beat Telford. Pretty much Ely shines in every episode for me.
                          It was a good epi for Scott.
                          "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            young

put spencer in his place and gave teleford what for
                            I totally agree. He may be smaller than both these guys. But he Kicked both their butts!!!
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Scott and Young.

And Eli at the end. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X