PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Quotes/Moments from 'Life'

MattSilver 3k
November 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
As the title says. I'd rather not have this thread devolve into any bashing of SGU, mmmkay? Just post your favourite moments/quotes from Life.

Favourite quote for me goes to Greer:
"Hey - looks like we found the dentist's office!"

And this one from TJ, after hearing Franklin's rant.
"So you're doing fine then."

:lol:

Favourite moment:
Young beating the crap out of Telford. Niiice!

Coronach
November 20th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Honestly, I think my favorite moments were the Camile/Sharon scenes. I can't remember exactly what it was, but the line that Camile said in Chinese (?? correct me if I'm wrong...) about the chair to Sharon was so cool, given the significance of it.

I also liked her line after we see her talking to her parents:

"Told you it wouldn't take long."

I get the feeling that her parents have a big problem with her, probably related to her being a lesbian. That was a subtle but powerful insight to her character.

ARealArchaeologist
November 20th, 2009, 08:43 PM
This is an episode I have trouble picking out favorite scenes or quotes. I really liked the whole thing.

PG15
November 20th, 2009, 09:51 PM
A big thumbs up to those Wray/Sharon scenes. I knew they were going to be adorable like that. :D

I loved the "short-hands" the two seems to have, like regarding that chair.

"So..."
"Hm."
"Yeah."
"Uh."
"Ok."
"Right."

...Or something like that. Those few short words and noises meant so much. :D

Their parting words were particularly powerful for me. "Wo Ai Ni", as I'm sure many have already figured out, means "I love you." in Chinese. It's great that TPTB avoided adding subtitles for that one. Sharon's Awesome. :D

Also loved seeing Young flipping out over Spencer. I was scared for him for a moment there.

"SHUUUUT UUUUP!!"

And, of course.

"Mini-Matt!"

Coronach
November 20th, 2009, 10:05 PM
A big thumbs up to those Wray/Sharon scenes. I knew they were going to be adorable like that. :D

Aha, nice! That's the word I was looking to use...adorable :D

garhkal
November 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Ahh. cool So you have a mini matt.

And looks like we found the dentist's chair were my 2 faves.

Pharaoh Atem
November 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM
young/teleford round 2

BurningIce
November 21st, 2009, 12:13 AM
The Funny one:
TJ: "What are you doing to relieve the stress?"
Dr Park: "Oh! I uuh...um, read?"

The Serious Business one:
Greer: "I wish people would just shut up, be happy for what I am......
people less willing or able to do... What I Do."

EvilSpaceAlien
November 21st, 2009, 02:37 AM

Indeed. :zelenka25: I can easlily say that they are now one of my favourite stargate couples. :love:

thekillman
November 21st, 2009, 06:09 AM
MINIMATT!

and the chloe/eli at the end

Ashman
November 21st, 2009, 06:33 AM
fav moment: Young telling Rush HE could sit in the chair!

Lightning Ducj
November 21st, 2009, 06:40 AM
fav moment: Young telling Rush HE could sit in the chair!

I thought that was a good plan but Rush chickened out.

arrakis44
November 21st, 2009, 08:37 AM
This one from TJ, after hearing Franklin's rant.
"So you're doing fine then."

Favourite moment:
Young beating the crap out of Telford. Niiice!

I laughed at TJ's line too, the delivery was perfect. Also loved the Telford/Young scene.

jds1982
November 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
There was a quote from Eli, about the consequences of using Telfords plan. It was almost a Ghosbusters quote, which would work great for Eli, but alas they didn't go for it.

garhkal
November 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM
I thought that was a good plan but Rush chickened out.

I thought i saw a smirk come across his face just after young left. Perhaps that is what he was wanting all along.

leanbarton
November 21st, 2009, 11:39 AM
It was all amazing insight into how the characters are dealing with stress.

But I too love Greer's line about the 'dentist chair', it's such a "real" line that anyone would reference, since that's what anyone would compare it to. It seems the writer's really think things through. I was also happy Greer got some action. I was wondering what an uptight marine was going to do.

The second scene that was sorta funny was Eli doing Yoga with Chloe. No wonder he got friendzoned. He's doing the classic nerdy mistake of doing 'anything' to be close to her, even if it makes him look stupid.

leanbarton
November 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM
I thought i saw a smirk come across his face just after young left. Perhaps that is what he was wanting all along.

Actually it was pissed face, because Rush blew it.

Jeff-B
November 21st, 2009, 01:17 PM
On top of those already mentioned, that little sprout in the hydroponics lab at the end. To quote George Carlin, "It's so ****in' heroic".

Lightning Ducj
November 21st, 2009, 01:19 PM
I thought TJ's face when Rush closed the door on her when she was trying to interview him was a great moment; had me laughing.

Col.Foley
November 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
The Dentist Chair bit

And the bit with the 'fire and brimstone and the cats and dogs living together'

Eternal Density
November 21st, 2009, 05:31 PM
And the bit with the 'fire and brimstone and the cats and dogs living together'Oh yeah, that was a great one!

Young's could-be-a-psych-eval with TJ, both what was said, and what couldn't be said. And related to that, TJ's fake smile when Chloe was going on about how she didn't feel lonely when with Matt.

Col.Foley
November 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Oh yeah, that was a great one!

Young's could-be-a-psych-eval with TJ, both what was said, and what couldn't be said. And related to that, TJ's fake smile when Chloe was going on about how she didn't feel lonely when with Matt.
Yeah that TJ moment with Everette was really powerful, because you just know that he would have loved to tell her, and get her advice on it, but she is the one person that he could not tell given their history.

I also liked Eli and Chloe stretching at the end, Classic:D

Eternal Density
November 21st, 2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah that TJ moment with Everette was really powerful, because you just know that he would have loved to tell her, and get her advice on it, but she is the one person that he could not tell given their history.

I also liked Eli and Chloe stretching at the end, Classic:DHeh, classic indeed.
I wonder how that convo would have gone...
"So Colonel Telford's been telling my wife that you and I are still... well, you know what I mean."
"Sir?"

Another line I liked was Sharon's "the only thing that won't be here..." line.

garhkal
November 21st, 2009, 11:02 PM
Actually it was pissed face, because Rush blew it.

Why did he blow it?

thekillman
November 22nd, 2009, 02:21 AM
he wants the chair to be used, but since he doesnt trust it enough to use it himself, Young thinks it will kill someone

Egle01
November 22nd, 2009, 06:13 AM
This is an episode I have trouble picking out favorite scenes or quotes. I really liked the whole thing.^ True. :)

Especially liked seeing everyday life on Destiny. Probably bashers hated it (slow, boring, yada-yada), but I've been waiting to see that stuff from the start. :D

mjwalshe
November 22nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
^ True. :)

Especially liked seeing everyday life on Destiny. Probably bashers hated it (slow, boring, yada-yada), but I've been waiting to see that stuff from the start. :D

did any one else notice the single green shoot in the shot of teh guy trying to grow food?

skratakh
November 22nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
my favourite bit was when it was over and i switched over to top gear

Lightning Ducj
November 22nd, 2009, 06:37 PM

I keep forgetting I can't vote down posts here

Lightning Ducj
November 22nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
^ True. :)

I think it was nice at this point in the series to show some montages of "everyday life on Destiny" as the people realize they could be there awhile and start settling into some routine..which was in sharp contrast I think with Wray in the end where the bitter-sweetness of her trip sinks in to her and what this new life really means

Cold Fuzz
November 23rd, 2009, 05:28 AM
I think it was nice at this point in the series to show some montages of "everyday life on Destiny" as the people realize they could be there awhile and start settling into some routine..which was in sharp contrast I think with Wray in the end where the bitter-sweetness of her trip sinks in to her and what this new life really means

Yeah, at the end, when Wray is breaking down I think is the first time the emotional reality of her situation finally hits her. It's absolutely devastating. She's not going home to Sharon, perhaps not in her lifetime...perhaps ever. Wray strikes me as someone who keeps her emotions in check when she's around other people. For her to finally acknowledge her situation was some very good drama to watch.

MattSilver 3k
November 23rd, 2009, 06:18 AM

Your witty criticisms of this show's impact on viewer's minds is an interesting one that is worth exploring - are most people sitting down and watching SGU just to bide time for Top Gear? I propose a census!

Cory Holmes
November 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Your witty criticisms of this show's impact on viewer's minds is an interesting one that is worth exploring - are most people sitting down and watching SGU just to bide time for Top Gear? I propose a census!

That depends. What is "Top Gear"?

Lightning Ducj
November 23rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
That depends. What is "Top Gear"?

A video game...

thekillman
November 23rd, 2009, 01:55 PM
lol.

well, i really miss the "red" button.

gatefanjo-m
November 26th, 2009, 02:16 PM

Seriously?!!! It is reasonable to assume that not everyone is going to be a fan, but instead of leaving one line, say what it is about the episode that you didn't enjoy. At least then you would give us something to debate.

I laughed when Volker quit the jogging, with something along the lines of:
"Ah, to hell with this."

natyanayaki
November 26th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Greer's "Probably if it means getting these people home, I'll sit in the damn thing."

Anyone else think Rush may try to manipulate Greer's need to protect the people aboard the ship??

MIZA
November 27th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I like what Camille girlfriends says to her to make her feel better about leaving , i like the love between these two characters it's sweet :)

Cold Fuzz
November 27th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Eli's line about Matthew Scott's "mini-Matt" was pretty witty. Admittedly, he should not have said that though, especially how sad Scott was at the time.

skratakh
November 28th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Seriously?!!! It is reasonable to assume that not everyone is going to be a fan, but instead of leaving one line, say what it is about the episode that you didn't enjoy. At least then you would give us something to debate.

to be honest i've taken to skipping through the filler. basically any bit they use the communications stones to visit loved ones i skip, i feel it ruins the flow of the episodes. i keep trying to give it the benefit of the doubt because of previous stargate but the only thing the show has going for it is robert carlyle other than that it's a snore fest.

MattSilver 3k
November 28th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I both agree and disagree. This, for me, was the weakest episode of the series so far. The things it touched upon that future episodes will no doubt build up has me intrigued though.

It's good to see some sci-fi gadgetry in the form of the chair. It reminds of the early SG-1 days when they'd find something but didn't know what the hell it would or could do. I hope more stuff like this pops up as they explore the ship.

I do enjoy "day in the life" episodes, and most Sci-fi shows have done one. I really hope though that they don't put too many in their line up. A couple is good, but I couldn't see an entire episode being devoted to Franklin's gardening or Scott's gym class.

*Looks at thread title* And this thread is so not the place for this, I'm thinking.

Lord Hurin
November 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
*Looks at thread title* And this thread is so not the place for this, I'm thinking.

Alright, I'll delete it. Sorry for the inconvenience...