PDA

View Full Version : Who will kill Rush?

RJLCyberPunk
November 20th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Common now we now know that with the way he has wronged everyone on the ship and what a yellow belly coward he is. Is only a matter of time before someone ices him. The question is whom? Who of the rest onboard destiny is the most likely to do it?
Even the IOA chick could end up doing it and we very well know why after this episode.

Jeff O'Connor
November 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I hope he outlives everyone else. :)

TheoryCraft
November 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I really doubt someone will try to kill Rush. They are definitely going to be pissed, but I doubt they'd try to kill him.

AVFan
November 20th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Rush is a staple character. If he ever does get killed off, it will be at the very end of the series.

Replicator Todd
November 20th, 2009, 07:35 PM
They cant survive without Rush.

Kree!
November 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Rush is one of the most interesting characters in the show, probably my favorite. By the way, you need to work on your English.

AVFan
November 20th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Rush is one of the most interesting characters in the show, probably my favorite. By the way, you need to work on your English.

I thought it was pretty good. Just missing a bit of punctuation is all.

Pharaoh Atem
November 20th, 2009, 08:02 PM
you kill rush you kill the show. he is the central main character

randomking
November 20th, 2009, 08:06 PM
he is going to kill himself by sitting in the chair

the fifth man
November 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM
No one better kill Rush. He may be a major pain in the a**, but he is also one of the best characters on this show.

Lord Hurin
November 20th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Just missing a bit of punctuation is all.

Seconded on the English. The OP may not have English as their first language.

As for Rush, I think there are lots of people who want to kill him. Most everyone seems to realize that doing so would be silly.

RJLCyberPunk
November 20th, 2009, 08:13 PM

Have you ever heard of typographical errors? Obviously not since you think that because I did not typed a K in Know instead typing now twice means I do not know English.

Cecil Brax
November 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah,

I have to completely agree that Rush right now is such a major part of the show that killing him off would take something away from the show. It did however show an extreme character flaw in the fact that he was willing to sacrifice others to sit in the chair, but he was unwilling to do it himself. His motives were very selfish, but it doesn't take away from how much I enjoy watching the character.

- CB

rsanchez
November 20th, 2009, 08:32 PM
At this point I just hope Rush will snap and throw the stones into the kawoosh of a gate. I've just about had enough of half of the episodes being half on earth. I just do not like the instant communication to Earth, and of all characters to go crazy and get rid of the stones, Rush is most likely to do it.

ARealArchaeologist
November 20th, 2009, 08:39 PM
They won't kill him, someone might get mad enough to mess him up a little, but then they would feel the wrath of the group who know they need him. I personally think Young should have kept the knowledge that Rush lied to himself, false moral is better then no moral.

RJLCyberPunk
November 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM
At this point I just hope Rush will snap and throw the stones into the kawoosh of a gate. I've just about had enough of half of the episodes being half on earth. I just do not like the instant communication to Earth, and of all characters to go crazy and get rid of the stones, Rush is most likely to do it.
If that happens they are doomed to die on that ship or at least never ever return to Earth. Or anyone they ever knew. Not even SGA suffered such a cruel fate...

ARealArchaeologist
November 20th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah,

I have to completely agree that Rush right now is such a major part of the show that killing him off would take something away from the show. It did however show an extreme character flaw in the fact that he was willing to sacrifice others to sit in the chair, but he was unwilling to do it himself. His motives were very selfish, but it doesn't take away from how much I enjoy watching the character.

- CB
I figured he wouldn't be the one to sit in it. In the opener when he wanted to go through the list and find the least valuable person to close the leak, it shows a high level of self preservation. A great character though, he really makes the show interesting.

Mitchell82
November 20th, 2009, 09:25 PM
No one better kill Rush. He may be a major pain in the a**, but he is also one of the best characters on this show.

Agreed.

Infy
November 20th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Eli will kill him

Shpinxinator
November 20th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I have a strong feeling he's going to die saving everyone....then ascend

Pharaoh Atem
November 20th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I have a strong feeling he's going to die saving everyone....then ascend

nope IMO

Shpinxinator
November 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM
nope IMO

wull...poopy...IMO

solar wind
November 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Rush is a great character. I'm a little sad that this epi shows him as really being a coward and just out for himself. Up until now I saw him as really a good guy, just no one trusted him and he didn't care because he was used to it, or something.

Cold Fuzz
November 21st, 2009, 12:06 AM
Rush is a great character. I'm a little sad that this epi shows him as really being a coward and just out for himself. Up until now I saw him as really a good guy, just no one trusted him and he didn't care because he was used to it, or something.

I think that Rush has always been out for himself. I think he's convinced himself that his interests are actually the crew's greater interests and has tried to convince others of this belief. However, there's what he believes is the greater good and the objective and actual greater good. There's been great differences between the two.

Now to be fair, there have been a number of times when his interests and the crew's interests have coincided. This was not one of those times. Lying to them for the sake of "greater productivity" is exactly the kind of thing I would expect from someone like him. Having someone else make the sacrifice while he reaps the benefit has already been a behavior he has shown before so portraying him as a coward was, in my opinion, nothing new to his character.

solar wind
November 21st, 2009, 12:13 AM
Hmm, obviously Rush's focus at this time was all about the chair. When we found out he lied about the planet, right away I thought it had been a ploy of his to get everyone else so focused on it too that they would let/force some one to sit in the chair. That's what Rush really wanted. It doesn't make sense that Rush was simply trying to boost productivity.

Cold Fuzz
November 21st, 2009, 12:19 AM
Hmm, obviously Rush's focus at this time was all about the chair. When we found out he lied about the planet, right away I thought it had been a ploy of his to get everyone else so focused on it too that they would let/force some one to sit in the chair. That's what Rush really wanted. It doesn't make sense that Rush was simply trying to boost productivity.

The boost in productivity would have been an incidental "bonus" as a result of lying to everyone. In his mind, the two objectives would have been greater productivity and of course, getting to the chair--more specifically, getting someone else to sit in the chair while he runs tests.

solar wind
November 21st, 2009, 12:27 AM
agreed

Captain Obvious
November 21st, 2009, 05:45 AM
Seconded on the English. The OP may not have English as their first language.

As for Rush, I think there are lots of people who want to kill him. Most everyone seems to realize that doing so would be silly.

the real question is...

How many people would Greer kill to keep Rush alive and get home.

YoshiKart64
November 21st, 2009, 06:44 AM
I think Rush could die at the end of Season 1. It could be a one season deal they had with Robert with the intention of killing his character all along. I know he said he would be happy playing the character for many seasons but clearly he wouldnt tell people otherwise.

If however (as i hope) that isnt true I could see Wray getting killed (she's moved from a main character in the pilot to a guest star). Not sure about the other main characters, they've done a brilliant job of building them up and they all seem to play their part.

tomuchtimeonmyhands
November 21st, 2009, 06:48 AM
Common now we now know that with the way he has wronged everyone on the ship and what a yellow belly coward he is. Is only a matter of time before someone ices him. The question is whom? Who of the rest onboard destiny is the most likely to do it?
Even the IOA chick could end up doing it and we very well know why after this episode.

the bald headed marine bloke whos been forced to give up drugs

missmobius
November 21st, 2009, 06:49 AM
I hope he outlives everyone else. :)

I hope Rush has signed on for more than just one season, cause although Eli is a strong character, the show would not sustain itself without Rush in it.

aream2000
November 21st, 2009, 07:19 AM

i agree alot of people might want to kill rush but they know without him there chances of getting back home are slim along with there chances to survive, maybe in the future when eli grows up a little

arrakis44
November 21st, 2009, 07:29 AM
I hope he doesn't die, but if someone kills him it will be 'crazy bald marine guy who's off his meds'.

Arwis
November 21st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Rush is 51% of the show, you kill Rush you kill the Show :) Btw there are only few people who know that Rush lied so if no1 spreads the word crew is ok for about a year :)

RJLCyberPunk
November 21st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Rush is 51% of the show, you kill Rush you kill the Show :) Btw there are only few people who know that Rush lied so if no1 spreads the word crew is ok for about a year :)

Actually of those one was the botanist who was trying to grow crops and he spread the news to everyone else. Is no longer a big secret is over, period.

Kaiphantom
November 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
I think that Rush has always been out for himself. I think he's convinced himself that his interests are actually the crew's greater interests and has tried to convince others of this belief. However, there's what he believes is the greater good and the objective and actual greater good. There's been great differences between the two.

Now to be fair, there have been a number of times when his interests and the crew's interests have coincided. This was not one of those times. Lying to them for the sake of "greater productivity" is exactly the kind of thing I would expect from someone like him. Having someone else make the sacrifice while he reaps the benefit has already been a behavior he has shown before so portraying him as a coward was, in my opinion, nothing new to his character.

I believe you are mis-interpreting his character a bit. He does believe in the greater good, but he's also a scientist and works on logic. Remember the second time SG-1 found the knowledge face-hugger? They argued about who would use it. Daniel said he would, then Jack told him he couldn't and used it himself.

It's logical to have someone else use it, as Rush knows the most about the ship. It's the same when they needed a sacrifice to seal off the leaking air in the shuttle. Logically, you sacrifice the person less useful to the group as a whole.

Cold, hard, cruel logic. Now, you can argue about the emotional implications and such; but I'm just showing you were he's coming from. Also, I assume he is going to end up using the chair eventually, if he can't get a volunteer.

Edit to add: I believe he also wants to understand the ship and all it's knowledge. With his wife gone, all he has is his work. And he may not be so quick to find a way home, because he may not be able to come back. So that's about the only thing I wouldn't trust him on.

Arwis
November 21st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Actually of those one was the botanist who was trying to grow crops and he spread the news to everyone else. Is no longer a big secret is over, period.

Maybe missed it because I forwarded many useless scenes.

wargrafix
November 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM
He lied about this. What else did he lie about?

knowles2
November 21st, 2009, 01:49 PM
They won't kill him, someone might get mad enough to mess him up a little, but then they would feel the wrath of the group who know they need him. I personally think Young should have kept the knowledge that Rush lied to himself, false moral is better then no moral.

So true, an Young may be even agrees with Rush. But Young got it in his head that he is running the show an so everything got to go through him. An Rush thinks he can runs things by manipulating people an proving himself to be correct on almost every issue they face. Only time will tell which of them will win the battle.

puddlejumper747
November 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Have you ever heard of typographical errors? Obviously not since you think that because I did not typed a K in Know instead typing now twice means I do not know English.

...uh? :rolleyes: :)

wargrafix
November 21st, 2009, 02:26 PM
Rush defines douche since he believes in earnest, everyone exists to serve him. Look how he addressed Eli. Eli is not someone's mongrel pup.

Lightning Ducj
November 21st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Rush defines douche since he believes in earnest, everyone exists to serve him. Look how he addressed Eli. Eli is not someone's mongrel pup.

Arguably, you could say the same about Young. He needed something done so he just ordered TJ and Eli to do it (for different tasks).

creed462
November 21st, 2009, 02:37 PM
Rush really put off the crew by putting up this ruse, but still he is the most knowledgeable person on board. Now Eli is starting to learn, but they still need him, so I doubt any one will kill him yet

wargrafix
November 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Arguably, you could say the same about Young. He needed something done so he just ordered TJ and Eli to do it (for different tasks).

He is sort of TJ's commanding officer still I think. As for Eli, a collision of interest is going to happen soon. Young is a bit manipulative in his own right.

I predict no one will kill rush. Until the land destiny on earth then someone will off him. It also seems Young isn't too interested in going back to earth now.

AdamTM
November 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Guys, whoever tries to kill Rush he better succeed, because seriously, you dont want Rushed pissed ^^

And yeah they might try to rough up Rush, but oh boy i cant wait to see that.

Rush is a sociopath, dont mess with him.

On another note, Rush will not get killed, they didnt kill Baltar in BSG either.
In BSG Baltar was the reason they were in the situation, in SGU Rush is in the same position plot wise.

At some point they might off one of his sidekicks tho.

knowles2
November 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
One got to wonder whether this was a trap to test Eli loyalties. It seem funny that Rush went through all the trouble of programming a force database entry an covering it up, that he did not make sure that coordinates were correct. it just seem to simple of a mistake for someone of Rush talents to make an the fact it took less that ten second for him to admit it.
An should of been easily spotted by the other scientists on board, with enough time, an they would of surely be researching all the data on that planet every day preparing a landing spot, planning on how to access the planet, surely the guys on earth would also be double an treble checking the data.

wargrafix
November 21st, 2009, 02:55 PM
it looks like everyone will alienate Rush even more now than ever. And he deserved it. He played with the hopes of everyone.

koroush47
November 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM

SGU can't survive without rush.

Blackhole
November 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM
Young's revelation that Rush is more than willing to risk someone else's life in the chair but not his own makes his character that much more unpredictable and dangerous. We knew before that he had his own agenda and was very self-serving. It is now clear to Young just what lengths Rush may go to accomplish his goals. And unfortunately given his importance to Destiny’s survival, Young’s job as commander has gotten that much harder. Keeping Destiny safe and the crew working together is an unenviable task. The grittiness of the show and the complexity of the characters are starting to grow on me.

nemesis24
November 21st, 2009, 05:56 PM

THIS! For all the focus on a more character based story line i only really feel that the writers put a hell of a lot of effort in Rush's and Youngs characters or perhaps they just act their part extremely well, but losing Rush would be a shot in the foot in terms of the show and the storylines. I mean theres something in Rush that you want to like but he does something like what he did in the last ep which makes you question this 'good' (i took it as he put that icarus planet data so he could get someone to get into the chair willingly).

Even though he is probably public enemy number one hes still a brilliant character to have and is probably one of the main reasons i watch the show

wargrafix
November 21st, 2009, 06:16 PM
Before leaving Icarus base rush put on some Plot Armour, so he should be fine.

Dawnette
November 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM
I have been wondering if the producers would kill him of at the end of season - too expensive perhaps.

Cold Fuzz
November 22nd, 2009, 12:38 AM
I believe you are mis-interpreting his character a bit. He does believe in the greater good, but he's also a scientist and works on logic. Remember the second time SG-1 found the knowledge face-hugger? They argued about who would use it. Daniel said he would, then Jack told him he couldn't and used it himself.

It's logical to have someone else use it, as Rush knows the most about the ship. It's the same when they needed a sacrifice to seal off the leaking air in the shuttle. Logically, you sacrifice the person less useful to the group as a whole.

Cold, hard, cruel logic. Now, you can argue about the emotional implications and such; but I'm just showing you were he's coming from. Also, I assume he is going to end up using the chair eventually, if he can't get a volunteer.

Edit to add: I believe he also wants to understand the ship and all it's knowledge. With his wife gone, all he has is his work. And he may not be so quick to find a way home, because he may not be able to come back. So that's about the only thing I wouldn't trust him on.

With respect, I'm not misinterpreting his character at all. As I said before, there is what Rush believes is the greater good and what is actually the greater good. There is reality and there is what he believes is reality. The two are not the same thing. There is the Greater Good and there is Rush's Version of the Greater Good.

It's interesting that you bring up the Ancient repository of knowledge. Tell me, would either Daniel or Jack have manipulated the other into using the repository by lying? Is that logical? Do you think it's logical in a small team situation like SG-1 for people to be withholding or obfuscating vital information? That wouldn't result in "increased productivity" would it?

You bring up Rush's late wife and you also claim that Rush is working logically. Don't you think it's more than just a little illogical that one person's obsession with his work and what HE deems is the greater good is somehow more important than the safety and well-being of 80+ people? Does intelligence somehow give him the moral authority to deem someone expendable and goad them into sitting in the chair? If someone volunteers to sit in the chair, that's hardly the same thing as Rush tricking them into it, right?

Rush's methods may seem logical on the surface, but what motivates Rush to treat people the way he does is hardly logical. Emotionally charged logic, which is what Rush is exhibiting right now, rarely takes into account moral considerations, especially when it comes to other people's welfare.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rush is an intriguing character and easily one of the most complex ever depicted on Stargate. :cameron: However, the claims that he's working logically don't seem consistent with his motivations or his actions. When a person's moral compass is damaged by personal trauma to the point where everyone around him is a means for his own ends, that's hardly logical to me.

kaliel
November 22nd, 2009, 12:50 AM

This. Rush makes the show at the moment.
Sure, there's a handful of characters that are decent, but not enough so to carry the show without him.

SoulReaver
November 22nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
what a surprise: Rush didn't wanna risk sitting in the chair

big deal. AFAIK risking his life ain't part of his job

prion
November 22nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
what a surprise: Rush didn't wanna risk sitting in the chair

big deal. AFAIK risking his life ain't part of his job

He'd make a good politician. send someone else in to die to accomplish his goals.

but I suspect if Rush ever got murderered, virtually everyone on board would be a suspect.

SoulReaver
November 22nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
He'd make a good politician. send someone else in to die to accomplish his goals.long gone are the days when the king himself would lead his army on the battlefield :/

YutheGreat
November 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Greer is gonna do it. Eventually Greer is gonna realize Rush was manipulating him to use the chair to gain access to the ship. You know I expect someone is gonna shoot Rush and we got a who shot Rush episode. Get Detective Eli and his assistant Scott

ChrisSThomas
November 22nd, 2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah,

- CB
It doesn't have to be that his motives were selfish by not sitting in the chair. Rush is very egotistical and also very logical. I could see that he wants to sit in the chair but realizes that if something were to happen to him everyone has less of a chance of living. He clearly was willing to risk himself if absolutely necessary as seen in Time when he ran through the malfunctioning gate. There is probably also the bit of him that sees being on the Destiny as his destiny and he can't bring himself to jeopardize that purpose (whatever it may be). It is more complex than him just being a coward, kind of like Ben Linus on Lost. He lies all the time but there seems to be more to his lies, almost like he gives people what they need to hear at the time. It is more complex than the fact that he is just a liar.

Cold Fuzz
November 23rd, 2009, 06:41 PM
It doesn't have to be that his motives were selfish by not sitting in the chair. Rush is very egotistical and also very logical. I could see that he wants to sit in the chair but realizes that if something were to happen to him everyone has less of a chance of living. He clearly was willing to risk himself if absolutely necessary as seen in Time when he ran through the malfunctioning gate. There is probably also the bit of him that sees being on the Destiny as his destiny and he can't bring himself to jeopardize that purpose (whatever it may be). It is more complex than him just being a coward, kind of like Ben Linus on Lost. He lies all the time but there seems to be more to his lies, almost like he gives people what they need to hear at the time. It is more complex than the fact that he is just a liar.

Rush isn't just a plain liar. He mixes in half-truths with lies. Not knowing where he really stands and being in a position of power onboard the Destiny makes him especially dangerous.

EDIT: If he's being logical, that logic is bent solely to his purposes. He certainly isn't being objective. He's obsessed with his work and he's determined to have the people on that ship serve as his crew despite their efforts to get home. In that sense, his motivations aren't logical at all. His "logic" is a means to an end, like everyone else in his life. Essentially, his "logic" is just another tool, or a weapon.

Metal Head Bard
November 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
I love the show, but he is one of the few characters that I have any interest in, so I hope he lives!

prion
November 25th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Rush would make a great used car salesman. He knows how to manipulate people. And that's far more dangerous than being a flat-out liar.

I envision one of those 'take a number' things where people have little pieces of paper with #s on 'em, waiting for their turn to, if nothing else, beat the living crap out of Rush for scaring 'em half to death with his manipulations. ;)

Cold Fuzz
November 26th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Rush would make a great used car salesman. He knows how to manipulate people. And that's far more dangerous than being a flat-out liar.

I envision one of those 'take a number' things where people have little pieces of paper with #s on 'em, waiting for their turn to, if nothing else, beat the living crap out of Rush for scaring 'em half to death with his manipulations. ;)

Copy that. ;) Personally, I think that the moment Rush is no longer useful to anyone on the ship, Young will likely have to confine him because of the number of people who will want to lynch him. I mean he just lied to everybody about a naquadria planet and played with their hopes. That and more than a few people on the ship (namely Greer) hold Rush personally responsible for stranding them on the far side of the universe in a dilapidated old ship.

AvanGard
November 27th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Who will kill Rush?

The viewers in a season or two.

Starrtom
November 27th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I think it would be a bad move for anyone to try or kill Rush. He is the one that will save them at the end of the day. He is also probably the most interesting and intriuging character of all of Stargate.

EllieVee
November 27th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Who will kill Rush?

The viewers in a season or two.

:rolleyes:

Deevil
November 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Whoever kills Rush would have to be an idiot, because he is conceivably the only person who can get them home.

Not that I think anyone will kill Rush. I think someone may try too but not succeed.

EllieVee
November 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Whoever kills Rush would have to be an idiot, because he is conceivably the only person who can get them home.

Not that I think anyone will kill Rush. I think someone may try too but not succeed.

Well, they're going to have to deal with me if he gets hurt.

Oh wait, I'm not on the ship.*

* Pity ...

ResearchGuy
November 27th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Well, they're going to have to deal with me if he gets hurt.

Oh wait, I'm not on the ship.*

* Pity ...

lol, love it!

I love R.C's character, (i say R.C i cant be bothered to write his name, although i did just write this...) I read in an interview with him before Air aired and
.... sure you want to know???

and... he said theres an episode where Rush gets thrown off the ship by the survivors and left behind, there he encounters some aliens and they place him in some sort of water tank... (im thinking like SW:Empire Strikes Back sort of water tank inwhich Luke gets put in) The ship then follows Destiny and he returns some how

above is just speculation, i read it in an interview a while ago now, and will hunt it down for a link but not right now...

EllieVee
November 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM
lol, love it!

I love R.C's character, (i say R.C i cant be bothered to write his name, although i did just write this...) I read in an interview with him before Air aired and
.... sure you want to know???

and... he said theres an episode where Rush gets thrown off the ship by the survivors and left behind, there he encounters some aliens and they place him in some sort of water tank... (im thinking like SW:Empire Strikes Back sort of water tank inwhich Luke gets put in) The ship then follows Destiny and he returns some how

above is just speculation, i read it in an interview a while ago now, and will hunt it down for a link but not right now...

Oh yes, do hunt that down, please. :)

And for your spoiler
sob ... poor Nicky

Muh_tuttles
November 27th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I may kill him before the passengers do :mckay: He's not a trustworthy or honourable character at all :S

ResearchGuy
November 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
And for your spoiler
sob ... poor Nicky

hands tissue, its ok... like i said he returns :daniel:

ResearchGuy
November 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Ok, i was off on one thing... but i read this the day it came out, and tracked it down in all of 10 minutes searching

the article is titled "No one told SGU Star not to reveal spoilers" so there are spoilers...
http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/no-one-told-stargate-univ.php

enjoy

EllieVee
November 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Thank you, ResearchGuy!

Phenom
November 29th, 2009, 03:09 AM
If Rush gets killed then SGU will lose me as a viewer unfortunately. RC is a magnificent actor, absolutely top shelf. There are other parts of the show which I enjoy to a degree but without him I would lose a lot of interest.

ResearchGuy
December 7th, 2009, 02:46 AM
so iwasnt exactly right, but cant wait until april. Dr Rush is brilliant

Captain Obvious
December 27th, 2009, 01:01 PM
spoilers for justice

He might not have killed rush, but Young has become the first (of what I assume will be many) to TRY to kill Rush.

Alan Wake
December 27th, 2009, 01:05 PM
This question is madness... you can not kill a god!

and besides, Rush is the Daniel Jackson character... you can try to kill him off... but he'll be back.

Skydiver
January 4th, 2010, 05:44 AM
what would be priceless, whomever rush manipulates into sitting in the chair has the ancient gene and can control it...and rush can't.

in his 'fear' of sitting in the chair, he ultimately ends up giving someone else the power.

No one will kill rush. His actor's name is in the credits, he's safe until contract renegotiation time.

StarGator
January 8th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't put it past someone or several someones to try, Young for one. But they'll always fail. I strongly suspect Rush will exit the stage on his own terms, if indeed he does.

Perhaps he will elect to go down with his ship. Or if Destiny is truly on a never-ending journey, then perhaps he will find some way to stay with his ship forever. Rush does seem rather obsessed with acquiring some form of immortality...