PDA

View Full Version : Theme song?

Nchewbacca
November 17th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Seriously, I remember when they started to shorten the SG-1 and Atlantis theme songs, and everyone here (seemingly) was outraged. When is SGU going to get a theme song? Something I can hear, like the SG-1 song, and say, "Back when I was your age..."

The Prophet
November 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Stargate Universe Theme-Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67E-_SQLVRo)

Welcome ;)

M2W
November 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Almost peed my pants!!!!!!!!!

Ann_Ominous
November 17th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Seems perfect to me!

My dogs love the SG-1 theme music. Starla got her name because of how much she loves it. I have to turn the volume up and we all just howl along.

Carter1994
November 17th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Stargate Universe Theme-Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67E-_SQLVRo)

AUGH! :eek:
Careful, Prophet, you could give people a heart attack with that one... :D

But in all seriousness, I may loose it if SGU doesn't have a theme song before the season ends... I may have to start posting the entire "loose it"* quote all over the forum. Hee-hee-hee...

*Loose it... it means, go nuts. Crazy. Insane. No longer in control of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!

AVFan
November 17th, 2009, 07:24 PM
AUGH! :eek:
Careful, Prophet, you could give people a heart attack with that one... :D

Too late... I've never seen anything of SGI, and that was my first little look into it. :eek: is all I can say. Well that and :danielanime08:

Kaeb
November 17th, 2009, 07:47 PM
It's become sort of a stamp for most television drama's that are on the box these days. For example Heroes, House, Dexter, Battlestar Galactica. All have relatively short intro's.

I for one like the small electric guitar intro we have as it quickly gets us back to the story and doesn't detract from it at all. It's less intrusive this way and draws you in alot more.

Replicator Todd
November 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Apparently TV doesn't need a theme song, as said by TPTB.

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM
"You're free, but in your mind, your freedom's in a bind..."

Captain Obvious
November 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
they do have a title song, a simple piano number that gives us an extra 30 seconds of show.

jcainhaze
November 17th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I would like the show to start off with Destiny jumping out of hyperspace and then bust out with the Sanford and Son theme song. It fits....it really does.

AVFan
November 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I would like the show to start off with Destiny jumping out of hyperspace and then bust out with the Sanford and Son theme song. It fits....it really does.
HOLY CRAP!!! IT DOES!

I just played the S&S theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5DnqW3F57E
overtop of the opening of Time (sorry non-US people):
http://www.hulu.com/watch/108874/stargate-universe-time

Even most of the camera flashes match up with the beats in the music! Hmm.. so this is the hidden theme to SGU...

Ann_Ominous
November 17th, 2009, 10:09 PM
they do have a title song, a simple piano number that gives us an extra 30 seconds of show.

But my dogs say that is absolutely no good for howling along with!!

reddevil18
November 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
It's become sort of a stamp for most television drama's that are on the box these days. For example Heroes, House, Dexter, Battlestar Galactica. All have relatively short intro's.
Heroes, yes.
House's is relatively short, but it still has the theme song and all, unlike Heroes, LOST and so on. BSG was about the same length as House's. And Dexter has a long-ass intro. Like 2 minutes+...

Kidwizz
November 18th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Heroes, yes.
House's is relatively short, but it still has the theme song and all, unlike Heroes, LOST and so on. BSG was about the same length as House's. And Dexter has a long-ass intro. Like 2 minutes+...
Heroes has a title throw up. BSG has a theme. Theme are on their way out. Scifi cut them out of SGA and eureka, even though they both have awesome themes. Dexter can have a long theme because each episode goes for 55 minutes, compared to normal shows that go for 45 mins.

KEK
November 18th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Hopefully never. They just look cheap and outdated, and really add nothing to the experience.

Deevil
November 18th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Hopefully never. They just look cheap and outdated, and really add nothing to the experience.

I tend to agree. I am a big fan of leaving them out because I hate watching them - no matter how cool I might find them the first time around.

As for the 'Theme' music, I think what we hear during the end titles/credits is the SGU theme song... and it reminds me of Babylon 5's theme.

Kidwizz
November 18th, 2009, 04:45 AM
I really like the end theme. i'm still trying to get it as an mp3.

s09119
November 18th, 2009, 06:25 AM
"You're free, but in your mind, your freedom's in a bind..."

Good song :D

gatefanjo-m
November 18th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I'm in agreement for the non-theme-tune-with-slowmo-picture opening of each show. After seeing that the first 10 times on any show, I always fast forward. With SGU I don't have to bother, which is a welcome change.
The ending credits music is starting to grow on me too. When I first heard it, it sounded unmemorable, but now it's more of a familiar tune. I still would quite like Gravity by Embassy played at the end though. Whenever I hear that song now it reminds me of SGU. But I guess the end music is quite classy and in keeping with the show's vibe.

Terra Atlantus
November 18th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I really like the end theme. i'm still trying to get it as an mp3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wf-QWfAeAg

How to convert a Youtube video into a mp3 file, start Googling!

Lightning Ducj
November 18th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Wow!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh3H9zJ2lyo

And more wow!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzdeeLS6BM0

tNsRAoL
November 19th, 2009, 02:20 AM
By the end of SGA and SG-1 I was well and truly sick of the theme song. So no theme song for SGU works for me.

Hallowed are the...
November 19th, 2009, 08:30 AM

I for one like the small electric guitar intro we have as it quickly gets us back to the story and doesn't detract from it at all. It's less intrusive this way and draws you in alot more.

Actually Galactica had three intros for every episode: Previously on... (usually included added scenes); the standard bearer set to celtic music; and the drum beaten preview of the episode high points.

I too would like Universe to have an opening sequence aside from seeing the phallic ship followed by the 'previously on...' segment. I personally liked the way that the theme for Atlantis was tied to the theme for SG1 to create a little bit of a link between the series. But it isn't about the show, it's about the advertisers, or specifically the time the network wants to sell to the advertisers. This show costs a lot of money!

knowles2
November 19th, 2009, 08:42 AM

Dexter Intro is pretty long.

Tru blood got a excellent opening theme tune. I always like the Big bang one to.

Lightning Ducj
November 19th, 2009, 10:30 AM
By the end of SGA and SG-1 I was well and truly sick of the theme song. So no theme song for SGU works for me.

Theme songs are nice for the sorta Pavlovian reaction of getting excited for the show, but after a bit it's like "OK, let's get on with the show!" and they just sorta suck up time...

Badhron
November 27th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I would rather have a theme song than the clip of Rush and Scott saying various lines such as "the design is clearly ancient" and "we have no idea where we are in relation to earth" that seems to be at the start of every episode.

Pharaoh Atem
May 31st, 2010, 08:16 PM
theme songs are something from the 90's