PDA

View Full Version : Possible Alternate Solution

Merlin's_Legacy
November 16th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Ok, here's an interesting thought.... What if it wasn't the alien venom that cures the disease??? Think about this. Scott is also the only one who ate that fruit. What if it turned out that there was a big misunderstanding and the fruit was actually some sort of cure all that made Scott unpalatable to the aliens, thus them not eating him, and eliminates toxins from the body, thus Scott not dieing from either the alien bite or the sickness.

Since we're assuming Destiny somehow knows what the people on the ship need, maybe the ship sent them there for the fruit.

Would make for an interesting two-parter. They go through all the trouble of capturing the aliens, but the venom doesn't work, they're still dieing and have to figure out from the kinos what else was only done by Scott.

The Kinosode doesn't entirely preclude this since at that point TJ was just experimenting with the venom and Volker and Chloe were just becoming symptomatic.

Nightfighter89
November 16th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I thought Eli ate the fruit.

Girlbot
November 16th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I thought Eli ate the fruit.

It was Eli. and I was thinking the same thing about the immunity coming from the fruit as the solution to the bacteria in the water problem.

Inquisitor
November 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I thought I saw Scott take a bite, too, but I wouldn't want to watch the episode.. the dirty water storyline is pretty much over, and it isn't interesting enough for a two parter..

Count
November 16th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Ok, here's an interesting thought.... What if it wasn't the alien venom that cures the disease??? Think about this. Scott is also the only one who ate that fruit. What if it turned out that there was a big misunderstanding and the fruit was actually some sort of cure all that made Scott unpalatable to the aliens, thus them not eating him, and eliminates toxins from the body, thus Scott not dieing from either the alien bite or the sickness.

Since we're assuming Destiny somehow knows what the people on the ship need, maybe the ship sent them there for the fruit.

Would make for an interesting two-parter. They go through all the trouble of capturing the aliens, but the venom doesn't work, they're still dieing and have to figure out from the kinos what else was only done by Scott.

The Kinosode doesn't entirely preclude this since at that point TJ was just experimenting with the venom and Volker and Chloe were just becoming symptomatic.

the only reason the alien didnt kill Scott like it did the others is what you saw on screen. In the scene where they were all fighting, Eli and Rush dialled the gate, Scott was on the left of Rush adn Eli, he went down, Greer pulled the creature off him by the tail and threw it away. It didnt have a chance to burrow into Scott.

That's where the "bite but didnt kill" bit came from, Greer saved him, thee only side effect was, because he wasn't "burrowed into", he was only hit with the creatures venom and not killed, hence they found he could be cured of the disease by exposure to the venom.

MattSilver 3k
November 16th, 2009, 08:44 PM
We didn't see Scott eat any fruit.

Thus, your theory kinda dies before it starts.

Besides, the basic premise of next week's episode seems to forego any possible sequel to Time, sorry.

Mongoletsi
November 17th, 2009, 04:55 AM
WE are not assuming that at all. I think you'll find a lot of folk insist that:

(Using "Time" as an example)

a. Destiny (probably) had no idea that the humans were getting sick
b. Destiny (almost certainly) had no idea there were creatures by the gate, or that their venom would combat the water bugs

Anyway, it was Eli who ate the fruit :rolleyes:

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM
What if Lt. Scott himself is the cure? And, um... no, never mind. The deaths of Chloe and Vanessa prove otherwise.

Nightfighter89
November 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
What if Lt. Scott himself is the cure? And, um... no, never mind. The deaths of Chloe and Vanessa prove otherwise.

ROFL.

You win 10 internets.

Lightning Ducj
November 19th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Who's we?

The ship found the planet with the needed filtration chemical after Rush told the ship they needed it. But that's it as far as the ship's helpfulness. The ship seems pretty good at meeting it's own needs but hasn't shown any sides that it's aware of the presence, much less needs, of anyone on board unless explicitly instructed

Eternal Density
November 19th, 2009, 04:25 PM
ROFL.

You win 10 internets.*gasp* Wow, 10 internets! There's a first time for everything :D Thanks.