Possible Alternate Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Alternate Solution

Ok, here's an interesting thought.... What if it wasn't the alien venom that cures the disease??? Think about this. Scott is also the only one who ate that fruit. What if it turned out that there was a big misunderstanding and the fruit was actually some sort of cure all that made Scott unpalatable to the aliens, thus them not eating him, and eliminates toxins from the body, thus Scott not dieing from either the alien bite or the sickness.

Since we're assuming Destiny somehow knows what the people on the ship need, maybe the ship sent them there for the fruit.

Would make for an interesting two-parter. They go through all the trouble of capturing the aliens, but the venom doesn't work, they're still dieing and have to figure out from the kinos what else was only done by Scott.

The Kinosode doesn't entirely preclude this since at that point TJ was just experimenting with the venom and Volker and Chloe were just becoming symptomatic.
    Last edited by Merlin's_Legacy; 16 November 2009, 06:53 PM. Reason: Changed title.

I thought Eli ate the fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfighter89 View Post
      I thought Eli ate the fruit.
      It was Eli. and I was thinking the same thing about the immunity coming from the fruit as the solution to the bacteria in the water problem.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

I thought I saw Scott take a bite, too, but I wouldn't want to watch the episode.. the dirty water storyline is pretty much over, and it isn't interesting enough for a two parter..

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
          Ok, here's an interesting thought.... What if it wasn't the alien venom that cures the disease??? Think about this. Scott is also the only one who ate that fruit. What if it turned out that there was a big misunderstanding and the fruit was actually some sort of cure all that made Scott unpalatable to the aliens, thus them not eating him, and eliminates toxins from the body, thus Scott not dieing from either the alien bite or the sickness.

Since we're assuming Destiny somehow knows what the people on the ship need, maybe the ship sent them there for the fruit.

Would make for an interesting two-parter. They go through all the trouble of capturing the aliens, but the venom doesn't work, they're still dieing and have to figure out from the kinos what else was only done by Scott.

The Kinosode doesn't entirely preclude this since at that point TJ was just experimenting with the venom and Volker and Chloe were just becoming symptomatic.
          the only reason the alien didnt kill Scott like it did the others is what you saw on screen. In the scene where they were all fighting, Eli and Rush dialled the gate, Scott was on the left of Rush adn Eli, he went down, Greer pulled the creature off him by the tail and threw it away. It didnt have a chance to burrow into Scott.

That's where the "bite but didnt kill" bit came from, Greer saved him, thee only side effect was, because he wasn't "burrowed into", he was only hit with the creatures venom and not killed, hence they found he could be cured of the disease by exposure to the venom.

Comment

We didn't see Scott eat any fruit.

Thus, your theory kinda dies before it starts.

Besides, the basic premise of next week's episode seems to forego any possible sequel to Time, sorry.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

WE are not assuming that at all. I think you'll find a lot of folk insist that:

(Using "Time" as an example)

a. Destiny (probably) had no idea that the humans were getting sick
              b. Destiny (almost certainly) had no idea there were creatures by the gate, or that their venom would combat the water bugs

Anyway, it was Eli who ate the fruit
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

What if Lt. Scott himself is the cure? And, um... no, never mind. The deaths of Chloe and Vanessa prove otherwise.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  What if Lt. Scott himself is the cure? And, um... no, never mind. The deaths of Chloe and Vanessa prove otherwise.
                  ROFL.

You win 10 internets.

Comment

Who's we?

The ship found the planet with the needed filtration chemical after Rush told the ship they needed it. But that's it as far as the ship's helpfulness. The ship seems pretty good at meeting it's own needs but hasn't shown any sides that it's aware of the presence, much less needs, of anyone on board unless explicitly instructed
                    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfighter89 View Post
                      ROFL.

You win 10 internets.
                      *gasp* Wow, 10 internets! There's a first time for everything Thanks.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                      X