Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time - Solar Flare - Answer to all supply problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time - Solar Flare - Answer to all supply problems?

Was I the only one who thought this infinite loop scenario / Time travel due to the solar flares is the answer to all of their supply problems?

Step 1: Ok so you solve the bacteria in the water problem by capturing some shriekers. Put some in a little cage.

Step 2: You have destiny send through the gate half of all of its supplies to to the planet.

Step 3: Record Kino with explanations

Step 4: Wait for solar flare and gate to go buggy

Step 5: Send Shriekers, supplies and kino through buggy gate.

Wash rinse repeat - in bout 100 cycles you could have all the supplies destiny will ever need!

what if it sent the supplies 10,000 years in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by zorviny View Post
      Was I the only one who thought this infinite loop scenario / Time travel due to the solar flares is the answer to all of their supply problems?

Step 1: Ok so you solve the bacteria in the water problem by capturing some shriekers. Put some in a little cage.

Step 2: You have destiny send through the gate half of all of its supplies to to the planet.

Wash rinse repeat - in bout 100 cycles you could have all the supplies destiny will ever need!
      Well that is taking a bit of a chance. You had better be really specific about the timing, or you could shift completely out of the time sequence and be left with nothing
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        what if it sent the supplies 10,000 years in the past?
        Well they could do tests to figure out how far in the past they are sending the supplies. Just use the back to the future technique. Take a watch send it through with the Kino on the first test run with a recording of the time and day when it was sent through, and the difference between would give you the time elapsed.

Now I thought about this as well, and it couldn't be more then 60+ years. My reason is that the skull would have shown more signs of decay, and it as well as the kino would not have been so readily visible. They would have been covered by years of debris and other sediment.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        Well that is taking a bit of a chance. You had better be really specific about the timing, or you could shift completely out of the time sequence and be left with nothing
        As mentioned above you could do tests to indicate the exact timing etc. It may take 3-5 cycles of the solar flare "jumps" but in the end it would greatly increase their chances.

Comment

of course even assuming this works this still presupposes one Destiny crew willing to sacrifice themselves for another Destiny crew

Comment

Actually you'd end up with nothing, but an alternate timeline would have it pretty rosey.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              Actually you'd end up with nothing, but an alternate timeline would have it pretty rosey.
              Well it seems like the real time line is already screwed and the alternative to that is screwed also....
              lol... unless a timelord is going to step in I think they should be ok mucking up an infinite number to get some supplies

Comment

It also seems very implausible, because if you dont send your supplies back in time in teh first place, they wont be in the past for you to find, you'd always have to send 50% of your supplies in the past for you to find them in teh past, you can't just spontaneously get more supplies like this. The object isnt duplicated, it's moving.

Comment

Well they could do tests to figure out how far in the past they are sending the supplies. Just use the back to the future technique. Take a watch send it through with the Kino on the first test run with a recording of the time and day when it was sent through, and the difference between would give you the time elapsed.

Now I thought about this as well, and it couldn't be more then 60+ years. My reason is that the skull would have shown more signs of decay, and it as well as the kino would not have been so readily visible. They would have been covered by years of debris and other sediment.

As mentioned above you could do tests to indicate the exact timing etc. It may take 3-5 cycles of the solar flare "jumps" but in the end it would greatly increase their chances.
                  maybe, but what if the supplies are found by an evil alien species who decide to wait for the team and eat them.

Comment

Captain Jack to save the day!!!
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

This sounds like a version of that old song "I'm My Own Grandpa!"
                      sigpic

Comment

Something tells me the people who are left without half of their supplies would die a slow death, which might not be that appealing, even if you explain that their alternate selves would have enough food...

Comment

OMG DUDE I was going to write the same thing DUDE!!!!

Here is what i was going to write!

Exploit time travel!

Nothing bothers me so much in a sci fi show as time travel and beaming, and stargate has both haha!

This is what they should have done.

OK they should always send back a camera ball (KINO) with the information of when the solar flair starts.

OK

Also they should work on hacking the Destiny commands so that they can access the ship and each version should send back everything they did, so that sooner or later you have a finished product.

They should also send back stuff lots of destiny stuff inside human crates which in turn are placed inside destiny crates to be able to handle the jungle climate.

If each version sends back as much as possible then sooner or later you will have a butt load of stuff.

They should also shoot into the gate as many explosives as possible to clear the jungle and work on some form of vegetation chemical weapon to clear the jungle, so that they can send back even more stuff

They should construct some sort of sling shoot device so that they can send back more stuff so that it is out of range of the swoosh the gate makes when it connects.

So by doing all of this they could indeed find a way to fix everything because you can just keep on repeating and exploiting the loop as much as you want until you have all the answers you need.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be willing to sacrifice myself for an alternate me. So the real question here is: Does that make me selfish? Or philanthropic? Because on one hand, I could help myself by sending through supplies. On the other hand, I would be helping myself by keeping the supplies...

Truly a mystery.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                              Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be willing to sacrifice myself for an alternate me. So the real question here is: Does that make me selfish? Or philanthropic? Because on one hand, I could help myself by sending through supplies. On the other hand, I would be helping myself by keeping the supplies...

Truly a mystery.

But this is Stargate.

If you watch the movie Continuum you will see that when something is changed the old version simply vanishes, so just do it and help yourself in that way haha!

Comment

Working...
                              X