PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant Greer's excellent taste in music

Jeff O'Connor
November 16th, 2009, 01:20 PM
He was listening to Saul Williams and referenced Guns n' Roses. That should be enough to cement him as my second-favorite character.

Badass all the way.

Avenger
November 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the Jungle :D

Nightfighter89
November 16th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Welcome to the Jungle :D

Do you have fun and games? If not, I'm leaving.

Superted
November 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Since someone weill eventually ask this is the exact song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxgWbmcg7Aw&feature=PlayList&p=3FE111481DD2B1C8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18

Radahldo
November 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM
That is a remix, and oh my god that sounds odd... Scott would've shot the radio if that was playing.
Here is the original version, Greer was playing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXzK0AFpmcI)

Nightfighter89
November 16th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Since someone weill eventually ask this is the exact song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxgWbmcg7Aw&feature=PlayList&p=3FE111481DD2B1C8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18

Like that's going to stop them from asking.

Count
November 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
there was music? all i heard was the distorted screeching of a cat having it's intestines removed through it's mouth.

Eternal Density
November 16th, 2009, 06:20 PM
there was music? all i heard was the distorted screeching of a cat having it's intestines removed through it's mouth.Thanks for the mental image.
I didn't hear anything recognisable as actual music either :P

Jeff O'Connor
November 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
there was music? all i heard was the distorted screeching of a cat having it's intestines removed through it's mouth.

A pity; you Aussies have a big industrial audience. I guess you're not part of it.

Replicator Todd
November 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Greer doesn't listen to music, music listens to Greer. :P

Captain Obvious
November 17th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Greer doesn't listen to music, music listens to Greer. :P

Why is it that I have the Urge to make a " Master Sergeant Greer Facts" thread...

"Greer is so tough, when he does pushups, he is not pushing himself up, he is pushing the Destiny down"

" Master Sergeant Greer does not, in fact, sleep....he WAITS..."

Master Sergeant Greer does not " Go hunting", he "Goes KILLING"

"Greer is so tough he gave Wilford Brimley the Diabetes"

Etc.

beafly
November 17th, 2009, 08:01 AM
As long as you don't just re-use all the chuck-isms that might be a very entertaining thread.

Lightning Ducj
November 17th, 2009, 08:08 AM
As long as you don't just re-use all the chuck-isms that might be a very entertaining thread.

Well you couldn't use any of the beard-related lines for sure

reddevil18
November 17th, 2009, 08:57 AM
And let's not forget Bon Jovi, what with his Blaze of Glory speech...

Jeff O'Connor
November 17th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Ah, yes! Very true!

leanbarton
November 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I think it's just another example of the writers really delving deep into the characters. The music Greer listens to helps define his character and even opens up more questions about his past and life.

I look forward to learning more about Greer.

AVFan
November 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM

I saw some faint musical resemblance... But not much. ^That's about all I heard too. It wasn't even that loud, and as soon as I heard it, I'm just like "shut it off. shut it off!". Yeah, I'm not sure why I talk in lower case, yet type in upper case, either.

Although, I will give that it was 10x better than the music at the club during Earth.

Captain Obvious
November 17th, 2009, 03:19 PM

All this is pointing me towards Greer being one of those square jawed " Jesus fire" marines. Absolutely fearless and scary as hell. I love those guys!

Jeff O'Connor
November 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Although, I will give that it was 10x better than the music at the club during Earth.

We're at least stepping in the right direction, then. :P

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Although, I will give that it was 10x better than the music at the club during Earth.My opinion is inverted and of greater magnitude.

Superted
November 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Im holding out for when they actually play a guns and roses song which would be kick ass!

AVFan
November 17th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah, if they do start playing more and more contemporary songs, I hope they start making them a bit more mainstream. Not like Miley Cyrus/Brittany Spears mainstream (HECK NO!), but something awesome.. I wonder if they could fit Coldplay in somehow...

reddevil18
November 17th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, if they do start playing more and more contemporary songs, I hope they start making them a bit more mainstream. Not like Miley Cyrus/Brittany Spears mainstream (HECK NO!), but something awesome.. I wonder if they could fit Coldplay in somehow...Oh, for the love of God, please no...:mckay:

Besides, it's a rule - either use indie music or classic rock, otherwise the TV Gods shall strike you down.

Captain Obvious
November 17th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Oh, for the love of God, please no...:mckay:

Besides, it's a rule - either use indie music or classic rock, otherwise the TV Gods shall strike you down.

that song at the end of air was more jazz/blues/R&B and sounded pretty good...

jcainhaze
November 17th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Im holding out for when they actually play a guns and roses song which would be kick ass!

Holy crap. Guns and Roses. SGU is sketchy enough. I wouldn't feel right about it being associated with Axle Rose. JK. They did have some pretty kewl songs back in thu day.

Welcome to the Jungle might have appropriate for the Time episode.

reddevil18
November 17th, 2009, 11:40 PM
that song at the end of air was more jazz/blues/R&B and sounded pretty good...
Alexi Murdoch counts as indie.

Jeff O'Connor
November 18th, 2009, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't mind Coldplay in SGU, actually. I rather like them, no matter what my enjoyment of the 'screeching cats' Greer was listening to might lead you to assume. I can think of a few songs by them that might have been appropriate at the end of 'Air'.

Ultimately, I'd have been happier if contemporary music stayed the heck out of the franchise. But now that that door has been opened, I might as well hope for the best. Janelle Monae (I'm sure to be spelling that wrong; don't really care) didn't do it for me. That music was driving me insane. Not my cup of tea.

Pharaoh Atem
November 18th, 2009, 12:50 AM
i hate rock music so greer loses points

tNsRAoL
November 18th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Greer loses points for the music in my book as well.

reddevil18
November 18th, 2009, 02:39 AM
i hate rock music so greer loses points
It's alternative hip-hop, not rock...

Nightfighter89
November 19th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, if they do start playing more and more contemporary songs, I hope they start making them a bit more mainstream. Not like Miley Cyrus/Brittany Spears mainstream (HECK NO!), but something awesome.. I wonder if they could fit Coldplay in somehow...

That's one thing that may actually make me stop watching the show.

Eternal Density
November 19th, 2009, 04:26 PM
That's one thing that may actually make me stop watching the show.Stop watching the show? A ridiculous notion.

If that happened I'd lose my will to live.
When I had the misfortune of noticing a Hannah Montana movie poster a few months back, I had a sudden urge to kick puppies.

The Mighty 6 platoon
November 19th, 2009, 04:28 PM
SGU needs some Rolling Stones.

AVFan
November 19th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Dang, we got some definite Coldplay haters in here... Glad I'm not alone Jeff. :cool:

Like I said, I wasn't sure how they'd put that in, but it would be cool if they could do it without it sounding completely out of place. I can't think of any of the crew that might like Coldplay though. Possibly Eli?

Captain Obvious
November 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
SGU needs some Rolling Stones.

I hope we have Rush say the line " What's puzzling you is the...nature...of my game..."