PDA

View Full Version : TJ + Eli = good scenes?

k1037
November 16th, 2009, 04:36 AM
It seemed like every scene these two shared this episode worked really well.

I'm not necessarily suggesting a romantic linking - though that would certainly be interesting / unexpected, but characters displaying chemistry based on something besides both being pretty is refreshing.

TJ seems to be the only woman Eli can actually speak to, which is odd given how ridiculously beautiful Alaina Huffman is (and I'm not usually a fan of short or fake blond hair, or women that tall). He actually managed to pick up on her emotions, offer some comfort, share his biggest secret, and navigate his way through a normal conversation without his usual clumsiness. And she opened up to him, the first time this series she's discussed anything personal that I can recall, and was deeply moved by both of his displays of emotion (in regards to his mother and Chloe). Toss in some mutual respect (the joke scene aside), and various similarities - strong links to family back home, neither really expected to be there, they're both looked to for answers/solutions while they're just struggling to figure out what they're doing, etc. - and you have two characters who deserve more screen time together.

They should at least develop a strong friendship between these two. And if they're daring, then yes, hook 'em on up. I REALLY don't want to see TJ with the Colonel (I actually like his character, but that pairing just doesn't 'feel' right), and having Eli ever actually hook up with Chloe would be.. meh.

Skydiver
November 16th, 2009, 04:40 AM
i wonder if eli is more at ease with TJ cause he knows she's off limits, so to speak, so she's just a person, not someone to feel shy about

with chloe, he's intimidated by her cause he likes her. Wray is forceful enough that she likely intimidates him, James has a gun :), and he's made her angry by spying on her, but there's no baggage with TJ.

TJ's personality also seems more open, probably because of her being a medic and by assuming a 'caretaker' role

Nightfighter89
November 16th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I could see Eli plus TJ if they keep building on it. Clearly he cares about Chloe a great deal too, given the scene where she dies in AU2. It seems he doesn't necesarily look at TJ that way, but unsuspected pairing can often occur when you find out you and another person have more in common with than you previously expected.

Encoder
November 16th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I definitely see TJ taking on the mother role unless they start to show a more sexy side to her.

:sheppard:

Lightning Ducj
November 16th, 2009, 08:33 AM
but unsuspected pairing can often occur when you find out you and another person have more in common with than you previously expected.

Rush - Young ?

Replicator Todd
November 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
TJ is awesome. Eli is awesome. Both together in the same area creates an explosion of awesomeness.

Nightfighter89
November 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Rush - Young ?

:weiranime33:

I'm not gonna hold my breath for that one.

Plus it would make Young a :sholva:

Nightfighter89
November 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I definitely see TJ taking on the mother role unless they start to show a more sexy side to her.

I don't know, I think she's pretty sexy. It's not overt, but I hold competence, balls, and humility (where appropriate) in very high regard. If these are traits one values, then there's certainly plenty to love about TJ.

ARealArchaeologist
November 16th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I could see them being really close friends, who are there for sholders to cry on, laughs, and just the ability to be who you really are. I think they are a great pairing, and she can reassure Eli in regards to his mother, which I found to be an incredibly touching scene.

SoulReaver
November 16th, 2009, 05:22 PM
the only plausible "pairing" involving Eli as of now would be Eli - Eli :/

Girlbot
November 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
the only plausible "pairing" involving Eli right now would be Eli - Eli :/
I object.
I think Eli is cool. and chloe doesn't deserve him., and TJ? forget it

SoulReaver
November 16th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I object.
I think Eli is cool. overruled :jonas13:

btw I didn't say otherwise. sure he's nice but I just can't imagine him paired up with any of the girls

(then again this is sci-fi with heavy emphasis on the "fi" part, so who knows -)

Girlbot
November 16th, 2009, 05:28 PM
overruled :jonas13:

btw I didn't say otherwise. sure he's nice but I just can't imagine him paired up with any of the girls

(then again this is sci-fi with heavy emphasis on the "fi" part, so who knows -)
Actually I don't like ship in my Sci Fi. why does it alwayshave to come down to that. Why not just spaceships and aliens and ..............

SoulReaver
November 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Actually I don't like ship in my Sci Fi. why does it alwayshave to come down to that. Why not just spaceships and aliens and ..............I'm not too fond of it either actually

and dang j00 I was gonna make that pun (ship/spaceship). spoilsport http://img.infos-du-net.com/forum/icones/smilies/mmmfff.gif

Azzers
November 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I'm not too fond of it either actually

Yea, but with this show it's going to be hard to get away from it.

Eternal Density
November 16th, 2009, 05:56 PM
TJ has a 'family' vibe going on with several characters, including Eli, Matt, and Greer. And Eli being Eli makes for some good scenes with the two of them.

Pity we haven't had a lot of interaction between Chloe and TJ yet.

ARealArchaeologist
November 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM
TJ has a 'family' vibe going on with several characters, including Eli, Matt, and Greer. And Eli being Eli makes for some good scenes with the two of them.

yeah, I would have figured chloe would attach herself to someone she could help, to feel part of the team, and not sitting on her laurels. Hopefully that happens soon. Maybe TJ can work on her for Eli's benefit ;)

Encoder
November 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I don't know, I think she's pretty sexy. It's not overt, but I hold competence, balls, and humility (where appropriate) in very high regard. If these are traits one values, then there's certainly plenty to love about TJ.

Totally agree with you, she's TOTALLY sexy as, in more ways than one!

She does endear that quality in the show. Could be typecasting of the "healer/doctor" type roles tho!

escyos
November 16th, 2009, 08:14 PM

what about Eli - Kino?

k1037
November 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Keep in mind that David Blue (Eli) is actually *older* than Alaina Huffman (TJ) in real life. I know he has that baby face look, but I don't know how well a younger woman would fit in a motherly role.

MattSilver 3k
November 16th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Keep in mind that David Blue (Eli) is actually *older* than Alaina Huffman (TJ) in real life. I know he has that baby face look, but I don't know how well a younger woman would fit in a motherly role.

I think we're talking about character age/character personality, not actor age/personality. So, yeah, she may be fulfilling a motherly role on the show.

Captain Obvious
November 16th, 2009, 11:10 PM

Do you think he could work up the courage to ask himself out?

Maybe he would have to get himself drunk and take advantage of himself.

How would he be able to look at himself in the mirror the next day?

jds1982
November 17th, 2009, 05:10 AM

I'm sure any woman married to an older man could explain it to you.

SoulReaver
November 17th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Do you think he could work up the courage to ask himself out?

Maybe he would have to get himself drunk and take advantage of himself.

How would he be able to look at himself in the mirror the next day?he could, problem is even he might refuse himself :(

he could remain his best friend though

Whitering
November 17th, 2009, 04:53 PM
TJ and the IOC lady are imo the two prettiest women on the show. I do not find Chloe attractive at all, but that may be because I am in my 30s. I think TJ is remarkably attractive though.

Eli hasn't spent that much time with her, so please, stop shipping heh

Kaeb
November 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Personally I think TJ will likely take on a caring, motherlike role with Eli, lending him advice when needed and perhaps someone for him to confide in during the darktimes onboard the ship. As right now with Chloe, I haven't witnessed her having much of a positive affect on him, besides his boyish feelings for her.

Personally I loved these scenes, they were one of many reasons why this has been my favourite episodes so far.

reddevil18
November 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Yes.