• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August (208)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    AUGUST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208

A second Observer surfaces, breaking their pattern of non-involvement by abducting a young woman in broad daylight — for reasons that surprise even his own people.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 20 September 2013, 08:28 PM.

Great episode. I love to see how the differents players in the inter-dimensional conflict are lining up.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I loved seeing the Observers so much in this one. I really hope we learn more about them soon.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The observers put me in mind of Discworld's auditors, only, the observers are more endearing.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
          The observers put me in mind of Discworld's auditors, only, the observers are more endearing.
          I am not familiar with the auditors. But, the Observers are so interesting.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I loved seeing the Observers so much in this one. I really hope we learn more about them soon.
            I wonder if the Observers are only protecting our timeline or if its the same Observers which are protecting the parallel universe timeline.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

With this episode, I really feel that the show is now coming to its own.
              I think it is fascinating that Peter Woodward, best known for his work as the technomage, Galen, on B5 and Crusade was picked as a kind of rogue Observer. I recognized him but couldn't place him and then when I saw his name, I shrieked with a certain girly satisfaction. I enjoyed the revelation that there are probably a fair number of them wondering around our universe objectively taking notes and dosing their sandwiches with copious amounts of peppers and chillies. Wonder what it is about their taste buds that require the absurdly large quantities.
              Like the technomages, who also weren't allowed to interfere (if memory serves) with the course of history/human affairs, there's a certain aura of to these hairless time travellers. Evidently too they are their own masters of technology. That cool pistol thingy that Peter had in his hand -- can I have one too? Might be handy to keep the kiddies in their place.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

That gun of his was pretty cool. It packed quite a punch.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Holy product placement! I really need to get me a Ford! Seriously though, it was a pretty good episode.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Yes, this show definitely needs to stick around beyond this season. It's just so much more interesting than over half the junk they put on TV these days.

Olivia's niece is just the cutest! Her complete serenity and understanding when she realised her aunt wasn't taking her to the amusement park... priceless.

And very good to see Walter off on his own adventure, without the constant supervision of Peter.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                      Yes, this show definitely needs to stick around beyond this season. It's just so much more interesting than over half the junk they put on TV these days.

Olivia's niece is just the cutest! Her complete serenity and understanding when she realised her aunt wasn't taking her to the amusement park... priceless.

And very good to see Walter off on his own adventure, without the constant supervision of Peter.
                      More interesting, smart, and extremely compelling too.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I guess I'm the only one who felt a bit let-down by this episode. When I saw the Observer in the beginning, I was looking forward to finding out more about them. But I was disappointed. The only new bits of information was that there are several, and that they've been around for a very long time. But we knew already that they only observe but don't interfere - except when they do, as in saving Walter and Peter. Which was the result of a deal Peter struck with them. I assume that fit in the frame of things, and their Observer wasn't motivated by what we call 'feelings'. Otherwise he would have been forced to rectify his mistake. In the end, we were left with even more questions, on top of the obvious who they are, where they come from and what purpose they have. Why does being the cause of an Observer's death make you 'matter'? Why can they dodge some bullets but not all? Why are there Observers of different ages, given that they live outside of time? And what's with their obsession for spicy food - is that a requirement or just a matter of taste?

sigpic
                        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Working...
                        X