Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rush & young have one thing in common...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rush & young have one thing in common...?

What was that quote from, and what does young think that tells him about rush... anyone have any clue?

edit:
    found transcript...

YOUNG: "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." It's Butch's last line before he and Sundance run out to face the Bolivians. (He looks across at Rush.) One of my favourites, too.
    now...anyone familiar with this work?
    Last edited by Blistna; 15 November 2009, 11:16 AM.

Uh....it's a classic of cinema. They both like it.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Uh....it's a classic of cinema. They both like it.
      Who would have thought that they would have anything in common. But unfrtunately, Young doesn't trust Rush more because they share a similiarity of any kind.
      sigpic

Comment

A classic movie...Paul Newman and Robert Redford. It's one of my husband's favorites. I've, unfortunately, never seen it all the way through. I always catch bits and pieces of it.

I don't think it says much about anyone in the context of the scene other then Rush and Young have something in common. Young might think Rush isn't quite as out there as he originally thought because he has some taste in movies, lol, but other then that it changes nothing.

Comment

They have a thing in common, but considering the events in the episode they won't be aware of it next week.

But I do hope they find out about it somehow in one of the episodes to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
            They have a thing in common, but considering the events in the episode they won't be aware of it next week.

But I do hope they find out about it somehow in one of the episodes to come.
            Keep in mind that, if I figure correctly, they (the characters who are left in the prologue-not-seen and based on Kino #18), had the two other Kinos and used what was on them, so while Young and Rush don't remember the conversation, they do have the Kino playback of Rush saying the line and jumping through, plus Rush's discussion about Acsension, etc..

Unless I missed it and they only have the 2nd Kino and not the first
            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

When i heard it was a western movie, i went to my dad, he loves it. He told me that it does say something about Rush...that Rush is willing to die for something he believes in. Because right after that quote, the two bank robbers when into a big army basically to die.

Young probably realized then that Rush is willing for what he believes is the greater good. Makes you wonder...what is that greater good for him? Has something to do with ascenenion...maybe? Who knows.

But for all the ppl who believe SGU is just for young kids...this was a shout out for everyone who is older then me!

Comment

In "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." both Butch and Sundance love the same woman.
                I think Destiny is going to be the common love of Young and Rush .

And when Eli was making the list of his favorite movies, i was surprise Rush didn't make his list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                  In* "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." both Butch and Sundance love the same woman.I think Destiny is going to be the common love of Young and Rush .And when Eli was making the list of his favorite movies, i was surprise Rush didn't make his list as well.
                  Sounds more like Eli and Scott then Young and Rush
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I have something in my head I'm fairly confident will happen. At the conclusion of the season finale's events, and after Rush and Young have had to put aside their differences somewhat in the actual timeline but they're still at it a fair bit, Rush will quote that line again and Young will do a little blink.

"For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble."
                    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I haven't seen the movie, but I know the Sundance Film Festival was named after the Sundance Kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I haven't seen the movie, but I know the Sundance Film Festival was named after the Sundance Kid.
                        I thought it was named after the town where it was held, which was named for the Sundance Kid.

Or else Robert Redford started it and named it for SK.

I've never seen the movie either, but I can sing along with the theme song, which I think won the Oscar.
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe it was just me, but I found that scene a little odd. Rush says that quote in the Kino, and then there is the uncomfortable silence, and Young saves his new found rep by saying that it was a quote from a movie (which yes it is...). Rush pauses a moment and then agrees. So not so much a moment where they realize they have things in common.

Comment

Working...
                          X