Solution of Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution of Time

Carl Binder just posted a link (over twitter) to a video in which Eli and Scott explain what happened after the end of Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vte7LMnYV10

Liked the little explaination of Riley about time travel
    sigpic
    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Yes that's Kino-sode 18, and we carry on discussion of these in this thread

It was with the other Kino-sodes here, but I gather it was taken down because it was posted early and spoiled the end of "Time".
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked Scott in this Kino. If we got more of this & less useless drama we would have a better show & more of the characters working together like this

Comment

Riley = true geek of SGU
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
          Carl Binder just posted a link (over twitter) to a video in which Eli and Scott explain what happened after the end of Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vte7LMnYV10

Liked the little explaination of Riley about time travel
          OMG...that´s my upload...I´m so happy. It´s unbelieveable how small is the world.

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

Weird thing is if the second kino from the future had been sent back then surely the 3rd group of destiny crew would have only found one kino because the other timeline would effectivily been erased - i mean they wouldnt have sent their kino back because those events never unfolded that way

Comment

The 2nd timeline would've been erased as well though, once that 2nd Kino passed through the gate. That's the conceit here - no timelines are erased per se (and thus nothing from the timelines are erased, like dead Rush and the 2 Kinos); they're just new ones every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                The 2nd timeline would've been erased as well though, once that 2nd Kino passed through the gate. That's the conceit here - no timelines are erased per se (and thus nothing from the timelines are erased, like dead Rush and the 2 Kinos); they're just new ones every single time.
                My point is we should have just found one kino, i mean the first kino (and rush) was sent back at a certain point in time (lets call it point A) which caused the 2nd version of the destiny crew to find it which caused them to find out theres something wrong and how the planet is dangerous so they didnt send people. Now the second versions of the destiny crew go back to the planet to find that creature and most die which causes Scott to send another kino back at the time point A - so how can the first Scott (from the first reality where he was bitten and the sole surviver) send a kino back or how can rush (who wasnt even on the second mission) go back to be found by the third crew.

A bit confusing but i hope i worded it well

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis24 View Post
                  My point is we should have just found one kino, i mean the first kino (and rush) was sent back at a certain point in time (lets call it point A) which caused the 2nd version of the destiny crew to find it which caused them to find out theres something wrong and how the planet is dangerous so they didnt send people. Now the second versions of the destiny crew go back to the planet to find that creature and most die which causes Scott to send another kino back at the time point A - so how can the first Scott (from the first reality where he was bitten and the sole surviver) send a kino back or how can rush (who wasnt even on the second mission) go back to be found by the third crew.

A bit confusing but i hope i worded it well
                  Its because Stargate uses multiple timeline theory.

The original timeline (the we saw on the kino, the one were everyone on the planet died) is one timeline, when the 1st kino went back in time, the original timeline became divergent timeline A. and when the second Kino was sent back in time at the end of the episode divergent timeline A became divergent Timeline B. The important thing to remember is even though the timeline diverts, it doesn't erase. Basically all three happen, the original timeline, timeline A and timeline B, they are just now alternate timelines. Each existing seperately but linked by the kino...and wow that was a really long winded explination.

Comment

I think the idea is that they were sent back in time and they exist from that point on even if they don't get sent back in time 'again'.

From memory this is consistent with SG1's view on time travel, at the end of Mobius Pt II (The ep where SG1 go back in time in the jumper to get the ZPM from Ra) you see them with the ZPM and looking at a video of themselves saying they completed the mission, and Carter even says that since they have the ZPM they don't need to do anything or go back in time again.

So they still have the video/ZPM even though they didn't go back in time the second time around.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                      Riley = true geek of SGU
                      Riley = sgu's hoshi
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Again, you can ask the same question of the 3rd timeline. Presumably, they found at least Scott's kino telling them what to do, and thus this timeline's Scott would never have to throw another kino back to explain it all again, and thus Scott's kino would've never existed and they would've never found the solution and...

You see how this goes. The same thing happens in the 2nd timeline. In it, Rush never jumped through the gate, and the original Kino wasn't thrown through the gate either, so they shouldn't have existed, and the 2nd time it looped through would've been the same as the first as there'd be no human remains nor kino to discover.

Basically, it's NOT a predestination paradox. Dead Rush and the 1st Kino now exists at point A for all other timelines, even if the cause of them being there is gone because...that's just how it is now.

Comment

As long as they have Rush's bones decorating the gateroom on the Destiny from now on, I'll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Again, you can ask the same question of the 3rd timeline. Presumably, they found at least Scott's kino telling them what to do, and thus this timeline's Scott would never have to throw another kino back to explain it all again, and thus Scott's kino would've never existed and they would've never found the solution and...

You see how this goes. The same thing happens in the 2nd timeline. In it, Rush never jumped through the gate, and the original Kino wasn't thrown through the gate either, so they shouldn't have existed, and the 2nd time it looped through would've been the same as the first as there'd be no human remains nor kino to discover.

Basically, it's NOT a predestination paradox. Dead Rush and the 1st Kino now exists at point A for all other timelines, even if the cause of them being there is gone because...that's just how it is now.

Like I said eariler, its NOT a single timeline, but alternate timelines. Scott doesn't have to throw it back cause it wasn't THIS scott but one from an alternate reality that threw the first kino....and the second. Its not a predestination paradox....but its not the "same" person or timeline

Comment

For all we know, the first kino could have gone back 10 years and the second one 5 years. So sending back the second one isn't going to 'erase' the first one.
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                              X