PDA

View Full Version : Abandon All Hope (510)

Madwelshboy
November 15th, 2009, 01:40 AM
SAM AND DEAN FACE OFF AGAINST LUCIFER — Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) track down the Colt and head off to find Lucifer (guest star Mark Pelligreno) to send him back to Hell. It's a hunters' reunion when the crew joins forces with Bobby (Jim Beaver), Ellen (guest star Samantha Ferris) and Jo (guest star Alona Tal) for what could be their last night on Earth.

Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Ben Edlund (#510).

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/dc47822beef2b9594ed01e26c79511a4.jpghttp://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/6c20f08ca7d2b569e75d6001b60130d0.jpg

POST VIEWING DISCUSSION ONLY

starg8fans
November 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM
What? No comments on the ep yet? Still waiting for it to become available for DL. Why is it that those eps you wait the most for always get put up late? Or - OMG - did something go wrong and it didn't air? *panics* Or was GW down all night (European time)? It was when I first logged in this morning. Or the evil cliffie gave everyone who watched a heart attack...

queen_hathor
November 20th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Arrrrrrrrgh, I've seen the ep!! :D

OMG, what can I say?? Such and exciting and emotional episode!! And what a way to leave us hanging all those weeks with no new ep!! :eek:

I'm not sure what he protocol is about spoilers - this is a discussion for people who've seen the ep I assume, but I'll put under spoilers my initial comments.

I'd been told that someone was going to die, and all I could think was 'please don't let it be Bobby or Ellen'!!! So of course, I was relieved when is was clear that Jo wasn't going to make it! Jo never made much of an impression on me tbh, but it really upset me to see Ellen & Dean so upset... and then Ellen goes and sacrifices herself!! http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t45/potterbuff/Smilies/crybaby2.gif I'll admit, I haven't been so upset over an ep since Heaven & Hell - Dean crying gets me every time, but Ellen... such a loss. I'm gutted, as I thought she could really help in the fight, and now the boys have lost what was almost a surrogate Mum!! *sobs*

As for the rest of the ep...

I thought Crowley was great!
I was a little shocked when Dean actually shot Lucifer (but knew it was too early in the season to be over lol)
I thought Cas was brilliant, and the way he just stepped over Meg was soooo funny - yeah, I know I have a sick sense of humour!! :p
Mark is doing a fantastic job of playing Lucifer - he gets the balance between creepy and funny just right IMO

I'm staying out of the spoiler threads, but I do need to ask this... does anyone know who's playing Death?

Arative
November 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I thought this was an awesome episode. I'm sad that Jo and Ellen didn't make it but it was a hell of a way to go out. I'm glad though that the colt was taken out of the picture so early and they won't spend the rest of the rest of the season looking for it.

When the demons started dying I thought it was Dean or Sam trying to disrupt the ritual. It will make an interesting twist if the Demons turn on Lucifer. Having Death running about is going to be sweet too.

I hate to say it but I do hope this is the last season because I don't really see where the boys go from here.

iheartshep
November 20th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Oh man.......we have to wait until January 21 for more SPN? GUH.......

Castiel doing those shots.......ROFL. And when he was on the phone with Dean and said it was...."going.........down"......Misha has great timing!

But the rest of the show......Jeez! I also thought that when Dean shot Lucifer it was a bit too soon. For a moment I thought he'd take over Sam as his vessel right then and there in the cemetery. Or is Lucifer waiting for Sam to WANT to be taken over? Cos that ain't gonna happen (or is it?) mwahahaha

*grumble mumble* January 21! Yikes!

IHS

Crichiel
November 20th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Not sure what to say. After all the hype, I found this episode to be kind of 'eh'......KIDDING!!!! :p Holy CRAP! Sorry, I don't have access to a thesaurus right now, so I am going to run out of superlatives quickly. Be prepared for a lot of, "I liked that..." "I love how..." "Great..." and "Fantastic"s. ;)

Let me get the one negative out of the way. I thought the end was too abrupt. Just kind of cut off. Ok, on to the AWESOME:

-How Cas 'followed' Crowley. Cool.

-Re-using the Enochian (sp? anyone) wards from Death takes a Holiday

-Working together with Jo and Cas right away, and then with Ellen and Bobby as well. We haven't really seen them use a big team effort like that before and it highlighted each hunter's strengths.

-At Crowley's, when Sam used the knife. Why do I always forget they still have the knife? I constantly lose track of that thing. We never saw Sam give it to Dean in Good God, Ya'll, and as far as I recall we didn't see Dean use it in the next two, so I did a double-take when Dean handed it to him in The End. It makes sense that Dean would have it to hunt, but in my mind the knife is more Sam's weapon and the Colt is Dean's. I know, Sam has fired it, too, but the dramatic kills with the Colt have been Dean's.

-Crowley. Wonderful. What a great demon addition. I have seen that actor in a few shows and always like him. Here he was perfectly cast. I liked Crowley because he had that sense of power, but was still nice and flip. He and Dean had one of the few funny exchanges in this ep (which was good, you don't want too much funny in an ep like this): "I forgot. You two at best are functional morons." And Dean's reaction? "You're the functioning...morons....moron..." To which Crowley gives a "case in point" look and Dean just drops it. :p

-I also thought Crowley's reasoning behind helping them was sound. Very believable and bore fruit later, of course, when we see that he is right about Lucifer's feelings towards demons.

-And three more funnies from him: 1)Thursday...birdies tell me he has an appt. in Carthage, MO." Oooook, thanks for sharing? 2) How he doesn't even BLINK when Sam tries to shoot him, but instead, "Oh yeah, right. You'll probably need some more ammunition. 3) When Dean says 'what if we fail' I like Crowley's point number 3, "HOW ABOUT YOU DON'T MISS, OK? MORONS!"

-Cas and Ellen in a drinking competetion. Hee hee.

-Dean, "Sam Winchester having trust issues with a demon. Well, better late then never." Um? Ouch?! Although I thought Sam's "And thank you for your continued support" was great. He didn't get all huffy, but still pointed out what Dean was doing. And Dean let it drop, too. I like this relationship they have at the moment.

-Saying that Sam shouldn't come with them to Carthage. That makes total sense. But so does Sam's remark that they've learned their lesson about splitting up. No good option, but I like that the stupidity of bringing the vessel that close to Lucifer was brought up! And it's more evidence of a good power balance between the brothers.

-When I saw Dean kissing Jo in the trailer, I was worried. As I said before, I never hated Jo like some people, but I DIDN'T think she was a good fit for Dean. So I loved how she rebuffed his advances. It elevated my opinion of her, especially when she made the line about self-respect because when the writers had her pining after Dean, it weakened her. Plus Dean got to say, "If you're into that kind of thing." :D

-The picture seemed awkward to me. Bobby isn't really a sentimental kind of guy and the mood seemed 'off'. at least until Castiel made his remark about it being their last night on earth, THEN we had the slap of reality we are used to in Supernatural! But I get that they did it for the payoff of the final shot of the episode.

-"Ever heard of a door handle?" "Of course I have." :) Love ya, Cas.

-The sight of all those Reapers. That was creepy!

-Lucifer comparing Castiel to himself. Sam's like Lucifer, Cas is like Lucifer, Lucifer understands everyone, doesn't he? ;)

-Meg. I know a lot of people weren't happy with the cast change for Meg, but I LOVE Rachel Miner's version of Meg. Absolutely love it. For one thing (and I am going to be absolutely vilified for this), I was never as impressed with Nikki Aycox as everyone else in Supernatural fandom was *ducks all thrown objects*. I thought she was annoying in Scarecrow, overacted a lot in Shadow, was good in Devil's Trap, and got better in AYTGIMDW. I love the character of Meg, though, and I thought Rachel had some fantastic line delivery (and her stance in the street was just the right amount of arrogance. 1) "There you are." 2)"Yeah, Dean. Your FAVOURITE!."

-Hellhounds. Wow. What a great thing to add in to the mix! Haven't seen them in a while. I love that you can (understandably) see a special kind of fear in Dean's eyes. Nice that Dean looks to Ellen before he acts (so not making decisions FOR everyone). The cool (and true!) comeback of his, "When have you known us to ever make anything easy?". Scary when the hellhound takes Dean down. Nice how Jo is so fast to save him. Cool effect, shooting the hellhounds. Jo. Ow. Ellen's cry to her and Dean's hero rescue carrying her. What an incredible scene!

-Dean, Dean, Dean. His best part is on the CB with Bobby. Moments earlier, he is all cool and decisive with Sam, but the second he gets ahold of Bobby, he is the topic of that panel discussion in last week's episode; a scared little boy. I have always adored this mix that Jensen pulls off so smoothly. When he is in charge, in the thick of things, he is tough as nails. But put him with Bobby, Ellen, John, or Mary (Djinn's version) and he comes off as so lost and over his head. :( His voice breaking, his white knuckles on the CB, his posture, everything just radiates 'little boy'. This scene reminds me a lot of his scene in Home when he calls John.

-And Bobby. Bobby is such a great 'dad' to these boys! "It's ok, boy. That's why I'm here." and "I said, 'What do we do next, Dean?'" A firm but loving voice pulling him back to the present.

-Now for the first time, I really LIKE Jo. Not just her sacrifice (you expect hunters to do so), but her standing up to Ellen, "Mom, this might literally be your last chance to treat me like an adult. You might want to take it." And also for two other reasons: 1) I knew now she couldn't possibly become a love interest for Dean :o and 2) Because out of everyone in their little hunting group, I would miss Jo the least. So I was glad they were killing her off and thought, "Thank GOODNESS they aren't killing Ellen!"....

-You can imagine the "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" that came out of me when I realised Ellen was going down, too. :(:(:( Samantha Ferris. OMG, was I crying so hard with her!! IEven jumping all over different parts of the episode this morning (to take notes) I STILL started crying! Especially heartbreaking? "You got me, Jo." "I said 'go'. And Dean? Kick it in the ass. Don't miss." "Jo? It's ok. It's ok. That's my good girl." *sob* I am not going to get over this loss any time soon.

-In the trailer, they cut it so that when Sam asks Dean for last words, he responds, "Here goes nothing." I'm glad that wasn't really what he said because I thought that was a little too cliche. I liked his, "I think I'm good." better.

-Lucifer tells Sam he wouldn't hurt him. And AWESOME...we see just the tip of the Colt come into frame pointed right at his head. Bang! :cool:

-Let's pause to discuss Mark Pelligrino. What a gem! Other times we've seen Lucifer (and also when he plays Jacob in Lost), he has just played a quiet, reasonable, sensitive soul. Here he fully displays his penchant for comedic timing. "Owwww." and then "Where did you get that?" are two good ones, along with his "But if you give me a minute. I'm almost done." and the "What?" when the demons are killed.

-5 things in creation the Colt can't kill. THAT ought to set the board alight with speculation! ;) While I do like that the answer wasn't as simple as using the Colt, it still was sad for me to see it powerless for a change. It's kind of like watching the Impala lose in a drag race (or against a demon-driven semi!). By all rights, you KNOW she would probably lose because she is one massive car and not at all aerodynamic, but on the other hand, you start to think of her as invincible. Same with the Colt. She was weakened and for the first time (ok, 2nd if you count Sam trying to kill YED in Salvation), she failed the boys. :(

-While I don't like to see Dean taken out of the picture, I thought it was well done here because up to now (being that Dean was more attached to Jo's storyline and is more the action guy), the episode was a little emotionally one-sided in Dean's favour. I think the writers were right here to now give Sam HIS big scenes by himself. Balanced out the episode to make it about both of them. Plus, we got to see Sam show actually brotherly affection for Dean by checking on him, not once, but twice. Small moment, but we haven't had any of those this season!

-Ok, everyone's plans for the vessels. I find it interesting the way the boys are being approached. Everyone is trying to reason with Sam, like Ruby did with him last year to get what she wanted. They seem to think that will be an effective way to convince him, and knowing Sam, they could be right. But I don't get what the angels are trying to do with Dean. They all keep trying to bully HIM into agreeing to Michael. Have they MET Dean?! Talk about the perfect way to drive him away! Which leads me to an interesting thought: EVERYONE is so sure/worried about Sam giving in. Lucifer, Dean, the future storyline. No one seems to be as worried about Dean. Wouldn't that be a neat twist if after everyone trying so hard to keep Sam from saying 'yes' it was DEAN that gave in at the end? Although, in my (again, admittedly unimaginative) mind, I don't see how to do the story without BOTH boys either giving in or not giving in.

-Castiel. FINALLY! Seems like he is always getting grabbed, beaten, etc. He is an angel! He shouldn't be so helpless. I LOVED his idea of walking right over Meg's burning meat to escape the fire!! :p And that he was brought back into the story just in time to save our boys.

-Ending. Sad. :(

Next episode: As I said on Twitter, are you eff-ing KIDDING me?!! I thought it was coming back two weeks earlier than the 21st!!! And what an AWESOME looking episode! I swore not to spoiler myself anymore, but this is going to be HARD!!!

Oh, and also, speaking of Twitter. It wasn't helping last night that when I would go to Twitter during commercials, Jim Beaver was totally teasing all the viewers with fake spoilers and saying things like, "It's been a fun 4 1/2 years. Thanks guys." and "Oh wait, I forgot to set my clock back, the episode isn't over yet?" ;)

queen_hathor
November 20th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I hate to say it but I do hope this is the last season because I don't really see where the boys go from here.
It's sure going to be interesting, put it that way! :S

Castiel doing those shots.......ROFL. And when he was on the phone with Dean and said it was...."going.........down"......Misha has great timing!
Oh gawd, I'd forgotten about that... brilliant!! :lol:

Or is Lucifer waiting for Sam to WANT to be taken over?
Sam HAS to say yes, no angel can just take over the vessel without permission... same as Jimmy/Cas and Dean/Michael! :)

<snipped for sheer length!!>

Oh, and also, speaking of Twitter. It wasn't helping last night that when I would go to Twitter during commercials, Jim Beaver was totally teasing all the viewers with fake spoilers and saying things like, "It's been a fun 4 1/2 years. Thanks guys." and "Oh wait, I forgot to set my clock back, the episode isn't over yet?" ;)
Blimey, how long did it take you to write all that? :eek: :lol: Edit: just saw your edit.. you're dedicated, I'll give you that!! :D

I need to re-watch the ep over the weekend (can't face it tonight, I was totally drained :o ) and then I'll reply to what I can! :p

As for the Twitter thing... what a b*stard!! :eek: Good job we love him, eh? :rolleyes: :p

starg8fans
November 20th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Still reeling from watching Abandon All Hope. Even though I had expected the two casualties to be Ellen and Jo, I bawled my eyes out at the scene. Being a mother to a daughter myself (who incidentally is petite, cute and has long blond hair...) I really felt Ellen's pain, and I was not surprised she decided to stay behind. At least it was a great send-off they got, taking a bunch of hell pooches with them, and they went out together with a major bang.

And the way Dean's voice broke when he told Bobby about Jo... *sniffles*

So Lucifer is immune to the Colt. That puts a major crinkle in the boys' plans. But it would have been too easy.

I'm taking the new twist that the demons don't want Lucifer to win with a pinch of salt. It may just have been a trick by Crowley to bring Sam to Lucifer, knowing that the gun wouldn't work. Thank God Cas was there again to yank the boys out of harm's way. Although I didn't like that evil little smirk Lucifer gave when he saw them gone. It's pretty unsettling to think he knows what's gonna happen and that nobody can change it.

The scene in the beginning when Dean and Sam were talking over that table full of books - to me it felt as if they have found some common ground again. The fact that they can banter about their differences, that Dean does research and agrees to Sam's suggestion about coming along even though he thinks it's wrong - that is exactly what Sam was asking for in Fallen Idols. They really seem to be on the way to mending their relationship.

And a final aside piece of trivia: So on top of everything Bobby has a photo lab in his house as well. Otherwise he couldn't have gotten the 'last night on earth' print that quickly, and not with that old-fashioned look.

Aerilon
November 20th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Spoilers are included, so if you don't want to see them, don't read my post. You've been warned. :)

Loved the episode, just loved it. I did notice though, that there weren't any female Reapers. I'd have thought it nice to see that female one that Dean has had dealing with show up for some reason or other.

Five Things that the Colt can't kill. Pretty obvious that: The four Archangels, and God. We do know though, that whilst this colt can't stop Lucifer, it can put him down for a few seconds. Not much else seems to be able to do that.

Also, I'm intrigued by the Sam / Lucifer thing that is going on. Surely, if Lucifer 'knows' that sam will say yes in six months, why does he ask if he'll say yes there and then? If this entire thing is destiny, then everything will happen as it is suppose to, and not a moment before.

I also thought that Reapers (and Death itself) were somewhat on the fence between the whole Heaven and Hell thing. If Death is released, and Humanity wiped out, wouldn't Reapers be out of a job?

Was great to see the crew come together too, though was very sad to see Ellen and Jo both die. Talking of death, is it me, or is Castiel becoming more and more... Human? Using cell phones, not being able to kill a Demon... He can teleport (if thats what he does) and see things that your average person can't, buy beyond that, he doesn't seem to be doing much of anything else.

...I'm still shocked that he is the only angel who is helping the boys too.

Crichiel
November 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Interesting. Hopping onto other threads quickly, I noticed that everyone is saying, "Poor Ellen!!!" "They killed Ellen!" Not many people saying anything about Jo! ;) I think I undertand the sentiment, though. The two people (aside from Sam and Dean), I myself didn't want to see killed were Bobby or Ellen.

iolanda
November 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Five Things that the Colt can't kill. Pretty obvious that: The four Archangels, and God. We do know though, that whilst this colt can't stop Lucifer, it can put him down for a few seconds. Not much else seems to be able to do that.

You're sure of that? I'd go for Lucifer and the four riders of the Apocalypse.

queen_hathor
November 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Interesting. Hopping onto other threads quickly, I noticed that everyone is saying, "Poor Ellen!!!" "They killed Ellen!" Not many people saying anything about Jo! ;) I think I undertand the sentiment, though. The two people (aside from Sam and Dean), I myself didn't want to see killed were Bobby or Ellen.
I think Jo has a small (but loyal) fan-base from what I can tell on other sites, and I totally agree about Bobby or Ellen. I'm not sure how I'd feel about carrying on watching without Bobby in some ways! :S

starg8fans
November 20th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Amazing analysis again, Crichiel! Always look forward to these.

One thing nobody has mentioned yet, I think - the cliffie. It was so funny, I was watching the ep with the kids, and there was a fadeout on Sam's face and we all screamed 'noooooo', that would have been a really evil cliffie. As it is, I can live with it. We know who the Devil is raising, we know the boys got away from Lucifer... that's civil enough for me to survive the next *gulp* 9 weeks.

Just found another version with better sound quality - didn't realize that Dean called Cas 'Huggy Bear' when they spoke on the phone. *ROFLMAO*

starg8fans
November 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Guess I'll be popping in and out here as I re-watch and notice more things.

- Crowley watching Hitler footage on TV

- And he smirked when the screen went blank. Seems he knew the boys were coming - which re-enforces my belief that he sent them to Lucifer for other reasons than that he thinks he'll turn against the demons.

- I was expecting the Devil's Trap to be just a diversion. Usually the boys are not so sloppy that they leave wrinkles in the carpet to give their game away.

Aerilon
November 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
You're sure of that? I'd go for Lucifer and the four riders of the Apocalypse.Can't be certain, so I'd have to say no, I'm not sure. :P

Although, would it not seem odd of Lucifer is the only Archangel that was 'immune' to the colt? If this was the case, he could essentially kill all other Archangels with it. To be honest, the horsemen didn't even cross my mind.

One thing that baffles me though, the horsemen were created by God, no? If they were, then why are they choosing a side, if they were not, then... well, you see where we'd go then.

We know who the Devil is raising, we know the boys got away from Lucifer... that's civil enough for me to survive the next *gulp* 9 weeks.9 Weeks? I thought it was 8. You've just made my wait longer. :(

starg8fans
November 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM
One thing that baffles me though, the horsemen were created by God, no? If they were, then why are they choosing a side, if they were not, then... well, you see where we'd go then.

But they were created for the Apocalypse, to spread war and disease and famine and death. That's their job, and Lucifer is summoning them so they're gonna do it. It wasn't ordained that the Apocalypse would be started by anybody BUT God.

9 Weeks? I thought it was 8. You've just made my wait longer. :(

Not me, but the preview did that listed Jan. 21st (not 14th as I had read earlier) as the airing date for 5.11 Sam, Interrupted

Another funny thing in the ep - how Castiel managed to bring everybody's mood down while the safe timer was running, so they're all looking really stricken in the photograph.

Aerilon
November 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
But they were created for the Apocalypse, to spread war and disease and famine and death.True (on everything you said for this point). This does seem to indicate though, that God had planned for the Apocalypse. If so, why?

Another funny thing in the ep - how Castiel managed to bring everybody's mood down while the safe timer was running, so they're all looking really stricken in the photograph.hah, good old Cas. :P

starg8fans
November 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM
True (on everything you said for this point). This does seem to indicate though, that God had planned for the Apocalypse. If so, why?

I'm not very knowledgeable on what the Bible said, but I figured it was God's last resort if mankind strayed from the straight and narrow, if they didn't obey God's laws anymore. Every person would be killed, and they'd hold Judgement Day. God probably figured that he might run into a snag with this 'free will' thing, so he created a failsafe to pull the plug.

I like the way how they're showing that Lucifer is under time pressure because Nick isn't his true vessel, and is 'wearing thin'. I thought I saw some marks on his face already in Free to be You and Me, especially when they morphed Jessica into him, and I'd been wondering whether that would ever be explained.

As for the hellhounds - my usual complaint. What's up with the whump? Dean gets beat down by one of those things, and doesn't even get a scratch? And later Lucifer flings him half way across the meadow into a tree, and again, no ill effects? Either they're running low on film blood and waste it on the wrong people, or Michael is pulling strings in heaven, somehow protecting his vessel from harm.

starg8fans
November 20th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Totally bawled my eyes out - again! It was even worse than the first time because I knew what was coming. I loved the interaction between Ellen and Jo after Dean said good-bye. Without saying a word, Ellen let her daughter know she wasn't leaving her, and Jo's expression just screamed 'Mom, don't - but I'm glad you do.' She knew there was nothing she could say or do to make Ellen change her mind. After losing her husband, and now her daughter, what did she have to live for anyway?

Did anybody else think On the Head of a Pin when Cas started undoing the screws on that pipe? I thought he'd use the water to douse the flames, and I was wondering how he knew it was a (functioning) water pipe. Instead, he used it to knock Meg off her feet and into his reach. He sure is not as innocent and transcended as he looks.

Did anybody else think it was funny the Lucifer was doing all the digging himself, when there was a whole demon army at his command?

LtColCarter
November 20th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I loved the episode. It was sad seeing Jo die in Ellen's arms. All in all a good episode...only really bad thing has having to wait until the end of January to see more Supernatural!

Crichiel
November 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Ha! I hadn't noticed the silliness of Lucifer doing the digging!

I re-watched AGAIN with the little one, and even skipping 90% of it (she's 4, this episode was pretty inappropriate!), I STILL cried listening to Ellen.

I also noticed how Dean was reacting to the situation. In the latest magazine interview, Jensen mentioned how the difference between the boys is that Sam thinks long-term. He believes sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get the desired result in the future. Dean doesn't. He is always in the moment, so won't accept casualties as a necessary evil. He believes you can save everyone AND still win the war, sometimes To his own detriment.

I thought of this when Sam says they need to get to Lucifer and Dean adds on 'AFTER we get Ellen and Jo out of here.' He still believes Jo can be saved even though he knows her wound is basically fatal. Sam acquiesces to him, but you can see he doesn't really believe it's going to happen. And once Jo lays it all out, Dean acquiesces, knowing she is right. But you can see how hard it is for him. And later with Ellen, it is Sam that has to say, 'Dean', to get him moving out of the hardware store.

iheartshep
November 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Now that someone mentioned it......Castiel on a cell phone! Odd. Sure, he can do all kinds of stuff us mere mortals can't. He even made reference to his car ride remember? I think it was Lucifer who asked him how it was, and he said "slow" and "confining" or words to that effect.

The same with Lucifer doing all the digging!

IHS

the fifth man
November 20th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I loved the episode. It was sad seeing Jo die in Ellen's arms. All in all a good episode...only really bad thing has having to wait until the end of January to see more Supernatural!

I couldn't agree more. This wait is going to be horrible.:( Especially after such an amazing episode like this one.

Crichiel
November 20th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Yes, I still have more to say! ;)

Where did Jo go once they went into Crowley's house? Was she lookout? You think they could have thrown in a quick explainer there.

STILL want to cry when I think of Ellen. I hope Samantha Ferris knows how much we all love her! :)

starg8fans
November 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, I still have more to say! ;)

Where did Jo go once they went into Crowley's house? Was she lookout? You think they could have thrown in a quick explainer there.

STILL want to cry when I think of Ellen. I hope Samantha Ferris knows how much we all love her! :)

Good point. If she was a lookout she didn't do a very good job since those two bodyguards were able to sneak up on the boys. She may have been searching the house for the Colt just in case Cowley didn't have it on him.

kaliel
November 21st, 2009, 02:52 AM
I did love this episode. Equal parts sad and 'oh god, Cas is a sexy beast'.

However, it did highlight something for me. Satan is a brilliant, brilliant character. Nothing like I'd expected him to be.
Yet the actor they've chosen to portray him just doesn't do it for me. He just doesn't seem to settle in with the personality they've given him and it made the parts of the episode he featured in rather jarring for me.

flameling
November 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
This was a great episode, and what I liked best is that it seems as if Crowley's right. Lucifer has no regard for the lives of his "children" although they tore a war apart and created a war to free him from his prison. I'm pretty sure that he's lying about a lot of things. First its told that he was imprisoned because he refused to bow down to humanity, then Ruby said that "demon sunday school" taught them that it was because he corrupted Lillith and made the first demon, then he says that it was because he asked God why they had to bow down to humans and Michael wouldn't stand by him, making his position weaker. So which one was it? And didn't Gabriel say that "sunday night dinner" was like this cosmic battle we're now in? This must have been after the lights were turned on because after they were Lucifer fell, yet Lucifer claims he idolized Michael. I may not be a rocket scientist, but I don't buy it. And one other thing, the demon sunday school thing shows how much demons worship him, like God. I hope that if God is alive he does nt have that much disrespect for his children.

the fifth man
November 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
This was a great episode, and what I liked best is that it seems as if Crowley's right. Lucifer has no regard for the lives of his "children" although they tore a war apart and created a war to free him from his prison. I'm pretty sure that he's lying about a lot of things. First its told that he was imprisoned because he refused to bow down to humanity, then Ruby said that "demon sunday school" taught them that it was because he corrupted Lillith and made the first demon, then he says that it was because he asked God why they had to bow down to humans and Michael wouldn't stand by him, making his position weaker. So which one was it? And didn't Gabriel say that "sunday night dinner" was like this cosmic battle we're now in? This must have been after the lights were turned on because after they were Lucifer fell, yet Lucifer claims he idolized Michael. I may not be a rocket scientist, but I don't buy it. And one other thing, the demon sunday school thing shows how much demons worship him, like God. I hope that if God is alive he does nt have that much disrespect for his children.

I don't think he does. And hopefully, we will see evidence of that by season's end.

Heaven
November 22nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
ok I just have to say

the devil is awesome!!

really liked him in this one

the fifth man
November 22nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
ok I just have to say

the devil is awesome!!

really liked him in this one

He was good. No denying that IMO.:) I can't wait to see more of him as this season unfolds.

Alan Wake
November 22nd, 2009, 05:55 PM

If God was alive?

If god wasn't alive, wouldn't that mean... pretty much everything else wouldn't exist?

starg8fans
November 22nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
If God was alive?

If god wasn't alive, wouldn't that mean... pretty much everything else wouldn't exist?

I guess only if he'd never been alive. And I think Raffael was speaking figuratively - that God had deserted them and left them to their own devices. I'm really curious what explanation they will find for his absence.

SheppAddictedFangirl
November 23rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
++ spoilers ahead+++
donīt read if you havenīt seen the ep ;)

Not sure what to say. After all the hype, I found this episode to be kind of 'eh'......KIDDING!!!! :p Holy CRAP! Sorry, I don't have access to a thesaurus right now, so I am going to run out of superlatives quickly. Be prepared for a lot of, "I liked that..." "I love how..." "Great..." and "Fantastic"s. ;)

Let me get the one negative out of the way. I thought the end was too abrupt. Just kind of cut off.

I agree on that! And to pretty much everything else you said! ;)

-When I saw Dean kissing Jo in the trailer, I was worried. As I said before, I never hated Jo like some people, but I DIDN'T think she was a good fit for Dean. So I loved how she rebuffed his advances. It elevated my opinion of her especially when she made the line about self-respect because when the writers had her pining after Dean, it weakened her. Plus Dean got to say, "If you're into that kind of thing." :D

I didnīt see any trailer (trying to stay spoiler free and so far, succeeding :p ) so I had no idea that anyone was gonna get killed this week. But the moment Dean showed interest in hooking up with Jo, I knew she was tagged a redshirt. Thatīs the only thing this show has become a little predictable about, Iīm afraid. If theyīre gonna kill a girl, sheīs bound to be a "love interest" for that ep. Which is why it never really works with me, I just know it wonīt work out :o

I did hate Ellenīs loss though :( But I understand why she did it, and thought her send off was pretty good, going out with a bang, buying the boys some breathing space and taking those hell creatures along.

But I was just glad they didnīt kill off Bobby :o

-The picture seemed awkward to me. Bobby isn't really a sentimental kind of guy and the mood seemed 'off'. at least until Castiel made his remark about it being their last night on earth, THEN we had the slap of reality we are used to in Supernatural! Plus I get that they did it for the payoff of the final shot of the episode.

I agree about this being awkward. The picture to be taken in the first place only to have them burn it in the end felt too much like a forced tearjerker to me, that it didnīt actually work that way .. :S :o

I did love Cas in this one though (big surprise :p ), and yeah, him stepping over Meg to get out of the trap was neat! :D

I had a feeling the colt wouldnīt work, way too easy to get rid of an enemy that big, but hey, it was worth a shot. Literally. :p
But Crowley did add some fun in the mix, the boys faces were priceless when he shot his own guards to free them :p

LizzieAnne
November 25th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Like everyone else I really loved this ep.
Really sad to lose Ellen and this was the ep where I started to like Jo...
I need to watch again..haven't had the chance yet...

This was a great episode, and what I liked best is that it seems as if Crowley's right. Lucifer has no regard for the lives of his "children" although they tore a war apart and created a war to free him from his prison. I'm pretty sure that he's lying about a lot of things. First its told that he was imprisoned because he refused to bow down to humanity, then Ruby said that "demon sunday school" taught them that it was because he corrupted Lillith and made the first demon, then he says that it was because he asked God why they had to bow down to humans and Michael wouldn't stand by him, making his position weaker. So which one was it?

I reckon from what's been said both those statements are true. Lucifer was cast out of heaven because he wouldn't bow down to humanity (becoming a fallen angel)and afterwards corrupted Lilith into the first demon as an act of defiance against God. He was then punished for that by God and cast into hell binding him with the seals.
I think when Lucifer's trying for the sympathy card he really does believe he was hard done by...this makes him all the more dangerous as he can justify to himself, and tries to convince everyone else, all the evil stuff he's doing.

LizzieAnne
November 25th, 2009, 10:44 AM
If God was alive?

I gather that God does put in an appearance at some point but everything that's been created would still exist even if he was dead. But then again everyone are free to believe what they want :)

the fifth man
November 25th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Like everyone else I really loved this ep.
Really sad to lose Ellen and this was the ep where I started to like Jo...
I need to watch again..haven't had the chance yet...

I reckon from what's been said both those statements are true. Lucifer was cast out of heaven because he wouldn't bow down to humanity (becoming a fallen angel)and afterwards corrupted Lilith into the first demon as an act of defiance against God. He was then punished for that by God and cast into hell binding him with the seals.
I think when Lucifer's trying for the sympathy card he really does believe he was hard done by...this makes him all the more dangerous as he can justify to himself, and tries to convince everyone else, all the evil stuff he's doing.

You are completely right. That belief of his does make Lucifer extremely dangerous.

LtColCarter
November 26th, 2009, 07:03 AM
You are completely right. That belief of his does make Lucifer extremely dangerous.

Yuppers...I agree...I wonder who things will pan out with 'Ole Luci?

NurseFG
November 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I loved this episode it has to be one of my favorites of all time :)

But i was sad when Jo and Ellen died, i really like them :(

the fifth man
November 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Yuppers...I agree...I wonder who things will pan out with 'Ole Luci?

I have no clue whatsoever, but you know Kripke and Company have something amazing planned for us.

LtColCarter
November 27th, 2009, 07:09 AM
I loved this episode it has to be one of my favorites of all time :)

But i was sad when Jo and Ellen died, i really like them :(

I know. I agree with ya. I know we didn't see much of them through the years, but I loved their characters.

I have no clue whatsoever, but you know Kripke and Company have something amazing planned for us.

I sure hope so! :) They seem to never disappoint! ;)

Crichiel
November 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM

98% of the time, they have exceeded my expectations. I am sure they will do so once again! :)

Oh, and that other 2%? That's when I first watch it and think "Man! Why did they do that? That's not where I wanted this to go"....until 3-5 episodes down the line when I say, "THAT'S why they did that! That is SO awesome!" ;)

the fifth man
November 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
98% of the time, they have exceeded my expectations. I am sure they will do so once again! :)

Oh, and that other 2%? That's when I first watch it and think "Man! Why did they do that? That's not where I wanted this to go"....until 3-5 episodes down the line when I say, "THAT'S why they did that! That is SO awesome!" ;)

Yeah, with their track record, the odds of us getting a spectacular season/series finale are very good.:)

LtColCarter
November 30th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah, with their track record, the odds of us getting a spectacular season/series finale are very good.:)

Lets hope its a season finale and not a series finale! :D

the fifth man
November 30th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Lets hope its a season finale and not a series finale! :D

Of course, my friend. IMO, this show still has a lot of life left in it.:)

LtColCarter
December 1st, 2009, 06:27 AM
Of course, my friend. IMO, this show still has a lot of life left in it.:)

As always, I concur! :D

Aerilon
December 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
God; the creator of Man, Angels, Archangels and practically everything else... apparently.

Just to clarify, Lucifer. Does Lucifer want to kill God, or Michael? If Michael, then I suppose it could happen, being that Michael can probably be killed, just as any angel, demon or human can be, but to kill God? I'm really curious as to how a fallen Archangel (or even a non-fallen Archangel) can kill something that, by all accounts, has the power to literally do anything.

In theory, all God has to do to defeat Lucifer, is click his fingers, and whisk Lucifer out of existance. It really is that simple. We know also, that God is in the season final. I've a theory to that. Firstly, I'd like all to take note that Angels seem to be able to bring back the dead. My theory, is that Sam and Dean will both end up saying yes, and as Lucifer and Michael, will end up killing each other, or at least trying too.

The way I see it, it can go two ways, either God will step in to calm the situation down, then Sam and Dean will go back to their life, and God will take the Angels back up to wherever it is they belong, and get on with their life.

Or, Sam/Lucifer and Dean/Michael will fight, and die. God, with all that power will bring Sam and Dean back to life. What becomes of Lucifer and Michael I wouldn't dare speculate. Its pretty solid now that we're going to get a season 6 out of this, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

If season 5 ends with this story being told, then I can't see how we can have a season 6, it would essentially be Sam and Dean going back to their old hunts; and for them, and us viewers, how can that be fun anymore? If they drag this story out though, to the end of season 6, it'll be then that we get the big showdown.

the fifth man
December 1st, 2009, 06:25 PM
God; the creator of Man, Angels, Archangels and practically everything else... apparently.

Just to clarify, Lucifer. Does Lucifer want to kill God, or Michael? If Michael, then I suppose it could happen, being that Michael can probably be killed, just as any angel, demon or human can be, but to kill God? I'm really curious as to how a fallen Archangel (or even a non-fallen Archangel) can kill something that, by all accounts, has the power to literally do anything.

In theory, all God has to do to defeat Lucifer, is click his fingers, and whisk Lucifer out of existance. It really is that simple. We know also, that God is in the season final. I've a theory to that. Firstly, I'd like all to take note that Angels seem to be able to bring back the dead. My theory, is that Sam and Dean will both end up saying yes, and as Lucifer and Michael, will end up killing each other, or at least trying too.

The way I see it, it can go two ways, either God will step in to calm the situation down, then Sam and Dean will go back to their life, and God will take the Angels back up to wherever it is they belong, and get on with their life.

Or, Sam/Lucifer and Dean/Michael will fight, and die. God, with all that power will bring Sam and Dean back to life. What becomes of Lucifer and Michael I wouldn't dare speculate. Its pretty solid now that we're going to get a season 6 out of this, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

If season 5 ends with this story being told, then I can't see how we can have a season 6, it would essentially be Sam and Dean going back to their old hunts; and for them, and us viewers, how can that be fun anymore? If they drag this story out though, to the end of season 6, it'll be then that we get the big showdown.

Kripke has stated several times that this storyline will be wrapped up this season. So if we get a Season 6, which we better, it will begin a new chapter for the show and its characters.

LtColCarter
December 2nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
Kripke has stated several times that this storyline will be wrapped up this season. So if we get a Season 6, which we better, it will begin a new chapter for the show and its characters.

Yes, I've read this is well... IMHO, I think if they did drag this Lucifier, Michael, and God Arc across a whole other season...it seem like their beating a dead horse.

Aerilon
December 2nd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Kripke has stated several times that this storyline will be wrapped up this season. So if we get a Season 6, which we better, it will begin a new chapter for the show and its characters.I didn't know about that.

Either way though, from what I've read, they are going to give us a 6th season, I just can't see where they can go following God, and the Devil. What else is left? You can't really get any bigger than that, not unless we end up meeting God's creator, or his brothers and sisters... but I really doubt they'll go down that road. Think that'll be a little.. too big.

LizzieAnne
December 2nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
I've read where the writers joke about discussing God's motivation for doing this or that. And whatever they come up with will have to be a pretty compelling argument why he/she doesn't just do the snapping of fingers and making everything fine. And I'm with Dean here...no 'God works in mysterious ways' please.

I can just hear Dean, or Sam, asking why he was left to suffer in hell for all those years. Why wasn't he rescued earlier before he broke the first seal?...and so on.

I have yet another theory about what may happen.:rolleyes:
Dean and Sam may have good reasons to eventually say yes..and maybe because they're the chosen vessels...it won't destroy their minds the way it seems to with the other angels and their vessels. So at the end of the finale fight, assuming they aren't killed, they could be returned to their old selves, maybe.

I hope that even if Kripke decides there's not going to be a Season 6 .. he doesn't kill them off. I thought I wouldn't mind mind them going out in a blaze of glory...but now it's getting closer I've changed my mind...:S

For once....I want a happy ending! :P

And what can they do for a sixth Season? It doesn't have to get bigger to be good but they do have to come up with something different and interesting...and that's not impossible. I reckon if Kripke doesn't think it can work then there won't be another Season.

the fifth man
December 2nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
I didn't know about that.

Either way though, from what I've read, they are going to give us a 6th season, I just can't see where they can go following God, and the Devil. What else is left? You can't really get any bigger than that, not unless we end up meeting God's creator, or his brothers and sisters... but I really doubt they'll go down that road. Think that'll be a little.. too big.

I have learned over the seasons to have a lot of faith in Kripke and Company. I have no doubt in my mind, if there is a sixth season, they will come up with an interesting storyline for our heroes.

starg8fans
December 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Congrats on 4,000 posts, Lizzie, and 23,000 posts, Fifth!

But back to the discussion. I've read somewhere that Kripke said if you can't go bigger, you go smaller, more intimate. If there's a sixth season (and I sure hope there will be!) with his imagination and vision, I'm sure that he will think of some kind of quandry at the end of S5 that Sam and Dean will have to resolve down the line, something personal. Like finding their Dad as in S1, killing the YED in S2, trying to save Dean from hell in S3... As long as they let him do his stuff and don't interfere I'm sure any future seasons will be great, or at least very enjoyable.

the fifth man
December 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM

But back to the discussion. I've read somewhere that Kripke said if you can't go bigger, you go smaller, more intimate. If there's a sixth season (and I sure hope there will be!) with his imagination and vision, I'm sure that he will think of some kind of quandry at the end of S5 that Sam and Dean will have to resolve down the line, something personal. Like finding their Dad as in S1, killing the YED in S2, trying to save Dean from hell in S3... As long as they let him do his stuff and don't interfere I'm sure any future seasons will be great, or at least very enjoyable.

I couldn't agree more with that.:) BTW, thanks for the congrats.

Crichiel
December 3rd, 2009, 07:30 AM

This is what I've gotten out of Kripke's interviews as well. That it isn't about going 'bigger'. It's about finding another compelling story to tell in the lives of the Winchesters.

Are we still discussing Abandon All Hope? I think we kinda strayed into "Season 5 General Discussion" here! :P

LtColCarter
December 3rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
I didn't know about that.

Where did you read that?

I have learned over the seasons to have a lot of faith in Kripke and Company. I have no doubt in my mind, if there is a sixth season, they will come up with an interesting storyline for our heroes.

Amen! :D

LizzieAnne
December 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM

I agree... I'm sure Kripke will come up with something worth watching.
Thanks for the congrats :)

the fifth man
December 3rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
I agree... I'm sure Kripke will come up with something worth watching.
Thanks for the congrats :)

After seeing what he has done with this show over the past 5 seasons, I don't think there is any way to doubt Kripke.

Aerilon
December 4th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I've read where the writers joke about discussing God's motivation for doing this or that. And whatever they come up with will have to be a pretty compelling argument why he/she doesn't just do the snapping of fingers and making everything fine.

I can just hear Dean, or Sam, asking why he was left to suffer in hell for all those years. Why wasn't he rescued earlier before he broke the first seal?...and so on.There is only one reason that I can think of that'll answer these kind of questions; that being, God isn't as powerful as we've been led to believe.

For all we know, God created the Archangels, and Angels, and then us Humans, but he isn't actually all powerful like everyone seems to speculate. He may not have had the power, just as Angels or Archangels don't.

Dean and Sam may have good reasons to eventually say yes..and maybe because they're the chosen vessels...it won't destroy their minds the way it seems to with the other angels and their vessels. So at the end of the finale fight, assuming they aren't killed, they could be returned to their old selves, maybe.A good theory, but I doubt it. From how I understand, one of them has to kill the other, permanently.

Where did you read that?http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2009/06/supernatural-stars-sensational.html

LtColCarter
December 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Supernatural stars sensationally reveal: We WILL be back for Season 6
By David Bentley on Jun 1, 09 05:29 PM

Special report by Morag Cuddeford-Jones

FANS of the hit US TV show Supernatural can breathe a sigh of relief after stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles sensationally revealed that they would be returning for a sixth season.

Speculation had been rife that the show's creator, Erik Kripke, was going to stick to his original idea of creating a five-year-only story for the hugely successful ghost-hunting show.
As they hunt their way across America with only a classic car and some serious weaponry for company, this story of two monster-chasing brothers has seen snowballing popularity.

But fans had feared that, with the finale of season four approaching on ITV2, they only had one more series to enjoy before its conclusion in spring 2010.

But, in Birmingham at the weekend for the show's European convention, Asylum 3, I spoke to both Jared and Jensen, who take joint leads in the show as demon-slaying brothers Sam and Dean Winchester. They confirmed that they had signed on the dotted line for season six.

I asked Jensen if he'd made plans for any movies after he wrapped filming on series five. To begin with, he was playing his cards close to his chest: "We find out around January time if the show is going to be picked up again for another season."

But then he let it slip. I asked him if he'd want to go back for a sixth season and he answered: "I have to. I have a six-year contract." Well, that settles that, then.

When Jared was asked what he planned to be doing after Supernatural Five, he simply answered: "Supernatural Six. My best guess is that Supernatural will go beyond season five."

Jared also credited the fans, both in the states and the UK, for getting it this far: "Thanks to all you guys. It's because you've been getting the word out and we really appreciate it."

Jensen added: "Kripke does only have a five-year contract for Supernatural and the studio doesn't have to carry it on for six seasons."

But it seems that the actors, fans and studio hotshots are all keen to see the show go on. Jared told me: "Season four has had the best viewing figures we've ever seen and it just seems to be on an upward curve so the studio's really keen to see more."

Fans at Asylum 3 in Birmingham's Hilton Metropole greeted the news with whoops of joy and a deafening round of applause.

However, Jared did issue a warning. Ironically, having just starred in a season four episode entitled Jump the Shark - a term used in the TV industry for the point when a show becomes too unbelievable to be watchable - Jared told the audience that if he felt the season six storyline was going to jump the shark for real, he wouldn't go on.

He said: "I was a huge fan of Lost - I'd never seen a drama series that I loved so much. But as I continued to watch it, it started to get complicated for the sake of being complicated. It could have been so complete, it could have just answered the questions that it asked as opposed to saying 'let's blow some stuff up and we'll figure it out later'. I don't want that to happen. If there's still a story to tell and still something for me to bring to the show as Sam Winchester, then absolutely."

The growing chasm between the otherwise tight-knit brothers has had fans biting their nails to the quick as the series progresses and it's not over yet.

The final two episodes will stretch our Winchester boys to the very limit although there's light at the end of the tunnel. Jensen revealed that the split in the brothers' relationship may be set to heal somewhat in season five after some sensational revelations in the upcoming season four finale, due to be shown in the UK on June 14.

And for those who want to see an end to 'demon Sam', Jared has some news: "I like the dark side! Demons are more fun to play."

He added that he didn't think it was possible for Sam to go on being the 'good' brother forever. "Sam has grown, he's changed. He'll be redeemed I'm sure, if something goes wrong, but I love the direction it's going in, I like the dynamic of brother versus brother."

So as the UK gears up to say goodbye to the Winchester boys for the long summer holiday, fans can relax, knowing this September won't be their favourite show's last run.

And seeing as we're in a revealing frame of mind, after John, Sam and Dean all dying at the end of seasons one, two and three, what can we expect from the season four finale?

Source: Coventry Telegraph (http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2009/06/supernatural-stars-sensational.html)

Just wanted to share the story :D

starg8fans
December 4th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Supernatural stars sensationally reveal: We WILL be back for Season 6
By David Bentley on Jun 1, 09 05:29 PM
[SPOILERS]<snip>

I was totally psyched when I read the headline. But after reading what's under the spoiler, I was a bit disappointed. We know that Jared and Jensen have a 6-year contract, but that doesn't mean the studio has to have a sixth season. And most of the comments deal with the end of S4, while S5 is already airing. Anyway, I'm glad to know Jared and Jensen would be on board with a (quality) S6, but I'm still not getting my hopes up too high to avoid being disappointed.

SheppAddictedFangirl
December 4th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I was totally psyched when I read the headline. But after reading what's under the spoiler, I was a bit disappointed. We know that Jared and Jensen have a 6-year contract, but that doesn't mean the studio has to have a sixth season. And most of the comments deal with the end of S4, while S5 is already airing. Anyway, I'm glad to know Jared and Jensen would be on board with a (quality) S6, but I'm still not getting my hopes up too high to avoid being disappointed.

I agree. After all, all the actors in a different show were onboard for another season, but still, that one was canceled. Itīs best to err on the side of caution ;)
I do hope theyīll continue though, the show is just too good to let go :cool:

the fifth man
December 4th, 2009, 06:28 PM
The CW would be complete idiots if they don't bring Supernatural back for Season 6. I remain cautiously optimistic.

LtColCarter
December 4th, 2009, 06:29 PM
The CW would be complete idiots if they don't bring Supernatural back for Season 6. I remain cautiously optimistic.

As do I.

Crichiel
December 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Especially if you consider the ratings for their other shows. And if they are thinking they can get better numbers with new shows, yes, Vampire Diaries is doing well for them, but they also have a lot of new shows each year that flop quite spectacularly.

Even an FX-laden show like Supernatural has got to be cheaper to renew than the start-up cost of a new show that will be scrapped 2 episodes in!

LtColCarter
December 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Especially if you consider the ratings for their other shows. And if they are thinking they can get better numbers with new shows, yes, Vampire Diaries is doing well for them, but they also have a lot of new shows each year that flop quite spectacularly.

Even an FX-laden show like Supernatural has got to be cheaper to renew than the start-up cost of a new show that will be scrapped 2 episodes in!

I agree. I just want a 6th season. I just hope the CW doesn't abuse us like they did with Charmed. I loved Charmed...and they got an 11th hour reprieve for an 8th season.

the fifth man
December 7th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I agree. I just want a 6th season. I just hope the CW doesn't abuse us like they did with Charmed. I loved Charmed...and they got an 11th hour reprieve for an 8th season.

Hopefully this great show won't need any kind of last-minute reprieve.

LtColCarter
December 7th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hopefully this great show won't need any kind of last-minute reprieve.

:indeed:

Crichiel
January 19th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Here's a question that popped into my head when re-watching this one last week: Can other people (aside from the intended victim) HEAR the Hell Hounds?

I didn't think so when they were first introduced in Crossroads Blues. Didn't the doctor-lady's housekeeper say she hadn't heard any dogs? And in No Rest for the Wicked, I didn't think Sam heard them. But in this episode, it seemed like all four of them (Dean, Sam, Jo, and Ellen) could hear them. Is that because they were all potential vicitms?

starg8fans
January 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Here's a question that popped into my head when re-watching this one last week: Can other people (aside from the intended victim) HEAR the Hell Hounds?

I didn't think so when they were first introduced in Crossroads Blues. Didn't the doctor-lady's housekeeper say she hadn't heard any dogs? And in No Rest for the Wicked, I didn't think Sam heard them. But in this episode, it seemed like all four of them (Dean, Sam, Jo, and Ellen) could hear them. Is that because they were all potential vicitms?

That would be my guess as well. You can only hear a hellhound when it's on your trail. And Jo said something about the beasts having their scent now, so they would not stop coming after them. (Yes, I just re-watched that ep as well. ;)) So it must be a kind of two-way thing - they smell you, you hear them. Could be that each of them heard another hound, though, namely the one that was after them personally. That could also explain why Dean got away unscathed when the dog threw him down, it was probably not the one that was supposed to take him out, and it just sort of used him as a stepping stone.

LizzieAnne
January 19th, 2010, 02:18 PM

A really good point...and I think that's the case, from what I remember anyway!

That would be my guess as well. You can only hear a hellhound when it's on your trail. And Jo said something about the beasts having their scent now, so they would not stop coming after them. (Yes, I just re-watched that ep as well. ;)) So it must be a kind of two-way thing - they smell you, you hear them. Could be that each of them heard another hound, though, namely the one that was after them personally. That could also explain why Dean got away unscathed when the dog threw him down, it was probably not the one that was supposed to take him out, and it just sort of used him as a stepping stone.

Now there's a creepy thought...a hell hound with your name on it :S

Crichiel
January 20th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Could be that each of them heard another hound, though, namely the one that was after them personally. That could also explain why Dean got away unscathed when the dog threw him down, it was probably not the one that was supposed to take him out, and it just sort of used him as a stepping stone.

That's a cool theory. Although just to be a snot :o:D, I think I can poke a hole in that!: It seems (from her dead-on aim) that Jo can hear the dog she is shooting at as she is coming to help Dean, but it is a DIFFERENT dog that attacks her from behind! ;)

LtColCarter
January 20th, 2010, 12:30 PM
That's a cool theory. Although just to be a snot :o:D, I think I can poke a hole in that!: It seems (from her dead-on aim) that Jo can hear the dog she is shooting at as she is coming to help Dean, but it is a DIFFERENT dog that attacks her from behind! ;)

Could be!

starg8fans
January 20th, 2010, 11:43 PM

Good catch, I forgot about that. She must have heard the dog to be able to shoot in its direction. Oh well, guess the hellhounds work after their own set of rules.

LizzieAnne
January 21st, 2010, 04:26 AM
Just to add another thought in the mix! Didn't Dean find out when he was nearing his time to go to hell that the veil between this world and the next was thinning (for him) and because of that he could see demons possessing humans. Maybe now Lucifer is free and the Apocalype is here .. the normal rules no longer apply. ..the walls between Hell and Earth being very thin or non existant...or very flexible :P

LtColCarter
January 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Just to add another thought in the mix! Didn't Dean find out when he was nearing his time to go to hell that the veil between this world and the next was thinning (for him) and because of that he could see demons possessing humans. Maybe now Lucifer is free and the Apocalype is here .. the normal rules no longer apply. ..the walls between Hell and Earth being very thin or non existant...or very flexible :P

That's a good point...it could be!

MusicalMorphine
January 26th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Just watched this ep, I liked it. I LOL'd at Cas downing those shots. The bit with Ellen and Jo was said but I swear they died before?.. or I knew it was coming..

LtColCarter
January 26th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Just watched this ep, I liked it. I LOL'd at Cas downing those shots. The bit with Ellen and Jo was said but I swear they died before?.. or I knew it was coming..

Yeah...I thought they'd died before...When I saw them alive I just went with it.

MusicalMorphine
January 26th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah...I thought they'd died before...When I saw them alive I just went with it.

Yeah, I was so confused LOL. I thought they died at the same time as Ash..

LtColCarter
January 26th, 2010, 09:22 AM

Maybe we need to look into this! :D

starg8fans
January 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM

We knew Ellen had survived when the Roadhouse burned down, because she joined Bobby and the boys in the S2 finale when they opened the devil's gate - she brought them the map of the churches that had been in the safe there. She had survived because they'd run out of pretzels of all things, and she had left on a supply run.

As for Jo, I thought Ellen said at some point before this that she had gone off to hunt on her own. So I had never assumed them dead.

LtColCarter
January 26th, 2010, 11:22 AM
We knew Ellen had survived when the Roadhouse burned down, because she joined Bobby and the boys in the S2 finale when they opened the devil's gate - she brought them the map of the churches that had been in the safe there. She had survived because they'd run out of pretzels of all things, and she had left on a supply run.

As for Jo, I thought Ellen said at some point before this that she had gone off to hunt on her own. So I had never assumed them dead.

This is correct...I guess I just had a brain fart since I'd not seend them in a while.

MusicalMorphine
January 27th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Ah okay thanks. I'm sure I knew that but for some reason I couldn't remember what happened.

LtColCarter
January 28th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Ah okay thanks. I'm sure I knew that but for some reason I couldn't remember what happened.

Yes...hence my afore mentioned brain fart!

Epideme
February 1st, 2010, 03:52 AM
Did anyone else cry? I worried my BF so bad he had to pause it and ask what was wrong! Dean's face made it worse when he realises what she 's planning and then later what she does.
x

LtColCarter
February 1st, 2010, 07:05 AM
Did anyone else cry? I worried my BF so bad he had to pause it and ask what was wrong! Dean's face made it worse when he realises what she 's planning and then later what she does.
x

Nope...no tears here....

starg8fans
February 1st, 2010, 11:26 PM
x

Tell me about it - I'm usually not the teary sort, but that scene just gets me every single time. I made the mistake of watching it on a plane once, and made a total fool out of myself in front of the two ladies sitting next to me... It's probably because I have a daughter myself, and I can so feel with Ellen when she won't allow her to be left alone to face this.

OT It's similar to the scene in SG-1 S1 when Carter is supposed to leave Cassandra to die in that underground bunker. I know I couldn't do it.