Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli's shirt (and why it crimps his style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli's shirt (and why it crimps his style)

Eli and his nerd shirt...

Is it wrong that this is the umpteenth episode in a row, he's worn that same damn shirt? My god that thing must be starting to smell by now, specially since its been 3 weeks since Water... and probably a month since Air.

It is me, or does anyone else thing that, sure, Eli wasn't given real chance to pack in Air Part 1, but still, the dude needs to get something else to wear?! I'm starting to wonder if the Destiny lads are so possessive they won't lend the poor guy a spare shirt?

Any thoughts?

Well, he did actually aquire a pair of Jeans somewhere along the line. I would also like to see another shirt. He's like a freakin' cartoon character.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

I'll have to re-watch the previous three episodes to confirm this, not that I doubt you, but more or less to confirm the observations for myself. Perhaps it is to demonstrate what you feel is representative of his "style". Maybe, similar to Rush he perhaps does not have enough time to delve in to such unproductive acts such as changing his clothing. Keep in mind, although it seems the various activities Eli does throughout the day are unimportant, they in fact are not. Colonel Young specifically has tasked him with recording those amongst them with Kinos in the form of a loyalty check and he is the praised "math boy".

Comment

Not at all to the detriment of his character, Eli is probably one of the best characters on SGU, but still, the lack of wardrobe is, as was previously said, turning him into a cartoon character.

He's Eli Wallace... not Charlie Brown...

Actually... *ponders* maybe he is... a little...

But nonetheless, Eli and Rush also, do seem to lack many changes of clothes on Destiny?

Comment

Eh, it doesn't bother me too much. Eli's character fits the kind of person who would do that.

Comment

He should've kept on the clothes the scientist changed into while in his body.

Comment

Uhh... I thought it was obvious... and also JM said it on his blog... Where the HELL are they going to get new clothes from? the military only took through some uniforms. Eli had almost nothing on him when he went though the gate. As far as i've noticed they ALL have the same clothes on. You've prolly only noticed Eli because his is big and red (no offece to DB).

Oh and i'm sure its not that hard to wash your shirt by hand once in a while. Personally, i would find the episode entitled "laundry" quite boring.

Originally posted by Radahldo View Post
              He should've kept on the clothes the scientist changed into while in his body.
              Did you see those clothes? They are definitely not Eli. And they didn't really look like they would fit him... if you know what i mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
                Eli and his nerd shirt...

Is it wrong that this is the umpteenth episode in a row, he's worn that same damn shirt.... Any thoughts (about Eli's Shirt)?
                Agreed that Eli needs a change of wardrobe...although it might be a joke on whomever takes over his body viz the communication stones. Has anyone else noticed that Chloe takes advantage of Eli when Scott was either physically, professionally, or emotionally unavailable? Comments?
                Ewnif

"...
                I've spent my whole life sticking it to the man. If I do this, I'll be the man. I don't think I can be the man. ..."
                Col. Jack O'Neill - Season 8 - New Order Part 2

Comment

Originally posted by ewnif View Post
                  Agreed that Eli needs a change of wardrobe...although it might be a joke on whomever takes over his body viz the communication stones. Has anyone else noticed that Chloe takes advantage of Eli when Scott was either physically, professionally, or emotionally unavailable? Comments?
                  That last statement really requires its own thread in the SGU general discussion board.

But that's what best friends are for... right? you go to your partner before you go to anyone else.

Comment

they have water onboard. and showers. so why cant they wash their clothes?

Comment

I think this is simply showing that their resources are very very low and that fashion is not on the top of their most important things to do list.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog

Ekko writes: “…will all characters change their clothing in the show?
                        Or will you try to make ‘em have same clothes all the time?”

Answer: They will wear whatever they brought with them. If they didn’t bring a change of clothing (which is highly likely) then they’ll be wearing the same outfit, occasionally borrowing appropriate off-world gear when available.
                        So Eli didn't bring a change of clothes with him, or else he would be wearing something different.

Comment

must save a ton on wardrobe costs

I'm a bit surprised at how many people don't appreciate why it is so logical that they have such a minimal wardrobe, no they weren't able to plunder their closets on Icarus when they had to abandon ship in mere minutes and no they can't bring along physical items by using the stones!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

they have water onboard. and showers. so why cant they wash their clothes?
                            Yea, I'm assuming they wash their clothes with the spray and wash thingy they use to shower. Now, as someone else pointed out, how do they remain so clean-shaven? Did someon grab a box of disposable razors from the Icarus base?

Comment

How can you say that it crimps his style. It is is style, and I want a copy of his shirt!

Comment

Working...
                              X