This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aliens speaking english

So we've gone through 8 episodes, and I'm glad to say no English speaking aliens yet

but it begs the question whats going to eventually happen? are we only going to get the interaction between the team and the different environments? are we going to get civilizations of humans or aliens?

and the most important question of all, How are the fans taking it, and their predictions?

I'm honestly ok with what has happened so far, but that's me...

So guys, what do you think?

To Be Honest,

Anything is possible. I think we will eventually see Intelligent Alien Civilizations. The thing that surprises me is that Stargate hasn't used a "translator" device to make it so they can speak with aliens. I mean, advanced civilizations that can create FTL travel, energy weapons, etc etc don't have a device that can help them translate languages of races they encounter? I would have thought the Asgard would have made one at some point since they have a device for everything including stopping time while you do your chores. (Hehe)

As for Humans, its entirely possible we will see them at some point, and maybe they speak Ancient. There are 50 million years of history for the Ancients and so far we know of only 4 Galaxies that they went to at some point. Maybe they will find some living out there somewhere. Who knows.

If the story is written well, and makes sense, I am open to anything. I think no matter what they do, some fans will like it, and others will dislike it and its really about finding that balance to keep everyone interested.

- CB
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
    Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Spoiler:
      We will be seeing aliens in 'Space'. I don't know this for sure, but I believe they will be sentient because we will be fighting them in space battles, yada yada. JM mentioned it on his blog that we will see aliens have space battles, etc. Also, I believe it was confirmed that aliens they encounter won't speak English and the Destiny crew will have to find other means to communicate.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
        Spoiler:
        We will be seeing aliens in 'Space'. I don't know this for sure, but I believe they will be sentient because we will be fighting them in space battles, yada yada. JM mentioned it on his blog that we will see aliens have space battles, etc. Also, I believe it was confirmed that aliens they encounter won't speak English and the Destiny crew will have to find other means to communicate.
        Yep. And if I'm not mistaken, it's gonna be
        Spoiler:
        the alien race who was hinted at in Air 3, with the pod detaching from the Destiny.

Comment

We have a THRIVING thread about aliens speaking English in our general discussion area

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hlight=english
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X