PDA

View Full Version : Chloe to become the "Kenny of SGU"?

Briangate78
November 14th, 2009, 08:29 AM
OMG, someone posted this on the SyFy forums. I cannot stop laughing...

Maybe Chloe can become the "Kenny" of SGU and the writers can find a way to kill her off every episode. OMG they killed Chloe!

I felt it needed it's own thread.

aretood2
November 14th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I blame SGA for this.

MattSilver 3k
November 14th, 2009, 08:32 AM
*snort*

This gem, straight from Family Guy, summed up another poster's feelings:

Brian: So, what you're saying is that what you experienced in the simulation didn't really happen, or even matter?

Stewie: Yes, that's correct.

Brian: So, it was sorta like a dream?

Stewie: No, it was a simulation.

Brian: Yes, but, theoretically, if someone watched the events of that simulation from start to finish, only to find out that none of it really happened, I mean...you don't think that would be just like a giant middle finger to them?

Stewie: Well, hopefully, they would have enjoyed the ride.

Brian: I don't know, man. I think you'd **** a lot of people off that way.

aretood2
November 14th, 2009, 08:34 AM
*snort*

Didn't SGA do this more than once? Thus I blame them...*Hides the fact that SG-1 started it*

jelgate
November 14th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I think Daniel has Chloe beat by a mile:P

Commander Zelix
November 14th, 2009, 08:40 AM
At first I thought it was a wink by the writers at all those in the fandom who wanted to see Chloe dead. But then I realize the episode was written and filmed maybe months ago. ;) LOL

As for the Kenny reference. We'll see if she dies in the next episode. Its the first time dies, no?

Briangate78
November 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
*snort*

LOL, yeah I read that also. That was hilarious. Being a huge Family Guy fan I thought that was hilarious. :p

Briangate78
November 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM

The series is still young my friend. :p

MattSilver 3k
November 14th, 2009, 08:45 AM
LOL, yeah I read that also. That was hilarious. Being a huge Family Guy fan I thought that was hilarious. :p

You? A Family Guy Fan? NO! ;)

Besides, I think the writers are setting Scott up to be the Butt Monkey while offworld. The first planet he's on explodes. Nearly gets sunburned to death, falls down a crevasse, then gets diseased on the Jungle Planet. Then gets bitten on the same planet and wakes up to find himself the last one alive. Then he dies or something. Then, in a second timeline, he finds out Chloe's dead before seeing the other three on the team get killed. He's the survivor again, and is left to die on the Jungle Planet in that timeline!

Jeez, what's next?

reddevil18
November 14th, 2009, 08:49 AM
She needs to stay dead next time, damn it.
I expect her to be toast by the season 2 premiere.

jelgate
November 14th, 2009, 08:54 AM
She needs to stay dead next time, damn it.
I expect her to be toast by the season 2 premiere.

Right after Greer get shot in the back by Rush

reddevil18
November 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Right after Greer get shot in the back by RushI may just have to accept that as a necessary loss, as long as Chloe bites the dust.

jelgate
November 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I may just have to accept that as a necessary loss, as long as Chloe bites the dust.

Then we will be bitter together my friend. Lets band together to watch Scott die

Briangate78
November 14th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Then we will be bitter together my friend. Lets band together to watch Scott die

I'm for that one! :p

reddevil18
November 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Lets band together to watch Scott die
After his Darth Vader moment in "Time", I'm seriously considering it.

Commander Zelix
November 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM
They don't need to kill Chloe just give her less screen time. ::devil::
** me ducking Jelgate tomatoes***

Hopefully she will becomes an expert at something important along the line.

If I was the writer. I would be gutsy. And would have Chloe find and put her head in some ancient repository database on the ship. You know the thing that grabbed O'Neill head in Antarctica and made him build a super power unit. So she would become the Ancient expert on the ship. Obviously somebody would need to shoot the database and pull her out before she gets too many information and she then dies.

Now she would then be interesting and useful.

reddevil18
November 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM
If I was the writer. I would be gutsy. And would have Chloe find and put her head in some ancient repository database on the ship. You know the thing that grabbed O'Neill head in Antarctica and made him build a super power unit. So she would become the Ancient expert on the ship. Obviously somebody would need to shoot the database and pull her out before she gets too many information and she then dies.

Now she would then be interesting and useful.The only way that would become interesting would be if her head exploded when Scott shot the database head-sucky thingy.

Coronach
November 14th, 2009, 09:19 AM
In lieu of the lack of real thought around here, here's my fake answer:

I hope Chloe lives throughout the whole series, and ends up becoming the ship's concubine. Furthermore, I hope we start to see at least 30/45 mins of each episode devoted to romance and character drama.

Finally, I hope that we get an episode where everyone thinks Chloe died, but she magically (inexplicably?) shows up alive at the very end of the episode. Actually, make it 10 episodes...or 20.

There, did I do it right?

Briangate78
November 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Life

Rush dials the gate not realizing that Chloe is standing in front of it. She goes Kawoosh with the event horizon.

Col Young: "You killed Chloe, you B****rd!!!" "Needs a lot of work"

*But then the crew wakes up and it was only a dream*

Commander Zelix
November 14th, 2009, 09:30 AM
In lieu of the lack of real thought around here, here's my fake answer:

I hope Chloe lives throughout the whole series, and ends up becoming the ship's concubine. Furthermore, I hope we start to see at least 30/45 mins of each episode devoted to romance and character drama.

Finally, I hope that we get an episode where everyone thinks Chloe died, but she magically (inexplicably?) shows up alive at the very end of the episode. Actually, make it 10 episodes...or 20.

There, did I do it right?

Yes you did. After SGU they should create a new SGU spin-off for teenagers:

Stargate: The adventures of Miss Chloe

Maybe it could be an SGU prequel. Depicting the story of Chloe and her friends before the Destiny. :D

Coronach
November 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Yes you did. After SGU they should create a new SGU spin-off for teenagers:

Stargate: The adventures of Miss Chloe

Maybe it could be an SGU prequel. Depicting the story of Chloe and her friends before the Destiny. :D

That would be...strange, lol. I sort of wonder what type of premise they'll come up with next...assuming they do. I mean, I'd love to see Stargate continue (after a long run of SGU, preferably), but it'll be interesting to see what kind of show they decide to do if it gets to that point :P

Also (in case it's not abundantly clear already), my real thoughts are that I do hope Chloe does not die (at least not soon and without purpose), because I really want to see her grow as an individual and fulfill her goals of not being the useless one on the ship. Go Chloe! :)

thekillman
November 14th, 2009, 10:41 AM
she dies like, once, twice in one episode? Jack died hundreds of times (FOR REAL) in Abyss, Daniel Jackson died lots of times. and now they compare her to KENNY (who is killed off and re-incarnated without explanation?)

wargrafix
November 14th, 2009, 10:55 AM
The series is still young my friend. :p

there lots of chances to off Chloe. lol

RJLCyberPunk
November 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM
A big :D LMAO :D at this thread.

she dies like, once, twice in one episode? Jack died hundreds of times (FOR REAL) in Abyss, Daniel Jackson died lots of times. and now they compare her to KENNY (who is killed off and re-incarnated without explanation?)

Chill out is not a serious comparison, it was obviously made out of jest...

Captain Obvious
November 14th, 2009, 11:45 AM

It would be funny if every season there was a " kill Cloe" episode. Time travel, deep comas, getting lost on planets, etc.

Sp!der
November 14th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Life

Rush dials the gate not realizing that Chloe is standing in front of it. She goes Kawoosh with the event horizon.

Col Young: "You killed Chloe, you B****rd!!!" "Needs a lot of work"

*But then the crew wakes up and it was only a dream*

LMAO .... so funny dude!

prion
November 14th, 2009, 11:53 AM
You? A Family Guy Fan? NO! ;)

Besides, I think the writers are setting Scott up to be the Butt Monkey while offworld. The first planet he's on explodes. Nearly gets sunburned to death, falls down a crevasse, then gets diseased on the Jungle Planet. Then gets bitten on the same planet and wakes up to find himself the last one alive. Then he dies or something. Then, in a second timeline, he finds out Chloe's dead before seeing the other three on the team get killed. He's the survivor again, and is left to die on the Jungle Planet in that timeline!

Jeez, what's next?

First, the South Park comment was hysterical, as was the Family Guy quoting.

And, one critic (think it was Variety) called Lt. Scott "fanfiction fodder" so one could assume he'll get the crap beaten out of him on a regular basis.

But will Chloe die all the time? Well, it would give her something to do..... ;)

thekillman
November 14th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Chill out is not a serious comparison, it was obviously made out of jest...

i was amazed that someone compared her to kenny. as i said, if they had called her "daniel of SGU" then that would be a true fan.

mmmm....

kill chloe episode?

sounds cool.

Giantevilhead
November 14th, 2009, 01:10 PM
*snort*

That's happened quite a few times, there's 2010, Before I Sleep, Moebius, This Mortal Coil, The Last Man, and Continuum.

Replicator Todd
November 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I think Chloe will become everyone's favorite character by the end if the series...just you wait...all of you will be saying sorry to Jelgate! :P

Gollumpus
November 14th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Didn't SGA do this more than once? Thus I blame them...*Hides the fact that SG-1 started it*

A name that will forever live in TV infamy: Bobby Ewing.

regards,
G.

Lightning Ducj
November 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM
A name that will forever live in TV infamy: Bobby Ewing..

thought of that... (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=10836600#post10836600)

metabog
November 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't say it was a reset button event, the episode was left open-ended, we can even assume the loop went on many times over, or got stuck forever.

Arica15
November 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Sigh all the Chloe love, I'm coming over all nostalgic like (swap Chloe for Keller).......:p

Seriously though, other than damsel in distress what exactly can they do with Chloe?

Gollumpus
November 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
thought of that... (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=10836600#post10836600)

I'm putting it down to that "great minds..." thing, rather than the second part of the old saying. ;)

regards,
G.

Alteran of Atlantis
November 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM

LOL too true :P

RJLCyberPunk
November 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Also (in case it's not abundantly clear already), my real thoughts are that I do hope Chloe does not die (at least not soon and without purpose), because I really want to see her grow as an individual and fulfill her goals of not being the useless one on the ship. Go Chloe! :)
I hope for that too...:cool:

leiasky
November 14th, 2009, 08:12 PM
OMG, someone posted this on the SyFy forums. I cannot stop laughing...

I felt it needed it's own thread.

LOL! Oh, yes, it did.

Too bad they won't really kill her off.

Encoder
November 15th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I haven't laughed that hard for ages lol!

:sheppard:

Eternal Density
November 15th, 2009, 05:16 AM
I think Daniel has Chloe beat by a mile:PBut I don't find Daniel attractive!

jelgate
November 15th, 2009, 07:00 AM
But I don't find Daniel attractive!

Good. Because it would be creepy if you did.

CaptainMorgan
November 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I'd be happy if they just offed Chloe for good. She just sucks as a character. Her only contribution to the show is that she makes Scott look like a tool and Eli look pathetic.

I like the idea of her being the ship concubine. When they realize they won't ever make it home they need to start breeding with the females. Chloe being the youngest girl has the most childbearing years, so they should have a lottery to choose the order of who gets to have a child with her. I bet she could fit in a child for every man on the ship.

Replicator Todd
November 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
But I don't find Daniel attractive!

Daniel Jackson is waaaay too awesome to be attractive.

Eternal Density
November 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I'd be happy if they just offed Chloe for good. She just sucks as a character. Her only contribution to the show is that she makes Scott look like a tool and Eli look pathetic.

I like the idea of her being the ship concubine. When they realize they won't ever make it home they need to start breeding with the females. Chloe being the youngest girl has the most childbearing years, so they should have a lottery to choose the order of who gets to have a child with her. I bet she could fit in a child for every man on the ship.*twitch*
Seriously... <insert non-vague disclaimer involving a shovel>

Phenom
November 16th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I skipped page 2 of this thread due to a probably undiagnosed ADD but...

has anyone started a death count yet on SG characters?? Obviously Jackson is leading but from memory most of the leads have died at least once and then come back in whatever circumstances deemed necessary.

CaptainMorgan
November 16th, 2009, 03:10 AM
I don't seriously want or expect anything as absurd as that, but in all seriousness so far she is worthless. I don't blame the actress, to me this is just not a character I can find it in me to like. She can only be a whiny burden on the entire crew for so long until the writers have to make her grow up and find something productive to do. I understand that this version of Stargate is supposed to be about more realistic people handling extraordinary circumstances, but she has to step up and take on a role at some point.

I guess for me the interesting part of the show will be how things go when the people accept they aren't going home any time soon. Don't get me wrong I am thoroughly enjoying SGU, but that is what I'm really looking forward to.

Commander Zelix
November 16th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Its not the actress but the character. I respect the idea of having a different character. But at least Vala, who also didn't have any direct skils, had an interesting personality (irreverent, self-motivated, etc). Which made her interaction with the rest of the crew and the reaction to the weekly mystery/adventure interesting. Chloe doesn't have any of that. She has a hateful personality and she serve no purpose. Dr. Crusher in the next generation is really feminine, but she still got an interesting personality.

I wish they really give her a solid purpose on the ship. I wasn't joking when I expose some drastic change on this site for her. The ancient library, her being a Lucian Alliance spy "acting up" (maybe not even the real "Chloe" but a clone). The other solution is to give her less screen time. I really wish something happen to her, so she becomes very interesting.

Arica15
November 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Its not the actress but the character. I respect the idea of having a different character. But at least Vala, who also didn't have any direct skils, had an interesting personality (irreverent, self-motivated, etc). Which made her interaction with the rest of the crew and the reaction to the weekly mystery/adventure interesting. Chloe doesn't have any of that. She has a hateful personality and she serve no purpose. Dr. Crusher in the next generation is really feminine, but she still got an interesting personality.

I wish they really give her a solid purpose on the ship. I wasn't joking when I expose some drastic change on this site for her. The ancient library, her being a Lucian Alliance spy "acting up" (maybe not even the real "Chloe" but a clone). The other solution is to give her less screen time. I really wish something happen to her, so she becomes very interesting.

Good point, and I think you've hit the nail on the head. The idea of Chloe is far better than the reality of Chloe. Sure it's fun to think what an ordinary Joe would do thrown into the world of Stargate, and it even makes a fun episode (I'm thinking of the body swap episode they did with O'Neill and the stones) but when you try to stretch it out over more than one episode you quickly realise that 'ordinary' characters have no place in the world of the extraordinary situations that Stargate by its very concept creates. Maybe it is slightly annoying to have genius all over the shop solving every problem, trouble is, I think it's even worse when you let the ordinary characters loose.

Personally I think they should either make Chloe interesting in some way (become possessed for good by an ancient blah blah blah) or they admit defeat and have her exit, Airlock Left as soon as possible.

Lord Hurin
November 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Remember Star Trek: Voyager? When it became clear to Berman and Braga that the fans despised Janeway, they tried to kill her in as many alternate realities, separate timelines or dream sequences that they could think of. I think Kate Mulgrew must've had a clause in her contract saying that she couldn't be written out of the show without her consent!

Lightning Ducj
November 16th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Maybe she should've stayed an Army Major?

koroush47
November 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Well not really. But I'll tell you guys what happened.

I saw the second version of the destiny... (the one where chloe dies from the sickness..)

When she died... me, my friend, and my little bro all stood up and starting cheering. We started to dance and throw popcorn all around. It was the best thing so far in the show.

Next thing you know scott sends a kino back. We felt like we got hit the face with a hammer.

So how did you guys react when chloe died the 2nd time? Discus.

escyos
November 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
i had no reaction as i was pretty sure that they would change history again

P-90_177
November 16th, 2009, 05:27 PM
me too. Obvious that she isn't going to die anytime soon.

Commander Zelix
November 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I was worried. I knew SGU would not be the same without Chloe (I thought about a contract dispute explaining her death). I also thought about stopping watching the show at this very moment, but my gf made me realize she may be revived in some way.

She represent somebody which isn't ready to work on the Destiny right away, but need to work her way to become an important part of the team. Her character is unique and an integral part of what make SGU, SGU.

In short, I was disappointed, worried, angry at the writers, sad.

jelgate
November 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Am I the only one who find cheering that a character died a little disturbing?

Atlantean2005
November 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Jel.. for once, I agree with you! :)

Ashizuri
November 16th, 2009, 05:36 PM

No, you're not alone. It's especially disturbing considering that other than being a bit irritating (which is completely subjective) she's done absolutely nothing to warrant such animosity.

Replicator Todd
November 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I'm glad Chloe is still alive.

Commander Zelix
November 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I'm joking a bit. But this subject has been beat to death. While her character is not really good up to this point, I'll see what the writers have in store for her for this first season. The character knows she's useless so she will probably try to do something about it. The actress does a great job at portraying her as an uptight rich girl, not ready to face such hash circumstances.

gottaluvit
November 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Well said. It shows the complete lack of empathy and compassion for other human being. Sign of a psychopathic personality or at least someone with deep emotional problem (probably related to his abusive father). Just saying.

Crap. She's just a character, a figment of somebodies imagination enacted for our entertainment. It shows a lack of empathy for a non-existent 'person/character', not for another human being at all. I find cheering a little over the top (I sure didn't have the urge to do so) but not as much as this statement. Methinks some folks forget what reality really is.

Jack_Bauer
November 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Well said. It shows the complete lack of empathy and compassion for other human being. Sign of a psychopathic personality or at least someone with deep emotional problem (probably related to his abusive father). Just saying.

You mean fictional character right?

Commander Zelix
November 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I have no time to talk to you guys. I think I'm going to watch the new SAW movie tonight. But you guys are wrong.

gottaluvit
November 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I have no time to talk to you guys. I think I'm going to watch the new SAW movie tonight. But you guys are wrong.

Oh man. So glad I don't live in your neighborhood. I do not want to try to psychoanalyze any personality that enjoys watching "human beings" getting chopped up and tortured. Freak your are! Freak I say! :P

koroush47
November 16th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Human being?

It is a TV show. They are acting, they aren't real.

Time for you kids to get your head out of fairy tail land, my little cousin who is a 9 year old girl is harder than you guys.

You mean fictional character right?

Yeah seriously, These guys crack me up.

KEK
November 16th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Human being?

It is a TV show. They are acting, they aren't real.

Time for you kids to get your head out of fairy tail land, my little cousin who is a 9 year old girl is harder than you guys.

Yeah seriously, These guys crack me up.

Yet you're jumping and cheering an imaginary death? LOL.

koroush47
November 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Yet you're jumping and cheering an imaginary death? LOL.

We were having a good time with the guys, if you can't understand that then I guess you never hang out with people much.

We thought "yes this tv show is going to be so much better now!" because with chloe gone we will not get MTV drama between her, scott, and eli. What is this the OC?

RJLCyberPunk
November 16th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Characters are indeed fictional but that doesn't stop people to develop an attachment to them in the TV shows they watch. It is easy to see given SIGs here that some people here are Chloe fans despite the fact that her character is a rich snotty girl that would gladly sell her arm and a leg to be out of that ship and back at her 90210, The OZ social kind of life back on Earth.:cool:

KEK
November 16th, 2009, 07:58 PM
We were having a good time with the guys, if you can't understand that then I guess you never hang out with people much.

We thought "yes this tv show is going to be so much better now!" because with chloe gone we will not get MTV drama between her, scott, and eli. What is this the OC?

I don't hang around with the type of people that would start sqeeing like little girls when a fictional character they don't like dies, and I think if I did that anywhere near them they'd probably disown me :S

gottaluvit
November 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I don't hang around with the type of people that would start sqeeing like little girls when a fictional character they don't like dies, and I think if I did that anywhere near them they'd probably disown me :S

You may be surprised. It would depend which fictional character it was. Almost everyone has come across characters that they loath and hoped would meet an untimely end. Some folks just like to pretend maturity and act above such human reactions. (all the while listing The Simpsons, Futurama and other such shows as their all time favs. ;) )

gottaluvit
November 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Characters are indeed fictional but that doesn't stop people to develop an attachment to them in the TV shows they watch. It is easy to see given SIGs here that some people here are Chloe fans despite the fact that her character is a rich snotty girl that would gladly sell her arm and a leg to be out of that ship and back at her 90210, The OZ social kind of life back on Earth.:cool:

You are quite right. I have some deep affection for a number of fictional characters, but I would hesitate calling someone who expresses enjoyment at those characters being killed off psychotic or lacking compassion/empathy for real people etc.

There are many likes and dislikes on message boards and often heated arguments, but when it comes to the crunch we are talking about fictional characters that couldn't care less about whats being said about them because they don't exist, so rather then get heated and brandish name calling around I find it's better to simply ignore opinions that I find affronting about my favs.

Lord Hurin
November 16th, 2009, 09:21 PM
You are quite right. I have some deep affection for a number of fictional characters, but I would hesitate calling someone who expresses enjoyment at those characters being killed off psychotic or lacking compassion/empathy for real people etc.

There are many likes and dislikes on message boards and often heated arguments, but when it comes to the crunch we are talking about fictional characters that couldn't care less about whats being said about them because they don't exist, so rather then get heated and brandish name calling around I find it's better to simply ignore opinions that I find affronting about my favs.

I'll have to agree that it's both a little harsh to cheer a character's death (especially when she's not a villain! Baal's death, maybe, but Chloe's?) and that calling them a "human being" is over the top. I believe Zelix probably simply misspoke, but I could be wrong.

The problem is that a lot of people have taken their hatred for characters like Chloe and Matthew Scott and transposed it onto the actors. There were (apparently, I never saw them first hand) horrible posts on Brian J Smith's Twitter page, because people who didn't like his fictional character decided it was the actor's fault. Zelix could also have been commenting on this, since I'm pretty sure I've seen (not here because it's monitored diligently and a zero tolerance policy is in effect) posts saying that Elyse Levesque should die. THIS is going WAAAAY beyond dislike of a fictional character into scary territory.

CaptainMorgan
November 16th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I'll have to agree that it's both a little harsh to cheer a character's death (especially when she's not a villain! Baal's death, maybe, but Chloe's?) and that calling them a "human being" is over the top. I believe Zelix probably simply misspoke, but I could be wrong.

The problem is that a lot of people have taken their hatred for characters like Chloe and Matthew Scott and transposed it onto the actors. There were (apparently, I never saw them first hand) horrible posts on Brian J Smith's Twitter page, because people who didn't like his fictional character decided it was the actor's fault. Zelix could also have been commenting on this, since I'm pretty sure I've seen (not here because it's monitored diligently and a zero tolerance policy is in effect) posts saying that Elyse Levesque should die. THIS is going WAAAAY beyond dislike of a fictional character into scary territory.

I actually was slightly saddened at Baal's death because he was such an awesome bad guy, and was quite thrilled at Chloe dying (mostly the first time because of how cool it was to see one of those creatures burst through her).

I don't feel like I'm over the line at all hoping horrible things happen to Chloe because as others have pointed out, she is a fictional character. I harbor no ill will towards the actress at all. This is just like how I absolutely hate everything about Twilight, especially Edward Cullen, but I don't have anything against Robert Pattinson.

Lord Hurin
November 17th, 2009, 03:44 AM
I don't feel like I'm over the line at all hoping horrible things happen to Chloe because as others have pointed out, she is a fictional character. I harbor no ill will towards the actress at all. This is just like how I absolutely hate everything about Twilight, especially Edward Cullen, but I don't have anything against Robert Pattinson.

That's the point though. You personally may not have anything against any of the actors, but there are those out there who apparently do and this kind of thing fans the flames of their misplaced hatred.

Captain Obvious
November 17th, 2009, 04:07 AM
I actually was slightly saddened at Baal's death because he was such an awesome bad guy, and was quite thrilled at Chloe dying (mostly the first time because of how cool it was to see one of those creatures burst through her).

This is just like how I absolutely hate everything about Twilight, especially Edward Cullen, but I don't have anything against Robert Pattinson.

who is to say baal is 100% gone? Just one of those cloned snakes needed to hop into a different shell to avoid detection. for all we know Spencer is one of the baal clones.

Also, am I the only one seeing Eli as some kind of "pop culture savant", predicting events just by having seen a ton of movies?

and while there are many that share your twilight opinion, be careful exactly which threads you tack its responses on to brother!

EDIT- Woot, first Lt.!

Arwis
November 17th, 2009, 04:32 AM

Maybe because she's totally useless character on this show and everyone has to baby sit her because she's senators daughter.... We will probably see more episodes with her when they get to the trouble and she's just a dead weight that crew has to carry. She's like a 5th leg for a dog, give me a good reason why it isn't like that.
<mod snip>

Aeyame
November 17th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I know I cheered for a moment when she died, but then I became bummed as I realized she wouldn't stay dead. I hate her. It has nothing to do with her uselessness, it's her personality.

Encoder
November 17th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I think that Chloe's role is to allow a social aspect of younger women to be explored in this particular scenario.

We've had geeks on sci-fi forever, but how many beautiful young women have we had the privilege of understanding, ESP. in a sci-fi environment!

Regardless of her "usefulness", her perspectives and reactions to situations are still reflective of the type of women that she represents.

jelgate
November 17th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I think that Chloe's role is to allow a social aspect of younger women to be explored in this particular scenario.

We've had geeks on sci-fi forever, but how many beautiful young women have we had the privilege of understanding, ESP. in a sci-fi environment!

Regardless of her "usefulness", her perspectives and reactions to situations are still reflective of the type of women that she represents.

I think you nailed it right on the head. Yes Chloe is useless and that is the point. Its to show what would happened if an everyday person was stranded on the Destiny. How would we react and how would we contribute?

Girlbot
November 17th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I think you nailed it right on the head. Yes Chloe is useless and that is the point. Its to show what would happened if an everyday person was stranded on the Destiny. How would we react and how would we contribute?
I think an everyday person would do just the same as they would do in a crisis here on earth, say a hurricane or tornado, they would pitch in and help out, not find the nearest guy and make out.
Chloe is more inept than the average person, she takes up space and resources. IMO

jelgate
November 17th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I think an everyday person would do just the same as they would do in a crisis here on earth, say a hurricane or tornado, they would pitch in and help out, not find the nearest guy and make out.
Chloe is more inept than the average person, she takes up space and resources. IMO

Thats a lot easier in a hurricane where you know how to help out. Here not so much

Girlbot
November 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Thats a lot easier in a hurricane where you know how to help out. Here not so much
Hey she could be washing sheets, heaven knows hers need some washing. Or helping in the kitchen washing dishes, but no, she meanders around, taking showers and drooling over Scott.

I think by calling her the average person, it's an insult to average people everywhere who rally in a crisis.

Commander Zelix
November 17th, 2009, 07:33 AM
If Chloe dies whats going to provide the soapy stuff for the show? Oh wait, they still can have a love triangle between TJ, Young and his wife. Throw in Telford for good measure. The show is saved. :rolleyes:

Lord Hurin
November 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hey she could be washing sheets, heaven knows hers need some washing. Or helping in the kitchen washing dishes, but no, she meanders around, taking showers and drooling over Scott.

I think by calling her the average person, it's an insult to average people everywhere who rally in a crisis.

Ok, we've got 8 45-minute episodes out of a 4-6 week timeframe. Who's to say she doesn't do stuff to help out and they're just not showing it?

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2009, 03:56 PM
some people here are Chloe fans despite the fact that her character is a rich snotty girl that would gladly sell her arm and a leg to be out of that ship and back at her 90210, The OZ social kind of life back on Earth.:cool:To suggest that she desperately wants to return to that life shows a lack of understanding for the character.
Also, why do you say 'despite' as if it's a bad thing?

Aeyame
November 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Agreed.

Ok, we've got 8 45-minute episodes out of a 4-6 week timeframe. Who's to say she doesn't do stuff to help out and they're just not showing it?

It's possible she does help, but as far as her role in the main story lines, it makes her look useless. Her only role is being in a love triangle with Eli and Scott. Which just makes her look more and more pathetic because she's just there for drama. Why doesn't the IOA chick show up more in the same situations that Chloe does? They can contribute the same amount, except the IOA chick doesn't cause drama.

Eternal Density
November 17th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Her only role is being in a love triangle with Eli and Scott.I don't agree with that statement.

Jack_Bauer
November 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I don't agree with that statement.

Ditto. She's far more than that. She's an example of someone who has no skills relevant to the running of the Destiny (to date). Her character reflects what most of us would be like if stuck on the Destiny, an intelligent young uni graduate, whose skills, while important in human society which we have created here on Earth is all but useless in the running of the Destiny.

While she is by no means my favourite character, I can relate to her more than any other. I myself am doing a degree in the social studies field, which isn't a huge stretch from what Chloe has done in Political Science.

She is by no means there ONLY to be in a love triangle. That's just what fandom has concentrated on.

RJLCyberPunk
November 17th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Ditto. She's far more than that. She's an example of someone who has no skills relevant to the running of the Destiny (to date). Her character reflects what most of us would be like if stuck on the Destiny, an intelligent young uni graduate, whose skills, while important in human society which we have created here on Earth is all but useless in the running of the Destiny.

While she is by no means my favourite character, I can relate to her more than any other. I myself am doing a degree in the social studies field, which isn't a huge stretch from what Chloe has done in Political Science.

She is by no means there ONLY to be in a love triangle. That's just what fandom has concentrated on.

Well if they do ever run across some alien civilization her skills might be of use after all.;)

jcainhaze
November 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I want a Chloe dart-board.

ewnif
November 17th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I blame SGA for this.

I blame TPTB for this. Chloe must go!

Mitchell82
November 19th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Right after Greer get shot in the back by Rush

Works for me I hate Greer but I don't want Chloe to die though she likely will.

jwgrlrrajn
November 19th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I don't necessarily want Chloe to die, but I have to admit that I would have been overjoyed by her death had I not had some kind of feeling that she would be brought back somehow.

I'm not going to lie to you, I don't like Chloe. But killing her off isn't the only option, they could make her character more interesting, they could write her off the show (doesn't have to mean that she dies), they could simply reduce her screen time. Point is, I have a hard enough time trying to like this show, but Chloe is making it rather difficult.

Besides, if they were to reduce her screen time, they could use that time to develop some other characters.

natyanayaki
November 26th, 2009, 02:33 PM

I like the idea of her being the ship concubine. When they realize they won't ever make it home they need to start breeding with the females. Chloe being the youngest girl has the most childbearing years, so they should have a lottery to choose the order of who gets to have a child with her. I bet she could fit in a child for every man on the ship.

I'd love it if Chloe was offed, but even better would be to see Chloe disappear into the background, I just don't want to see or hear her onscreen ever...

Why is it so hard for people to understand that if a boring character, who has been focused on TOO MUCH over the 9 episodes is removed that the show would improve? And I know a lot of people don't think it's the actress, and it's just the character, but I disagree. A better actress would be able to make me sympathize with the characters situation, she's useless on the ship, her father died, I should feel sorry for her, but because the actress seems to be the weakest link on the show, and because the character is over-used and has nothing interesting to do...I just can't stand her. Remove her, and let Lt. James, or Dr. Park replace her, as the interesting female. Those actresses seem to be far more capable, and those characters seem to have a lot more potential than Chloe.

That's the point though. You personally may not have anything against any of the actors, but there are those out there who apparently do and this kind of thing fans the flames of their misplaced hatred.

I agree that hating an actor is unfair; however hinting at an actor's inability to convey emotions is fair, IMO.

Girlbot, very well said.

Again, Agreed.

I don't think it's just what the fandom has concentrated on, I think it's what the writers have concentrated on AND it's what the actor has brought to the role. There are several less developed characters on the show, who are interesting because of what the actors have brought to the characters.

Additionally, like you said Chloe has had experience in Political Science, she's hinted that she has done some work in the realm of her father's campaigning (PR, speeches etc) she doesn't have to wait for aliens, she could be useful now. Apprentice with Wray or something, not fall in love with a soldier, and go clubbing and get pissed of because her best friend and ex-boyfriend have hooked up, while she's billions of light years away on a spaceship.