Time? As in 36 odd hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time? As in 36 odd hours?

Why did the ship stop for more then 36 hours? Did someone find the magic pause button?

Originally posted by Time View Post
    Why did the ship stop for more then 36 hours? Did someone find the magic pause button?
    The ship allocates time to stop on its own, different for each planet. It probably takes into account size, habitability, etc.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It's an exploration ship. It stopped for 12 hours on desert and ice planets--devoid of life. It stopped for 36 on a jungle planet teeming with life. Makes sense to me.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Did anyone say the ship only stops for 12 hours at every planet? I think people are making assumptions about things way to early in the game. They said it was only stopping for 12 hours at the specific planet they were at. Never did they say it always stopped for only 12 hours.

Making assumptions in a SciFi story is the best way to dissapoint yourself.

- CB
        Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
        Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

The ship doesn't always have to stop twelve hours. It can stop more, or less. There are several factors that are taken into consideration when stopping. Like number of Stargates in range, the planets' habitability, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            It's an exploration ship. It stopped for 12 hours on desert and ice planets--devoid of life. It stopped for 36 on a jungle planet teeming with life. Makes sense to me.
            makes sence to me too

Comment

I didn't even realize it stopped longer! Well, I forgot about the 12 hour thing too, I knew the ship would leave in an alloted time though....

Comment

Simple Answer, because it wanted to.

Longer answer-

I would be that the ship takes into account scientific curiosity and crew needs before deciding how long to stop. The ancients very likely could have surveyed the whole planet, grabbed supplies and done their "exploring" with their full crew in 36 hours.

Comment

"Simple Answer, because it wanted to."

sounds the best. Its' a ship ment to survey the planets which have been seeded. A planet with little to no life (the desert planet of Air PT3 and the ice planet of water) only warranted a little time (12 hrs). THIS planet was teaming with life, so warranted more time.

Comment

Easy explanation, they seemed to be foraging.

Rush probably told the ship, "We need food", it stopped, provided a 12 hour window for the crew. So rush updated his instruction to the ship, "We need food or we start eating the ship itself" and the ship rather cleverly descided to give them a little more time for safekeeping.

Comment

maybe the only reason it stopped for 12 hours before was it knew it was losing power and as such wanted to get to a star quickkly

Comment

Working...
                      X