fps(first person shooter) view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fps(first person shooter) view

Interesting view I would say. I liked the direction of this episode because it was different. It was kinda like playing an fps. Although, we are used to the third person view I liked it how it we were behind the actual player. A significant improvement from last week's boring episode MASSIVE I would say.

Originally posted by globex View Post
    Interesting view I would say. I liked the direction of this episode because it was different. It was kinda like playing an fps. Although, we are used to the third person view I liked it how it we were behind the actual player. A significant improvement from last week's boring episode MASSIVE I would say.
    I think every gamer thought about FPS when they saw that point of view. I was surprise there wasn't more recoil from Eli. And yeah the episode was like night and day with that "Earth" soap opera crap from last week.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The similarity to FPS that I did not like was the "game resets." All in all though, it was a good episode.
      Why do I like Stargate? Best premise for low budget sci fi ever. It took me at least 5 seasons to start liking Jack O'Neill. The Re'tu are my favorite SG alien perhaps followed by the Reole.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        I think every gamer thought about FPS when they saw that point of view. I was surprise there wasn't more recoil from Eli. And yeah the episode was like night and day with that "Earth" soap opera crap from last week.
        I have to agree. This is my first Stargate Series (I've gone back and watched up to season six of SG1 so far), but I have to say, the character development is good, but don't let it engulf the series. I didn't start watching SGU to see something I could watch on daytime soaps with a 'scientific twist,' I want vice-versa.

Comment

i loved how Eli strapped a Kino to his cap and walked around. that, was great, it was awesome, and it really contributed to the idea of "i am here"

KINO = biggest win of stargate!

Comment

The kino device is the greatest plot element ever done. i wonder if it slices, dices, and handles up to 4 speeds?

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
              The kino device is the greatest plot element ever done. i wonder if it slices, dices, and handles up to 4 speeds?
              we learned quite a bit about that little adorable ball. For example.....

its not bulletproof....

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                we learned quite a bit about that little adorable ball. For example.....

its not bulletproof....
                I see a kinosode coming...

Eli: Damnit Greer, how many times do I have to tell you to stop using the kinos for target practice?

Comment

Its interesting, but i'd rather not see too much of the FPS anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Its interesting, but i'd rather not see too much of the FPS anymore....
                    I figure maybe 1 or 2 episodes a season with Eli as a cameraman, giving you the "Eli eye view" of things.

Comment

Time is the best Stargate Universe episode to date, period. It had suspense, a little bit of horror.
                      Spoiler:
                      The only problem was the whole reset thing, which I can live with. To have such a beautiful premise of the Stargate going through a solar flare, and you know what is exactly going to happen when it happens...I mean anyone with a brain would have thought of it. Why try to live when you can save everyone?
                      Anyway...it was a great episode.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                        Are you forgetting about the stargate?

Comment

While i kinda liked it in doom, i hated it with tonights ep..

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                            Time is the best Stargate Universe episode to date, period. It had suspense, a little bit of horror.
                            Spoiler:
                            The only problem was the whole reset thing, which I can live with. To have such a beautiful premise of the Stargate going through a solar flare, and you know what is exactly going to happen when it happens...I mean anyone with a brain would have thought of it. Why try to live when you can save everyone?
                            Anyway...it was a great episode.
                            Is it really saving everyone to go back or forward in time, cutting yourself off from your only means of dialling home and potentially walking into a wormhole that's going to take you to night sometime in said time difference?

Of course they didnt know the time travel/solar flare problem, but they knew that an unstable wormhole could kill them and it may not have even been connected to the Destiny, so thru a simple malfunciton, they end up marooned on a planet on the ass end of the Sloan Great Wall, while the Destiny speeds off into oblivion.

Comment

Best episode of the series to date imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X