Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU something i find farfetched

SGU

well we know Destiny is a followup ship to the gate seeders and destiny was launched several million/hundreds of thousands of years ago and the seeder ship must have been launched even earlier right? so we can asume the seeders seeded the planets long before destiny arrives within range to connect to the gate right? my point being why the hell would the gates be acsessable? like in "water" the gate was on a fricking ice planet so considdering logic it would be covered by snow and perhaps several meters of ice mening it would be impossible to go there.
    also air part 3 the desert/sand planet so the gate has stood there for god knows how long and not gotten covered by sand? come on!

i know this is just a slight issue and that im nitpicking but its buggin me quite abit and im surprised no one has mentioned this before.

who agrees and who disagrees that this is strange?
    Last edited by Alx; 13 November 2009, 12:26 PM.

Do we have a quote to support that the seeder ships were sent out ahead of the Destiny? Any reason they couldn't have left at the same time (or relatively close?)

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
      Do we have a quote to support that the seeder ships were sent out ahead of the Destiny? Any reason they couldn't have left at the same time (or relatively close?)
      From what I recall, the seeder ships and the destiny are century's apart - meaning, the seeder ships were launched a century or so before the destiny left.

I dont recall the exact source of this info, but I beleive it was from an interview done by gate world with brad wright

Comment

Centuries in the scale of time, distance, speed that SGU is set are trivial I'd think.

These ships could very well be (and likely are in interstellar distances) right next door to each-other.

Comment

The Gates produce an electrostatic change, that repels grains of sand and snow, in sandstorms and snowstorms and the like.

That's a good explaination I've heard.

Comment

maybe that's why the Scientists in Air never returned? the gate was upside down or so. they went through and fell back, killing them

Comment

The destiny locks out any gates it deems unsafe, I'm guessing being stuck under miles of ice or sand would count in that, there must be some subspace signal that lets the destiny know.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                The destiny locks out any gates it deems unsafe, I'm guessing being stuck under miles of ice or sand would count in that, there must be some subspace signal that lets the destiny know.
                I don't think it 'locks out', but is more like 'unable to dial due to interference'. Like burying your gate.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  I don't think it 'locks out', but is more like 'unable to dial due to interference'. Like burying your gate.
                  No, it locks them out, as shown in 'Air part 3' they are able to override the lock out and dial the planet as shown when the scientist and soldier went through.

Comment

also it may explain why so few gates are avalible.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
                      I can't quote anything to support the notion, but I thought when the original notion for SGU was being publicized, it was said the seeder ships got sent out first to put the stargates on the various planets, and then many years later the Destiny was sent out unmanned to check up on them. But I could be wrong in that assumption.

Comment

what I find strange is that they have gates in quite hostile environment.
                        or was is on purpose (to get some raw elements from the planets).
                        Don't they choose planets that can be fitting for them to live in it?
                        That's the excuse they said in SG1, to explain why all the landscapes looked like Vancouver

Comment

what I find strange - is how they got all that huge hydroponic equipment onto destiny [as seen in the episode space]...
                          ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                            SGU

well we know Destiny is a followup ship to the gate seeders and destiny was launched several million/hundreds of thousands of years ago and the seeder ship must have been launched even earlier right? so we can asume the seeders seeded the planets long before destiny arrives within range to connect to the gate right? my point being why the hell would the gates be acsessable? like in "water" the gate was on a fricking ice planet so considdering logic it would be covered by snow and perhaps several meters of ice mening it would be impossible to go there.
                            also air part 3 the desert/sand planet so the gate has stood there for god knows how long and not gotten covered by sand? come on!

i know this is just a slight issue and that im nitpicking but its buggin me quite abit and im surprised no one has mentioned this before.

who agrees and who disagrees that this is strange?
                            How is this any different from the uninhabited planets in SG-1 and Atlantis with stargates?
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              maybe that's why the Scientists in Air never returned? the gate was upside down or so. they went through and fell back, killing them
                              No, it seems that most of the gates on SGU don't have DHD's. On 'Air', you see them using a psp looking device to dial back to Destiny.

Comment

Working...
                              X