White board vs Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White board vs Computers

At one moment, Eli asked Rush why was he using a white board for his work, instead of using the computers.

I don't know for you, but when I'm working on a problem, I like to use a pen & paper (if not white board) rather than looking at a computer screen and type on the keyboard.

Maybe it's how my brain was trained ...

How about you? can you do everything on a computer as efficiently as with a pen & paper?

I much prefer pen and paper. As well as a whiteboard. For some people that just how it is. Isn't really all that unusual it's just that Eli is a techno geek that does his best work with computers and Rush much prefers to work it out by hand......So same thing.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      I much prefer pen and paper. As well as a whiteboard. For some people that just how it is. Isn't really all that unusual it's just that Eli is a techno geek that does his best work with computers and Rush much prefers to work it out by hand......So same thing.
      I find whiteboards, pencil-paper, etc.. to be much more efficient at the initial brain-storming point for quickly getting a grasp on the issues and structures of a problem. Computers come when it's time to start putting meat behind the ideas
      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

yeah, for calculations, computers are good, once you entered the proper formulas, but for analytical investigations, my brain prefers to to write on paper and be free to move my pen as quick as i want on the paper, cross things out, highlight other stuff, link different elements with lines & arrows, etc... and have my head looking down and not up the screen..

Comment

For me, pen and paper are a lot quicker to jot down stuff as well as can be erased quicker/.

Comment

Working...
          X