retreiving the data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retreiving the data

sorry but how on earth were they going to bring the data back. sorry if i missed it but as far as i can tell the only communication is by transfering bodies unless they have some one with a photographic amazing mind the data is trapped on the ship right you can't send it as a e-mail right.

Originally posted by miles27 View Post
    sorry but how on earth were they going to bring the data back. sorry if i missed it but as far as i can tell the only communication is by transfering bodies unless they have some one with a photographic amazing mind the data is trapped on the ship right you can't send it as a e-mail right.
    They figured out how to integrate the communication stones into human technology. I would imagine the data gets transmitted through that somehow.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by miles27 View Post
      If powering the Stargate with a star had allowed for a full, normal wormhole to be formed then someone could have just walked it through on a hard drive with themselves.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

they have laptops, iassume they would take them back with them

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          they have laptops, iassume they would take them back with them
          How exactly would they do that? The stones switch the peoples conciseness, they don't take anything physical back with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
            How exactly would they do that? The stones switch the peoples conciseness, they don't take anything physical back with them.
            i meant when they go through the gate, they would take the laptops they have with them back to earth

Comment

so far, we have not been showed if data is being sent back. It just looks like the person has to tell someone on earth whats happened, or write a mission report using the eath persons body.

Comment

Good old fashion human memory

Actually if you watch SG1, Earth already have technologies to retrieve data from human brain and convert it into computer hard drive format.

The Goa'uld memories tech , then in S9 or 10 ,SG1 find some friendy human from another planet , they retro-reengineer the goa'uld memory tech and improve it , so they can record memory and other people replay it into their head.
                Cameron was frame for murder and the murder's memory was put into his brain so even he believe he may have done it.

And later Cameron record his memory and give the device to his sick friend, so his dying can experience his advanture for the last yr before he die.

And their is also the VR chair, which can put someone into a virtual reality , it is so real ,that it could kill.The virtual enviroment is base on the user 's memories.

All they have to do is everytime someone switch body back on earth, then plug his head onto the device, the computer will copy what he/she saw and experience on desinty in destail.

Comment

Kidwizz is right...

As far as we know, there is no direct way of transfering data through the communication stones.

As far as we know, the earth based person (while being inhabited by a Destiny based conscious) would have to write it down, or through some of the other devices already mentioned, have it "copied."

BUT.. either way.. There still is the possibility of human error creeping into the copy. People's perception of reality is different from person to person. Simplest example. What if a Destiny persron was color blind? And while controling a Earth-bound body. Could describe some colors on a display incorrectly.

Comment

conciousness exchange is already data exchange. it shouldn't be THAT hard.

Comment

i dont think so. people dont have prefect memories. kind of like some peoples ideas to tell atlantsi where the destiy is and have them come get them (despite the obvious power requirments) how are they to communicate where they are in the universe.

Rush: "we went out 51 galaxies, come find us"

theres no way to communicate that data through people, the universe has moved around in the millions of years and they have no idea which direction they took after each galaxy

Comment

The answer for sending data back via the stones is really simple
                        Spoiler:
                        simply attach a fax machine to the terminals
                        "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                        "That he is concealing something."
                        "Like what?"
                        "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                        "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                        "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                        "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Sci-fi can become so complicated sometimes...

Comment

Not really. I think the first reply in this thread already answered the question as best as we can determine at this point.

*cough*
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Not really. I think the first reply in this thread already answered the question as best as we can determine at this point.

*cough*
                              actually i think all they did was manage to find a way of duplicating a smaller version of the terminal and a way to shut it down. the stones create a link bwteen people but need a terminal to swap bodies.

if they had a way of sending infomration that far they would get rid of the stones and just sue the terminal

Comment

Working...
                              X