PDA

View Full Version : Myka Bering/Pete Lattimer ship thread.

Gem of Tigress
November 9th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Calling all who think that Myka and Pete should get together!:D:D:D

badwolfSG
November 9th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm here! I'm so for the ship! :)

Gem of Tigress
November 10th, 2009, 11:23 AM
YAY!! I'm not alone! :D

DSG1
November 10th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Calling all who think that Myka and Pete should get together!:D:D:D

Nope. They are friends and I think we don't need to turn the only show I watch into a another soap opera.:D

jelgate
November 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I just don't see any romantic chemistry between the two. I see them as friends and nothing.

SunKrux
November 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM
The potential is there but I don't want it to happen right away.

lordofseas
November 10th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I would rather have them hook up with others. But, I see that there can be something.

badwolfSG
November 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
The potential is there but I don't want it to happen right away.

I agree, it knew some nice long romantic tension...

Gem of Tigress
November 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I agree, it knew some nice long romantic tension...

Yeah.

somebody said they would be dating in season two. i think it was one of the head guys, i can't remember who. it was part of the spoilers for season 2

badwolfSG
November 11th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah.

somebody said they would be dating in season two. i think it was one of the head guys, i can't remember who. it was part of the spoilers for season 2

That should be interesting!!! :)

Gem of Tigress
November 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah it will! :D:D

badwolfSG
November 11th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah it will! :D:D

:cool:

Gate Ranger
November 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Sign me up! :D:D:D:D:D:D

badwolfSG
November 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Sign me up! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome!

Gate Ranger
November 14th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks. I think Pete and Myka should get together, not yet but it needs to happen.

yessika
November 14th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I think they should be together
They are dating on season two?? That sounds like fun and crazyness :cool:

Gem of Tigress
November 15th, 2009, 07:29 AM
They are dating on season two?? That sounds like fun and crazyness :cool:

yes they're going to date in season 2. i can't wait! :D

badwolfSG
November 15th, 2009, 12:49 PM

:P :jack_new_anime07:

jelgate
November 15th, 2009, 12:50 PM

I believe that was a rumor a fan started. Because I have heard no offical word on it.

SunKrux
November 15th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I believe that was a rumor a fan started. Because I have heard no offical word on it.

I'm with you, haven't heard anything official and we probably won't since all I've heard they've said is that IF it happens it won't be right away but later like S3 or later.

badwolfSG
November 15th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm with you, haven't heard anything official and we probably won't since all I've heard they've said is that IF it happens it won't be right away but later like S3 or later.

Oh, well! Season three would be better anyway!

Gem of Tigress
November 16th, 2009, 05:51 AM
it's been confirmed, they are going to date in season 2. i remember reading the article, but i just have to find it.

jelgate
November 16th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Just make sure the article is legit. I've read quite a few they were based in lies.

The reason I am skepetic if because such a thing was true it would have spread over the net like wildfire and I just haven't seen that

badwolfSG
November 16th, 2009, 11:48 AM
it's been confirmed, they are going to date in season 2. i remember reading the article, but i just have to find it.

Maybe you should fine the article... that way we all know for sure.

SunKrux
November 16th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I know that on the MGM London Expo vids Joanne is keen for it but Eddie's not since he thinks having them hook up would kill the show. I personally think it will all depend on how the writers handle it because I can totally see Pete & Myka together because of Eddie & Joanne's chemistry. But as I've said, I don't want it happening right away because really right now they're still in the "he's/she's so annoying but cute phase" of their friendship. I think if they rush into it, it would ruin it.

Gem of Tigress
November 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
yeah, you guys are right. i'm really starting to feel stupid. :o

SunKrux
November 17th, 2009, 09:39 PM
GoT - don't feel stupid because I certainly wasn't out to make you feel that way. It's always best to have the link to any article you read when you want to share it with others. That way they can go check it themselves.

I highly doubt anyone else here was out to make you feel stupid.

*HUG*

Gem of Tigress
November 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM
thanks SunKrux. you're right about no one out to make me feel stupid. i'm just making myself feel stupid. *hugs*

Gem of Tigress
November 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
okay. just found the article and re read it. turns out i miss read it. now i feel reeeeeealllly stupid. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Soooooooooooooooooorry. :o:o:o:o

Gem of Tigress
November 18th, 2009, 06:12 PM
one of those " go out and shoot yourself in the foot" "open mouth, insert foot" moments. :o:o:o:o:o

SunKrux
November 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM
GoT - do you have the link to the article?

Stop feeling like you did something wrong because I don't think you did. It was an honest (hopeful) mistake. It's all good. :D

Gem of Tigress
November 18th, 2009, 06:16 PM
thanks SunKrux. it's on the second page of the Warehouse 13 news and articles thread. it was posted by Jelgate. and i don't know how to link yet, but i'll find out.

jelgate
November 18th, 2009, 07:13 PM
thanks SunKrux. it's on the second page of the Warehouse 13 news and articles thread. it was posted by Jelgate. and i don't know how to link yet, but i'll find out.

If your talking about the article I think you are talking about their was talk about giving Claudia a boyfriend. Maybe that is where you got confused.

Is this the one? (http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=3529)

To write links
[URL="the web link here"]This text will appear in blue[//URL]

Just only use one backslash in the the second URL tag. I added that to deactivate the link coding

Linda06
November 19th, 2009, 10:15 AM
:eek: Jel in a ship thread? http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_356.gif

Gem of Tigress
November 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks Jel. yeah that was the one. :o

badwolfSG
November 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM
okay. just found the article and re read it. turns out i miss read it. now i feel reeeeeealllly stupid. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Soooooooooooooooooorry. :o:o:o:o

Don't feel too bad, I do this to myself all the time!

Gem of Tigress
November 20th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks guys.

SunKrux
November 20th, 2009, 06:29 AM
:eek: Jel in a ship thread? http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_356.gif

Don't worry, he's not shippin' them. He's saying they shouldn't get together. You can stop fainting now. ;)

Linda06
November 20th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Don't worry, he's not shippin' them. He's saying they shouldn't get together. You can stop fainting now. ;)

Oh phew...I was getting worried the world was gonna end ;)

jelgate
November 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Oh phew...I was getting worried the world was gonna end ;)

I'm not opposed to the idea but based on what S1 showed us its too much too soon

Linda06
November 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm not opposed to the idea but based on what S1 showed us its too much too soon

I didn't really see a....Romantic connection between them *shrugs* I saw potential for them to become really good friends but that's it :o

SunKrux
November 21st, 2009, 02:11 PM
I didn't really see a....Romantic connection between them *shrugs* I saw potential for them to become really good friends but that's it :o

For me that's the best kind of romantic relationship, you start out as good friends and then it goes from there. Most of the "ships" I ship over the years have been like that. They're more interesting because to me, they're a bit more real than the "OMG I MUST GET INTO HIS/HER PANTS NOW!!" type relationships. Relationships based on the sex alone are boring, imho.

As much as I do see the potential for Myka & Pete to be more than good friends, I don't want it rushed...any relationship that is rushed isn't as good as one that builds over time. :D

Linda06
November 22nd, 2009, 05:49 AM
For me that's the best kind of romantic relationship, you start out as good friends and then it goes from there. Most of the "ships" I ship over the years have been like that. They're more interesting because to me, they're a bit more real than the "OMG I MUST GET INTO HIS/HER PANTS NOW!!" type relationships. Relationships based on the sex alone are boring, imho.

As much as I do see the potential for Myka & Pete to be more than good friends, I don't want it rushed...any relationship that is rushed isn't as good as one that builds over time. :D

Yeah, kinda like Odo/Kira (DS9), Now that is a prime example on how to go from an acquantance to a friend to best friend to love :D If it's done something like this then it's made of win ;)

SunKrux
November 22nd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, kinda like Odo/Kira (DS9), Now that is a prime example on how to go from an acquantance to a friend to best friend to love :D If it's done something like this then it's made of win ;)

Didn't watch DS9 all that much but yes, any really lasting ship on a tv show is always one that builds over time. There are a handful of ships that are like that and I hope that Pete & Myka become one of them...in time. Right now I'm really enjoying them as they are. :D

badwolfSG
November 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM

I agree! A friendship that leads to romantic feeling is way better then a lust couple leading to sex.

Linda06
November 23rd, 2009, 05:42 AM
Didn't watch DS9 all that much but yes, any really lasting ship on a tv show is always one that builds over time. There are a handful of ships that are like that and I hope that Pete & Myka become one of them...in time. Right now I'm really enjoying them as they are. :D

Well ask Jel about Odo/Kira ;) As far as I know it's the only relationship he's liked on TV ;) It was built up over time, took them 6 years mind you but it was all worth it in the end :D A lot of other scifi shows, heck even normal shows could learn a thing or two about how to write relationships from DS9 :D

jelgate
November 23rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Well ask Jel about Odo/Kira ;) As far as I know it's the only relationship he's liked on TV ;) It was built up over time, took them 6 years mind you but it was all worth it in the end :D A lot of other scifi shows, heck even normal shows could learn a thing or two about how to write relationships from DS9 :D

Not true. I have other ships I support. I'm just not telling you

Linda06
November 24th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Not true. I have other ships I support. I'm just not telling you

ah right, well you don't ship just for the sake of shipping then? I'm assuming they have to be well written and show good chemistry between the characters also? And also it should add to the overall show? a la DS9 ;)

jelgate
November 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM
ah right, well you don't ship just for the sake of shipping then? I'm assuming they have to be well written and show good chemistry between the characters also? And also it should add to the overall show? a la DS9 ;)

Correct. A pairing has a lot to show me before I acknowledge it. Which is why I have many shows where I do not ship at all

Linda06
November 25th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Correct. A pairing has a lot to show me before I acknowledge it. Which is why I have many shows where I do not ship at all

Yes, this is very wise indeed :) There's quite a few shows where I don't ship anybody too ;) I have to see something between the characters for me to ship them, and I don't yet see anything like that between Pete and Myka. I do however see snippets that they could become really good friends and who knows, maybe it could develop into more from there ;)

Gate Ranger
December 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I would love to have Jack-Sam relationship with them. That would be really nice.

SunKrux
December 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I would love to have Jack-Sam relationship with them. That would be really nice.

You mean the "let's do nothing with the awesome chemistry between our leads" type of Jack/Sam relationship? No thank you. I'd rather they do something and risk ruining the show then wasting 10 or more years on the awesome chemistry between Eddie & Joanne. I HATE that the SG1 PTB did nothing with the awesome chemistry between Amanda and RDA. They wasted their talents in that respect.

Gem of Tigress
December 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
good point SunKrux. :D

badwolfSG
December 7th, 2009, 09:21 PM
You mean the "let's do nothing with the awesome chemistry between our leads" type of Jack/Sam relationship? No thank you. I'd rather they do something and risk ruining the show then wasting 10 or more years on the awesome chemistry between Eddie & Joanne. I HATE that the SG1 PTB did nothing with the awesome chemistry between Amanda and RDA. They wasted their talents in that respect.

OMG, I know... I don't think I could take it. They were the best couple, that never got together. They hints, babbed, and pushed, but nothing. It drove me crazy!!! :eek: And I watched the show after it was over, so, I watch all of the seasons in about 3 or 4 mouths, and that annoyed me, after 4 years of that, I'd start kicking myself.

Gate Ranger
December 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM

:o Sorry. :o And no ,not That type of Sam/Jack relationship.

SunKrux
December 8th, 2009, 06:45 PM
:o Sorry. :o And no ,not That type of Sam/Jack relationship.
Don't be embarrassed. I just think that the relationship Sam/Jack SHOULD have had was wasted. I would have liked them together as well but noooooo TPTB couldn't be bothered to do more than tease and then torture us.

Gate Ranger
December 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Don't be embarrassed. I just think that the relationship Sam/Jack SHOULD have had was wasted. I would have liked them together as well but noooooo TPTB couldn't be bothered to do more than tease and then torture us.

:) Yeah. :)

bklynscififan
May 13th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Yes. I ship Pete and Myka. I love their bantering with each other. I hope they eventually get together. They're my favorite potential pair of the sci-fi shows, since they screwed my other pairings for forced couples, or they were on shows they cancelled.

bklynscififan
May 13th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I agree! A friendship that leads to romantic feeling is way better then a lust couple leading to sex.

I agree. I would get tired of being bombarded by couples starting out that way. I like when they start off bantering, or they tease each other, and an attraction builds from there, like the good ole days of Remington Steele and Laura. That kind of thing.

SunKrux
February 8th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Hey if you're on Tumblr there is a Myka/Pete shipper Tumblr (http://myka-pete.tumblr.com/) feel free to follow, submit pics, tell us why you want/like Myka/Pete as a potential ship.

yessika
February 8th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Hey if you're on Tumblr there is a Myka/Pete shipper Tumblr (http://myka-pete.tumblr.com/) feel free to follow, submit pics, tell us why you want/like Myka/Pete as a potential ship.

Sweet! :)

KayleeLiz
September 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM

I am so following that :D

SunKrux
September 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Yay! :D More Myka/Pete shippers. :D Please just remember, Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice. It is okay for others to have a ship that you don't agree with, but it is not, imho, okay to disrespect those other ships. Ship wars are stupid.

yessika
September 19th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Yay! :D More Myka/Pete shippers. :D Please just remember, Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice. It is okay for others to have a ship that you don't agree with, but it is not, imho, okay to disrespect those other ships. Ship wars are stupid.

I don't have tumblr but I do enjoy checking all the Myka/Pete things :)

Actually, sometimes ship wars can be fun :P

SunKrux
September 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I don't have tumblr but I do enjoy checking all the Myka/Pete things :)

Glad to hear it. :)

Actually, sometimes ship wars can be fun :P

You've obviously never had anyone tell you, you're wrong for shipping who you ship because of how there is "no chemistry" between the couple you ship.

You've obviously never had anyone tell you, you're wrong for NOT seeing the obvious subtext between two female characters and that you're delusional for shipping a hetero couple instead.

So while I get that you're joking, I don't think ship wars are fun at all. They're just a way to put up dividers between fans and spread hate. Neither of which are fun, imho.

yessika
September 20th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Glad to hear it. :)

:)

You've obviously never had anyone tell you, you're wrong for shipping who you ship because of how there is "no chemistry" between the couple you ship.

You've obviously never had anyone tell you, you're wrong for NOT seeing the obvious subtext between two female characters and that you're delusional for shipping a hetero couple instead.

So while I get that you're joking, I don't think ship wars are fun at all. They're just a way to put up dividers between fans and spread hate. Neither of which are fun, imho.

Yes I have, and I was only half joking. Ship wars are not the worst thing that can happen to fandom and they are unavoidable because we all have different tastes and we want to convince one another.

SunKrux
September 21st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Yes I have, and I was only half joking. Ship wars are not the worst thing that can happen to fandom and they are unavoidable because we all have different tastes and we want to convince one another.

Actually ship wars are avoidable, if people would use respect. I do not want to convince anyone that they're wrong for shipping who they ship, I don't care. I care that people disrespect another ship to make themselves feel better about their own ship. That's wrong.

Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice. It's not that hard really.

TeamTeslen
December 23rd, 2011, 04:38 AM
I personally think they should get together!

yessika
December 23rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
I personally think they should get together!

Me too!

But I don't think it'll happen :(

hlndncr
September 25th, 2014, 06:21 PM
VINDICATED!!!!

I finally got all caught up on Warehouse 13. I got apathetic about it for a while largely because of all the talking down of the Pete/Myka ship. People kept saying it was never going to happen and that was a good thing. That annoyed me. I thought they had great chemistry from the beginning and should end up together. I never got a brother/sister vibe from them.

I'm so happy the PTB finally took the plunge, even if I did have to wait for the very last episode. It's so great to have a ship that actually ends with cannon confirmation (I'm glaring at you Stargate PTB for S/J).

What a fun show with a great ending; although, there are so many more stories that could be told and I'm sad they won't be made.