PDA

View Full Version : other websites talk of Fringe doom

retiredat44
November 8th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I hope this talk of Fringe being canaclled are not true.. just some other websites/forums are chatting about that... that would truly suck!

:(

maddmike
November 9th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Woah I really hope that's not true. I would be extremely disappointed.

LtColCarter
November 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Woah I really hope that's not true. I would be extremely disappointed.

As would I. I have read that the ratings are down since it jumped to Thursday night. Thursday is a tough night. IDK why the show was moved to Thursday. TPTB don't make sense sometimes.

the fifth man
November 9th, 2009, 06:42 PM
As would I. I have read that the ratings are down since it jumped to Thursday night. Thursday is a tough night. IDK why the show was moved to Thursday. TPTB don't make sense sometimes.

Simple solution - MOVE IT BACK TO TUESDAY NIGHT!

LtColCarter
November 10th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Simple solution - MOVE IT BACK TO TUESDAY NIGHT!

Maybe we should start a petition to move Fringe back to Tuesday nights...where it rocked. IMHO it rocks whatever night its on...

queen_hathor
November 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Which website(s) are saying this? Does someone have a link?

maddmike
November 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
God i love Thursdays now because fringe and house are on lol, I don't see how Thursday is a bad night.

LtColCarter
November 10th, 2009, 12:27 PM
God i love Thursdays now because fringe and house are on lol, I don't see how Thursday is a bad night.

Ummm....House is on Mondays...at least the new episodes. And when you have long established shows like Supernatural (which I also watch) on Thursdays...those sortta religate newer shows to the DVR. Also Fringe is up against Grey's Anatomy, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and The Office in addition to the previously mentioned Supernatural. So, that's why the ratings aren't as good...and its why Tuesday would be a much better night for Fringe.

the fifth man
November 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Ummm....House is on Mondays...at least the new episodes. And when you have long established shows like Supernatural (which I also watch) on Thursdays...those sortta religate newer shows to the DVR. Also Fringe is up against Grey's Anatomy, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and The Office in addition to the previously mentioned Supernatural. So, that's why the ratings aren't as good...and its why Tuesday would be a much better night for Fringe.

Yeah, it has too much competition on Thursday night. Tuesday nights were perfect IMO.

Killdeer
November 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Which website(s) are saying this? Does someone have a link?

Here's one link -

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/10/fringe-time-to-be-afraid-very-afraid/33257

the fifth man
November 10th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I really hope ratings are up some this week. We need them to be.

queen_hathor
November 11th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Here's one link -

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/10/fringe-time-to-be-afraid-very-afraid/33257

Fringe has always been shown a Sunday night here.... seems to work well!

LtColCarter
November 11th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah, it has too much competition on Thursday night. Tuesday nights were perfect IMO.

I really hope ratings are up some this week. We need them to be.

I agree with both statements...maybe we should over throw TPTB... ;)

the fifth man
November 11th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I agree with both statements...maybe we should over throw TPTB... ;)

At FOX? I am all for that.

LtColCarter
November 12th, 2009, 06:25 AM
At FOX? I am all for that.

Yes...at Fox :D Viva La Resistance!

the fifth man
November 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Yes...at Fox :D Viva La Resistance!

Why stop there? I am all for world domination.:D Then we can really choose what kind of programs we have on TV.

Easter Lily
November 12th, 2009, 09:01 PM
No! Really?
Are these websites reliable though?
Sigh. Just when the show is building towards something. I don't know anything about ratings but the Fringe Facebook page seems to be very popular. The audience is there I'm sure.

Angela V
November 13th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe Fox is on a Kill Sci-Fi kick? Sarah Connor, Dollhouse and now Fringe? Naw, that'd be too evil.:D

DarkAsgard
November 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I hope Fringe is not on its way out, I love the show.

Being a sci-fi nerd (and proud of it) shows like SGU, FlashForward seem to no longer utilize such sci-fi elements anymore like parallel realities or time travel (Flashforward - seeing the future and traveling to the future are two different things).

The Prophet
November 13th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I think everyone likes to assume shows will be cancelled at any little hint they get. Everyone says that TV Show X will be cancelled at the end of the season if it's ratings are lower than the previous season, but usually it's just rumours, unless it's something with terrible ratings.

Doomsayers, eh? :rolleyes:

maddmike
November 14th, 2009, 07:15 AM
I am busy on mondays so i watch the re-run on thurs

the fifth man
November 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I think everyone likes to assume shows will be cancelled at any little hint they get. Everyone says that TV Show X will be cancelled at the end of the season if it's ratings are lower than the previous season, but usually it's just rumours, unless it's something with terrible ratings.

Doomsayers, eh? :rolleyes:

Many of us have just had way too many bad experiences in the past with this kind of thing. Good shows getting wrongfully axed.

LtColCarter
November 16th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Many of us have just had way too many bad experiences in the past with this kind of thing. Good shows getting wrongfully axed.

Amen :)

queen_hathor
November 16th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I think I'll wait and see what the Fox Newsletter that I get on a monthly basis says... there's always rumours about these things, but at the end of the day.... it's JJ Abrams... the guy's a money spinner for them, and with the next season of Lost being the last, they're gonna need Fringe to pay the bills! :P

LtColCarter
November 16th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I think I'll wait and see what the Fox Newsletter that I get on a monthly basis says... there's always rumours about these things, but at the end of the day.... it's JJ Abrams... the guy's a money spinner for them, and with the next season of Lost being the last, they're gonna need Fringe to pay the bills! :P

Ooo...how does one supscribe to this newsletter?

queen_hathor
November 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Ooo...how does one supscribe to this newsletter?
D'ya know, I've been getting it that long I can't rememeber!! :lol:

Let me see if I have an old one stashed away in my e-mails and I'll post a link! :D

LtColCarter
November 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
D'ya know, I've been getting it that long I can't rememeber!! :lol:

Let me see if I have an old one stashed away in my e-mails and I'll post a link! :D

Oklie doklie! :D sounds good! ;)

queen_hathor
November 16th, 2009, 12:07 PM
OK, I found some from a couple of months back (I had a clear out recently, typical lol) and the web adresses on them are here - you just register your e-mail address.

Fox (http://www.fox.com/) themselves

VIP fanclub (http://www.vipfanclubs.com/) - this one has merchandise etc, but they're the ones who send out more regular updates on the actual shows for some reason!

Edit: there's the Fring mini-site (http://www.fox.com/fringe/) too, which has it's own specific newsletter!

LtColCarter
November 17th, 2009, 06:32 AM
OK, I found some from a couple of months back (I had a clear out recently, typical lol) and the web adresses on them are here - you just register your e-mail address.

Fox (http://www.fox.com/) themselves

VIP fanclub (http://www.vipfanclubs.com/) - this one has merchandise etc, but they're the ones who send out more regular updates on the actual shows for some reason!

Edit: there's the Fring mini-site (http://www.fox.com/fringe/) too, which has it's own specific newsletter!

Very cool! :D Thank you!

queen_hathor
November 17th, 2009, 12:09 PM
No problem! :D

LtColCarter
November 18th, 2009, 06:26 AM
No problem! :D

I tried to Green ya for the link...but GW said I needed to spread the green before I could green ya again. :S

the fifth man
November 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I tried to Green ya for the link...but GW said I needed to spread the green before I could green ya again. :S

I really don't like that policy sometimes.:)

queen_hathor
November 19th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Don't worry about it, but thanks for the thought! :D

I really don't like that policy sometimes.:)
Yeah me too. I tend to give out too much in the free green thread, then when I'm in a 'normal' thread I can't do it! :rolleyes:

jds1982
November 24th, 2009, 06:21 PM

I don't think the end of LOST makes any difference to FOX, unless it's produced by FOX but airs on ABC.

Alan Wake
November 25th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Isn't it two different stations?

Lost is ABC
Fringe is Fox

but none the less, if we're talking about a show that we think might get cancelled, and it's on fox... well... you guys should just start packing your bags now. It's probably true.

the fifth man
November 25th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Isn't it two different stations?

Lost is ABC
Fringe is Fox

but none the less, if we're talking about a show that we think might get cancelled, and it's on fox... well... you guys should just start packing your bags now. It's probably true.

I really hope that isn't the case. Fringe is such an amazing show, with compelling characters and story-lines. If FOX cancels it, I will be upset beyond words.

Alan Wake
November 25th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Good thing this is all rumors right now, and it's probably unlikely since the ratings are still fairly good.

This show probably has another 2 or so years left. Hopefully much more.

the fifth man
November 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Good thing this is all rumors right now, and it's probably unlikely since the ratings are still fairly good.

This show probably has another 2 or so years left. Hopefully much more.

I really hope that is true, at the very least.:)

LtColCarter
November 26th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I really hope that is true, at the very least.:)

I do too! Another 2 years or so would be awesome!

the fifth man
November 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I do too! Another 2 years or so would be awesome!

And give them time, if necessary, to actually give this show an adequate ending.

Easter Lily
November 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
The time/length isn't so important but there has to be some kind of closure. A beginning, middle and end. What I hate the most is good shows getting the plug before the entire arc gets completed.

LtColCarter
November 27th, 2009, 06:59 AM
The time/length isn't so important but there has to be some kind of closure. A beginning, middle and end. What I hate the most is good shows getting the plug before the entire arc gets completed.

I understand what you're saying here! I hate when I show gets the plug pulled and there's no sense of closure. However, I don't feel that Fringe is near the plug pulling stage. And until we hear something like that from Fox...there's no need to worry!

the fifth man
November 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I understand what you're saying here! I hate when I show gets the plug pulled and there's no sense of closure. However, I don't feel that Fringe is near the plug pulling stage. And until we hear something like that from Fox...there's no need to worry!

I really do hope that it isn't near that stage yet.

LtColCarter
November 30th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I really do hope that it isn't near that stage yet.

Lets keep the positive toughts!

the fifth man
November 30th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Lets keep the positive toughts!

I certainly will.:) And I don't know about you, but I can't wait until the new episode Thursday night.

LtColCarter
December 1st, 2009, 06:27 AM
I certainly will.:) And I don't know about you, but I can't wait until the new episode Thursday night.

I am looking forward to it! :) Gotta support Fringe! ;)

the fifth man
December 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
I am looking forward to it! :) Gotta support Fringe! ;)

Especially considering it is well worth the support. I really hope FOX doesn't make a stupid decision concerning this show. I really, really want a third season.

LtColCarter
December 2nd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Especially considering it is well worth the support. I really hope FOX doesn't make a stupid decision concerning this show. I really, really want a third season.

You, me, and a bunch of others want a third season!

the fifth man
December 2nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
You, me, and a bunch of others want a third season!

Then FOX better just give it to us.:)

LtColCarter
December 3rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Then FOX better just give it to us.:)

I know right! ;)

:lol:

New episode tonight! :D

the fifth man
December 3rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
I know right! ;)

:lol:

New episode tonight! :D

I know, I am recording it right now. I can't wait to watch it in a little bit.:)

LtColCarter
December 4th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I know, I am recording it right now. I can't wait to watch it in a little bit.:)

I fell asleep on the couch. So, I'll have to watch it later. Gotta love DVRs :D

the fifth man
December 4th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I fell asleep on the couch. So, I'll have to watch it later. Gotta love DVRs :D

Yes, DVRs are a life-saver. It turned out to be a very good episode, at least IMO.

badwolfSG
December 5th, 2009, 10:06 PM
The talk of Fringe Doom, isn't really that doomy? lol.

LtColCarter
December 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Huh?

the fifth man
December 6th, 2009, 06:29 PM

Hopefully we are just worrying about nothing at all.

LtColCarter
December 7th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Hopefully we are just worrying about nothing at all.

Ahhh...is that what that meant? LOL

the fifth man
December 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Ahhh...is that what that meant? LOL

I believe so.

LtColCarter
December 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I believe so.

Ahhh...I'm lucky to have an interpreter

the fifth man
December 7th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Ahhh...I'm lucky to have an interpreter

If you are depending on me, you are in big trouble my friend.;)

Krisz
December 7th, 2009, 08:09 PM
No Fringe doom!!!!!!! It wouldn't be fair, everytime I get into what turns out to be a good entertaining show it gets axed. All the ones I don't really go for seem to end up with at least four seasons and more! Stargate SG-1 thankfully was an exception for me.

At least Supernatural carried on, that would have been a good example of crazy decisions if that met its doom after the second season. I would say such a decision for Fringe would be crazy in my book, so they'd better renew it!!!

badwolfSG
December 8th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Huh?

Sorry, someone was talking about DVR's so I figure the doom wasn't that bad!!! Whih I really hope so, I really like this show.

LtColCarter
December 8th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Sorry, someone was talking about DVR's so I figure the doom wasn't that bad!!! Whih I really hope so, I really like this show.

Ahhh...I think I started the DVR talk. I was being thankful I have a DVR because I fell asleep during last week's episode of Fringe, and thankfully my DVR recorded it! :D

badwolfSG
December 8th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Ahhh...I think I started the DVR talk. I was being thankful I have a DVR because I fell asleep during last week's episode of Fringe, and thankfully my DVR recorded it! :D

Oh, I can understand that... I used to have a DVR. I don't now...miss it everyday. LOL

LtColCarter
December 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
New Fringe tomorrow! YAY!!!

the fifth man
December 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Oh, I can understand that... I used to have a DVR. I don't now...miss it everyday. LOL

I really don't see how my wife and I could function without our DVR. We watch way too many programs that we can't always watch live.

the fifth man
December 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
New Fringe tomorrow! YAY!!!

I know! And it looks like another great one.:D

LtColCarter
December 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I know! And it looks like another great one.:D

I hope I'm home in time from my retarded meeting...if not the DVR is set.

the fifth man
December 10th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I hope I'm home in time from my retarded meeting...if not the DVR is set.

Yeah, that is how I will be watching it very shortly.:)

badwolfSG
December 10th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I really don't see how my wife and I could function without our DVR. We watch way too many programs that we can't always watch live.

Ya, so do I. I've learn to watch them the next day or when ever I can online, but it's not the same...

the fifth man
December 11th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Ya, so do I. I've learn to watch them the next day or when ever I can online, but it's not the same...

It is better than nothing though.

LtColCarter
December 14th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Yeah, that is how I will be watching it very shortly.:)

I still haven't watched Fringe from last week. I worked Thursday, late Friday, all day Saturday, and a half day Sunday.

the fifth man
December 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I still haven't watched Fringe from last week. I worked Thursday, late Friday, all day Saturday, and a half day Sunday.

Not seeing it for that long after it aired would drive me nuts.

LtColCarter
December 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Not seeing it for that long after it aired would drive me nuts.

Trust me...if you worked as much as I do...it wouldn't drive you nuts. You'd be thinking about not watching a TV show...you'd focus more on getting some sleep....

Anyhoo...I got to watch the episode last night, and I must say that it was another fine episode. I thought for sure that Peter was gonna find out the truth...

the fifth man
December 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Trust me...if you worked as much as I do...it wouldn't drive you nuts. You'd be thinking about not watching a TV show...you'd focus more on getting some sleep....

Anyhoo...I got to watch the episode last night, and I must say that it was another fine episode. I thought for sure that Peter was gonna find out the truth...

Soon enough, hopefully.

LtColCarter
December 16th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Soon enough, hopefully.

Yes...hopefully...

the fifth man
December 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Yes...hopefully...

The fallout should really be epic.

LtColCarter
December 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Ya know...I was thinking...this thread says that other websites are talking about the doom of Fringe. What are these "other websites" and why have no links been posted?

*edit* I looked back and saw one link posted...but the thread says "websites" as in more than one. So, where are these other websites?

Sp!der
January 5th, 2010, 02:33 AM
what is excatly this dvr? a recorder without a dvd or smth like that?

LtColCarter
January 5th, 2010, 07:24 AM
what is excatly this dvr? a recorder without a dvd or smth like that?

Its a digital video recorder. You don't need discs or anything like that to record your shows.

the fifth man
January 5th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Its a digital video recorder. You don't need discs or anything like that to record your shows.

And luckily, I have both.:) I usually DVR the show, and then record it onto DVDs with my DVD Recorder.

LtColCarter
January 5th, 2010, 06:09 PM
And luckily, I have both.:) I usually DVR the show, and then record it onto DVDs with my DVD Recorder.

I'm too lazy to do that. I just buy the shows on DVD...then I don't have to worry about cutting out the commercials.

the fifth man
January 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I'm too lazy to do that. I just buy the shows on DVD...then I don't have to worry about cutting out the commercials.

Yeah, I just can't afford to buy all the shows I want to right now. So the DVD Recorder is a nice option to have, you know?

LtColCarter
January 6th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I just can't afford to buy all the shows I want to right now. So the DVD Recorder is a nice option to have, you know?

I agree with ya! And you're right...the shows can be pricey

the fifth man
January 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I agree with ya! And you're right...the shows can be pricey

Yeah, unfortunately.:(

LtColCarter
January 7th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Yeah, unfortunately.:(

You can always put them on your Christmas list! Maybe Santa will bring 'em for ya! :D

the fifth man
January 7th, 2010, 06:10 PM
You can always put them on your Christmas list! Maybe Santa will bring 'em for ya! :D

Eventually, I do plan on that. But for now, the Recorder copies will do.:)

LtColCarter
January 8th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Eventually, I do plan on that. But for now, the Recorder copies will do.:)

Oklie doklie! :D

LtColCarter
February 8th, 2010, 08:25 AM
After the recent episodes...I say...

Down with the Doom!!!

:D

the fifth man
February 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
After the recent episodes...I say...

Down with the Doom!!!

:D

Most definitely.:) This season is really shaping up nicely. I can't wait to see what happens next.

LtColCarter
February 9th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Most definitely.:) This season is really shaping up nicely. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I know right! I hope they do well in the sweeps.

the fifth man
February 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I know right! I hope they do well in the sweeps.

That would be nice.

LtColCarter
February 10th, 2010, 08:23 AM
That would be nice.

That it would! :D

Dusk
February 13th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I think rumours of Fringe falling are alarmist and nothing more than hyperbole. The network knows they have a hit, and the audience is definitely there, but the right combination of factors needs to be tweaked to develop more momentum and acclaim.

To be honest though, the general public is far more likely to sit down and watch crime and reality shows that have been flogged beyond death. This is why I never associate high ratings with good quality shows. There are very few exceptions.

the fifth man
February 14th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I think rumours of Fringe falling are alarmist and nothing more than hyperbole. The network knows they have a hit, and the audience is definitely there, but the right combination of factors needs to be tweaked to develop more momentum and acclaim.

To be honest though, the general public is far more likely to sit down and watch crime and reality shows that have been flogged beyond death. This is why I never associate high ratings with good quality shows. There are very few exceptions.

I totally agree with you, believe me. I just wish TV networks felt the same way. Ratings seem to be all they care about. I sure hope FOX realizes just how special this show is.

Replicator Todd
February 14th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Ratings are getting lower each on EVERY channel it seems, I don't think TV networks should care about ratings anymore.

I hope this show isn't cancelled I have yet to watch it, but I'm going to and the past few shows I have started watching have been cancelled(like Dollhouse).

the fifth man
February 14th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Ratings are getting lower each on EVERY channel it seems, I don't think TV networks should care about ratings anymore.

I hope this show isn't cancelled I have yet to watch it, but I'm going to and the past few shows I have started watching have been cancelled(like Dollhouse).

Try and tell their advertisers that when it comes time to pay up. They want to know people are actually watching.

LtColCarter
February 15th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Try and tell their advertisers that when it comes time to pay up. They want to know people are actually watching.

This is true...its about the all mighty dollar!

the fifth man
February 15th, 2010, 08:18 PM
This is true...its about the all mighty dollar!

It may be very sad, but it is very true.

Madwelshboy
February 18th, 2010, 01:48 AM
At this point i do see the show coming back next year. Since this thread and the news that the show could be on the copping block, started last November the ratings have been recovering from the low of 4.9 million last November to 8.9 & 7.4 million with the last two episodes. Not to mention that the lasest DVR numbers showed a 2 million gain.

LtColCarter
February 18th, 2010, 10:05 AM
At this point i do see the show coming back next year. Since this thread and the news that the show could be on the copping block, started last November the ratings have been recovering from the low of 4.9 million last November to 8.9 & 7.4 million with the last two episodes. Not to mention that the lasest DVR numbers showed a 2 million gain.

Woo-hoo! Now lets just hope Fox sees it this way...

the fifth man
February 18th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Woo-hoo! Now lets just hope Fox sees it this way...

Same here. All we can do is keep watching, talk positive about this great show, and tell others about it.

Replicator Todd
February 18th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I didn't know the show was on hiatus as I was going to start watching it today! I plan on becoming a viewer! :cool:

the fifth man
February 19th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I didn't know the show was on hiatus as I was going to start watching it today! I plan on becoming a viewer! :cool:

It is great to hear that.:) New episodes begin again on April 1st.

LtColCarter
March 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Doom-shmoom! We've been renewed for a 3rd season! :D

the fifth man
March 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM

This news sure made my day.:)

pisces27
March 7th, 2010, 01:15 PM
WOO-HOO!! Bring on season 3!

Madwelshboy
March 7th, 2010, 01:47 PM

What did i tell you:

In me you should trust ;)

the fifth man
March 7th, 2010, 06:14 PM
What did i tell you:

In me you should trust ;)

Believe me, my friend, I do trust you. I learned that lesson long ago.:)

LtColCarter
March 8th, 2010, 06:27 AM
This news sure made my day.:)

Mine too! :D