Young and Rush. Us versus them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young and Rush. Us versus them?

Many interviews, posts, threads, and episodes have established that Colonel Young and Doctor Rush do not like each other. They have conflicting goals, differeing personalities, and iffy methods. And yet, in Earth we saw them working towards the same goal: removing Telford and returning the ship to status quo.

Scott does the same thing, asking Rush why he didn't let anyone else in on his plan and seemed oddly shocked that Rush answered "I didn't know who was on my side".

Is this the beginnings of a new-found crew unity? Where they may squabble amongst themselves and push and shove and bark at each other, but when the chips are down they pull together and get the job done?
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

The them being Telford?

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
      Many interviews, posts, threads, and episodes have established that Colonel Young and Doctor Rush do not like each other. They have conflicting goals, differeing personalities, and iffy methods. And yet, in Earth we saw them working towards the same goal: removing Telford and returning the ship to status quo.

Scott does the same thing, asking Rush why he didn't let anyone else in on his plan and seemed oddly shocked that Rush answered "I didn't know who was on my side".

Is this the beginnings of a new-found crew unity? Where they may squabble amongst themselves and push and shove and bark at each other, but when the chips are down they pull together and get the job done?

That's pretty much how real people act.

Young and Rush don't really get along. Young doesn't trust Rush, but neither of them is stupid enough not to realize thy need each other and they do have common goals.
      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

I think the events of this episode will lead to a far greater respect for Rush. I am pretty sure that he won over TJ in Water, he got more respect from Greer after Air 3 ( although Greer still doesn't like him, he respects him). This episode he might have won over Wray, Scott AND Young.

And of course Eli worships him from afar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
          It's little wonder Rush doesn't know who to trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
            The them being Telford?
            me also confused
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

When the crew saw how Telford and his people caut and run like a chicken.
              I think the crew will finally saw themself as a group who can only depend on each other.

Comment

I think you'll find that when people NEED to rely upon each other, they tend not to like it when external influences come in and upheave the balance that has been established, esp. when things are as tense as they are!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                  The them being Telford?
                  And the other 'Earth' people, perhaps. Reminds me of some speculation/fanfic I read a while back where the Atlantis Expedition considered themselves Atlantean first.
                  Why are Stargate scientists so awesome?

Comment

Rush will support anyone whose motives and goals are in line with his own - staying on the ship and exploring it.

as long as Young's plans line up with that, he and Rush are partners. but the second that Young's goals are different, Rush will turn on him.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Lets face it, the only reason earth is trying is to get the ship nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                        I think the events of this episode will lead to a far greater respect for Rush. I am pretty sure that he won over TJ in Water, he got more respect from Greer after Air 3 ( although Greer still doesn't like him, he respects him). This episode he might have won over Wray, Scott AND Young.

And of course Eli worships him from afar.
                        Scott and Young, maybe, but I dunno so much about Wray. She seemed pretty pissed at him that he sabotaged the whole test, she was really looking forward to that promotion of hers that she kept being passed up for.

Comment

wray wants to survive, certainly, but she also knows that the IOA wants the ship back on earth and she wants that too. that ship is the key to her promotion
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

rush and Young do not like eachtoher. however, Young is better to rush than Telford is.

Comment

Working...
                            X