PDA

View Full Version : The door behind the Stargate

Edi
November 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Was I the only one who noticed that there was that door open behind the Stargate?
What's with the door? Did I miss something? Looks like something important..

Coronach
November 7th, 2009, 11:02 AM
{snip}

I'm also wondering where that door goes too. Was it really open? I didn't notice this.

renboy
November 7th, 2009, 11:02 AM
That's where the Furlings live.

reddevil18
November 7th, 2009, 11:14 AM
It's...A BRAND.NEW.CAR!

jelgate
November 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
:daniel:
It's...A BRAND.NEW.CAR!

No. Its where Greer keeps naked pictures of himself:P

malfunction
November 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I hadn't even noticed that, I'll keep an eye out for it when I see 'Earth.'

reddevil18
November 7th, 2009, 11:21 AM

No. Its where Greer keeps naked pictures of himself:PAh, so close and yet, so far...:(

Pat1487
November 7th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah, it was open in Earth

Here it is in Air #1
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/uni_season1/101-AirPart1/screencaps/normal_sgu_101_0058.jpg

Here it is in Earth:
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/uni_season1/107-Earth/normal_107_earth_37.jpg

I wonder whats back there, and why theres something back there

escyos
November 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
according to my hours of studying the destiny and trying to map it out, it leads to a corridor which i believe links around to the other corridors surrounding the gate room.

Lightning Ducj
November 7th, 2009, 12:42 PM
according to my hours of studying the destiny and trying to map it out, it leads to a corridor which i believe links around to the other corridors surrounding the gate room.

hmmm...never would've guessed

escyos
November 7th, 2009, 12:43 PM
yea it dosent serve an super important purpose, just an access door

EvilSpaceAlien
November 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM

I'm extremely underwhelmed. http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/jack2/jack_new24.gif http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/jack2/jack_new15.gif

Edi
November 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Its behind the Gate itself, in the centre, it must be something important. :P
Oh, well...

kymeric
November 7th, 2009, 01:25 PM
It looks like a [email protected]$$ door with a smaller door in it?

kirmit
November 7th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I remember reading somewhere it leads to one of the shuttles.

escyos
November 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I remember reading somewhere it leads to one of the shuttles.

wll technically it might considering shuttle 2 is in that direction but im pretty sure you have to be one floor up.

CaramelMonkey
November 7th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Was I the only one who noticed that there was that door open behind the Stargate?
What's with the door? Did I miss something? Looks like something important..

That's where the beer is.
Duh.

boxvic
November 7th, 2009, 11:08 PM
That's where the beer is.
Duh.

Haha that is the beer cave. I dunno what it is like in other countries, but in the US, in states (or at least the parts of states) that allow beer sales most gas stations have "beer caves". I could just imagines some huge walk in cooler full of ancient ales. If you are going to make all of the beds, then why not provide a beer cooler and wine cellar too?

escyos
November 8th, 2009, 12:53 AM
i was right here the map
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres.../img_4409x.jpg

Encoder
November 8th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Have a look at the MGM web tour, I think it's in there!

Actually from memory, isn't it just another corridor entrance to the gate room?

:sheppard:

Maddog316
November 8th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Its the room of death

jelgate
November 8th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Its the room of death

Scott's room?

garhkal
November 8th, 2009, 10:35 AM
i was right here the map
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres.../img_4409x.jpg

LInk no worky!

Soledat
November 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I thinks that's where Rush's secret lab is placed :D

He'll lock Chloe there if she punches him again.

ARealArchaeologist
November 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM

No. Its where Greer keeps naked pictures of himself:P

Wow! Is there a way for me to get on to the destiny? Oh don't mind me people, and no it's not important how I got here...I just need to go in that room. ;)

da_birdie
November 8th, 2009, 04:10 PM
It's most reasonably a garbage room.

Having the stargate vortex instantly disintegrating the garbage produced by all those people is the most logical/hygienic way :D

Alternatively it can be a execution chamber ; )

Question is does the vortex also shoot backwards, or does it only go forward : )

jelgate
November 8th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Wow! Is there a way for me to get on to the destiny? Oh don't mind me people, and no it's not important how I got here...I just need to go in that room. ;)

You must sell me your soul

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2009, 04:39 PM
It's the Ancient Strip club!;)

ARealArchaeologist
November 8th, 2009, 04:40 PM
You must sell me your soul

Oh, there's a problem there. I think I sold it for a rainbow brite doll in the second grade ;)

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Oh, there's a problem there. I think I sold it for a rainbow brite doll in the second grade ;)

*wonders how many people here actually know what that is*;) I remember it because my niece loved it.

jelgate
November 8th, 2009, 04:44 PM
*wonders how many people here actually know what that is*;) I remember it because my niece loved it.

You have a niece? More importantly does the state allow you to see her?:P

ARealArchaeologist
November 8th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Maybe that's who I did the trade with :p

jjay
November 8th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Its behind the Gate itself, in the centre, it must be something important. :P
Oh, well...

We think of the gate as somehow central to the ship's purpose. But why would the ship's designers? For them, I would think that gates are more pedestrian. Kind of like International Airports are to Jet Set travelers.

They are big and important in a way, but they are unimpressive enough that they do not own and control the design of the cities they serve. We build unimportant nonsense right up to the edge of O'Hare or the Atlanta Hub.

escyos
November 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
LInk no worky!

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/img_4409x.jpg

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2009, 09:54 PM
You have a niece? More importantly does the state allow you to see her?:P

Only on Wednesday's they have a daily devil worshiping seminar the other times.....oh wait it's a Jelgate God seminar.;)

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Maybe that's who I did the trade with :p
Doubt it unless you lived in Boston 20 some odd years ago.;)

Commander Zelix
November 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone
tutulutumtum

:D

Steelbox
November 9th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Just another door and another corridor...

jcainhaze
November 9th, 2009, 04:36 AM
It's definitely the bathroom. Good place to have a bathroom after a possible long visit offworld/offship.

wargrafix
November 9th, 2009, 06:05 AM
It's the Ancient Strip club!;)

Seeing as how the series is going, the ship is the strip club.behind that door is the champagne room.

Soledat
November 9th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Seeing as how the series is going, the ship is the strip club.behind that door is the champagne room.

Maybe a dress room, you know, after... you need to put on fresh clothes and all. :D

escyos
November 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Just another door and another corridor...

he's right, its a corridor linking to another corridor, you cant get to the shuttle (2) from there though, for some reason you have to go up a floor across the ship, down 2 floors and you r there.

also to get from the gateroom to the observation deck, you go out of the gateroom, into the corridor, through the door on the other side, past the dome room, link back around to another corridor, and folloq that to the observation deck.

Mitchell82
November 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Maybe a dress room, you know, after... you need to put on fresh clothes and all. :D

I knew I shouldn't have said that but hey who wouldn't love to see a few of those girls in a club eh? *I know I have a dirty mind*

ARealArchaeologist
November 9th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Doubt it unless you lived in Boston 20 some odd years ago.;)

Well when I finally finish that time machine I will be able to say yes, yes I have;)

Mitchell82
November 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Well when I finally finish that time machine I will be able to say yes, yes I have;)

Let me know when you do I've always wanted to remember what I did in college. It's all a blur.....;):cameron:

jelgate
November 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Let me know when you do I've always wanted to remember what I did in college. It's all a blur.....;):cameron:

If your anything like me you spend a lot of time sleeping on front lawns

Mitchell82
November 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM
If your anything like me you spend a lot of time sleeping on front lawns

I tend to remember a sprinkler or two waking me up.;)

wargrafix
November 12th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I tend to remember a sprinkler or two waking me up.;)

During my second year, Some strange girl (Truns out she was at the same university as me) slept on the hood of my car. Imagine my gf was waking up and seeing that.

wkw427
November 12th, 2009, 06:39 AM
It looks like the entire wall opens up. Maybe they will have to jettison the stargate one day?

wargrafix
November 12th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Cmon, people, you didn't realized thats where the series D.j. is? How do you think music occurs on the ship. Before you step though gate, music "magically" plays.

lol

Soledat
November 12th, 2009, 11:42 AM
That's the place where they speed up to warp 9 ;)

Shpinxinator
November 12th, 2009, 01:28 PM
...Narnia...nuff sedd

Soledat
November 12th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Oh, I know, I know I know!!! There's a room of requirement there!

they had one in Harry Potter and something alike in Star Trek [holodeck]

Shpinxinator
November 12th, 2009, 01:52 PM
ok ok....it's....Super Narnia!......64

RJLCyberPunk
November 12th, 2009, 03:30 PM
That's where the Furlings live.
:cameron:LMAO:cameron:

Kidwizz
November 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Simple. A toilet.

escyos
November 12th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Simple. A toilet.

.....no

Inquisitor
November 12th, 2009, 11:02 PM
If you walk through that door, it zaps you back to Earth. The gate was never designed to dial Earth, you just have to walk through that door and BAM.

Captain Obvious
November 13th, 2009, 12:52 AM
wouldn't it be hilarious if-

no one had happened to go through that door and it contains everything they could possibly need, food, weapons, a room with a few thousand ZPMs.

Dan1879
November 15th, 2009, 04:39 AM
I think its a fire exit. Surly even the ancients would have had health and safety.

Mckay221
December 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
its opens in earth when rush calls them bach to the gate room to tell them about the communication stones
look
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=890&pos=224

SerpentGuard
December 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM
that whole back wall probably opens up into a cargo bay or somethingy which opens up into space somehow, probably how they loaded the stargate in to the Destiny all those thousands of years ago. I dont think the ancients would have built the stargate first and then the ship around it.

escyos
December 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM
there is a hallway behind there..nothing more

Final
September 20th, 2014, 04:42 PM
It looks like a [email protected]$$ door with a smaller door in it?
A pet door? They better keep an eye out for any giant dogs running around.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone
tutulutumtum

:D
They'd probably find themselves stuck in a situation worse than they're already in though.

Mnikolic
September 21st, 2014, 03:06 AM
What if the door leads to a special room which has everything the crew needs to fix up the ship (the tools, spare ship parts, Destiny-exclusive replicator technology...)?

garhkal
September 22nd, 2014, 10:49 PM
One thing i have recently been wondering. Early on in the series of SG1 (and even alittle into sga) we saw when the gate made a connection, the 'kawoosh' going BOTH ways. Which is why in solitudes and 100 days, it made that cavity.
But in the latter eps and in all SGA it never did it. Cause if it did, wouldn't that door/wall have gotten vaporised?

jelgate
September 23rd, 2014, 06:45 AM
Where did you see that? The KAWOOSH only goes one way through a gate

Starsaber
September 23rd, 2014, 06:54 AM
The Kawoosh going behind the gate too was only in the movie (or when there's a black hole involved).

garhkal
September 23rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
IIRC wasn't there one also in Children of the gods?