This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the tech behind the stargate

We have learned from SGA, that the Ancients made the stargate to promote exploration between the different races.

If this true then the Ancients must have taken into account that each race would develop different types of technology. With the many different technologies that could have developed on each world, making the stargate only compatible with Ancients technology would not seem logical. From what we have seen many different races have used the stargate and have developed an understanding of the technology behind it; the Nox, Furlings, Asgard and even the Goa’uld.

The technology behind the stargates in my mind is not true Ancients technology, but a technology made by the Ancients to be universally understood and used.
    "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
    of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
    Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
    because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
    of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
    another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

We will have to wait till season 9 of SG-1 to learn more about that.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

yeah one of the producers said wed be learning more bout the ancients and gatebuilders next season!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

to the writers, TPTB, or whatever for the 9th season:

you better explain what the 9th chevron does or i will go on living a toturous life!

please dun flame me, i know ppl tired of hearing about the 9th chevron... but what a good way to bring it out in the 9th season, eh?

Comment

Although TPTB have said they will explore the origins of ancients and the gatebuilders I will just wait and see because last year they mentioned a lot of things which never happen when the details of the episodes started leaking out.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by southside97
            to the writers, TPTB, or whatever for the 9th season:

you better explain what the 9th chevron does or i will go on living a toturous life!

please dun flame me, i know ppl tired of hearing about the 9th chevron... but what a good way to bring it out in the 9th season, eh?
            7 chevrons gets us somewhere in our home galaxy (the Milky Way).

8 chevrons gets us to another galaxy all together (Pegasus galaxy).

Imagine where 9 chevrons will take us? (A whole new universe, maybe?)

Season 9 will tell us more.

Comment

Working...
            X