This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Bonnie Hammer, President SciFi Channel

Good news for Bonnie Hammer, President of the SciFi Channel!

From Media Post:

http://www.mediapost.com/dtls_dsp_ne...?newsId=251039

AND

From Media Week:

http://www.mediaweek.com/mediaweek/h..._id=1000509234

(Please follow the links for the complete articles.)

Media Post:

Two former Vivendi Universal network chiefs have been promoted to posts in the new company that include their former channels, with Bonnie Hammer becoming president of USA and Sci Fi Networks and Lauren Zalaznick becoming president of Bravo & Trio Networks. They report to Jeff Gaspin, president of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment and Cross-Platform Strategy.

Media Week:

Sci Fi Channel general manager Bonnie Hammer has assumed responsibilities for USA as well, serving as president of USA & Sci Fi Networks.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

AH... Maybe she won't have so much time to muck with things. To tell the truth I think she's been doing a pretty good job most of the time, at least.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Hi Morjana!

Every time I did I search on sifi.com, I came up with her name. Now I know why.

I wish her great success!
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Uh, I was hoping she would get fired with the new administration. Oh well.
        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I agree.....does anyone here enjoy Scare Tactics, Tripping the Rift, Mad, Mad House or the constant re-runs? Or how about the made for Sci-fi movies.....mostly about bugs, snakes or other lizards? I think the programing hit a high before Barry Diller sold his cable holdings to Vivendi. It's been pretty downhill since.

Well, I guess there is always hope, but I truly long for a really good science fiction channel, and Sci-Fi hasn't fit the bill, except for a very short while, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Orb
            I agree.....does anyone here enjoy Scare Tactics, Tripping the Rift, Mad, Mad House or the constant re-runs? Or how about the made for Sci-fi movies.....mostly about bugs, snakes or other lizards? I think the programing hit a high before Barry Diller sold his cable holdings to Vivendi. It's been pretty downhill since.

Well, I guess there is always hope, but I truly long for a really good science fiction channel, and Sci-Fi hasn't fit the bill, except for a very short while, but that's just my opinion.
            I agree with you on those horrible shows, but you blame this on Bonnie Hammer. Why?

Comment

Isn't "Bonnie Hammer" the name of the girl that Angelina Jolie plays in "Original Sin?"
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I'd imagine Bonnie's being blamed for those shows because she was the head honcho when they were developed and put on the air.
                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                  I'd imagine Bonnie's being blamed for those shows because she was the head honcho when they were developed and put on the air.
                  Well, you got me then. It's difficult for me to believe that a woman would approve "Tripping the Rift' for airing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                    Well, you got me then. It's difficult for me to believe that a woman would approve "Tripping the Rift' for airing.
                    I have trouble with that concept as well. Earth logic rarely seems to apply to television executives.
                    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                      I have trouble with that concept as well. Earth logic rarely seems to apply to television executives.
                      Well, I know Sci Fi channel people checked out the old forum. Maybe they'll see this, and tell us.

Comment

Working...
                      X