Young's Opening to Johanson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young's Opening to Johanson

As the opening scene which was portrayed as an alleged dream, shows Young confessing to TJ that he never meant to hurt her.

Do you feel the aforementioned "dream" was Young thinking of TJ as a similar beautiful woman in comparison with his wife and was reflecting his thoughts and emotions upon her or do you feel TJ is often the woman Emily is referring to about a previous relationship being over?

The scene at Young's house pretty much confirms Young had something going on the side with TJ. Emily talks about her having issues with him being stuck on the ship with "her."

Comment

Originally posted by Arlan View Post
      The scene at Young's house pretty much confirms Young had something going on the side with TJ. Emily talks about her having issues with him being stuck on the ship with "her."
      I must have missed that last part, but I'll go back and rewatch it. If that's what she said, then it sounds like Young confessed to his wife what might have happened between him and TJ. Which could explain why she had so much difficulty forgiving him.

- CB
      Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
      Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post
        I must have missed that last part, but I'll go back and rewatch it. If that's what she said, then it sounds like Young confessed to his wife what might have happened between him and TJ. Which could explain why she had so much difficulty forgiving him.

- CB
        Yeah, that is what she said.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Yeah, that is what she said.
          I bet that is part of the reason she has such a hard time with him being on the ship and forgiving him then. He probably went and admited it to her. Young certainly seems the type when he does something wrong to go and fess up to it. That's the impression that I get.

- CB
          Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
          Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

It's not the first time Young has exchanged TJ for his wife (remember Air during his seizure?) It could be simple projection

Comment

theres a breif scene in an SGU preview where we see TJ kissing Young...although with the LRC who knows who it really might have been

Comment

Young said he never meant to hurt TJ... and TJ tries to leave the Stargate program and go for her scholarship... But she ends up on the Destiny instead...

Such a rich backstory to be fleshed out later, and the breadcrumbs we get as we go are cool.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I am thinking it was more of a flashback to before Air Pt 1.

Comment

I kinda prefer TJ to Young's wife, that broad is one seriously high-maintainence chick in need of getting over herself...

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
                      I kinda prefer TJ to Young's wife, that broad is one seriously high-maintainence chick in need of getting over herself...
                      I agree
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

well her husband did cheat on her and then leave for another planet, id be annoyed at my husband if he did that....then again id be annoyed at myself for having a husband considering im a guy

Comment

... Well, I prefer TJ as well, just because she's generally awesome and Emily is pretty much only there to be Young's wife (so far).

But what makes Emily high-maintainance? She is the biggest victim in their relationship, because she was the one who was cheated on. She's done literally nothing wrong the entire time we've seen her. It's her right to dismiss Young because he screwed up.

Young is just lucky that her feelings for him are still strong and she may still find it in her heart to forgive his mistakes.

Comment

Well, Young sucks for cheating in the first place.

Comment

I had always thought that Young and TJ were too familiar with each other. Whether it was a dream or not, there is something going on there. And his wife knows it too. The last scene of this episode where Telford goes to visit Young's wife, I hope we will see her reaction in an upcoming episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X