PDA

View Full Version : Telford's actions and speculation on the final scene possible spoilers for future ep

Arlan
November 6th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Prior to the last scene of tonight's episode I just thought Telford was a mean spiteful jerk, but the last scene elevates him to a whole other level of scum.

Showing up at Young's house where she most likely will think it's her husband is lower than low.

You can see where this is going and it's not going to be pretty.

lordofseas
November 6th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Don't assume anything.

Descended
November 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
As I posted in the general discussion thread:

I am guessing he was there for one of two reasons.

1) He is going to pretend to be Young and have sex with the wife.

2) He has a sexually transmitted disease, i.e. HIV and needs to tell her.

If Telford pretended to be me and screwed my wife, next time I switched bodies with him I would go commit a crime (i.e. rob a bank and let him have fun with that)

Pharaoh Atem
November 6th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Don't assume anything.

we are fandom as assume any and all things

teleford is going to pretend to be young to get some from youngs wife ....sick

Arlan
I'm going with option 1, just because that makes for a better story. It also cements Telford as being completely self-serving and other things that aren't fit for typing here.

Coronach
Don't assume anything.

I agree. The idea of this reminds me, though, that people aboard the Destiny as well as their families back on Earth should develop some sort of safety recognition phrase or something.

Like a word, or a phrase that the person says to assure their family member that it's really them. Because this technology (and maybe the crew doesn't realize it yet) can be used quite deviously and dangerously if used unresponsively.

Descended
November 6th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I'm going with option 1, just because that makes for a better story. It also cements Telford as being completely self-serving and other things that aren't fit for typing here.

Seems to easy though, and the first possible explanation, I think it is a red herring. Could be wrong though.

Skydiver
November 6th, 2009, 06:21 PM
if telford does indeed masquerade as Young to have sex with Emily, Young will be well within his rights to kill the man, and Jack will hand him the gun :)

Pat1487
November 6th, 2009, 06:21 PM

If Telford pretended to be me and screwed my wife, next time I switched bodies with him I would go commit a crime (i.e. rob a bank and let him have fun with that)

I think everyone came to the "He will pretend to be Young to get back at Young" conclusion

Your 2nd one is interesting

But I dont think Telford is in the mood for helping right now

He was just tricked by Rush, he lost any command power he couldve had over destiny, he bailed out on them when things started looking bad and was called a coward by Young in front of everyone

wargrafix
November 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM
if telford does indeed masquerade as Young to have sex with Emily, Young will be well within his rights to kill the man, and Jack will hand him the gun :)

It would be funny if young beat telford to death with his crutch. The message did say "USE THE CRUTCH""

Replicator Todd
November 6th, 2009, 06:27 PM
What if Telford was already having a romantic relationship with Young's wife prior to this episode?

prion
November 6th, 2009, 06:30 PM
What if Telford was already having a romantic relationship with Young's wife prior to this episode?

I think judging from his reaction from suddenly popping into bed having sex... no, don't think he was having an affair prior, but I'm sure he' sgoing to get some some sex on his own. It's revenge. Young basically called him a coward at the meeting ("you cut and ran" i.e., sniveling coward). What better way to get even with Young?

ANd it's not like Young was faithful to the wife either...

Pharaoh Atem
November 6th, 2009, 06:30 PM

it would explain why she has been reluctant to be around young in teleford's body

Skydiver
November 6th, 2009, 06:31 PM
that's what i'm wondering, if telford already had a relationship with emily

mindwarped
November 6th, 2009, 06:32 PM

That is what I thought, and he want to know why she was being unfaithful to him

Replicator Todd
November 6th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Thats what I think because she seemed so comfortable with Young inside Telford.

Orion Antreas
November 6th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I believe the ending of this episode shows us that future episodes will have consequences with Communication Stones and allow for some storytelling based on morals. This could be good.

the fifth man
November 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM

Yeah, way too comfortable.

Coronach
November 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, way too comfortable.

I also agree. It seemed too weird for me that she was immediately okay with getting into bed with Telford's body. That'll certainly be interesting...total speculation here:

Maybe she had started getting close to Telford after the last time she spoke with Young, but now she's pretty much forgiven Young...and Telford obviously realizes this and has gone to confront her?

Possibilities, possibilities :P

Arlan
November 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I believe the ending of this episode shows us that future episodes will have consequences with Communication Stones and allow for some storytelling based on morals. This could be good.

:indeed:

Including controversial happenings with Wray and her partner in another's body.

Skydiver
November 6th, 2009, 06:50 PM
this also lays the precedent for a way 'out' if the stones are being used poorly

like 'bad guy swaps places with good guy', well the good guy will know he has a few seconds when the ship jumps in and out of ftl

Iffy
November 6th, 2009, 06:56 PM

I know.

Phantom6
November 6th, 2009, 07:02 PM

Young's creative. I'm sure he can make it look like an accident.

"Run late" for the return to base or have the crew on destiny drop power again to initiate an FTL drop as he's driving off a cliff.

Oops, Telfords dead and the stone disconnects.

ARealArchaeologist
November 6th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure what to think, but all these ideas really have me thinking, and the writers will probably make us wait awhile before finding out. I just can't imagine Jack allows someone so dispicable to be under his command and work with people. He's always seemed such a good judge of character and this seems out of place.

BTW, I love the idea of a crime spree in Telfords body and then leaving him right at the end with the cops surrounding him, explain that one to them IOA! Could make for a great way to end Telford's character.

rexpop
November 6th, 2009, 07:09 PM

#2 is Interesting but unlikely. Military personal are tested regularly and are removed from deployment if something that is non curable and dangerous to others comes up in the results.

More likely Telford is getting revenge on Young. Telford should have been on the Destiny, not Young. In his mind Young has stolen his role (which he clearly valued) and so he's getting his own back on Young.

erotavlas
November 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think #1 is likely either. It would be risky for Telford to pretend. Young can easily find out if Telford pretended to be him. If the wife is unknowing and believes its Young, then when they meet again for real all the wife has to do is bring up a time they were together and Young will realize 'hey wait a minute I never used the stones that time...that wasn't really me you were with'

EllieVee
November 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM

Obviously, there needs to be some rules set in place. Things you can and cannot do when you're borrowing a body. Outside of the squick factor, it can be classed as criminal in certain situations.

erotavlas
November 6th, 2009, 07:32 PM
also I think Telford and Emily either

a) knew each other for some reason prior and are getting reacquainted for some reason like the revenge possibility on Telfords part, or

b) they just started knowing each other better during the visits from Young and it has developed into a relationship.

MattSilver 3k
November 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Oh yeah, that scene elevated Telford to a new level of intriguing, yet dirtbag-y. I kind of speculated that Telford and Emily were already in some kind of relationship before hand, but I prefer to think that Telford's just going to be pretending to be Young and start shacking up with Emily... I don't know - I just can't find any clues for the first option beyond Emily's comfortable-ness with Young being in Telford.

Oh, and the idea that Telford went to Emily to tell her of a STD comes off as a little off to me, mostly because it was the final scene of the episode, and I don't think STD's are the writer's style...

POW
November 6th, 2009, 08:36 PM

Wow I didnt think about number 2 but that could be true and it would be shocking!

I had another one ...

3) hes going to tell her about the interuption that happened earlier creating an uncomfortable situation when Young comes back.

garhkal
November 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Prior to the last scene of tonight's episode I just thought Telford was a mean spiteful jerk, but the last scene elevates him to a whole other level of scum.

Showing up at Young's house where she most likely will think it's her husband is lower than low.

You can see where this is going and it's not going to be pretty.

The way it played out, that was my thought as well, but who knows maybe he is there to 'give some bad news' about young... to put a wrench in his love life.

I agree. The idea of this reminds me, though, that people aboard the Destiny as well as their families back on Earth should develop some sort of safety recognition phrase or something.

I am actually surprised something like that was NOT done already.

He was just tricked by Rush, he lost any command power he couldve had over destiny, he bailed out on them when things started looking bad and was called a coward by Young in front of everyone

And with the quickness that he bailed with the other 2 from earth, that is exactly how it is. He IS a coward for running from what he effectively caused by pushing for it to be done.

BTW, I love the idea of a crime spree in Telfords body and then leaving him right at the end with the cops surrounding him, explain that one to them IOA! Could make for a great way to end Telford's character.

Prob is he needs someone AT the device to initiate the disconnect. How would he do that?

#2 is Interesting but unlikely. Military personal are tested regularly and are removed from deployment if something that is non curable and dangerous to others comes up in the results.

Got to toss the BS flag here. AS an almost 18 yr active duty navy guy i can attest that they keep in those with HIV. I know of 14 who are still in, though 2 who progressed to final stage AIDS were outed on a med discharge.

3) hes going to tell her about the interuption that happened earlier creating an uncomfortable situation when Young comes back.

IF that is true, i have found some new respect for his character.

Nitegate
November 6th, 2009, 09:00 PM
now that is some revenge he's getting on Col. Young, really messed up when he showed up at Young's wife / ex-wifes house. probably gonna pose as Young to get some.

Pharaoh Atem
November 6th, 2009, 09:07 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71073

already a discussion thread :)

Devilshock
November 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM
When Young finds out though that will be some interesting scene to see. I hope Teford gets beat badly and is removed from the program.

Sifr
November 6th, 2009, 09:14 PM
As much as I'm not liking Telford by each new episode, I do have to say, he kinda does deserve to get some payback on his end... I mean, I wouldn't be too happy knowing that I've been, for intense purposes "body-raped" by someone else?

Nemises
November 6th, 2009, 09:23 PM
c'mon telford do what needs to be done.

Jedted
November 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I think it would be funny if Young got his wife pregnant while he was in control of Telford. Making the situation that much more awkward when Telford finds out.

Although, since Telford already knows Young was using him to get it on with his wife i wonder what he'll do. Maybe he'll have sex with her so much that she completly forgets about Young, that would deffinatly teach him a lesson.

Arlan
November 6th, 2009, 10:13 PM
The way it played out, that was my thought as well, but who knows maybe he is there to 'give some bad news' about young... to put a wrench in his love life.

Now that would be a twist. Telford shows up and tells Emily, "I'm sorry ma'am, but there's been an accident aboard the Destiny," as he then proceeds to comfort her for her loss.... and then returns to comfort her again and again.

meo3000
November 6th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Before the season started, a lot of people were offended with the wray/paralyzed scientist body swap and the supposed sex/rape scene.

Now this has been done using Telfords body, but nobody cares? Did anyone notice at the end of the scene between Rush and Telford, after the interruption, Telford knows whats going to happen, he looks at his ring.

Telford is married. I believe hes going to see Youngs wife to tell her never to do it again, hes not just a meat suit. Sure he could tell Young (recording, letter) but would he listen.

Im on Telford side on this one.

Arlan
November 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM
He was looking at Young's wedding ring, not his own as he was in Young's body/clothes/jewelry (I'll have to rewatch to see if Telford has a ring). Whether Telford is married or not definitely adds a layer of intrigue to the whole thing.

leiasky
November 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM
that's what i'm wondering, if telford already had a relationship with emily

I wondered the same thing.

I do wonder at the wife's reaction, though. She's literally having sex with another man's body and seems to be plenty okay with it.

meo3000
November 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
He was looking at Young's wedding ring, not his own as he was in Young's body/clothes/jewelry

Youre right, i get confuse with all those swapping. Still, we dont know if Telford is pissed about all this or has the intention of impersonating Young to get laid.

Nitegate
November 7th, 2009, 01:02 AM
maybe they were together before, youngs wife and telford, maybe that was why it was so easy to be with young in telfords body.

but seriously, why would anyone have sex with someone if it's not their body who they want if they haven't already, is she really that gullible to believe what any guy she hasn't met who comes to her house and says some stuff that she knows to seduce her, something is definately up.

pipi
November 7th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I want more sir, please give me more :)

Infinite-Possibilities
November 7th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Oh God, I hope Telford isn't already dating Emily. I don't MORE soap opera drama like that. Does everybody have to be sleeping with everybody now? It feels like they are already pushing it. A Little at least so far.

And while the first thought to arise from Telford showing up was that he was impersonating Young to have sex with his wife in order to get revenge for being raped ; it is possible there is some other explanation. He could just be going up to her to say "HEY! STOP HAVING SEX WITH MY BODY!" I think it would be interesting if he was just going there put a more human face (so to speak) on the fact that the two of them pretty much violated him.

Seriously though Telford pretending to be Young would be ridiculously soap opera too. I mean isn't that like a stereotypical soap opera storyline? Like the long lost evil identical twin relationship or something?

"Oh Everett! I thought it was you!"

missmobius
November 7th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I wondered the same thing.

I do wonder at the wife's reaction, though. She's literally having sex with another man's body and seems to be plenty okay with it.

I don't think she realized (it was too short of time) and YES I do believe she's been having an affair with Telford for quite some time.

Lanter1000
November 7th, 2009, 01:55 AM
How should the last scene be interpreted? Is Telford having an affair with Young's wife or is he just taking advantage of the fact that she thinks he is Young?

I really hope that the last possibility is not true. I mean having an affair is one thing but lying and taking advantage of a person's lack of knowledge is just evil.

The humans are supposed to be the good guys in Stargate.

Descended
November 7th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Prob is he needs someone AT the device to initiate the disconnect. How would he do that?

I think that is what he meant at the end of the episode when he said "The time I have allotted for this meeting is over" - I think Young has someone posted at the device on destiny with orders to turn it off after a certain amount of time, to prevent Earth from replacing him permanently.

I am not sure why they go through all this trouble to allow people to contact their families (having to explain the whole body switch thing) when they could have people write letters to their family telling them that they are ok, etc. Your handwriting wouldn't change when you switched into the new body, so the family would know it was from you.

It is amazing that they have told all these thousands of people about the gate. From family members to base cooks, and it has never been leaked. The press would pay millions for that story and yet no one has ever sold it.

Lightning Ducj
November 7th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Just going to re-post what I posted elsewhere
-------------

I'm giving Telford the benefit of the doubt for being an honorable man. I don't think he was going to try to have sex with Young's wife, I assumed at the time that he was going to have a 'fess up' conversation with her.

Keep in mind that in places where Telford has rubbed the Destiny crew, and the audience, the wrong way it's been in situations where he has been attempting to get something done on the Destiny that he sees as being needed for the safety and the eventual return of the crew. We may not like it because of our growing sympathy for Young, Rush, Scott, Greer, etc... but he's pretty much been within his bounds as a military Colonel. I may not *like* the way he carries out his duties, but I can't say it's because he is a bad person.

So I don't see any reason yet why he would seek revenge on Young or seek to take advantage of the situation with Emily

AtlantisRules!!!
November 7th, 2009, 05:38 AM
So... we know Huffman is pregnant... so their either going to not show TJ very much or their going to use it in the story. Emily said "stuck on a ship with her" and we saw a scene of Young and TJ kissing. So... maybe Young got TJ pregnant? Emily was talking about it when Telford came back into his body so he heard the end of that conversation.. and then was going to ask Emily more about it.

Just my speculation:P

antcave
November 7th, 2009, 06:01 AM
i think that scene with them kissing is the same as the scene with eli and chloe. something did go on between them and he's just thinking about it.

leanbarton
November 7th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Telford seems like a creep alright.

But what if he came to apologize to Emily, because he saw her naked, and other things. lol.

Or he's flattered she was OK with his body and face. And wants to say "hey."

aboleyn24
November 7th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Wow I didnt think about number 2 but that could be true and it would be shocking!

I had another one ...

That was my take on it as well. Let her know that during, they swapped back and it wasn't Young the entire time. I would think that would make her uncomfortable and have her less likely to want to engage in sex with her "husband" again in the future. I think he wants to make things as uncomfortable for Young as possible.

rexpop
November 7th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Got to toss the BS flag here. AS an almost 18 yr active duty navy guy i can attest that they keep in those with HIV. I know of 14 who are still in, though 2 who progressed to final stage AIDS were outed on a med discharge.

If its BS then its official army BS. See AR-600-110 for the gory details.

Army policy is that if you test positive you are withdrawn from deployment and can only serve in the CONUS. You aren't discharged from the service but the duties can you can perform are limited and special forces are off limits to anybody who tests positive.

May be slightly different for other branches of service but I believe the policy is similar.

j_talyn
November 7th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I just finished watching the episode and Telford didn't have an evil/bemused/etc. look on his face. It was more of a "um, I'm not sure where to start but we need to talk." It could mean anything but my opinion at this time would be he's married himself. I could also see that they could already being seeing each other which would explain the easy jump in bed. This is probably the first episode where I felt, "um, we now have enough cheating and sex driven triangles now, can we not do any more of those? we have enough with what's here." I the complex relationships is fine, but not everyone needs to be sleeping with everyone. Btw, Chloe is such a hypocrit, she's sleeping with Scott and she's mad because her best friend is sleeping with her boyfriend? Hey pot... meet the kettle.

Codemann17
November 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
You know, maybe we got this all wrong. The writers so far are doing a good job with character speculation. . .

My initial thought was Telford going to get him some to get back at Young. Then I thought: Why would he go that far? It just didn't go with the way they are writing (intentional misdirection, which is awesome!)

What if Telford is there to tell her the truth about what happened, about how he momentarily came back into his own body while they were having sex. To me the truth alone is enough to cause a problem with Young and his wife.

So far, all indications point to Telford getting a widdle boo tay on the side, but I am wondering if that was just there to mislead us.

Phenom
November 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Putting aside any assumption about an alleged previous relationship between Telford and Emily...

So Young shags his wife whilst in Telfords body, then it is implied pretty strongly that Telford liked what happened during the split second comm break up, so he goes back for more (so to speak).

There is a strong case to answer that Telford has every right to be bloody peeved at Young for using his body in such a way. So peeved in fact that I reckon he has every right to go and shag Young's wife for real this time. To be honest, given how easily Emily jumped in the sack with Telford, what is right and wrong in this little perverted love triangle is anyone's guess.

Infinite-Possibilities
November 7th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I thought it was shown that he was pretty clearly depicted as at being horrified at what happened. He looked shocked to me. And he was really eager to make sure he didn't get suddenly transported to Young's wife's house again.

ckwongau
November 7th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Telford seems like a creep alright.

But what if he came to apologize to Emily, because he saw her naked, and other things. lol.

Or he's flattered she was OK with his body and face. And wants to say "hey."
As comanding officer ,Telford cut and run like a chicken,but Let's not assume the Worst of Telford just yet.
The fact is Telford is a victim of sexual violation . i remember from of my high school Sex education class. Sex without consent is a sex crime .
He could visit emily and demand an Apology from Emily because Young and Emily had violated his body.
on the other hand Telford didn't report Young's abuse probably because in some way he thought he got lucky,and could imply a slient consent for young to use his body this way again.

But if Telford pretend to be Young to have sex with Emily, then Telford become the classic victium turn abuser.
Two wrong doesn't make ut right ? does it?

Nitegate
November 8th, 2009, 03:58 AM
I thought it was shown that he was pretty clearly depicted as at being horrified at what happened. He looked shocked to me. And he was really eager to make sure he didn't get suddenly transported to Young's wife's house again.

i think anyone would be shocked and surprised if one minute you're talking on a ship and then next some naked chick is riding you and you're laying in a bed, even if it was someone you knew, it'd be like WTF :jack_new_anime06:

Nitegate
November 8th, 2009, 03:59 AM
him and the 2 others bailed cause they thought the ship was gonna be destroyed, shows Telford is a real piece of work

kymeric
November 8th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Yeah no one on destiny is EVER gonna follow his orders again. You dont get around a betrayal like that. If ur boss ran away and left u to die what would you do next time he told u to do something, especially if he couldnt fire you?

Infinite-Possibilities
November 8th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Exactly! When he swtiched bodies with Young, It's not especially likely in my view that he reacted anyway other than "Ok, this Scott kid wants to talk about somethi-WHAT THE HELLL?! WHY AM I HAVING SEX NOW1!?"

Encoder
November 8th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Then O'Neill says, "Telford was following orders", I mean, WTF?!

That IOA guy is such a punce!

:sheppard:

Encoder
November 8th, 2009, 04:21 AM
He's gonna have to come up with a whole heap of info if he's going to convice her to go to bed with him again.

His demeanor will give him away, he will just not "feel" right!

Either way, Telford takes me number 1 place for scum!

Infinite-Possibilities
November 8th, 2009, 04:28 AM
I REALLY hope he's doing something else. Not just because it would morally wrong and all, but frankly it strikes me as a stupid annoying plot development. I think it would probably simplify Telford a little too much if he's all evil and stuff.

madt
November 8th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I'm surprised no one else has come up with the possibility that Young's wife was already cheating on Young with Telford! This just seems obvious to me since she was so willing to sleep with Telford. Maybe it is just cause I'm a girl but Yound is much more attractive than Telford and if I was Emily I would have a really hard time enjoying myself as she was with Telford.

It just seems like she was quite eager to go along with the whole lets do it even though I am in another guys body. It could be some form of payback for his cheating.

Anyways, just a thought....

Visrat
November 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
As much as I am not a fan of Telford it should be noted that after the disruption when he was returned to Young's body he was touching a wedding ban on his finger (the scene showed Telford in his body even though he was currently in Young's body). This makes me feel that Telford is currently married.

I got the feeling that as a married man he was upset for having his body used in that way and that he went to talk to Young's wife to explain the situation to avoid it from happening again. I also think Young's wife is going to be really pissed at Young since he cheated on her in the past and this will make her feel like she just had an affair with a married man... even if its not exactly true.

As a married man I would be very pissed if that situation happened to me. It may not have been Telford but it was still his body and Young had no right to use it in that way. And just imagine trying to explain that situation to Telford's wife if she found out... "It was not me... I mean it was my body... but another guy had control of my body..."

aream2000
November 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
i would post what i think happened after the final scene but that would violate the pg rule ;)

Hibblette
November 8th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Oh God, I hope Telford isn't already dating Emily. I don't MORE soap opera drama like that. Does everybody have to be sleeping with everybody now? It feels like they are already pushing it. A Little at least so far.

And while the first thought to arise from Telford showing up was that he was impersonating Young to have sex with his wife in order to get revenge for being raped ; it is possible there is some other explanation. He could just be going up to her to say "HEY! STOP HAVING SEX WITH MY BODY!" I think it would be interesting if he was just going there put a more human face (so to speak) on the fact that the two of them pretty much violated him.

Seriously though Telford pretending to be Young would be ridiculously soap opera too. I mean isn't that like a stereotypical soap opera storyline? Like the long lost evil identical twin relationship or something?

"Oh Everett! I thought it was you!"

Totally agree.

But she didn't seem to have a problem with it and I seriously think she would have. Of course if it is true why isn't Young realizing this.

But perhaps he is there to say "Would you two just stop it..."

Starborne
November 8th, 2009, 04:20 PM

This makes more sence to me. Why the hell would his wife have sex with a stranger, even if that stranger was "Young in spirit"? She must have had a prior relationship with Telford, therefore explaining why he came back in the end of the episode. Note how Telford isnt wearing his uniform, sugesting that he was there in his own time and having nothing to do with work.

Lightning Ducj
November 8th, 2009, 04:26 PM
This makes more sence to me. Why the hell would his wife have sex with a stranger, even if that stranger was "Young in spirit"? She must have had a prior relationship with Telford, therefore explaining why he came back in the end of the episode.

Since it's obvious that Young and Telford have a...fairly intense...working relationship, it's perfectly sensible that Telford and Emily know each other in perfectly appropriate ways

Note how Telford isnt wearing his uniform, sugesting that he was there in his own time and having nothing to do with work.

That just means he's off duty and there's no reason he would have to see her on duty.

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2009, 04:29 PM

Indeed. Personally that is why I hope that is what he was doing. IMHO telford is a huge *insert profanity here*.;)

Count
November 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Telford could be a goa'uld, you know. He may be "following orders" but be twisting them to help his own goals.

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Telford could be a goa'uld, you know. He may be "following orders" but be twisting them to help his own goals.

Oh god they better not go there. It's a minor miracle that putting the goa'uld in Atlantis for one ep worked not going to be happy if they do that on SGU. They pulled it off in Critical Mass but I don't want a enemy crossover on SGU.

jwgrlrrajn
November 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
:tealc: If we were on Chu'lak, I would be well within my rights to dismember you. ;)

Oh god they better not go there. It's a minor miracle that putting the goa'uld in Atlantis for one ep worked not going to be happy if they do that on SGU. They pulled it off in Critical Mass but I don't want a enemy crossover on SGU.
Hey, any enemy is better than none. Heck, I'd be happy if they used Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants. (a show that I despise with every fiber of my being)

I'd be fine with almost any bad guy they bring into the show. I'll be happy if they bring the Goa'uld into the show, I'll be happy if they bring the Wraith into the show, I'll be happy if they bring the nameless enemies from "The Daedalus Variations" into the show, I'll even be happy if they bring the evil Asgard into the show. Heck, I'll be happy if they bring the Ori into the show. (a villain group that really wasn't as well done as it could have been) However, if they bring back the Replicators, I'm gonna kill someone. Those were the only villains on the show that were overused, imo.

Lightning Ducj
November 8th, 2009, 05:37 PM
:tealc: If we were on Chu'lak, I would be well within my rights to dismember you. ;)

"revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet...But we're not on my planet, are we? "

Infinite-Possibilities
November 8th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Wow. If Telford is a Goa'uld, then who's consciousness would be transported to the Destiny?

Frankly I don't think it makes any sense that Telford is having an affair with Yong's wife. Because Telford was on the base at the same time as Young was. HE would have been away aswell. The only difference is that Telford was planning on leaving to parts unknown with the possible chance of never coming home. Which was the opposite of what Young was planning on doing. The only thing maybe that Telford would have on Young is that he didn't cheat on her with TJ. But if that is the only difference maker for her why was she still with Young at all anymore then?

ckwongau
November 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah no one on destiny is EVER gonna follow his orders again. You dont get around a betrayal like that. If ur boss ran away and left u to die what would you do next time he told u to do something, especially if he couldnt fire you?
Self-perservation is still one of the basic human reaction and human right.
Yes , it would be best if 3 less people die , but the other two civilian scientist were civilian and but Telford was the commanding officer, he should at least hesitate a moment before bailing out,or at least tell the crew in advance about their bailout plan.

I think i rememebr one of the bodyswaping scientist telling the crew he is beting his life on the plan as well, but the way those three ran away in the face of the Imminent destruction.They could spent a bit more of fixing the problem or tell the crew they are leaving, just cut and run without telling crew.

With or without Jack's order ,How can General Jack tolerate soemone with Telford's character under his command.
The Destory will never trust Telford again after that betrayal.So Jack should transfer Telford away from SGU SGA,SGC program , away to like the Arctic listening post up north (not the Antractic Ancient outpost down south)

And perhaps then Lucian alliance will recruit him .

Bookwyrm
November 8th, 2009, 06:42 PM
If they haven't already recruited him ;)

MediaSavant
November 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I have a major suspicion that the last scene with Telford and Young's wife was a major red herring. I think the writers are setting us up for something completely different going on with Telford.

Spoiler warning:
I just saw a tweet from Lou Diamond Phillips that he appeared in only 8 episodes and it is the last three that are Telford-heavy. Looking at the titles and brief descriptions of those last three episodes is making me wonder if Telford's objectives are very different than they appear.

Lightning Ducj
November 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I have a major suspicion that the last scene with Telford and Young's wife was a major red herring. I think the writers are setting us up for something completely different going on with Telford.

Spoiler warning:
I just saw a tweet from Lou Diamond Phillips that he appeared in only 8 episodes and it is the last three that are Telford-heavy. Looking at the titles and brief descriptions of those last three episodes is making me wonder if Telford's objectives are very different than they appear.

How do you mean. When I first saw "Earth" I assumed that Telford was going to Emily to have a sorta confessional conversation about what happened. It wasn't until later on this forum that I had the impression others thought his motivations were more nefarious. Maybe being faithfully married for 20 years and a short stint in the AF gives me a different take on people's motives but.... I tend to vie wTelford as a rather intense but honest person

so what aspect do you think is a red-herring

Eternal Density
November 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Maybe Telford is a Lucian Alliance plant.

Replicator Todd
November 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM

He looks like he could fit the suit nicely. Plus he has the attitude...

Rosehawk
November 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Do you think it is possible that Telford is going to tell Emily

that TJ, who we are pretty much certain is the other woman in Young's life, is pregnant?
We know the actress is pregnant and they have hinted that it could be written into the story... What other way to totally devastate a relationship that is struggling to survive and is still very vulnerable. It would also be the perfect revenge if revenge is what Telford has on his mind...

Eternal Density
November 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
He looks like he could fit the suit nicely. Plus he has the attitude...Hmmmm...
*suddenly noticed that my expression is not all that different to your avatar*

Azzers
November 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Although I'm not sure how that's possible. The Lucian Alliance came into existence after the fall of the Goa'uld which just seems like a stretch that they could be that influential in the Military in that amount of time. Unless maybe the original Telford is dead.

Still, if they're trying to be more "human" centric (granted the Lucian Alliance is human), having the primary antagonist turn out to be "alien" wouldn't really help the premise much.

Encoder
November 8th, 2009, 08:16 PM

He fits the profile...:P

Do you think it is possible that Telford is going to tell Emily

that TJ, who we are pretty much certain is the other woman in Young's life, is pregnant?
We know the actress is pregnant and they have hinted that it could be written into the story... What other way to totally devastate a relationship that is struggling to survive and is still very vulnerable. It would also be the perfect revenge if revenge is what Telford has on his mind...

Man that would just be too low, even for Telford!

Eternal Density
November 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM
There's always brainwashing...

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hey, any enemy is better than none. Heck, I'd be happy if they used Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants. (a show that I despise with every fiber of my being)

I'd be fine with almost any bad guy they bring into the show. I'll be happy if they bring the Goa'uld into the show, I'll be happy if they bring the Wraith into the show, I'll be happy if they bring the nameless enemies from "The Daedalus Variations" into the show, I'll even be happy if they bring the evil Asgard into the show. Heck, I'll be happy if they bring the Ori into the show. (a villain group that really wasn't as well done as it could have been) However, if they bring back the Replicators, I'm gonna kill someone. Those were the only villains on the show that were overused, imo.

No absolutly not. Keep this show seperate from the others at all costs. No enemy crossovers!!!! And if they bring in plankton I'll kill someone. ;) IMHO even without a central enemy the show is very very good with plenty of drama and action.

Phenom
November 8th, 2009, 10:06 PM
There used to be a time when I would come to GW to discuss science, mythology, folklore and history.

Now its who i shagging who and who will be shagging who in the next ep.

This is going to take some getting used too!!

The mods are going to have fun keeping the forums PG when the show is becoming increasingly Un-PG!!

Skydiver
November 9th, 2009, 04:17 AM
telford is probably going to talk to emily to get her to convince Young to remove himself from command

Telford wants to be on that ship, and he seems to want it with a level of obsession that rivals Rush's.

there's no way he knows about TJ. and emily seems to already know about her, so that's likely a non-issue

either that or telford is wanting to get emily to go to the pentagon, tell Jack about Young's issues, to get her husband back...and somehow get telford in command. (now, how he's gonna get there to take charge, I have no idea)

MediaSavant
November 9th, 2009, 05:26 AM
How do you mean. When I first saw "Earth" I assumed that Telford was going to Emily to have a sorta confessional conversation about what happened. It wasn't until later on this forum that I had the impression others thought his motivations were more nefarious. Maybe being faithfully married for 20 years and a short stint in the AF gives me a different take on people's motives but.... I tend to vie wTelford as a rather intense but honest person

so what aspect do you think is a red-herring

Good question. I should have been clearer. The majority of the posts I've seen are assuming Telford is there for either some sort of revenge sex. That assumption is what I think is the red herring.

One things for sure is that the writers meant it to be provocative. I don't think they plan on telling us what happened for a while.

Cory Holmes
November 9th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Man that would just be too low, even for Telford!

Nothing is too low for Telford!

garhkal
November 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM
If its BS then its official army BS. See AR-600-110 for the gory details.

Army policy is that if you test positive you are withdrawn from deployment and can only serve in the CONUS. You aren't discharged from the service but the duties can you can perform are limited and special forces are off limits to anybody who tests positive.

May be slightly different for other branches of service but I believe the policy is similar.

Wow. Did not know the ARmy did that..
Guess each branch has diff rules.

Mitchell82
November 9th, 2009, 04:43 PM
telford is probably going to talk to emily to get her to convince Young to remove himself from command

Telford wants to be on that ship, and he seems to want it with a level of obsession that rivals Rush's.

there's no way he knows about TJ. and emily seems to already know about her, so that's likely a non-issue

either that or telford is wanting to get emily to go to the pentagon, tell Jack about Young's issues, to get her husband back...and somehow get telford in command. (now, how he's gonna get there to take charge, I have no idea)

That sounds like Telford have no idea he would get there though.

MIZA
November 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM
what is wrong with these people , i hope there is a perfectly logical reason for him showing up at her door, and i hope it is not for any of the other reasons y'all said !

i mean it is suppose to be a darker Stargate but this kind of stuff too, what is wrong with these characters !!

Infinite-Possibilities
November 10th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I've had a rather disconcerting thought. If Telford is written as a villian who's goal it is to ruin Young's life, then he' be the only real antagonist on the show as of yet. Considering we've bad guys who tried to dominate entire galaxies, I'd say that it's pretty big step down for "the bad guy" in the show to be concerned with stuff like ruining one guy's marriage. That kind of strikes me as the type of villian that appears in a modern teen soap or something. That would make me think perhaps I'm not in the target audience for SGU at all.

And really, I think Telford would be much more interesting if he wasn't as simple as "Grrr. I'll show HIM by having sex with his wife!". I'd like to think that they will avoid the cliche of people that you don't get along with are also evil. Sometimes they've used it, sometimes they've avoided it. I find the latter makes or better storytelling more often.

MIZA
November 10th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I've had a rather disconcerting thought. If Telford is written as a villian who's goal it is to ruin Young's life, then he' be the only real antagonist on the show as of yet. Considering we've bad guys who tried to dominate entire galaxies, I'd say that it's pretty big step down for "the bad guy" in the show to be concerned with stuff like ruining one guy's marriage. That kind of strikes me as the type of villian that appears in a modern teen soap or something. That would make me think perhaps I'm not in the target audience for SGU at all.

And really, I think Telford would be much more interesting if he wasn't as simple as "Grrr. I'll show HIM by having sex with his wife!". I'd like to think that they will avoid the cliche of people that you don't get along with are also evil. Sometimes they've used it, sometimes they've avoided it. I find the latter makes or better storytelling more often.

i think the real villian is Dr. Rush he is really creepy you don't know what the heck he will do to any of these people and i am not quite sure what his motives are ??

but yeah i totally agree him sleeping with his wife for revenge it totally lame and messed , i hope that is not the writers angle there , cuz that is dumb

Mitchell82
November 10th, 2009, 09:15 PM
i think the reall villan in Dr. Rush he is really creepy you don't know what the heck he will do to any of these people and i am not quite sure what his motives are ??

but yeah i totally agree him sleeping with his wife for revenge it totally lame and messed , i hope that is not the writers angle there , cuz that is dumb

Actually it fits the way the character has acted so far and I'm actually hoping that is the case just so I can see Greer kick his *** again.

Infinite-Possibilities
November 11th, 2009, 12:17 AM
i think the real villian is Dr. Rush he is really creepy you don't know what the heck he will do to any of these people and i am not quite sure what his motives are ??

While I expect Dr. Rush's shady unknown motives to ultimately cause a lot of problems in the course of the show during some time, he's thus far been far more helpful than not.

bobshort
November 12th, 2009, 12:12 AM
tELFORD gOOD JERK OR BAD JERK ???? So far he has been a big jerk but he really wants to be on that ship. The Air force should have setup Lines that can't be crossed. Like <snip, try expressing yourself without crudity or profanity please> some one or giveing out classified information to family members.

I think the writers will destory that married.
The stones storyline are evil.
It just remines the crew of what they had to give up.

Saquist
November 12th, 2009, 05:55 AM
His first order of business was to override the orders of young and but Greer in confinement for a past offense. ....OF-COURSE-HE"S-A-JERK

Magnecite
November 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM
What was Young thinking? He's not Telford's best friend and if he was that would be worse. There is just something mega unsavoury about making love to your wife in another guy's body. The whole body swapping thing is a moral/human rights smorgasbord. SGU continued to perpetuate a bunch of characters who act selfishly and without thought for others. Desperation and isolation can make you reach out for human warmth but so far it all feels very hollow and lacking in any emotional depth.

I think it would be much more interesting if Telford was actually shocked and disapproving at his drop into Young's sex life and asked Young's wife to not be party to using him like that in the future. The whole idea of the stones is badly regulated as a reality within this drama. Considering Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran were in the bodies of people who they help get burnt to death, it would seem the lack of an ethical consideration of how the stones would be used is rather surprising. But then plot device is king in this fiction so anything is game. I am watching it in a similar fashion to the way I used to watch soap opera when I bothered to watch it, out of a morbid fascination to see how stupid it gets.

Eternal Density
November 12th, 2009, 02:55 PM
There is just something mega unsavoury about making love to your wife in another guy's body.You've found that too?
I agree and I'm trying to give up the habit.

Lightning Ducj
November 12th, 2009, 03:03 PM
You've found that too?

What, is there a support group for that or something?

MattSilver 3k
November 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
What, is there a support group for that or something?

Body-Jackers Support Group? We meet on Tuesdays, though sometimes people show up in different bodies... they're working on it, but they still have problems... It's messed up.

pipi
November 13th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I rewatched that kinky part. I think as soon as they swapped back, the dirty was immediately over, which means... Telford probably climaxed for those few seconds, that's why he was in shock! Like premature ejac. I don't think a naked girl riding you from no where would make you so shocked. Speechless maybe, but look at his face.

Magnecite
November 13th, 2009, 01:28 PM
You've found that too?

I suspect you'll give up the habit with ease. Just switch the fantasy channel.

My point would be that most people, male or female would not relish there sexual partner body jacking .... I think is the phrase of choice .... (excited giggling from the juveniles), with someone else. Especially the person who is usurping them in their professional role and who they obviously dislike.

I don't really care what any of these characters do, I'm just fascinated by the creative intiative behind this new SG venture fuelled by the lone criteria to create a mirror universe of all they held dear in the last two manifestations of the franchise.

Ann_Ominous
November 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I don't think that Telford could be a Goa'uld. If Young had switched conciousness with the Goa'uld, then he would of realized it when Telford started talking to him in his head. If he had switched with Telford, then the Goa'uld might of been able to hide, but then Telford in Young's body would be telling everybody on Destiny that he had a Goa'uld in him back on earth. Telford the Goa'uld's cover would of been blown and he would of split before the next communication exchange.

The final scene was one that made me go "hmmmmm..." Definately not clear if Telford was there to get some or to ask her to not do it again.

Or there's some other nefarious purpose that will be revealed later....

gatefanjo-m
November 20th, 2009, 05:30 AM
By the look of the trailer, it looks like our answer is coming in 'Life'. I'm hoping for a non-he-said-she-said answer, but that doesn't look promising.