Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Asgard don't respond what does that really mean?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Asgard don't respond what does that really mean?

It almost seem like when Earth needs the Asgard the most they are no where to be found but when they need help Earth is right there in no time. Are the Asgard not at home to recieve the call or are they saying go away and don't bother us right now? Maybe they are watching but want to see Earth solve their own problems but will only interfere(sp?) if they are very close to losing?

yeah...they're testing us and conveniatly it ivolves solving their problems. On a very basic note though the number of times we asked for their help if they did help the show could get very predictable in the sense oh we got a problem eehh who cares the asgard can fix it lets go fishing.

Comment

In the searis they say that they are busy relocating thear own people so some things may be mor impotant to them than saving poor old earth.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheScorpionsSting
        It almost seem like when Earth needs the Asgard the most they are no where to be found but when they need help Earth is right there in no time.
        I have to deal with someone like that at work...
        Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, currently they don't have a homeworld and who knows how many of their holdings have been lost to Anubis or to the Replicators. Couple these losses with the expense of creating a fleet to battle the Replicators and evacuating most of Othala's population, they can't have much left for intergalactic travel. Moreover, with the loss of their outposts and colonies the Asgard might well have difficulty with intergalactic communications.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

the asgard are very busy in their own galaxy trying to defeat the replicators, which is why a lot of the time the can't help us. the other reason is that they don't want to baby us. Its better for us if we figure stuff out on our own and grow as a race. Earth wasn't a protected planet and the asgard didn't encourage our growth, yet we have advanced beyond most of the other humans we have come across, and more than any of the ones protected by the asgard, so we have proven that we don't really need them. the only times the asgard have really helped us out is with the replicators, and thats because it is their fault in the first place that the replicators made it to earth

Comment

i had a question since we are on the subject of the replicators and the asgard. how exactly do the replicators take a ship over?? do they jump from ship to ship?? ive never understood it.
              "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

they probably use transporting technology, aka transporter

Comment

Or they could cripple another ship and then board and repair it.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

they're too preoccupied with the lovely replicator's...it's either that or some of the asgards are getting jealous of the thor/jack love affair...
                    My flickr photography.

Comment

Or maybe they are watching re-runs over on sci-fi

Comment

It means they don't love us anymore.

As previously said, the Asgard have problems of their own to deal with which will take priority over us.

Here's a question: do all of the Asgard approve of the alliance/whatever with the Tau'ri, or could it be that some of them think that we're more trouble than we're worth? Might explain why, if Thor is too busy, no one else shows up: no one else cares.

Comment

Is'nt it a little rude to not return a call though, or do those comunication things not have 1471, *69 stateside

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
                            Is'nt it a little rude to not return a call though, or do those comunication things not have 1471, *69 stateside
                            1571 would be better, at least you can leave a message

*hi this is Thor im afraid i cant project a hologram at the moment so please leave a message and i will get back to you*

Comment

Damn Asgard, all the same... They never call, they forget my birthday, AAAAND they promised me Paris...

... on a serious side, maybe it's because they can't interfere because of the protected planets treaty - I believe it was in "red Sky" they said they couldn't interefere with the natural development of a planet, or change the course of actions not initially started by them. This would also explain how Tanith tried to get the Tollan to send a bomb to Earth

Comment

Working...
                              X