PDA

View Full Version : Darren -- is that a photo of a Stargate on your Christmas Tree?

morjana
December 24th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Darren,

Just went by the front page of GateWorld, and noticed a new header photo.

Is that a photo of a Stargate on your Christmas Tree?

How cool is that?

Thank you so much for sharing!

Merry Christmas Darren, and to David and to all the GateWorld Moderators.

Thank you for providing a fun forum to discuss to Stargate, and especially thank you for all your hard work on GateWorld -- a terrific site free of fandom politics.

Best wishes.

Morjana

omnian
December 24th, 2004, 10:41 AM
I was wondering what heck that was at first! I was staring at that for so long until I realised....haha, what an idiot I felt when I realised it :p

TechnoWraith
December 24th, 2004, 10:52 AM
It is a Stargate! You need to tell us where we can procure more of those, Darren. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease... ;)

ShadowMaat
December 24th, 2004, 10:55 AM
There's a thread about this in Gen Disc somewhere. It IS a very cute pic, and it makes an (almost) perfect av. If only I could get the unadorned (ha) pic to get that bit of D out of the way... But then, I'm only wearing it thru Xmas, so it isn't really a priority. A cute tribute to all things Stargatey at this most joyous time of year... :P

morjana
December 24th, 2004, 11:25 AM
It is a Stargate! You need to tell us where we can procure more of those, Darren. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease... ;)

Stargate Props is selling some Stargate replicas:

http://www.stargateprops.com/

However, I can't the site to load right now.

Morjana

Anubis
December 24th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Talking with David earlier today, it's David's christmas tree and David's keyring. ;) Yes, that's right a keyring -- a Stargate one. :)

TechnoWraith
December 24th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Talking with David earlier today, it's David's christmas tree and David's keyring. ;) Yes, that's right a keyring -- a Stargate one. :)

Hey... That's cheating! (It's not even a christmas ornament!) :D

Anubis
December 24th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Hey... That's cheating! (It's not even a christmas ornament!) :D

Even though you say that ... a very good idea indeed! :D

ShadowMaat
December 24th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Hey, if it works, go for it, right? ;)

I still think it's very cute. :P

David
December 24th, 2004, 01:05 PM
It is indeed my Christmas tree and my ornament. Ahem! Keyring! But it's still on the tree right now so though it was meant to be a keyring it's an ornament at the moment. :D You can typically pick these up at Stargate conventions - Gatecon usually has them each and every year - though two chevrons are missing from them :(

Erik Pasternak
December 24th, 2004, 01:09 PM
It is indeed my Christmas tree and my ornament. Ahem! Keyring! But it's still on the tree right now so though it was meant to be a keyring it's an ornament at the moment. :D You can typically pick these up at Stargate conventions - Gatecon usually has them each and every year - though two chevrons are missing from them :(
Maybe next year they'll have Atlantis light-up versions. That'd be tight.

David
December 24th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Atlantis light-up Stargate ornaments or Atlantis light-up Stargates?

Erik Pasternak
December 24th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Atlantis light-up Stargate ornaments or Atlantis light-up Stargates?
Ornaments. A real, live, light-up working stargate would work though too. I try not to be picky.

David
December 24th, 2004, 01:16 PM
It really is a shame - there's all this cool Stargate merchandise that has the potential of being made, but MGM has to give a small company in, say, Guam, the responsibility of creating it and distributing it to all the world - if we're lucky. Is anyone other than me noticing this sort of thing more and more often?

dpgiffin
December 24th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Looks like a peice out of the planet from season 8s Icon

Anyways, great pic!

Anubis
December 24th, 2004, 01:49 PM

Don't you worry David, it's a great decoration. :D

DownFallAngel
December 24th, 2004, 01:52 PM
I wonder if they make stargate tree toppers.

Anyway, cute ornament David. Nice addition GW.

ShadowMaat
December 24th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I've made three avs based on the pics David was kind enough to send me. Thanks for that, BTW. You're a sweetie. :P And if the Marketing Powers start making Stargate ornaments, you'd better get a cut of the profits. ;)

http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/gwxmas.jpg

http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/gwxmas2.jpg

http://shadowmaat.250free.com/Attachments/gwxmas3.jpg

morjana
December 24th, 2004, 06:12 PM

Ah...thank you, Anubis, for clearing up another minute mystery.

I think I have that keyring -- it's from the Official Stargate Fan Club membership kit. I've stored it in my keepsake box. Must take that puppy old and take a look.

Thanks.

Morjana

Shipperahoy
December 24th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Well the picture turned out beautifully for a picture from home. It's definately professional quality. Of course I keep forgetting that David's an excellent photographer.

GateWorld
December 24th, 2004, 10:31 PM
David did a great job -- maybe he'd be nice enough to upload the full photo that he used to make the header.

I have (and use!) that same keychain, from the fan club kit.

Merry Christmas to all!
Darren