Christ vs Antichrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ vs Antichrist

Ok, so season 5, episode 6, we had an anti-christ. Typically not the son of the devil like many may have thought, but merely the offspring of a Demon. I've two questions in relation to that.

1) Would 'Christ' instead of being the Son of God, actually be the Son of an Angel (who 'merged' with a Human, to produce an offspring).

If yes to the above, then elaborate, and feel free to ignore question two. If no to the above, the continue to question two.

2) If Christ was indeed the son of God, then he'd be one of a kind. Castiel states that these 'anti-christs' can be many, as many times as a Demon and Human produce offspring. Could the Angels not use the same 'plan on action'? Merge with a Human, produce offspring in a similar manner? Essentially, both sides would have their army. An army capable of setting toothfairies on each other.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

I'd probably say that Christ is in Supernatural canon Son of God or his creation was an express order from God. You can see that the Angels don't really like humans that much, they wouldn't probably create offspring with them for the heck of it, like a demon would.

I would highly doubt that there could be countless of Christs. The anti-Christ is considered an abomination, and probably on the flipside Christ is considered something of a gift or equally very special, therefore there wouldn't be countless numbers of him. Also it's been stated that the Angels haven't been on earth for a long time, so working on producing Christ-like people when Apocalypse is in full swing would be a bit too late. Additionally, they'd probably consider it dirty or not right, it's creatures of different levels breeding together, and if Castiel's reaction to Sex is any indication of how Angels would react to it, that is not going to happen anytime soon. And quite often you get more of the bad things than you get good ones.
    sigpic
    Awesome sig by Laura
    "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
    Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
      Ok, so season 5, episode 6, we had an anti-christ. Typically not the son of the devil like many may have thought, but merely the offspring of a Demon. I've two questions in relation to that.

1) Would 'Christ' instead of being the Son of God, actually be the Son of an Angel (who 'merged' with a Human, to produce an offspring).

If yes to the above, then elaborate, and feel free to ignore question two. If no to the above, the continue to question two.

2) If Christ was indeed the son of God, then he'd be one of a kind. Castiel states that these 'anti-christs' can be many, as many times as a Demon and Human produce offspring. Could the Angels not use the same 'plan on action'? Merge with a Human, produce offspring in a similar manner? Essentially, both sides would have their army. An army capable of setting toothfairies on each other.
      Interesting questions!

Question 1: That is a really interesting one. I assume we are discussing in terms of canon, not generally? I was going to say no, but then pondered it a bit more. If they use the label anti-Christ in this manner, then it really does raise the possibility that Christ might have originated in the same manner, so to speak. It follows logically, doesn't it?

Question 2: The angels don't seem particularly fond of humans, do they? I'd assume they don't really want to father too many. I gained the impression that the child is simply too powerful - as would Christ have been, regardless of the question to answer 1! The angels want to win, but they want to gain paradise on Earth for themselves, not really for the humans. The faction that we've seen do, at any rate. They didn't want to subvert the child to their cause, they wanted him destroyed. They also believe that Michael can win, if Dean would only surrender himself to the cause. So I think while it is possible that they can do this, they do not want to. It is a power struggle, and they want to be the most powerful. To father a being beyond their control would be contrary to their cause, I think.
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon
        That's possible. Some angels like Anna do desire to be human. And the Grigori were angels that fell in love with humans and had children with them. They were called Nephilim.

Supossed offspring of a god and a human women isn't limited to Christian mythology. Hercules and Asklepios were the children of a god and a human woman. Asklepios like Jesus had the abillity to heal the sick and raise the dead.
        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Salamas;10788269]I'd probably say that Christ is in Supernatural canon Son of God or his creation was an express order from God. You can see that the Angels don't really like humans that much, they wouldn't probably create offspring with them for the heck of it, like a demon would.

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
          And quite often you get more of the bad things than you get good ones.
          This seems to be true, but I was under the impression, that in the whole God / Satan side of things, there was to be equal power, thus not allowing either side to completely 'win'.

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
          Question 1: That is a really interesting one. I assume we are discussing in terms of canon, not generally? I was going to say no, but then pondered it a bit more. If they use the label anti-Christ in this manner, then it really does raise the possibility that Christ might have originated in the same manner, so to speak. It follows logically, doesn't it?
          It sure does.

I know that Salamas made a good point about the Angel's view of Sex, but that was primarily just Castiel. What about other Angels, or even, Archangels? Perhalps Gabriel could be the one coming down, reproducing, and then hopping back off to Heaven? If Gab is the one who is suppose to have more to do with Humanity than the others, it stands to reason.

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
          To father a being beyond their control would be contrary to their cause, I think.
          Pretty much hit the nail on the head here, however, to what extent does the power of a hybrid have? The anti-christ in the latest episode could turn Cas into a toy, would that anti-christ have been able to do the same to an Archangel? Or Lucifer even?

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
          And the Grigori were angels that fell in love with humans and had children with them. They were called Nephilim.
          Was that in the show, or is that from the Internet? I ask cause I don't recall seeing the episode if there ever was one..
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Was that in the show, or is that from the Internet? I ask cause I don't recall seeing the episode if there ever was one..
            It wasn't in the show.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X