The Angel Gabriel, and followers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Angel Gabriel, and followers

We've seen Raphael, we've heard of Michael, heck we've even heard of God, yet there has yet to be any mention of Gabriel. Firstly do you guys and girls think that we'll ever see the supposed leader of the Archangels, and secondly, do you suppose that Gabriel will be played by a Male or Female character?

Am I also right in believing that Gabriel should stand above Michael and Raphael, and all others?

I ask the latter, quite simply, because we've only ever seen two Female Angels; one was / is Anna, and the other is one that was killed (possibly by Uriel), surrounded by Police Cars, and some other wreckage. Demons are typically Male and Female, it seems though, that most of the Angels are Male.

Also, having read up on Archangels, we know that Lucifer is / was one such entity, there is also another fallen Archangel, known as Samael. Has anyone ever heard of him / her before? - It also seems, that according to some other traditions, there are seven Archangels, not the three / four we seem to be aware of. It is still under speculation as to whether Uriel was such, though personally, I think he was too easily killed to be one.

Thoughts?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by Aerilon
    Gabriel. Firstly do you guys and girls think that we'll ever see the supposed leader of the Archangels, and secondly, do you suppose that Gabriel will be played by a Male or Female character?
    I'm hoping to see Michael interact with Dean, like Lucifer did with Sam. If it is so important that Dean invite Michael in then why hasn't Michael had a chat with Dean himself?

I'm hoping if Gabriel makes an appearence it will be in a female vessel.

Am I also right in believing that Gabriel should stand above Michael and Raphael, and all others?
    Don't hink so. Micheal is sometimes reffered to ad the Prince of Heavenly Hosts, suggesting he is the highest ranking angel. I'm thinking that because Gabriel is the one who interacts with humans the most, he's Heavens public relations liaison to Earth.

I don't think Uriel was an Archangel either. If he were he wouldn't have been taken orders from Castiel and Anna before she fell.
    sigpic

Comment

I agree that Uriel did not strike me as an Archangel, but after checking some German sites I found that he's actually listed as one of the most important, or at least best known. Here's the list with their roles:

Michael (most powerful Archangel, savior from peril, main guardian angel)
      Gabriel (God's messenger, e.g. told Maria about her immaculate conception)
      Uriel (Prophecy, Revelation)
      Raphael (Healing, Regeneration)
      Chamuel (War, planet Mars - bipolar role, light and dark, sometimes equivalent to Satan)
      Jophiel (Wisdom, Patience, Continuity)
      Zadkiel ('God's Grace' - teaches to forgive yourself)
      Haniel (Comfort, Encouragement)

And the there's
      Metatron ('King of Angels' - but not counted as Archangel in all cultures, possibly because his name doesn't end in -iel as all the others)

I'm curious to see which of these will make an appearance. Sounds to me as if both boys could use a visit from Zadkiel...

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

do you suppose that Gabriel will be played by a Male or Female character?
        I'm thinking that Gabriel will be male, but not sure whether the bible stories defined that.

Originally posted by Betelgeuze
        Don't think so. Micheal is sometimes reffered to as the Prince of Heavenly Hosts, suggesting he is the highest ranking angel. I'm thinking that because Gabriel is the one who interacts with humans the most, he's Heavens public relations liaison to Earth.
        Imho, I believe that Gabriel will be more of a PR kinda guy, yes, and will be more like Castiel than Uriel (Attitudewise). I'm also thinking that Michael is Chief Angel (or whatever) but we do have to consider why Mikey hasn't made an appearance yet.

Imho, it could be that Michael is like God and no longer exist and that Zachariah is playing everyone for fools. It could follow that Dean's refusal makes Zachariah rethink things and make a mistake. (But that leaves the Lucifer angle and I don't know how that would work.) If they get hold of Mikey's sword, than they should be okay but if he no longer exists that would mean they'd need Cas or Anna to secretly get them into Heaven and steal the sword without any other Angels catching on.
        They could use the previous rebellions Anna and Cas mentioned to start another one and use it as cover to steal Mike's sword.

Far fetched? Probably but I kinda like it. Bit like Red Sky at Morning with all the thievery but more like Heaven and Hell with more Anna and Cas.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
          I'm hoping to see Michael interact with Dean, like Lucifer did with Sam. If it is so important that Dean invite Michael in then why hasn't Michael had a chat with Dean himself?
          Originally posted by Epideme View Post
          I'm also thinking that Michael is Chief Angel (or whatever) but we do have to consider why Mikey hasn't made an appearance yet.
          Maybe, unlike Lucifer, Michael can only take a single vessel, and has no way of communicating with Dean?

Speaking of Lucifer, I'm curious as to why he can't just use the vessel he has now, why does he need Sam?

I'm hoping if Gabriel makes an appearence it will be in a female vessel.
          This I am hoping also. From what is written, Gabriel seems to be the more caring of all the Archangels, and some would say that Women are more emotional than Men, so the vessel should be fitting.

Not saying Men aren't emotional, but I trust you'll all get my meaning.

I'm thinking that because Gabriel is the one who interacts with humans the most, he's Heavens public relations liaison to Earth.
          Imho, I believe that Gabriel will be more of a PR kinda guy, yes, and will be more like Castiel than Uriel (Attitudewise)
          This being the case, it should be fitting to have Gabriel make an apperance. If he is indeed the more sympathetic type, and has dealings with Humans (so it is said) his / her inclusion would be warrented quite well. Wouldn't hurt either, to see an Archangel more like Cas. Raph and Mike seem like a pair of selfish idiots (for lack of a better word).
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Last episode he was the trickster...kinda weird eh?

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
              Who was? What episode was that from? I'm waiting for Changing Channels so where are you up to??
              sigpic

Comment

I watch Changing channels..opps sorry for the spoiler.

Comment

Who was? What episode was that from? I'm waiting for Changing Channels so where are you up to??
                  I watch Changing channels..opps sorry for the spoiler.
                  Well, as its already been semi-spoiled, and your soon to be watching the episode
                  Spoiler:
                  The Trickster is actually the fallen Archangel Gabriel.
                  In regards to the Archangels though. We now know of four: Michael, Raphael, Gabriel and Lucifer. Lucifer was punished and sent to Hell, Gabriel choose to step down, thus leaving only Michael and Raphael. Does this mean there are only two Archangels left? Or could there be more of them?

If God originally set out with four, and he now only has two fulfilling their purpose, doesn't that present a problem, and essentially double the workload? In addition, I can't understand why God would allow Gabriel to step down..

I would have thought that, that Gabriel would be the more sympathetic of the Archangels, not the 'lets play with peoples life' Archangel...
                  sigpic
                  It's Probin' Time!

Comment

After watching Changing Channels i'm wondering:

Spoiler:
                    How long Gabriel has been the Trickster. Because if he has been the Trickster since the fall this could have some serious consequences for Christianity and Islam in the Supernatural universe.

I would have thought that, that Gabriel would be the more sympathetic of the Archangels, not the 'lets play with peoples life' Archangel...
                    Spoiler:
                    Maybe he is taking out his issues with his family on mankind. Punshing people for being jerks while his brothers are the biggest douche bags.

If God originally set out with four, and he now only has two fulfilling their purpose, doesn't that present a problem, and essentially double the workload? In addition, I can't understand why God would allow Gabriel to step down..
                    I'm not sure but i think there are seven; Michael, Gabriel, Rafael, Uriel (altough he isn't in SPN), Remiel, Zerachiel and Raguel. Excluding Lucifer because he fell.

Maybe God wants the Angels to grow up. For a very long time they have been completely dependend on God. Most of them haven't really did things on their own. So maybe God left so they have to start thinking for themselves. They can't always be completely reliant on Daddy, it isn't healthy
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure but i think there are seven; Michael, Gabriel, Rafael, Uriel (altough he isn't in SPN), Remiel, Zerachiel and Raguel. Excluding Lucifer because he fell.
                      There's no clear cut answer to how many archangels there are. Their number and the names of the main ones vary from source to source (see my earlier post). That gives the writers on Spn a certain amount of leeway in who and how many they use. The fact that Uriel was not an archangel is quite a diversion from accepted belief, though. Maybe he was demoted to 'regular' angel status? That would explain his surly attitude. But if that's so, there's really turmoil in heaven with the most important angels falling or going renegade left right and center...

sigpic
                      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Spoiler:
                        How long Gabriel has been the Trickster. Because if he has been the Trickster since the fall this could have some serious consequences for Christianity and Islam in the Supernatural universe.
                        Do elaborate.

Spoiler:
                        Maybe he is taking out his issues with his family on mankind. Punshing people for being jerks while his brothers are the biggest douche bags.
                        It makes sense to assume this. They can't beat each other up (well, they can), but it is easier to beat up mankind.

I've never even heard of the latter three. Have a source for them?

Maybe God wants the Angels to grow up. For a very long time they have been completely dependend on God. Most of them haven't really did things on their own. So maybe God left so they have to start thinking for themselves. They can't always be completely reliant on Daddy, it isn't healthy
                        Possibly, but then if God wanted Angels to practically bow down to us, and now he is allowing Angels (and Demons) to run riot on Earth... Doesn't seem all that logical to be honest.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        The fact that Uriel was not an archangel is quite a diversion from accepted belief, though. Maybe he was demoted to 'regular' angel status? That would explain his surly attitude. But if that's so, there's really turmoil in heaven with the most important angels falling or going renegade left right and center...
                        Whilst it is possible, I'm having a hard time believing that an archangel can have their 'status' taken away from them. If Archangels are really that powerful, it doesn't seem likely that they'd be demoted. Beside the fact, I think if Uriel was ever an Archangel, it would have been mentioned by now.
                        sigpic
                        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          The Trickster is actually the fallen Archangel Gabriel.
                          Fallen? How exactly? He seemed to possess a large amount of power as he demonstrated towards Castiel in "sending" him away. Also, he is aware of the whole process going on unlike Anna (before recalling her past life).

Comment

Originally posted by AcidBeast View Post
                            Fallen? How exactly? He seemed to possess a large amount of power as he demonstrated towards Castiel in "sending" him away. Also, he is aware of the whole process going on unlike Anna (before recalling her past life).
                            You took my term too literally. He fell from Heaven, but by choice. He didn't fall to Hell.
                            sigpic
                            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Working...
                            X