Young's Threat to Wray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young's Threat to Wray

When Wray went to talk to Col. Young about the lottery, he threatened to take her name out if she kept talking. So basically he threatened to kill her if she didn't shut up.

He could have just pulled a gun on her. It would have been more dramatic...
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

that would have been ****....

Comment

Fear can be a powerful motivation.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Everyone talks about Greer "walking up to her" as such an unforgivable threat, but Young threatened to send her into a star and no one bats an eye.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

she was being an ass. Besides he was making a point.....how would she feel if she was sentenced to die because he made a choice like the one she was asking him to do for everyone.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think the effect P-90 mentioned is what young was going for.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
              He could have just pulled a gun on her. It would have been more dramatic...
              What are the odds she would have really believed he'd pull the trigger? Whereas threatening to leave her to share the fate of the sixty-odd people who are facing certain death - that's a very real threat.

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
              Everyone talks about Greer "walking up to her" as such an unforgivable threat, but Young threatened to send her into a star and no one bats an eye.
              She wasn't the only one being sent into the star. It's not like he threatened to airlock her for misbehavior. Besides, he pretty much made the same threat to Spencer and everyone else in the gate room.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Besides he was making a point.....how would she feel if she was sentenced to die because he made a choice like the one she was asking him to do for everyone.
              I got this impression as well. She was very calm throughout, until he threatened to take her out of the lottery. It seemed to me that the fact that all of these people were going to die didn't really hit home until his threat made her realize that she could very well be one of them.

Comment

I must say I was surprised by her reaction to Col. Young's threat. I thought she'd continue play cool and in control, 'cos that Imho suits her character and that's how she have been behaving previously as a IOA.

Comment

Im not one to take threats lightly but in this case she appeared to be trying to influence Young decisions in his eyes so maybe not so big a deal to some folks and others it will.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Furliciousy2k9 View Post
                    I must say I was surprised by her reaction to Col. Young's threat. I thought she'd continue play cool and in control, 'cos that Imho suits her character and that's how she have been behaving previously as a IOA.
                    Yeah, I liked that it showed her vulnerable side. Another time she did this was in her Kino interview. Made her seem more three-dimensional and not just like a steel-hearted "ball buster" who is only aboard to make life difficult. I love the actress, she was very sweet in Two and a Half Men but I didn't initially take to her. This made me change my mind about her, and I really hope she develops over the course of the series. I'd love her relationship with Young to be like the one between Weir (and later Woolsey) and Sheppard on Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                    X