What exactly are our new aliens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly are our new aliens?

Bugs don't make human faces and have recognition. So, what exactly is it? Ancient terraforming tech? If I didn't know better I'd say the water crystals forming were just part of "it" trying to manifest for us. If that's true, is it really gone? What if it's pure energy of some kind? And what happens if it gets to Earth next week (since it's gone through Air, Fire, and Water)?

the aliens were left on the water planet as far as i know
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

They could be anything. 'Bugs' can make human faces, if they are an intelligent collective of bugs. I doubt they are gone forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        the aliens were left on the water planet as far as i know

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
          Bugs don't make human faces and have recognition. So, what exactly is it? Ancient terraforming tech? If I didn't know better I'd say the water crystals forming were just part of "it" trying to manifest for us. If that's true, is it really gone? What if it's pure energy of some kind? And what happens if it gets to Earth next week (since it's gone through Air, Fire, and Water)?
          Well,

I don't think they are bugs at all. More then likely they are tiny little aliens that we can't really classify yet. Aliens do make human faces though, as evidence by the crystal creatures seen in Season one of Stargate SG1. They made faces out of themselves and even spoke to the team. Just cause they look like bugs, swarm like bugs, and multiply like bugs doesn't mean they are bug. I know that sounds kind of crazy. hehe

There's nothing to say they aren't a semi-intelligent lifeform though that thought to themselves "Hey lets hitch a ride on this guy we saved, since he seems to be from somewhere new."

I don't think it was energy, or else it wouldn't have been able to be trapped in that room the way it was. I know they eventually started getting out, but themain body was trapped. Plus, why would pure energy dislike fire?

Interesting alien creature though.

- CB
          Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
          Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

I think somebody called it/them a Whisp So i here by call em/it a whisp.
            Remember the episode of SG1 where the found Mayboure frozen in a freezer and they gate to a "water" planet and the water was alive. Thats what this reminds me of.
            Thirsty lil critters.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, they certainly weren't English speaking humanoids. Unless they posess the guy they attacked( I didn't catch whether he actually ended up dead). Might there be a few still in his body? I would speculate that because these things obviously need water, and the human body is made up with a high percentage of water so a few may have hung around in him.

Comment

They seemed to remind me of those energy bug things from SG-1 Season 4 "Prodigy" where Carter brought the talented USAFA cadet offworld.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                  They seemed to remind me of those energy bug things from SG-1 Season 4 "Prodigy" where Carter brought the talented USAFA cadet offworld.
                  yea but the sg1 bugs were more like fireflys
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    yea but the sg1 bugs were more like fireflys
                    True, but they did kill in a similar fashion.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if these critters come back (again) at some point. They didn't seem to have been affected by the cold. Perhaps they will grow/evolve at some increased rate because they have so much more moisture to lap up on the new planet. (Of course, it could be difficult for them to catch up to Destiny...)

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

I was shocked when they reused them so soon. I had thought TPTB forgot about them.
                        BUT i was lovin their mimicing faces, much like the water probe in The Abyss..

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=74&pos=976

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=74&pos=977

Anyone?
                          sigpic

Comment

What official background was given for the "Crystal Skull" aliens? Could it be that they're the Furlings?

Comment

50% chance they are. They seem very advanced, to make such Crystal Skull AND send it to other phase (ours).

Edit: Holy! I'm no probie anymore, I'm airman! WOOT!
                              One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                              sigpic
                              Sith Nazghul

Comment

Working...
                              X