The Destiny - Speculation thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Destiny - Speculation thread.

Throw any speculation you want in hear, and lets discuss it.

Now how convenient is the "recharging plate"?

There must be some other type of convinience technology aboard seeing as the Destiny spoonfeeds the crew.

Anyone think there could be an synthesizer? Sort of "old" matter ocnverter, that you can use to create simple food's, like fats, protein, the essential needs a human body needs. I mean, protein powder is definately not goign to keep you alive.

Sig by Draygon.

I think the powder is from earth, like earth supplies. I can't imagine the ancients eating mush every day.

lets talk about them shields, the ones that can apparently survive the sun, but simple oxygen is impossible to block...
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
      I think the powder is from earth, like earth supplies. I can't imagine the ancients eating mush every day.

lets talk about them shields, the ones that can apparently survive the sun, but simple oxygen is impossible to block...
      the shields can block oxygen the problem is that the shuttles shields cant yes the destiny shields would hold the air in but think how huge the destinies shields is in volume the air would be too thin

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        the shields can block oxygen the problem is that the shuttles shields cant yes the destiny shields would hold the air in but think how huge the destinies shields is in volume the air would be too thin
        The shield of the Destiny does not hold the air, there is an affected area in the ship, the dome area, where it cant help holding the atmosphere
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Pretty sure the emergency bulkhead forcefields are a different system to the big mama stellar shield. Also, the emergency bulkhead forcefields were probably only meant to be a temporary stopgap measure until the crew repairs the damage. But no-one ever did, and they've probably been operating continuously for thousands of years without maintenance. It's never wise to exceed a system's design specs.

Comment

a food synthesizer is pretty easy. electric discharges, the six basic elements, and UV radiation and you're pretty far.

Comment

They almost have to find:
              -A matter replicator to make things like bullets, clothing and such.
              -A healing 'sarcophagus' 80+ people can not be kept alive by one medic with no supplies

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy View Post
                They almost have to find:
                -A matter replicator to make things like bullets, clothing and such.
                -A healing 'sarcophagus' 80+ people can not be kept alive by one medic with no supplies
                If only they brought the asgard converter...
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Oh...and they need to find a make-up/hair machine. They all need to look good every week, and not like people trapped on a ship with no toothpaste, shampoo, lip stick and such.

Comment

Duck tape

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post

its possible what little power the ship had left when they all arrived was going towards reserves needed for its trip through the suns corona...what little usable power the ship had left for other systems wasn't enough to successfully shield the damage to the dome area...

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                        The shield of the Destiny does not hold the air, there is an affected area in the ship, the dome area, where it cant help holding the atmosphere
                        the shield is a giant bubble the air is leaking out of the ship into the bubble but the sheilds are not on 24/7 so as soon as they go off the air in the shield gets let out

the window on the shuttle was a forcefield projected by the shuttle

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                          the shield is a giant bubble the air is leaking out of the ship into the bubble but the sheilds are not on 24/7 so as soon as they go off the air in the shield gets let out

the window on the shuttle was a forcefield projected by the shuttle
                          wrong, in the uncompressed parts of the ship they have force fields only protecting the openings. And they cant manage to hold in air so the bulk head doors were closed.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Maybe the shields are more focused on keeping stuff out rather than keeping stuff in.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              Maybe the shields are more focused on keeping stuff out rather than keeping stuff in.
                              Indeed. Also as stated before if the shield is not skin tight around the breach air will leak out anyway.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                              X