X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Girl- a new show

From a media release:

Canwest announces series pick up on new one hour drama featuring Anna Silk and Kristen Holden-Reid

Canwest Broadcasting delves deep into the world of fantasy and action as it green lights the daring new series Lost Girl for Showcase. The 13-episode, one hour series will air on the channel in 2010.

A drama loaded with mystery, romance and intrigue, Lost Girl focuses on the gorgeous and charismatic Bo – a Succubus with heart. While Succubi are inhuman women who seduce and feed off their human partner’s sexual energy, Bo is not your average Succubus. Raised in secret by humans, Bo tries to survive in the human, modern world without giving in to her instinctive urge to kill. Refusing to embrace her supernatural clan and its strict regimes, Bo uses her feminine wiles – along with some help from her friends – to fight for the underdog. All the while, she is on a very personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin and find her birth mother.

Leading the Lost Girl cast is Anna Silk (Billable Hours, Being Erica) as Bo. The gang of monster misfits and human helpers includes Kristen Holden-Reid (the upcoming Ben Hur remake, The Tudors) as Dyson, an inhuman cop involved in a love/hate relationship with Bo – he absolutely hates how much he loves her. Two-time Gemini Award winner Ksenia Solo (Renegadepress.com) stars as Kenzie, Bo’s street-smart and fiercely loyal human best friend. The cast also includes Rick Howland (Bon Cop, Bad Cop) as Trick, a friendly saloon keeper with something to hide.

“Lost Girl is so unique in that it weaves an array of genres – fantasy, romance, action – all the while developing these complicated, intelligent characters and rich storylines. We can’t wait to get started producing this bold and fun series,” said Christine Shipton, SVP Dramatic and Factual Content, Canwest Broadcasting. “With one of the hottest and most dynamic casts coming to television and an exceptional creative team, Showcase viewers can look forward to a sophisticated series chock-full of action-packed twists and turns laced with chemistry-fuelled relationships.”

Lost Girl will also offer a cross platform experience to viewers. Production is currently underway on the development of an interactive website, graphic novel and downloadable video game.

Lost Girl is developed and produced by Prodigy Pictures, with the participation of the Canadian Television Fund, the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit and the Ontario Media Development Corporation. The series is executive produced by Jay Firestone, Paul Rapovksi, Plato Fountidakis, Michelle Lovretta and Peter Mohan. Lovretta also serves as Creator/Writer for Lost Girl and the series is also written by Mohan. Lost Girl is produced by Wanda Chaffey.

I am looking forward to this show. It sounds very original

Comment

come on anybody?

Comment

Doesn't really sound like my sort of thing but i would be willing to give it a try when it comes, see how far i get with it. Seems like a slightly used story to me, if you swap Succubus for Vampire you get the struggle and story from most Vamp stories. Still i may give it a go.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes you are kinda right. but at least its about a succubus. I wonder what kind of storylines they can come up with this

Comment

Meh, this would have been much better if it were set during some medieval era.

Comment

Originally posted by lilslim142000 View Post
              Yes you are kinda right. but at least its about a succubus. I wonder what kind of storylines they can come up with this
              It could be good if they come up with original stories but if it is the same stuff bring churned out like some shows these days then i will give it a miss.
              sigpic

Comment

It's things like this which forced me to reading books almost a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                X