This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some trivia about the Atlantis opening credits

I don't know if this topic has been posted about before. The search I did yielded no results though.

Anyway, I was re-watching an Atlantis episode a while ago, and I got to thinking about the opening credit shots for our intrepid characters and the actors and actresses who play them. I started wondering exactly where these shots came from, specifically what moment in which episode. This post in the Aurora episode thread got me to thinking that I should start a thread on this.

This opening credit shot of David Hewlett is definitely from Aurora, and that look of impending doom is when McKay realizes that the Wraith in stasis chamber is about to wake up.

I'm 100% certain that this shot of Rachel Luttrell is from Letters from Pegasus. Teyla is very worried about Orin's situation with the village and the impending Wraith culling. A very poignant shot indeed.

This opening credit shot of Jason Momoa is from Trinity. Ronon sees his old mentor, Kell, from the Satedan military. Kell was considered by many Satedans to be a coward and a traitor. The shot of Ronon is the look on his face right when Kell enters the tavern--moments before Ronon killed him.

I've been trying to figure out exactly which episodes the shots of the remaining actors came from. It's been especially difficult to pin down which episodes the opening shots of Joe Flanigan and Torri Higginson came from. I've come to consider this a long-term little side project to figure out where the remaining open shots came from. If anyone knows, please feel free to contribute!
    sigpic

Woolseys....comes from.....somewhere....so does kellers and Carters....I think.
    Tst

Comment

Dood what a bloody awesome idea...I'm gonna re-watch SGA again and see if I can contribute some more answer

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
        Dood what a bloody awesome idea...I'm gonna re-watch SGA again and see if I can contribute some more answer

Buddy, thanks for the help and the greenage. I think I've narrowed down Paul McGillion's credits shot to one of three possible episodes: Runner, Condemned, or Duet. However, I don't know exactly where it is in those three episodes. I do know that during the shot, Beckett is outdoors in the sun so that should help narrow down the field a little.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Buddy, thanks for the help and the greenage. I think I've narrowed down Paul McGillion's credits shot to one of three possible episodes: Runner, Condemned, or Duet. However, I don't know exactly where it is in those three episodes. I do know that during the shot, Beckett is outdoors in the sun so that should help narrow down the field a little.
          It was Duet.
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            It was Duet.

All right, so Beckett's is from Duet out in the field near the scenes with the Dart. Kudos and greenage to spinny magee for finding the right episode!

So, we've got Sheppard, Weir, Woolsey, and Keller left. With Woolsey and Keller, I'm pretty sure that their shots are either near the end of season 4 or the beginning of season 5. With Sheppard and Weir, I honestly haven't a clue where they could be.
            Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 28 October 2009, 11:02 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Sheppard is from suspicion im pretty sure of that. I have a photographic memory
              Tst

Comment

Sheppard is from suspicion im pretty sure of that. I have a photographic memory
                I too have a photographic memory and will definitely trust yours on this one: I have never seen Suspicion.

*runs and hides in extreme embarrassment*
                sigpic

Comment

I too have a photographic memory and will definitely trust yours on this one: I have never seen Suspicion.

*runs and hides in extreme embarrassment*
                  you...have never seen suspicion? geez it wasn't a bad episode, geez I would expect someone not to see Trio.
                  Tst

Comment

Ok Dr kellers could be from Quarantine. Closest I can think of.
                    Tst

Comment

you...have never seen suspicion? geez it wasn't a bad episode, geez I would expect someone not to see Trio.
                      It's not that I didn't like Suspicion but I've never gotten around to actually watching it. Whenever it was on Sci-Fi channel I was either at work or it was too late at night. Sadly, there are a large number of episodes of Atlantis that I have never seen.

Here are the ones from season 1 that I have yet to see:

Suspicion
                      Poisoning the Well
                      The Defiant One
                      The Hot Zone

Season 2
                      Coup d'etat

Season 4
                      Missing
                      This Mortal Coil
                      Quarantine
                      The Kindred 1 & 2

Season 5
                      Tracker
                      Outsiders
                      Inquisition
                      Remnants
                      Identity
                      Vegas (partial watching only, couldn't finish the episode)

So you see, there's still a lot of Atlantis that is still new to me.
                      sigpic

Comment

I love this idea! I kind of doubt I could be of much use, but I'm interested to see what you guys come up with!

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                          I love this idea! I kind of doubt I could be of much use, but I'm interested to see what you guys come up with!
                          Once all the opening credit images for Atlantis have been identified, the next thing would be to identify some of the images used for the SG-1 credits. There are lots more on those and with so many more episodes to sift through, I don't know if it's possible to get them all!
                          sigpic

Comment

Weir's is from Hot Zone iirc.
                            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                              Once all the opening credit images for Atlantis have been identified, the next thing would be to identify some of the images used for the SG-1 credits. There are lots more on those and with so many more episodes to sift through, I don't know if it's possible to get them all!
                              I'm with CaramelMonkey on this... don't know if I can contribute anything but I await your findings with interest

Comment

Working...
                              X