This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny Stargate

Is it my imagination or is there almost a metallic noise before someone steps into the gate and gets schlurped into the puddle? I don't recall hearing this noise on SG-1 or Atlantis, so could this be a nod to the fact that this stargate is older/previous technology?
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

A schlurp?

Maybe a splook, but never a schlurp.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

i could go for a Slurpee right about now

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Not quite the response I was looking for, but I'm down with that
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          haha Green

It might be the Gates sensors taking readings of the travellers before they step through the event horizon, so that its easier for it to move them through the matter stream without losing the location of their molecules.
          sigpic
          Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
          Episode III: Phantasm.
          "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

More of the mechanic nature of this gate (evidenced by the flames coming out from under the gate, mechanic movements=friction=heat=flames). Eli said in the Kino videos that Rush thinks that these gates where like prototypes for the MW and pegasus.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
              More of the mechanic nature of this gate (evidenced by the flames coming out from under the gate, mechanic movements=friction=heat=flames). Eli said in the Kino videos that Rush thinks that these gates where like prototypes for the MW and pegasus.
              So I heard, but I was just wondering if the noise made before someone steps into the gate is actually there or if I'm just hearing it on my own
              sigpic

Comment

I don't get what you mean by a metal noise.. Could it be the floor that they are standing on?

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                  I don't get what you mean by a metal noise.. Could it be the floor that they are standing on?
                  Just before the schlurping noise of someone coming through the puddle, I swear I can hear a sort of "vmmmp" (so accurate, I know ) that I don't recognize from the other shows.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                    Just before the schlurping noise of someone coming through the puddle, I swear I can hear a sort of "vmmmp" (so accurate, I know ) that I don't recognize from the other shows.
                    IDK...I guess I've not noticed it. I'll have to pay attention tomorrow...that is if the gate is used in tomorrow's episode.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah.. the old vmmmp and schlurp..

The SGC gate used to schlurp when someone stepped through it especially in the first season so it's possible that it has been carried forward into SGU.. not sure about the vmmmp though..

Comment

i think that the metalic sound might be just the floor because when people were walking up the ramp in sg1 it made mettalic sounds, perhaps the same thing happens in destiny, after all it is a very old ship so there could be a creak in the floor.

did you hear it everytime someone went through the gate both ways, through to a planet and then back again, especially when they left the planet gate? because if you didint hear it on the planet gate then it has to be the destinys floor.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                        X