PDA

View Full Version : Alpha

Brain_Child
October 28th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Alpha is my favourite character.

Is it just me?

Epideme
October 28th, 2009, 05:32 AM
No I like him too, but mainly as he's really Alan Tudyk from Firefly!! And he's in A Knight's Tale with Heath Ledger!
love him!!

Amalthea
October 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM
And he's the robot "Sonny" in I, Robot. Alan is awesome and his Alpha was super creepy! I hope we see him again before it's all said and done.

Arlan
October 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I too hope to see more Alpha. An ongoing Alpha storyline would be a nice way to wrap up the series.

Achaja
October 31st, 2009, 05:08 AM
This was very intresting story with Alpha, I definatelly want more :D

Amalthea
December 12th, 2009, 09:37 AM
This was very intresting story with Alpha, I definatelly want more :D

Well, we definitely got more in 2x08! He is a very convincing crazy man! His obsession with Echo is freaky! Especially now that he has Ballard in his brain.

Ian-S
December 13th, 2009, 09:35 AM
excellent character, only second for me behind Topher, they are just as crazy as each other.

The line from 2x08

huh, when did you die?

completely cracked me up, perfectly delivered by Alpha in a creepy nutjob kind of way.

Amalthea
December 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
excellent character, only second for me behind Topher, they are just as crazy as each other.

The line from 2x08

huh, when did you die?

completely cracked me up, perfectly delivered by Alpha in a creepy nutjob kind of way.

Oh me too! It was delivered so well! Such is the brilliance of Joss and his favourite actors!

Achaja
December 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM
:rolleyes:
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad192/Achajka2/normal_img001223.jpg

LiliJ
January 3rd, 2010, 04:16 PM

The line from 2x08

huh, when did you die?

That and
"Give it up, babies. Love the ones you're with!"
made my day :D

And Topher isn't crazy. He's a genius. There's a *slight* difference :P

[IMG]http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad192/Achajka2/normal_img001223.jpg

*snuch*

Hi Achaja! *waves*

Achaja
January 4th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Hello Lili;)
Oh and his lovely carrots:

Alpha: Carrots! Uh, medicinal carrots.
:D
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad192/Achajka2/s640x480.jpg

Ian-S
January 4th, 2010, 05:23 AM
And Topher isn't crazy. He's a genius. There's a *slight* difference :P

so true, Topher doesn't slash people cos they're pretty, hmmm, can't think of any other differences other than that ;)

:lol:

LiliJ
January 4th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Hello Lili;)
Oh and his lovely carrots...

"Medicinal carrots that I'm holding for a friend and were here when I got here!"

so true, Topher doesn't slash people cos they're pretty, hmmm, can't think of any other differences other than that ;)

"Why can't I work this out? Alpha could work this out... Are you saying I'm not as intelligent as Alpha? Well, I am talking to myself like he does..."

:D

He's not crazy... yet. If you look at how Topher is at this point then he has very few of the symptoms of clinical insanity (and, even though saying he has a few, so does everyone - this is the problem with diagnosing insanity because everyone's minds are different).

Achaja
January 6th, 2010, 02:08 PM
hrhrhrhr:lol:

rosey_angel
January 7th, 2010, 04:14 AM
i don't know if i'd say alpha is my favourite character, but in dollhouse i dont have any favourites, i love them all equally.

alpha is an awesome character. evil and crazy, just how i like them ;)

LiliJ
January 7th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I don't think Alpha is evil, just insane :) Or at least, maybe some of his imprints are evil... It's confusing! :P

Amalthea
January 7th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I don't think Alpha is evil, just insane :) Or at least, maybe some of his imprints are evil... It's confusing! :P

I think it's both. He was crazy before he became a Doll and then got some pretty crazy imprints on top of it all. Plus the volume of imprints couldn't have helped with the sanity either.

LiliJ
January 7th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Perfect analysis :D And I think Alan Tudyk carries this off perfectly - it would be quite easy to under or overact a character as complex as this, but he not only acts brilliantly, but also has equisite comic timing :D

(hehe medicinal carrots :D)

PS: Alpha art :D

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/LiliJ/LJ%20Contests/dandy.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/LiliJ/alphasig.jpg

knowles2
January 19th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah Alpha a brilliant character but I think it went to wast in the ground schemes of things Rosuum an so fourth

It a shame because I reckon that with Ballard in him I suspect that he would of became slightly less insane an more stable an may be even start to resemble echo in stability an control of all of his personalities. But with the intelligence to undo the evil corporation plans.

LiliJ
January 19th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah I expected him to be at least a little involved in the concluding plotline... :( Missed oportunity there.

rosey_angel
January 28th, 2010, 06:13 PM
LiliJ, can i snurch the banner and use it here?

LiliJ
January 28th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Sure thing! :D Would be nice if you creditted in text in your sig though :)

Btw - who else thought Alpha was really underused this series? I for one would have loved him to have at least some role in Hollow Men...

rosey_angel
January 28th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Sure thing! :D Would be nice if you creditted in text in your sig though :)

Btw - who else thought Alpha was really underused this series? I for one would have loved him to have at least some role in Hollow Men...

thanks!!! and of course i'll credit :D

i agree, i think there was a lot else they could have done with Alpha, and it seems like they probably were going to keep using him (why else bring him back in s2?) but they were cancelled so they had to move on to other story lines

Amalthea
January 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Brilliant in Epitaph 2! I demand an Alpha spinoff!

LiliJ
January 30th, 2010, 02:00 PM
DEFINATELY

Loved what they did with his character. But so sad that he went outside! I mean, I know his imprints were torturing him, but then there's the threat that he didn't "evolve" enough to overcome his original psychopathic tendencies...

rosey_angel
January 30th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Brilliant in Epitaph 2! I demand an Alpha spinoff!

me too!!! or at least some in between info to let us know how we got to hugging alpha!!! personally i think alpha was upset that somebody else found a way to make everybody crazy, when HE was the original crazy doll :p i know i'd take offence to that

DEFINATELY

Loved what they did with his character. But so sad that he went outside! I mean, I know his imprints were torturing him, but then there's the threat that he didn't "evolve" enough to overcome his original psychopathic tendencies...

*sniffle* i know! joss managed to either kill or get rid of most of my favourite characters in those last two eps. lucky i had so many fave characters!

LiliJ
January 31st, 2010, 07:00 AM
me too!!! or at least some in between info to let us know how we got to hugging alpha!!! personally i think alpha was upset that somebody else found a way to make everybody crazy, when HE was the original crazy doll :p i know i'd take offence to that

Hehe yeah...
"oh, what, EVERYONE'S crazy now?! Fine. FINE then. I'll be sane. Suck on that!"

:P

*sniffle* i know! joss managed to either kill or get rid of most of my favourite characters in those last two eps. lucky i had so many fave characters!

It is Joss Whedon we're talking about. I think he's physically incapable of leaving all the main characters alive.

rosey_angel
January 31st, 2010, 10:57 PM
Hehe yeah...
"oh, what, EVERYONE'S crazy now?! Fine. FINE then. I'll be sane. Suck on that!"

:P

exactly! you're all evil and stuff, okay, i'm gonna be really nice and smile and HUG! :P take that, society

funny thing is, i can totally imagine alpha having that conversation with himself

It is Joss Whedon we're talking about. I think he's physically incapable of leaving all the main characters alive.

*sniffle* i know. i was gonna book a flight to america to punch joss in the face if he killed off victor or sierra. lucky he didn't but still, mellie, ballard, alpha, topher! it's a lot even for joss

LiliJ
February 1st, 2010, 04:56 AM

I don't think Alpha died per se... He just went back to his original self. Which I guess is a kind of death...
And *ahem* BENNETT!!!! First casualty :(

Amalthea
February 1st, 2010, 03:12 PM
At least Alan didn't
have to die in yet another Joss show! It's only fair they killed Bennett off after she took over Wash's chair. :P

rosey_angel
February 1st, 2010, 03:44 PM
At least Alan didn't
have to die in yet another Joss show! It's only fair they killed Bennett off after she took over Wash's chair. :P

heehee yes, it does have a certain irony to it :P

I don't think Alpha died per se... He just went back to his original self. Which I guess is a kind of death...
And *ahem* BENNETT!!!! First casualty :(

i know!!! so many died i can't keep track of them all.
yeah i don't think alpha 'died' died either, but the alpha we know and love is gone

LiliJ
February 1st, 2010, 03:58 PM
At least Alan didn't

Mmm...

Took his chair? :S

Achaja
February 3rd, 2010, 03:07 AM
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad192/Achajka2/alpha.jpg

rosey_angel
February 3rd, 2010, 11:46 PM
*fans self* woooh boy that's one hot piccy

BJdavidLS
February 5th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Mmm...

Took his chair? :S

Yes, well, River sat at Wash's place at the end of Serenity.
Or maybe Mal did and River set at the opposite chair...

LiliJ
February 5th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Mal sat in Wash's chair. River sat in the co-pilot's chair :P

rosey_angel
February 28th, 2010, 11:18 PM
eeee *bites nails* i saw season 2 from... a friend.... before it aired on telly, but my sister didn't. now it's airing and i'm having the hardest time not talking about things she hasn't seen! i was just about too mention alpha but l kept my mouth shut.

i miss him *sniffle*

LiliJ
March 1st, 2010, 06:19 AM
I knoooooooow I have the same problem whenever watching Firefly with my sis because of all the in-jokes Whedon wrote into Dollhouse in the Bennett eps...

Even her death was an in joke! Evil sense of humour.

Canonfodder
March 15th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I knoooooooow I have the same problem whenever watching Firefly with my sis because of all the in-jokes Whedon wrote into Dollhouse in the Bennett eps...

Even her death was an in joke! Evil sense of humour.

What is the in joke there? I thought I got all of the jokes with her character... but I missed that one

LiliJ
March 15th, 2010, 09:22 AM
It's just cruel...

In the locker scene of Serenity, with River and Simon, she begs him to "put a bullet to me. Straight through the brain bands and squish!" Which, you know, is exactly how Bennett dies. Whiskey could have shot her anywhere, but Whedon chose the brain. And the in-jokes pile up... :P