PDA

View Full Version : How did you guys know it was ...?

Duneknight
October 26th, 2009, 03:01 AM
seriously i never saw that coming. it looked like an accident of sorts. i mean whos sane enough to have a ship go through a star? the thought of it collecting some weird matter from stars came to mind but not in this episode, only in the pilot.

Mongoletsi
October 26th, 2009, 03:03 AM
I just figured Destiny intended to do that all along, it knew exactly what its remaining capabilities were and exactly what it needed to do. Thus, if it headed for the sun, it meant to.

Inquisitor
October 26th, 2009, 03:06 AM
1) They can't lose the ship
2) Ship needs power
=> refuel

Commander Zelix
October 26th, 2009, 03:07 AM
I guess some deduction can be read here since this thread predate the Light episode.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70175

Duneknight
October 26th, 2009, 03:17 AM
you guys gotten used to the fact that the ship always knows what its doing. how come Atlantis wasnt equipped with such intelligence? there is a reason people.

retiredat44
October 26th, 2009, 03:18 AM
just how many sci-fi shows and episodes of ship refueling from stars and nebulas do you have to see before it gets old..

of course we saw it coming..

maybe not from the ship being dark, but when the star came into the picture..

Commander Zelix
October 26th, 2009, 03:19 AM
you guys gotten used to the fact that the ship always knows what its doing. how come Atlantis wasnt equipped with such intelligence? there is a reason people.
One reason: Space Odyssey 2001!!! ;)

Duneknight
October 26th, 2009, 03:23 AM
just how many sci-fi shows and episodes of ship refueling from stars and nebulas do you have to see before it gets old..

its old but a ship diving into a star like that? i never thought that was feasible with a ship so damaged. i mean if a sun cant hurt you than what can?

dosed150
October 26th, 2009, 03:23 AM
i thought it would only skim the star to refuel

Commander Zelix
October 26th, 2009, 03:26 AM
The only thing that is strange is that with all the shield breaches we saw in the other episode. It didn't seem to affect the Destiny as it dipped into the Sun.

Duneknight
October 26th, 2009, 03:28 AM
i thought it would only skim the star to refuel

now that makes more sense, you dont really need to go into the star to get hydrogen and uranium or whatever. maybe anti-matter. what did it collect again?

retiredat44
October 26th, 2009, 03:29 AM

why didn't Atlantis use cold fusion for power, after all, being in the middle of the ocean, and the elements making up the water.. didn't they ever explain why it would/would not work?

Azureus
October 26th, 2009, 03:31 AM

It was, you just didn't see it much, but one example was when the people got infected by that nano virus, the city locked everything down except for those in hazmats, who were allowed through by the city, once it detected the virus was gone, it released the lockout.

It's just more prominent in Universe, ancients devices in general (the stargate itself) are full of security and life preserving protocols.

Duneknight
October 26th, 2009, 03:32 AM
The only thing that is strange is that with all the shield breaches we saw in the other episode. It didn't seem to affect the Destiny as it dipped into the Sun.

yeah that is weird. makes you wonder about how it got wrecked if its meant to be super strong.

Azureus
October 26th, 2009, 03:34 AM

True, but for all we know those shields we saw were just containtment shields and not functioning properly/damaged, the main shield could be fine.

Azureus
October 26th, 2009, 03:38 AM
yeah that is weird. makes you wonder about how it got wrecked if its meant to be super strong.

It has an ancient shield, and as we know, so long as power is there, they've been consistently shown to defend against anything. Destiny only needed to collect power and so some of it could have augmented the shields whilst it was in the corona.

Similiar to how on atlantis they stopped the gate exploding by encapsulating it in the city shield, now that did burn out after a minute or two, but Destiny was in the sun for around a minute or so I believe, so it makes sense to me that it came out of it before its emitters were fried.

Saquist
October 26th, 2009, 04:32 AM
seriously i never saw that coming. it looked like an accident of sorts. i mean whos sane enough to have a ship go through a star? the thought of it collecting some weird matter from stars came to mind but not in this episode, only in the pilot.

The ship has to have some sort of reactor. Star Plasma will eventually cool to inert hydrogen so that hydrogen likely is fueling a power plant.

I knew the ship was going to refuel because of it's course at the end of the episode and that the ship wasn't completely out of power like Rush said. They still had life support and partial shields. So when Rush said, Our power is....gone, all our reserves....are gone...I knew that was a set up because it wasn't true, they still had power.

Angst:
This is why I say that Darkness should have been the first episode, then Air.
Because if the ship didn't have so many holes to need forcefields and power then that wouldn't have given away that the ship had power in Light.

If you knew the ship had power and the trajectory was not accidental (which would be an astronomical coincidence of the highest order....

Then you knew.

Duneknight
October 26th, 2009, 04:35 AM
It has an ancient shield, and as we know, so long as power is there, they've been consistently shown to defend against anything. Destiny only needed to collect power and so some of it could have augmented the shields whilst it was in the corona.

Similiar to how on atlantis they stopped the gate exploding by encapsulating it in the city shield, now that did burn out after a minute or two, but Destiny was in the sun for around a minute or so I believe, so it makes sense to me that it came out of it before its emitters were fried.

corona always sounded sexy to me.

Duneknight
October 26th, 2009, 04:41 AM
The ship has to have some sort of reactor. Star Plasma will eventually cool to inert hydrogen so that hydrogen likely is fueling a power plant.

I knew the ship was going to refuel because of it's course at the end of the episode and that the ship wasn't completely out of power like Rush said. They still had life support and partial shields. So when Rush said, Our power is....gone, all our reserves....are gone...I knew that was a set up because it wasn't true, they still had power.

Angst:
Because if the ship didn't have so many holes to need forcefields and power then that wouldn't have given away that the ship had power in Light.

If you knew the ship had power and the trajectory was not accidental (which would be an astronomical coincidence of the highest order....

Then you knew.

what made you so sure though. anything couldve happened.

rlr149
October 26th, 2009, 04:58 AM
i used to play a game in 1984 called elite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_%28video_game%29) on the bbc micro, had to pull a similar maneuver to get free fuel.

not INTO a star admittedly, that's ridiculous!;) just had to skim it in the game.

the idea isn't new.

Saquist
October 26th, 2009, 05:04 AM
i used to play a game in 1984 called elite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_%28video_game%29) on the bbc micro, had to pull a similar maneuver to get free fuel.

not INTO a star admittedly, that's ridiculous!;) just had to skim it in the game.

the idea isn't new.

Great Scott! I've played that game too. I was never good at that maneuver let alone the docking but I was real young so...

what made you so sure though. anything couldve happened.

It's just and educated guess.
But then again it is a TV show so this was very obvious from just that stand point. If there had been something that happened to throw off it's course I would said the star trajectory was an accident but trajectories like that don't just happen on accident.

It's the first real attempt of SGU to be real and scientific.

aream2000
October 26th, 2009, 05:13 AM

atlantis was pretty intelligent but it wasn't built to be unmaned for part of its life like destiny was

Duneknight
October 26th, 2009, 05:14 AM

the idea isn't new.

haha well im not that old, but i played Sins of the Solar empire and you had to refuel colony ships by going to a star.

rlr149
October 26th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Great Scott! I've played that game too. I was never good at that maneuver let alone the docking but I was real young so...

embrace me brother!!:cool:

back when being "elite" or "leet" meant something;)

haha well im not that old, but i played Sins of the Solar empire and you had to refuel colony ships by going to a star.

akkan battlecruiser if you play TEC has colonize as ability, i don't build colony ships;) eradicate enemies in system and instantly colonize neutral planets:cool:

Encoder
October 26th, 2009, 05:27 AM
The concept of the Buzzard Scoop has been around for years. Chemically based engines would require simple elements and the best way to get them is to fly right thru them.

The shields protected against radiation and heat whilst Destiny (how ever she did it) refueled on at least the basics.

The length of time spent within the star suggests that either Destiny is now at capacity, or that the cost of running the shields at that power for that duration was simply too much.

Either way we're now at least charged enuf to get things moving along!

:sheppard:

kirmit
October 26th, 2009, 05:29 AM
I knew it was refuelling, it had to, otherwise the show couldn't continue, I just wasn't expecting the destiny to fly right into the star!

mjwalshe
October 26th, 2009, 05:35 AM

Its a fairly old SF Trophe wildeness refuleing from Gas giants is a common method of refuling in SF - not seen it done in a sun that offten unless its a shout out to Samuel R. Delany's NOVA ( a proto cyberpunk classic)

Count
October 26th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Ancient ships do stupid things all the time, that's how i knew. The Destiny was smart enough to be able to find exactly what it needed to have hte LS system repaired with Rush just telling it what hte problem was, it was made to be self sufficient for millions of years without support. It's a freaking computer. There is no way in existance it would be stupid enough to FAIL to pull off a slingshot maneouvre without knowing exactly where it was ending up. Not unless the planet exploded halfway through the maneouvre or the Destiny flew into something.

s09119
October 26th, 2009, 06:26 AM
akkan battlecruiser if you play TEC has colonize as ability, i don't build colony ships;) eradicate enemies in system and instantly colonize neutral planets:cool:

Pshhh, colony capital ships are overrated. Kol all the way!

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Well, it was pretty obvious that the whole thing had to do with refueling in some form.

I was quite annoyed with the fact that a self-proclaimed geek like Eli didn't see it coming, since there are numerous references in sci-fi...It was one of the things that bugged me about the episode.
Okay, so say Young & Co. aren't willing to put their fate in Eli's hands. Say they still go ahead and send off the shuttle and prepare for the end but, for God's sake, at least acknowledge the possibility.

Saquist
October 26th, 2009, 07:43 AM
embrace me brother!!:cool:

back when being "elite" or "leet" meant something;)

Yes, sir. I remember fighting that really big ship...I think is was the Anaconda, and my fingers cramping from the keyboard maneuvers.

ALot of good times on that one.

AVFan
October 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I deduced it pretty fast from a few different things (and none of them are prior sci-fi plot devices).

Since it's a series that is based off of the Destiny, it wouldn't make sense to have the ship crash into the star and be destroyed. This means it would have to veer out of the way most likely, and to veer out of the way, you need power. There wasn't anything in the star system that would have that much power except a star, which it was headed right towards. Obviously stars are massive centers for power generation. It was only logical.

That beside, the massive coincidence that a ship would lose power, come out of hyperspace (and anywhere near a solar system mind you) aimed right for a planet that, in turn, slows it down and aims it straight for the sun of that system. That's got to be like a 1 in like 438324023840803284 x 10^999999 chance. Well, maybe not that small of a chance, but you get the idea. It was not a coincidence.

Iguana775
October 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I thought it would use the sun to get power but didnt think it actually fly in it. I figured that once someone would have said the ship knew what it was doing. Though, looks like Rush might have in the end.

Commander Zelix
October 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Well, it was pretty obvious that the whole thing had to do with refueling in some form.

I was quite annoyed with the fact that a self-proclaimed geek like Eli didn't see it coming, since there are numerous references in sci-fi...It was one of the things that bugged me about the episode.
They can't be sure as us TV viewers. But they should have mention it as a possibility and take it into account.

thekillman
October 26th, 2009, 01:12 PM
it's pretty easy.

when the concept of Destiny first came out, some people theorised it was powered by black holes, dozens of ZPM's, subspace taps.

i thought two things: either a Subspace Tap (unlikely) or a Fusion Powercore *ancient version*.

when needing long-lasting fuel, the best fuel is renewable fuel.

also, it's going directly for a star. a star is energetic. besides, it's a red dwarf, which is quite cool and thus easy to harvest from. the Gas Giant's gas was probably too contaminated.

it was a kind of 1+1=2

Eternal Density
October 26th, 2009, 10:02 PM
My logic was: the ship isn't going to be destroyed, therefore it's not actually going to fly into the star. The ship has practically no power, therefore it's going to get power in time. The only source of energy available in the star itself, therefore the ship must somehow get energy from the star. However I never expected it to be able (or need) to fly completely into the star, so I had expected it would somehow get enough energy right before it reached the typical 'point of no return' that would kill everyone. Having secret power reserves (which make sense - it's not going to let anyone use the power it needs to refuel) and the ability to fly into the star and harvest what it needs to refuel was an awesome surprise :D

it was a kind of 1+1=2I thought it was more of a 1+4-3=2

DigiFluid
October 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Deductive reasoning ;)

The ship is over 50 million years old, it has to replenish itself somehow.

My suspicion was that skimming the gas giant picked up something for fuel, and skimming the star would provide heat and more fuel with which to process. I was half-right, but the principle was sound.

Avenger
October 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM

Well, given that the the ship being destroyed would end the show, for one. But with the ship being so lower on power and the ship being completely automated, it wasn't an accident that the ship was headed straight to the sun.

Saquist
October 27th, 2009, 05:47 AM
My problem is why no refuel the to 100%?
That doesn't make any sense.

jelgate
October 27th, 2009, 06:35 AM
My problem is why no refuel the to 100%?
That doesn't make any sense.

Given its age maybe it was incapable of refueling to 100%

DigiFluid
October 27th, 2009, 06:59 AM
At this point, all the gauges on the dash of my 15 year old car are pretty much vague approximations. I imagine the 50+ million year old Destiny is suffering from the same.

Kaiphantom
October 27th, 2009, 08:49 AM

Was it stated that it wasn't at 100% now? I don't think we know.

Anyway, I didn't see the "dipping into the star" part coming, but I figured that at least it might get energy from solar panels, like we do on earth. The ones we have now are about 20% efficient, which means it converts 20% of the light into energy. I figure the ancients could build ones that were 95% to 100% efficient(converting all light into power). Also, the closer you get to a star, the more power you can get from them.

They could have had a system to conver the heat received from the star into power at the same time, too. That's a lot of energy you'd be getting.

And like others have said, they wouldn't have destroyed the ship this early in the series.

FallenAngelII
October 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I just thought that the ship would somehow survive it. Maybe there were reserves for the shield, maybe the shield was built out of some kind of super-material that can survive the heat of a sun.

KEK
October 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM

The reason is that Atlantis was a city that was built with the intention of always being populated, whereas the Destiny was designed to operate unmanned and fend for itself.

Jeff-B
October 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Actually, a more common sci-fi solution would have been to depressurize a bunch of compartments on one side of the ship( manually, in this case) to nudge it off course. Or maybe use the shuttle's thrusters to do the same, although that idea was quickly shot down by Rush.

Another thought just occurred to me:
Atlantis had a built in self preservation mode too, even if it was due to Weir's suggestion. The whole "Rising" thing.

Control_Chair
October 27th, 2009, 04:19 PM

Okay, so say Young & Co. aren't willing to put their fate in Eli's hands. Say they still go ahead and send off the shuttle and prepare for the end but, for God's sake, at least acknowledge the possibility.

Agreed I found it rediculous that nobody on the ship reslised what was happening untill the last minuite. Like one of the characters said in Darkness, what are the chances of dropping out of FTL on the edge of a solar system? Combine this with carying out an areobraking manouvre in a gas giant and winding up on a colission course with a sun all by chance. It defies logic that no one realised the ship was doing it for some reason --> i.e. refuel.

Sonicbluemustang
October 27th, 2009, 05:47 PM
It seems like it would have refueled to 100% imo.

Dain
October 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Only because the refueling idea seemed obvious, that didn't mean the episode failed to surprise or was too easy to predict. In my eyes, the "obvious solution" seems no different from people rightfully expecting the team to find the limestone before the end of the pilot episode.

I certainly didn't expect the Destiny to dive into the star in such an awesome way.

Agreed I found it rediculous that nobody on the ship reslised what was happening untill the last minuite. Like one of the characters said in Darkness, what are the chances of dropping out of FTL on the edge of a solar system? Combine this with carying out an areobraking manouvre in a gas giant and winding up on a colission course with a sun all by chance. It defies logic that no one realised the ship was doing it for some reason --> i.e. refuel.

That was pretty obvious, but an even larger coincidence to appearing at the edge of a solar system was the initial areobreaking-course into the gas giant. That would have needed even more maneuvering and preparation work. Since the Destiny only needed the star itself, I'm a bit confused why it didn't beeline straight to the sun. Apart from just being a cool scene, of course.

Since many people predicted seom kind of refueling process straight away, the gas giant was perhaps intended as a Red Herring: its atmosphere could also conceivably have served as fuel. I certainly thought so.

Actually, a more common sci-fi solution would have been to depressurize a bunch of compartments on one side of the ship( manually, in this case) to nudge it off course. Or maybe use the shuttle's thrusters to do the same, although that idea was quickly shot down by Rush.

Another thought just occurred to me:
Atlantis had a built in self preservation mode too, even if it was due to Weir's suggestion. The whole "Rising" thing.

Well, he shot it down for the right reasons: That might have worked if you wanted to avoid an asteroid, but in the light of their short preparation time, it wouldn't have done much good in avoiding a star with its massive gravitation and a diameter of a hundred thousand kilometers. :)

Eternal Density
October 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM
It has to use the Triforce to refuel completely.

Krazeh
October 27th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Why is it ridiculous that they didn't realise? They don't have the advantage that we do of knowing that not only will the ship survive but they will remain onboard and it will be refuelling itself within the solar system.

Given that they know the Destiny recieves information about planets from the seeder ships then it'd be logical for them to deduce that the Destiny, when apparently out of power and about to die, would try and get close to a system that contained planets which could sustain life. Working from that premise, and following thier assumption that the aerobraking manoeuvre was designed to bring them into the system, it would be further logical to deduce that the aerobraking had gone wrong (probably due to lack of power) and it wasn't intended for the Destiny to be headed for a star.

In their position I can't see how they could have come up with any other conclusion than they did. Don't think they had access to nearly enough information to even get close to hypothesising that the Destiny was gonna use the sun to refuel.

Eternal Density
October 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I sure hope that next time they're in a similar situation they consider that Destiny knows what it's doing. It would be ironic if they then realise that something really is going wrong and they have to fix what would have been an easy repair at the very last minute because they assumed it was supposed to be that way.

Marsuvees
October 27th, 2009, 07:41 PM

The show was not going to end on the 5th episode. And as someone said elsewhere, where are they going to find a power source on a planet that can power the destiny.

Captain Obvious
October 28th, 2009, 01:41 AM

Those weren't holes in the ships energy shields, they were gaps in the internal shields/containment fields. 2 completely separate systems. The ships outer shields make a bubble around the whole ship, the smaller containment fields fill in gaps in the hull to keep the air from leaking out.

It seems like it would have refueled to 100% imo.

I will copy someones analogy - after years of use, a laptop's rechargeable battery doesn't last nearly as long. after thousands of years, I can easily see max power storage being 40% or so on just the batteries. They most likely still have to try to get main power online instead of running straight off battery reserves.

s09119
October 28th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I sure hope that next time they're in a similar situation they consider that Destiny knows what it's doing. It would be ironic if they then realise that something really is going wrong and they have to fix what would have been an easy repair at the very last minute because they assumed it was supposed to be that way.

Exactly. Were we in the crew's position, we wouldn't just go "Oh, it's gonna refuel! Don't worry, guys, go about your business as we fly into a star." We'd panic and try to find a way to escape, too. Even if they figured out what it might be doing, why risk the lives of everyone aboard on a hunch?

Saquist
October 28th, 2009, 09:55 AM

What does that mean,sir?

jelgate
October 28th, 2009, 09:58 AM
What does that mean,sir?

Take a look at your cell phone and its battery. After a years or so that battery won't last as long as when you originally bought it. Now apply that scenario to the Destiny. Old age has prevented the Destiny from refueling to 100% of what it originally had back when the Ancients launched the ship

JoshuaJSlone
October 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM
They spent so much time in the first few episodes going on about how the ship was doing things for a reason that their change of heart to "Oh, it's going to the star but this must be a mistake." wasn't very convincing.

What I want to know is why it didn't go into a star sooner. I hope not every time the thing refuels it bothers to go through a period of ultra-low power and slingshotting around planets just to make it to a sun. I know I don't wait until my car is running on fumes to coast into a gas station.

Captain Obvious
October 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM
They spent so much time in the first few episodes going on about how the ship was doing things for a reason that their change of heart to "Oh, it's going to the star but this must be a mistake." wasn't very convincing.

What I want to know is why it didn't go into a star sooner. I hope not every time the thing refuels it bothers to go through a period of ultra-low power and slingshotting around planets just to make it to a sun. I know I don't wait until my car is running on fumes to coast into a gas station.

I am under the impression that it might specifically use red giants for this purpose, less odds of damaging an advanced civilization, since the expansion to a red giant would wipe out and move the " Goldilocks zone" for any system and decreases the odds of having life in the system. If we roll with this theory, then destiny really hadn't planned for the reserves to get this low, but the presence of humans on board made her change her plans.

I am going to roll with the suspicion I have that the AI on the destiny is rudimentary at best. It seems to be a very basic logic engine " If X happens, Do Y".

Eternal Density
October 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM
What I want to know is why it didn't go into a star sooner. I hope not every time the thing refuels it bothers to go through a period of ultra-low power and slingshotting around planets just to make it to a sun. I know I don't wait until my car is running on fumes to coast into a gas station.My guess: it was cruising in low power mode so it would have lasted quite a while longer if the evacuees hadn't showed up. Then it prioritised fixing the air problem over refuelling. Perhaps it could have reached the refueling point sooner if it hadn't stopped off in range of the desert planet, but then everyone would be dead. I wonder if the countdown timer is the Destiny's way of keeping on schedule for future planned refueling and alignments of things it intends to visit.

Captain Obvious: its a red dwarf, not giant.

Arwis
October 28th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Everyone was speculating that ships needs some sort of power... And when at the end of darkness they showed up a ship heading to star it was more than obvious what is going to happen in the next episode.

Eternal Density
October 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
the thought of it collecting some weird matter from stars came to mind but not in this episode, only in the pilot.Say, given that it was a red dwarf it collected matter from... yeah.

Quadhelix
October 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I knew the ship was going to refuel because of it's course at the end of the episode and that the ship wasn't completely out of power like Rush said. They still had life support and partial shields.

Wait, what?

As far as anyone knew, the life support and shields had stopped functioning: we know from "Air" that they can last at least a day without life support. That doesn't really matter, because running air through a filter probably doesn't use too much power.

Furthermore, if you are referring to the lack of air loss as evidence that the shields were still working, then you are dead wrong: in "Air," the problem with the shuttle and other areas was that the shields were only slowing the air loss, not stopping it. In order to actually stop the air loss, they had to close air-tight bulkheads; those bulkheads would still be closed when the power failed, so in any case the loss of the shield wouldn't cause the ship to depressurize.

Icedragon
October 31st, 2009, 12:46 AM
1) They can't lose the ship
2) Ship needs power
=> refuel

Now that would be a major twist.

"Oh did we forget to mention that the ship and most of the 'regulars' would be lost early on. Sorry bout that."

ImperiousLeader
October 31st, 2009, 06:20 AM
From the moment I saw the end of "Darkness" I knew the Destiny was headed to the Star for refueling, I wasn't expecting it to go through it however, awesome stuff.

What I am surprised about though is how the crew never figured that out, or to be more accurate, why the Script writers expected us to be stupid enough to not figure that out, it was obvious, and there is no way people (on board Destiny)that smart wouldn't have figured it out either.
The ship is supposed to have been going for millions of Years, it would be too much of a coincidence for it to get blown up in a star shortly after everyone arrived.

pmikk
October 31st, 2009, 07:12 AM
I saw it coming. It was a bit unbelievable that no people on the ship did. Space is vast and stars are just little tiny particles of dust compared to that vastness. Even a starsystem is huge compared to the tiny star in the center. Okay the star pulls the ship whit it`s gravity but it was still a red dwarf not a neutron star or black hole or something. Setting the ship`s trajectory towards that little piece dust in the vast space by accident is as likely as winning a lottery. I think Rush suspected it coming trough.

Mesmer7
November 8th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Come on guys. It was obvious. When an engineer designs a car, he doesn't load it up with 10 years of fuel. He assumes you'll refuel at a gas station every couple of weeks. Same with a space ship. I don't care how advanced you are, you can't load a ship up with 100,000 years of fuel before take off. That much mass would be impossible to move. The ship has to refuel itself along the way. And the only source of fuel that you could guarantee would be present is plasma from the stars.

escyos
November 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM
it waqs pretty obvious...but very impressive, i though it would use solar panels or something simple,...i was wrong :)