PDA

View Full Version : Where would you have been?

jsonitsac
October 25th, 2009, 06:28 PM
If you "lost" the lottery and were on Destiny as she sped into the star where would you have been? Personally I'm not sure. I guess I'd be alone, or maybe watching it all happen while in the observation lounge. At some point I believe that I would have lost it emotionally. Anyway, what do you think you would have done?

GateroomGuard
October 25th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I always wanted to see a sun up close. Probably up on the observation deck marveling at God's creation.

jelgate
October 25th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Challenging Rush to a duel

P-90_177
October 25th, 2009, 06:33 PM
assuming chloe was alone........with her..........if eli was there i'd trick him away, lock him in a closet and go back to chloe.......if chloe wasn't there.......probably be trying to lighten the mood among the crew or possibly just walking about exploring the ship.

malfunction
October 25th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I would start walking around Destiny in order to see as much of it as possible before it was destroyed with all on board.

PacoJr67
October 25th, 2009, 06:34 PM
probably running through the unexplored bits of the ship looking for another shuttle or something like that

GuHNDoi
I would have been on the observation deck, watching it in first person view! Staring Death in the face, so to speak. Then ascend right before I die!

But maybe not.

M2W
Probably with the prayer group.

Orion Antreas
October 25th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Observation Deck watching the beautiful, yet haunting view. :P

I might have said the prayer group, but I guess I could say a prayer while watching the view.

AcidBeast
October 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I'd be alone, trying to find some sleep.

Count
October 25th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I'd have found a spacesuit, tied myself to the ship and gone outside. If i was certain i was gonna die, i think personally seeing the way i was gonna go would be much more enjoyable then sitting behind an unshielded craft being ripped apart from tidal stress and radiation exposure. Being in a space suit would have assured quick death compared to being trapped in the Destiny.

lordofseas
October 25th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I'd have found a spacesuit, tied myself to the ship and gone outside. If i was certain i was gonna die, i think personally seeing the way i was gonna go would be much more enjoyable then sitting behind an unshielded craft being ripped apart from tidal stress and radiation exposure. Being in a space suit would have assured quick death compared to being trapped in the Destiny.

The speed at the Destiny was going, you would have been ripped from the ship. :P

Eternal Density
October 25th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I'd be with the fun people. Not because I'm any good at cards though.

Nemises
October 25th, 2009, 06:42 PM
having sex with chole...im sure she would have complied!! :D

Alteran of Atlantis
October 25th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I'd probably be on the observation deck, watching. I'd want to take in the beautiful view before I died. I'd probably talk to or comofrt those around me, if I was not alone.

Krazeh
October 25th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Would like to think if I remained emotionally stable enough to not go mental at the thought of impending death then i'd either spend the time trying to see as much of the Destiny as possible, or watch it from the observation deck.

On a slightly different note this thread has made me consider what happened to the guy who got knocked out by Greer. The last we saw of him if I recall correctly is him asking the poker lot where everyone was. Wonder if they'd write in someone not having the strength to deal with the situation and having taken their own life?

dahok
October 25th, 2009, 06:54 PM
As another poster has mentioned before, Hollywood would have us shack up with people and be calm. Which reminds me of that South Park episode where the entire stadium of people starts stripping down once they hear the world is going to end.

I'd probably go to the Observation Deck too, but shaking the whole time.

Shpinxinator
October 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
In quiet prayer

Saquist
October 25th, 2009, 07:30 PM
If you "lost" the lottery and were on Destiny as she sped into the star where would you have been? Personally I'm not sure. I guess I'd be alone, or maybe watching it all happen while in the observation lounge. At some point I believe that I would have lost it emotionally. Anyway, what do you think you would have done?

I would be anxious but not scared.
I would have been alone, in prayer reflecting on the happiest and most satifiying moments my life, then I would draw a final piece of art work.

Lord Kira
October 25th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I would have put a bullet in my head.

The way Rush described how it would all end... I'd rather already be dead than go through that.

Replicator Todd
October 25th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Id roam the ship....looking for something new.

Eternal Density
October 25th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Wishing I was with Vanessa James. Or TJ. Or Lisa Park. Or Wray. Because they're all on the shuttle.
[edit]No, I changed my mind upon realising that Scott still hadn't showered at that point.

the fifth man
October 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I would be by myself, thinking of my loved ones.

GateroomGuard
October 25th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Wishing I was with Vanessa James. Or TJ. Or Lisa Park. Or Wray. Because they're all on the shuttle.

If repopulation was an idea then the guys on the shuttle probably were feeling pretty good. ;)

But at least you still have Chloe.

Radz
October 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Heh...I'm exactly opposite of EVERYBODY so far. I wouldn't accept my fate...we make our own and I'd be doing everything I could to try and access ship's systems and save everybody.

On another note, I'd also be one who didn't put my name in the lottery. I'm not giving up on Destiny and coincidently the ONLY way home at this point.

Eternal Density
October 25th, 2009, 08:10 PM
But at least you still have Chloe.No thanks.

Cold Fuzz
October 25th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I would have assembled a small cadre of disgruntled shipmates and properly "thanked" Rush for stranding us all onboard the Destiny. :ronananime16: Just joking! ;)

Kidding aside, I would have made an effort to visit with just about every single member of the remaining crew: Dale Volker and the others in the "fun people" lounge, a brief chat with those in prayer, and at least a brief chat with Colonel Young and Greer.

At the end of it, I would go into the observation room and stare directly at the fate that was awaiting me and smile. I have to agree with Greer. Going out in fire isn't a bad way to go at all. Better to die in that fashion than to slowly suffocate, starve to death, or freeze to death. Swallowed in fire...but not in darkness.

Eternal Density
October 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Hmm, talk about missed opportunities to throw someone screaming into the sun :(

Cold Fuzz
October 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Hmm, talk about missed opportunities to throw someone screaming into the sun :(

Well hey, all you had to do was ask! ;) I could still assemble that cadre of disgruntled Destiny crewmates and spaced Rush right into his destiny...the red dwarf. :psycho: j/k

Lt. Jeffer
October 26th, 2009, 12:39 AM
i would be in the observation room and pray while the ship get closer to the sun

Count
October 26th, 2009, 05:44 AM
The speed at the Destiny was going, you would have been ripped from the ship. :P

Actually, no i wouldn't :P

Physics dictates that i would have maintained the same speed as the ship, even while i was tethered (This is relativistic velocity), the only reason objects get torn from each other is due to friction in an atmosphere. If a ship was flying 10,000mph in an atmosphere and i tried to dangle from a cable i'd get ripped in half or the cable would snap, but with no drag in space, i'd keep going with the ship, no hassels whatsoever :)

Encoder
October 26th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Observation Lounge...for me, if I'm going to have to die, I'd like to look the taker of my life right in the eye as it happens!

:sheppard:

Encoder
October 26th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Well hey, all you had to do was ask! ;) I could still assemble that cadre of disgruntled Destiny crewmates and spaced Rush right into his destiny...the red dwarf. :psycho: j/k

You could have used Spencer, he wouldn't have known after that smack to the face he took from Greer! :)

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Challenging Rush to a duelYou would SOOOOO be stalking Chloe. Don't even deny it!

jelgate
October 26th, 2009, 06:41 AM
You would SOOOOO be stalking Chloe. Don't even deny it!

I couldn't. You stole the Kino to stalk Greer

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 06:54 AM
I couldn't. You stole the Kino to stalk GreerThere's more than one...:mckay:

escyos
October 26th, 2009, 06:56 AM
licking everything on the ship....well id do that if i wasnt flying into a star......i lick things in real life.....im weird

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 06:58 AM
licking everything on the ship....well id do that if i wasnt flying into a star......i lick things in real life.....im weird"Weird" doesn't quite cover it...

escyos
October 26th, 2009, 07:00 AM
"Weird" doesn't quite cover it...

it all started off as a dare between friends to see who could lick what (people not included), now i do it for the fun and the taste...of LIFE!

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 07:11 AM
You sound more and more like the crazy serial killer from that "Perfume" movie...

KEK
October 26th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I'd be Kirking it up...

escyos
October 26th, 2009, 07:57 AM
You sound more and more like the crazy serial killer from that "Perfume" movie...

....thats absurd!....i NEVER kill anyone the same way :cameron:

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I'd be Kirking it up...That position has already been filled on SGU.

KEK
October 26th, 2009, 08:07 AM
That position has already been filled on SGU.

I believe there'd be a vacancy.

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I believe there'd be a vacancy.He's too big of a Kirk for anyone else to live up to him. All the women left behind probably automatically became lesbians once Scott got on that shuttle.

Meshakhad
October 26th, 2009, 11:14 AM
i would be in the observation room and pray while the ship get closer to the sun

This. The only reason I wouldn't have joined the prayer group is that I'm Jewish. Also, I think that if I were on Destiny, I would probably get along well with Eli, and Chloe needs comforting. I wouldn't take advantage of her - I'd just be there for her. Because she's a terrified human being, and I would want my last act in this universe to be a selfless one. So another reason to be on the observation deck.

As Destiny approached the sun, I would pray. There are certain blessings I would say, including one praising G-d for the majesty of His creation.

When Rush told us that we were going to live, I would have promptly hugged him, sung a song of thanks to G-d, and then taken in the awesome view of a star's interior. Geeking out would be optional.

aretood2
October 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
This. The only reason I wouldn't have joined the prayer group is that I'm Jewish.

you could always pray elsewhere, That's what I would be doing. My flavor of Christianity doesn't quite agree with any of the other ones.

Commander Zelix
October 26th, 2009, 02:11 PM
In the Light episode, we saw the reactions of some of the Destiny crew member to their impending death. Rush read a book...any book. Greer got naked and kind of meditated.

What would you have done if you were on the Destiny crew and your death was imminent?

I think I would have tried to either sleep it off or watch the whole thing on the observation deck.

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 02:14 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70632

DigiFluid
October 26th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I'd be trying to get laid too.

Commander Zelix
October 26th, 2009, 02:18 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70632
Missed that one.

Jeff O'Connor
October 26th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I can't tell you. I don't think this is the kind of question I'd truly know until I was faced with it. I'm not confident enough in myself to stick with what I post here and now. It's too lofty an issue.

For fun's sake, though, I might be on the observation deck. No way I'd watch that on TV. ;)

EvilSpaceAlien
October 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I'd be on the Destiny's observation deck. Or possibly getting laid.

And Reddevil would be "talking" to Greer. http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/jack/jackanime13.gif http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/jack2/jack_new_anime08.gif

tainor
October 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM
If I was there, I would have sat quietly on the observation deck and meditating, reflecting upon all that has happened in my life, and hopefully not regretting anything that I may have/may have not done.
What a better way to die, then to fly into a star, certainly not a boring dead after all.

Tain :thor:

Cold Fuzz
October 26th, 2009, 04:08 PM
You could have used Spencer, he wouldn't have known after that smack to the face he took from Greer! :)

Ah, but the satisfaction comes from watching their reaction as they get spaced. They have to know they're getting spaced, otherwise it's not as fun! :psycho:

OK, I can't believe I actually wrote that but I'm posting it anyway! :cameronanime12:

Hermiiod
October 26th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I would have been on the a deck where I could have gotten the best view of the Star and hopefully gotten some people to come with me. I would casually start singing to myself "The Minstrel Boy" and then soon people would start to join me singing. In addition to "The Minstrel Boy" I would also start everyone off singing "How Great Thou Art" and "Blessed Assurance".

GateroomGuard
October 26th, 2009, 07:37 PM
If we had the instruments and enough people I'd get a group to start playing 'Nearer thy God to thee' ala Titanic. When a ship is getting destroyed sad violen music is a must.

Cold Fuzz
October 26th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I would have been on the a deck where I could have gotten the best view of the Star and hopefully gotten some people to come with me. I would casually start singing to myself "The Minstrel Boy" and then soon people would start to join me singing. In addition to "The Minstrel Boy" I would also start everyone off singing "How Great Thou Art" and "Blessed Assurance".

Ah, the Minstrel Boy. I love that tune, aka The Moreen. Impressive lyrics for an equally impressive melody. That would definitely be fitting for watching that star in the observation deck.

*cues an instrumental version of The Minstrel Boy on my computer* :D

Eternal Density
October 26th, 2009, 07:47 PM
He's too big of a Kirk for anyone else to live up to him. All the women left behind probably automatically became lesbians once Scott got on that shuttle.Don't tell Wray or she'll be first in line to boot him out the airlock.

Pharaoh Atem
October 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I always wanted to see a sun up close. Probably up on the observation deck marveling at God's creation.

green

i would be too

Hermiiod
October 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Ah, the Minstrel Boy. I love that tune, aka The Moreen. Impressive lyrics for an equally impressive melody. That would definitely be fitting for watching that star in the observation deck.

*cues an instrumental version of The Minstrel Boy on my computer* :D
Heehee! I did that too :o

Cold Fuzz
October 26th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Heehee! I did that too :o

Great minds think alike. ;)

Schizobadger
October 26th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I would probably go explore the ship to get away from all the depressed, sad people.

Or go around telling everyone how bad their lives were and how aweful and painful their deaths were going to be, just to see them cry. Nah, probably my first choice.

Eternal Density
October 26th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I always wanted to see a sun up close. Probably up on the observation deck marveling at God's creation.Given that the shield seems to block all the nasty radiation but let enough visible light through to see what's there, that would be a pretty awesome view :D Yeah, hanging out on the observation deck for the (http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/uni_season1/105-Light/screencaps/normal_sgu_105_0876.jpg) view (http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=897&pos=733) sounds like a great idea.

Count
October 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM
This. The only reason I wouldn't have joined the prayer group is that I'm Jewish.

I thought the Lord's Prayer was Old Testament, doesn't that get included in Judaism?

GateroomGuard
October 26th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I thought the Lord's Prayer was Old Testament, doesn't that get included in Judaism?

Nope the Lord's Prayer, aka Jesus's prayer, is New Testament. ;)

You might be thinking of some of the Psalms though which would be Old Testament.

DigiFluid
October 26th, 2009, 08:27 PM

The Lord's Prayer is New Testament. Matthew and Luke, IIRC.

MattSilver 3k
October 26th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'd be playing cards, probably. Cheating, definitely. You know, go out with an *******-y bang.

Encoder
October 26th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Ah, but the satisfaction comes from watching their reaction as they get spaced. They have to know they're getting spaced, otherwise it's not as fun! :psycho:

Ah yes, the traditional Simpsons head expansion then the infamous *POP*...

If we had the instruments and enough people I'd get a group to start playing 'Nearer thy God to thee' ala Titanic. When a ship is getting destroyed sad violen music is a must.

Be careful there...you sound like you're heading towards Celine Dion there! :P

Eternal Density
October 26th, 2009, 09:54 PM
The Lord's Prayer is New Testament. Matthew and Luke, IIRC.Yup and as Jewish as Jesus is, he wasn't too popular with the contemporary religious establishment, to say the least.

Cold Fuzz
October 26th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Ah yes, the traditional Simpsons head expansion then the infamous *POP*...

Perhaps the spacing and subsequent head expansion would start off with a facial expression very much like this? ( :D )

http://www.foodpoisonjournal.com/uploads/image/homer-simpson-5(1).jpg

colomon
October 26th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I would have gone and choked dr. rush for getting me stuck on the destiny the destiny in the first place.right before he died i would have told him what general o'neil told ba'al "At Least I'll Have The Pleasure Of Knowing You Died Before Me"
then when we didn't die i would have set up greer to take the fall.i'm sure theirs no CSI team on board so it'll be easy for everyone to believe, seeing how well they get along

Egle01
October 27th, 2009, 02:46 AM
First, I would've been in the gateroom... hugging the 'gate. :o:D Then I would've visited Rush in his quarters. ;) And on to the observation deck, the star's surface looked amazing.

rlr149
October 27th, 2009, 05:31 AM
on the hull like slim pikkens in dr strangelove.:cool:

or having read the other replies

in the observation deck, shouting like captain dan does on the mast during the storm(forest gump).

IcarusAbides
October 27th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I would have been busy trying to find an airlock to throw spencer out of.

EvilSpaceAlien
October 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I would have been busy trying to find an airlock to throw spencer out of.

Need a hand? I'd be happy to help you out. :D

Choo1701
October 27th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'd be on the observation deck watching the great CGI. :cool:
(Oh, and there's Chloe there too :p )

although rlr149 suggestion about riding it down, like Dr Strangelove comes a VERY close second...

IcarusAbides
October 27th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Need a hand? I'd be happy to help you out. :D
Cheers, you hold the door open i'll throw him out.

Betelgeuze
October 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I would not have been in the lottery, because i would rather fly into a start then get stuck on some stupid rock in the middle of nowhere.

And then i would stay on the observation deck to watch Destiny fly into the star.

Girlbot
October 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I'd be standing on the observation deck, watching the show, and trying to go out with as much dignity as I could muster.

ha'tak_
October 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I would take a walk around the ship try to see as much as could of it :)

Lantean General
October 27th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I'd be in the observation room...dancing and singing an impromptu version of the Divinyls classic hit 'I touch myself.'

DigiFluid
October 27th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Please, for the of god, tell me you'd be dressed :p

Automission
October 27th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I'd be looking for the fuse box. Maybe the ship just blew a fuse, you never know!

Lantean General
October 27th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Please, for the of god, tell me you'd be dressed :p

I'm afraid even God cannot save the crew of the Destiny from the sheer awesomeness of me in my Union Jack underwear :)

reddevil18
October 27th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I'm afraid even God cannot save the crew of the Destiny from the sheer awesomeness of me in my Union Jack underwear :)
Well...that still counts as some clothing...

Lantean General
October 27th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Well...that still counts as some clothing...

You'll see! You'll all see!

(FYI reddevil18, your sig is awesome)

O'Neil
October 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I would have been at a console trying to find answers as to why the ship had been lined up to head into the gas giant.

All those smart people on board, and everyone talking about how the ship has been keeping itself alive, and how everything is basically running on autopilot... yet out of the blue, it makes a mistake and is going to fly right into a star.

Hmmm... Yeah Alex, ill take "People who dont see the obvious" for $200 please.

Eestlanna
October 28th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I would have said a quick quiet prayer, make the sign of the cross (because I'm greek orthodox) and then tried to do everything possible to save the situation. I would never accept the opinion that there is nothing we can do. There is always something. I would never abandon hope. I would rather die fighting than just wait dying like a lamb.

prion
October 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Let's see, the first thing I do is say "Crap, I'm screwed".

Then I think I'd like to run around in circles or down corridors screaming at the top of my lungs, just for a minute, cuz you really can't do that in normal society without being labeled 'nutcase' and it's so cathartic and releases stress. Oh yeah, the primal scream stuff they did back in the 80s or something.

And then I'd like to sit in front and watch the ship crash into the sun, cuz sitting in the dark like a toadstool is just, well, blech, plus then you'd stress out just waiting and waiting...

Of cousre, if the ship didn't blow up, I'd be terribly embarrassed about running around like an idiot screaming at the top of my lungs.... ;)

maddmike
October 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I would have been on the observation deck :D

dropstitch
October 28th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I'd find a bloody escape pod!

Lightning Ducj
October 28th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Then I think I'd like to run around in circles or down corridors screaming at the top of my lungs, just for a minute, cuz you really can't do that in normal society without being labeled 'nutcase' and it's so cathartic and releases stress. Oh yeah, the primal scream stuff they did back in the 80s or something.

Well that would be cathartic....and a lot of fun too!

Of cousre, if the ship didn't blow up, I'd be terribly embarrassed about running around like an idiot screaming at the top of my lungs.... ;)

You'd probably have a lot of company so don't worry about it :)

aretood2
October 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM

you could always say that you were freaking out about the lack of coffee
(Your sig).

reddevil18
October 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
You'll see! You'll all see!

(FYI reddevil18, your sig is awesome)
Yeah? Don't make threats unless you plan on backing them up with photos.

And thanks. Crudely made, but I just couldn't resist...

soulgazer
October 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I would have gone pysho cause theres no reason to be good anymore

Tawny
October 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM
A couple of things come to mind when answering this question really.

First off: As soon as the word had spread about flying into the sun, I'd have taken my name out of the lottery. Then I'd have stocked up on some water and some food supplies, one of those space suits if needed, and took a hasty walk to the very nose of the ship, and found a cozy little room. A quick last meal, then I'd be meditating one hell of alot, trying to sort my life out, and maybe squeeze in a last minute Ascension. All that providing I was mentally stable.

If I was kinda hysteric, I'd probably try and take my mind off things, and just chill with some people.
If I'd completely lost the plot, I'd probably go to some out of the way area of the ship, and smash the hell out of things.

And reading the other comments, I'd have to say that if I didn't have the slightest hope of surival, I'd surf the damn ship into the star. One hell of a way to go.

The Ori
October 28th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Just piss on everyone!

leanbarton
October 28th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Is getting naked with Greer an option?

Eternal Density
October 28th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Is getting naked with Greer an option?Yes. Pics or it didn't happen.

Coronach
October 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Probably the way Eli and/or Chloe spent theirs (i.e. on the observation deck). Or maybe played cards with the one group. Two vastly different approaches, indeed, but I can't think of what I'd do.

Eternal Density
October 28th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Use the Kino to record my final thoughts on a topic that's very dear to my heart: leadership.

Tawny
October 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Use the Kino to record my final thoughts on a topic that's very dear to my heart: leadership.

Oh lawd no. :P

WraithQueenH
October 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I would say I'd go to the observation lounge, and sit on the other side (far from chloe and Eli) and sat there quietly praying by myself. Somethings you have to face on your own. But, I'd want to see it, not hide from it.

Eternal Density
October 28th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Okay, here's a better idea: find a way to swap bodies with my worst enemy so I don't have to feel my death and I take someone with me.

prion
October 28th, 2009, 07:26 PM
you could always say that you were freaking out about the lack of coffee
(Your sig).

How true! Or just claim a brief mental breakdown and then put in for worker's comp. camille would just love that....paperwork! ;) *snort*

Halzman
October 28th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I actually could see myself doing what Greer did, but first...

I would of tried to get one last hookup in... if im on a ship that's flying into a sun, I'm not gonna sit around and play cards :/. Pffft... 'fun group' my ass. There was one girl that really caught my eye, I dont recall her name, but she was introduced with the kino-interview segment, where she is explaining that the odds of dropping out of FTL where they did were astronomical, the one who hated earth quakes - she also got chosen during the lottery to go on the shuttle. Really really cute, and smart :) I could talk to her all day about science.

Lt. James would be another choice, for the more obvious reasons.

Back to the Greer thing.... I probably would of tried the whole ascension thing lol I would definitely be meditating though. The observation deck would be the best spot, but it seems to get crowded now and then.

Halzman
October 28th, 2009, 08:01 PM

hah LOL.... McKay is awesome. You've just inspired me to watch that episode, thank you for that!

Apparently people here like pie... so, would you like some? Cause you just earned it.

Tawny
October 28th, 2009, 08:04 PM
@Halzman, It's Dr. Park I think you're on about. And I agree, I find her amazingly cute, and I dont even know why :)

Replicator Todd
October 28th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I would find a crowd of people and yell "THESE ARE THE WRONG PEOPLE, IN THE WRONG PLACE!" :P

Eternal Density
October 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I would find a crowd of people and yell "THESE ARE THE WRONG PEOPLE, IN THE WRONG PLACE!" :PClassy :D
@Halzman, It's Dr. Park I think you're on about. And I agree, I find her amazingly cute, and I dont even know why :)Yes, and yes.
hah LOL.... McKay is awesome. You've just inspired me to watch that episode, thank you for that!

Apparently people here like pie... so, would you like some? Cause you just earned it.You're welcome, and thanks for the pie. Lemon meringue plz.

Tuvok
October 29th, 2009, 05:28 AM
:) First shake Eli's hand . 'Thanks for trying.'

Glare at Rush.

Salute Young and Greer.

Pinch Chloe's butt and give her a wink.

Head to my chambers and finish Vodka I grabbed when we had to bail during the attack. Rant at the Kino about my unspoken love for Miss Park. Drink myself senseless as we head into the Sun.

jcoy
October 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I would definitely have tried to see as much of the ship as I could, but try to make it up to the observation deck before the end.

Of course I would have been trying to see as much of the ship before the power went out (and turning everything on).

Egle01
October 29th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Probably the way Eli and/or Chloe spent theirs (i.e. on the observation deck). Or maybe played cards with the one group. Two vastly different approaches, indeed, but I can't think of what I'd do.Maybe playing cards... on the observation deck? Huh! Cool idea or what. :D

WraithQueenH
October 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Maybe playing cards... on the observation deck? Huh! Cool idea or what. :D

Can you imagine.. you are playing cards and betting big (after all, you'll never have to pay up) and then... look, we made it! :jack_new_anime05:

Commander Zelix
October 29th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Again maybe I wouldn't have accepted my inevitable death and would arm myself with some nades and a riffle and try find then blow up the engine room so the Destiny would stop its "deadly" course. Then try to communicate with the shuttle people so they could take us back to the wishfully "habitable planet" (with water and food).

Ziel
October 30th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I'd haved walked around the Destiny on my own. A solo prayer or more between me and God (none of this group crap). Returning to the Observation room regularly.

SupremeLegate
October 30th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I would have been in the on the observation deck, if I am going to die by flying into a star I want a front row seat.