Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else knew that how the ep would play out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else knew that how the ep would play out?

Well duh, it took 2 episodes to over the ship losing power then go to the sun and charge up. When they headed to the sun it seemed blatantly obvious that was going to happen - they had almost no power and the ship guides them to places where they can get what they need.

Originally posted by Groove View Post
    Well duh, it took 2 episodes to over the ship losing power then go to the sun and charge up. When they headed to the sun it seemed blatantly obvious that was going to happen - they had almost no power and the ship guides them to places where they can get what they need.
    Yes it was somewhat obvious from the onset. But I enjoyed the episode nevertheless.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

and yet it was still a awesome ep edge of your seat

which something stargate has rarely been able to go in the past
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The same could be said for any TV show.

SG1 ... O'neill is about to die.. Oh wait he doesn't... then some guy comes on a forum and says "OMG IT WAS SO OBVIOUS HE WASNT GIGNAG TO DIE GAGDDFG HDFH F"

Atlantis ... Atlantis is about to be destroyed... but the TV show is called Stargate Atlantis and it is only episode 5 in a new season... then some guy comes on a forum and says "OMG IT wAZ SO OBIVUOS THAT ATNLANIT WOULDNT DIE!"

Universe ... destiny is about to be ass raped... but isn't... because a group of 15 people on a rock doesn't sound like a fun TV show and the show just started... then some guy comes on a forum and says "Well duh, it took 2 episodes to over the ship losing power then go to the sun and charge up. When they headed to the sun it seemed blatantly obvious that was going to happen - they had almost no power and the ship guides them to places where they can get what they need."

Comment

This is why I do not try and predict what would happen in the course of the show Though it was pretty obvious that was how the ep would be resolved, but yet it was so beautiful at how they pulled it off.

Comment

No I meant once it headed towards the sun it was obvious that the NEXT episode would mean that it gets juiced by the sun, so from the BEGINNING of the episoe we saw how it would play out, and it didn't need to be a 2 parter I think.

Knowing that someone's going to be OK is one thing - it's HOW it happens that needs to be a surprise and that wasn't the case here. And characters do die - look at the Doctor on SGA.

Comment

No I meant once it headed towards the sun it was obvious that the NEXT episode would mean that it gets juiced by the sun, so from the BEGINNING of the episoe we saw how it would play out, and it didn't need to be a 2 parter I think.

Knowing that someone's going to be OK is one thing - it's HOW it happens that needs to be a surprise and that wasn't the case here. And characters do die - look at the Doctor on SGA.
              Yeah I knew how it was going to play you as well. That is just the way it goes with shows such as these. This early in the show, nothing mind blowing and earth shattering is going to happen.

Comment

man i had no idea... i thought the ship was going to blow up in the sun, everyone was going to die.. the show would either end or go on a few more episodes till the shuttle crew was eaten by vampire nazi robots that are also zombies!
                67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                  man i had no idea... i thought the ship was going to blow up in the sun, everyone was going to die.. the show would either end or go on a few more episodes till the shuttle crew was eaten by vampire nazi robots that are also zombies!
                  space vampire nazi robots would definitely be the 1st bunch of aliens i want SGU to run into

Comment

Everyone saw this coming - Destiny was going to use the star to recharge. I don't think it cheapened the episode that much to know that in advance. Look at every James Bond movie ever made, they always put him in situations where it looks like he's going to die, but everyone knows he wont. People still watch, and still find entertainment in it, so I think this is the same situation.
                    I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

Considering light was not the last episode it was obvious how it would play out.

Comment

At the end of Darkness. Was the show really going to change to a survival tale on a deserted planet?

Oh look! Ship is on collision course with hydrogen rich fusion reactor!!! OMG! I wonder what's going to happen? And the shields are holding? Hmmmm...

Comment

Yeah very obvious from the last episode but still enjoyed everything except the Scott/Chloe thing!
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

yes and its a bit surprising that the "geek" Eli didnt say hey we have just skimmed a gas giant which is one of the common ways in SF to refuel a starship - has the man never play'd in a Traveller game :-)
                            ----------------------------
                            You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                              yes and its a bit surprising that the "geek" Eli didnt say hey we have just skimmed a gas giant which is one of the common ways in SF to refuel a starship - has the man never play'd in a Traveller game :-)
                              Indeed McKay came up with a simillar idea on Atlantis during the two parter Storm and Eye.
                              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                              X