This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - The Game

I noticed no ones really discussing this, but being a big fan of Stargate aswell as a huge computer game nerd(and working in the retail sector of computer games) I was wondering what people are expecting from this game. I'm really hoping it'll inovate and bring in new ideas that the stargate universe offers but I've got a big fear at the moment that it'll just be a case of third person shooter tie in syndrome. Whats everyone else think?

Originally posted by Whitster
    I noticed no ones really discussing this, but being a big fan of Stargate aswell as a huge computer game nerd(and working in the retail sector of computer games) I was wondering what people are expecting from this game. I'm really hoping it'll inovate and bring in new ideas that the stargate universe offers but I've got a big fear at the moment that it'll just be a case of third person shooter tie in syndrome. Whats everyone else think?
    theres a game coming out? why wasnti informed? lol.. no idea what it'll b like but i have always thought a good sg1 game as either a mmorpg, like swg..where u choose a planet to colonise and defend from alien enemies while building up a new human outpost..visiting other worlds, exploring and completing missions... or mayb something like Halo... shooting driving flying whatever, battling the goa'uld and whatever other nasty aliens they come up with out there in the game universe.

whatever it is, im buyin it.

Comment

I hope it's not just another license crap game. I hope it has controls and cameras that really work and somekind of a plot and that it's not just another moneymaker...

Comment

I think it's on Xbox, Ps2 and PC and is expected to come out umm..can't remember either this summer or next summer
        All I know is it's with some Australlian company and it's an $11billion deal I want it to be a Halo type game but with more Stargate SG-1 Aura about it, and a wicked multiplayer to kick other fans buts online

Comment

Go here for the initial press release.

http://www.perception.com.au/home.html

I'm hoping for a First person shooter and a RPG. Both would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan

would that be an offline rpg or an online one, I hope it's gonna be like the matrix online, there's miles to walk around in lots of fun and there are millions of players walking around with you like one big mmorpg. Imagine picking your race starting on the planet of origin growing up, exploring the galaxy and forging alliances to face opponents such as those who choose to be a goa'uld

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
              would that be an offline rpg or an online one, I hope it's gonna be like the matrix online, there's miles to walk around in lots of fun and there are millions of players walking around with you like one big mmorpg. Imagine picking your race starting on the planet of origin growing up, exploring the galaxy and forging alliances to face opponents such as those who choose to be a goa'uld
              Online would be cool but offline should come first. Offline would be more story based a there could FMV cut scenes using stargate actors. SWEET!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan

Yeah, and the FPS could have mod tool-kit. We could make our own missions. SahWEET!

How about a RTS, with playable groups SGC, Jaffa, Goa'uld and replicators? heh. The Taari would get our terran bums handed to us in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by maboroshi
                  Yeah, and the FPS could have mod tool-kit. We could make our own missions. SahWEET!

How about a RTS, with playable groups SGC, Jaffa, Goa'uld and replicators? heh. The Taari would get our terran bums handed to us in that one.
                  Ohhh. Never thought of that. I want a FPS so i can get my hands on a P-90 and a zat.

RTS would kick butt. RTS is my fav game genre. How about a flying sim with x302s and death gliders.

Comment

Here's another one: (since we're dreaming in technicolour anyway ) A 'Civilization' type game, where the SGC has to colonize before the Goa'uld and oohhh I dunno... how about the Aaschen?

Comment

Originally posted by maboroshi
                      Here's another one: (since we're dreaming in technicolour anyway ) A 'Civilization' type game, where the SGC has to colonize before the Goa'uld and oohhh I dunno... how about the Aaschen?
                      I like that idea. Hope the game developer sets up a forum soon so we express our ideas to someone in power to do something with them.

Comment

If you check gate news - Air Force have been brought in on the games.

I doubt they have precedures about colonising other planets....

Comment

I'd like to have a first person shoot so I can examine the world of SG-1 in detail. Blastin' Jaffa would be awesome.

I'd also like to have an online RPG, something like the Star Wars one.
                          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

It most certainly better not be an online game, online multiplayer would be good, but take a look at CS or any MMORPG, who are the main group of people playing? 12 year olds with stick the size of New Zealand up their ass!

Comment

I think that a FPS would be the best way to represent The Stargate Universe, because there are so many different weapons to have, anything from MP5's to Staff Weapons, P-90's, and Zats. But what I would really like is to be able to explore the entire SGC in between missions, like say for example you come back from a fight with the Goa'Uld and your life is down, you can just get down to the Infirmary and Have Doc Frasier Patch you up, and it would be sweet to see them open a gate, the Chevrons the wormhole stabilization all in luscious New Gen Graphics!
                              Regardless of what you all may think I am not Superman!-

Was anyone here seriously thinking that?-

Comment

Working...
                              X