PDA

View Full Version : SG1 - The Game

Whitster
May 13th, 2004, 01:51 AM
I noticed no ones really discussing this, but being a big fan of Stargate aswell as a huge computer game nerd(and working in the retail sector of computer games) I was wondering what people are expecting from this game. I'm really hoping it'll inovate and bring in new ideas that the stargate universe offers but I've got a big fear at the moment that it'll just be a case of third person shooter tie in syndrome. Whats everyone else think?

Bacardi
May 13th, 2004, 02:01 AM
I noticed no ones really discussing this, but being a big fan of Stargate aswell as a huge computer game nerd(and working in the retail sector of computer games) I was wondering what people are expecting from this game. I'm really hoping it'll inovate and bring in new ideas that the stargate universe offers but I've got a big fear at the moment that it'll just be a case of third person shooter tie in syndrome. Whats everyone else think?

theres a game coming out? why wasnti informed? lol.. no idea what it'll b like but i have always thought a good sg1 game as either a mmorpg, like swg..where u choose a planet to colonise and defend from alien enemies while building up a new human outpost..visiting other worlds, exploring and completing missions... or mayb something like Halo... shooting driving flying whatever, battling the goa'uld and whatever other nasty aliens they come up with out there in the game universe.

whatever it is, im buyin it.

Sir Ruff
May 13th, 2004, 02:34 AM
I hope it's not just another license crap game. I hope it has controls and cameras that really work and somekind of a plot and that it's not just another moneymaker...

thor39
May 13th, 2004, 03:32 AM
I think it's on Xbox, Ps2 and PC and is expected to come out umm..can't remember either this summer or next summer :p
All I know is it's with some Australlian company and it's an $11billion deal :eek: I want it to be a Halo type game but with more Stargate SG-1 Aura about it, and a wicked multiplayer to kick other fans buts online :D

LateFan
May 13th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Go here for the initial press release.

http://www.perception.com.au/home.html

I'm hoping for a First person shooter and a RPG. Both would rock.

thor39
May 13th, 2004, 04:12 AM

would that be an offline rpg or an online one, I hope it's gonna be like the matrix online, there's miles to walk around in lots of fun and there are millions of players walking around with you like one big mmorpg. Imagine picking your race starting on the planet of origin growing up, exploring the galaxy and forging alliances to face opponents such as those who choose to be a goa'uld :D

LateFan
May 13th, 2004, 04:29 AM
would that be an offline rpg or an online one, I hope it's gonna be like the matrix online, there's miles to walk around in lots of fun and there are millions of players walking around with you like one big mmorpg. Imagine picking your race starting on the planet of origin growing up, exploring the galaxy and forging alliances to face opponents such as those who choose to be a goa'uld :D

Online would be cool but offline should come first. Offline would be more story based a there could FMV cut scenes using stargate actors. SWEET!!! :D

maboroshi
May 13th, 2004, 05:22 AM

Yeah, and the FPS could have mod tool-kit. We could make our own missions. SahWEET!

How about a RTS, with playable groups SGC, Jaffa, Goa'uld and replicators? heh. The Taari would get our terran bums handed to us in that one. :)

LateFan
May 13th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Yeah, and the FPS could have mod tool-kit. We could make our own missions. SahWEET!

How about a RTS, with playable groups SGC, Jaffa, Goa'uld and replicators? heh. The Taari would get our terran bums handed to us in that one. :)

Ohhh. Never thought of that. I want a FPS so i can get my hands on a P-90 and a zat. :D

RTS would kick butt. RTS is my fav game genre. How about a flying sim with x302s and death gliders.

maboroshi
May 13th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Here's another one: (since we're dreaming in technicolour anyway :D) A 'Civilization' type game, where the SGC has to colonize before the Goa'uld and oohhh I dunno... how about the Aaschen?

LateFan
May 13th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Here's another one: (since we're dreaming in technicolour anyway :D) A 'Civilization' type game, where the SGC has to colonize before the Goa'uld and oohhh I dunno... how about the Aaschen?

I like that idea. Hope the game developer sets up a forum soon so we express our ideas to someone in power to do something with them.

Col_Lake
May 13th, 2004, 09:29 AM
If you check gate news - Air Force have been brought in on the games.

I doubt they have precedures about colonising other planets....

SGSlugger
May 13th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I'd like to have a first person shoot so I can examine the world of SG-1 in detail. Blastin' Jaffa would be awesome.

I'd also like to have an online RPG, something like the Star Wars one.

Teal'c
May 13th, 2004, 12:17 PM
It most certainly better not be an online game, online multiplayer would be good, but take a look at CS or any MMORPG, who are the main group of people playing? 12 year olds with stick the size of New Zealand up their ass! :P

Teal'c17
May 13th, 2004, 12:55 PM
I think that a FPS would be the best way to represent The Stargate Universe, because there are so many different weapons to have, anything from MP5's to Staff Weapons, P-90's, and Zats. But what I would really like is to be able to explore the entire SGC in between missions, like say for example you come back from a fight with the Goa'Uld and your life is down, you can just get down to the Infirmary and Have Doc Frasier Patch you up, and it would be sweet to see them open a gate, the Chevrons the wormhole stabilization all in luscious New Gen Graphics!

May 13th, 2004, 04:36 PM
oky i'm not gonna double post or spam because less then a week ago there was a threat about the game..and they are still here...3 of them to be exact:
How About A Video Game? (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=361)
Did u guys forget about a game being developed? (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=594)
And...Stargate: Explorer (Game) (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=631) unrealated to that game...but still about the game...
Is that enough??? Next time pls use search ;)

maboroshi
May 13th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Does this forum have a 'sticky' function? Because this is going to come up again and again and again and again...

May 13th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Does this forum have a 'sticky' function? Because this is going to come up again and again and again and again...
it does...and dmins should have thought of that...if you start sticking these threads, then the defualt number of threads a page will have to be bigger than it is, right now it is 20, will have to be 30/35

Teendragon
May 14th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Well i would make it so you can make your own planets and enemies after when you get bored , also i would like for there to be continuous updates which includes new stuff like planets and stuff , also i would like for there to be like you can choose between doing a ghoauld campaign and a Tari campaign , well i have alot of ideas :D

Jprime
May 16th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Does anybody remember if the movie-based game advertised on the VHS? Did it ever get made? It was supposedly being released on virtually all the popular consoles at the time...

KRiZ
May 16th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Does anybody remember if the movie-based game advertised on the VHS? Did it ever get made? It was supposedly being released on virtually all the popular consoles at the time...

yea it was rteleased on the megadrive i have a rom of it!!! a sidescrolling shooter thingy.

Jprime
May 18th, 2004, 04:25 PM
is it any good?

ShanksSJ
May 28th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Has anyone tried the Stargate Half-Life mod? Is it any good? I'm not sure if it will be worth buying all the Half-Life games.

Tanith
May 28th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I hope the game will be a FPS. It would be so cool to go offworld and kick some jaffa ass. It could also have covert ops missions where you infiltrate Goa'uld pyramids.

Does anyone have an idea when the game might come out?

petzke_42
May 28th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I dont think the sidescrolling shooter entitled "Stargate" actually had anything to do with the movie, but I may be wrong.

zebrok
May 28th, 2004, 05:22 PM

I have higher hopes for the BF1942 mod based on Stargate that is being developed than I do for the game which you are refering to. But even that mod is still just a FPS with some vehicle control. For the full retail game in devlopment I fully expect it be exactly what you fear, a 3rd person shooter with some puzzle solving to make it seem like you are actually on a mission to do more than kill baddies.

What I wish the game could be....you have to complete every mission from the perspective of each team member and the game type would differ for each. FPS for Teal'c with some puzzles mixed in. RTS for Jack deploying the other team members to their tasks. RPG for Daniel where he needs to talk to everyone for the info the team needs to understand WHAT they are supposed to do. RPG again for Sam but she must figure out HOW they are supposed to do it. Of course there would be crossovers between characters and their game types so it doesnt feel as formulaic as I have described but I think you can get the jist.

petzke_42
May 28th, 2004, 08:53 PM
I really want to pilot a death glider....

KorbenDirewolf
May 29th, 2004, 05:56 PM
I dont think the sidescrolling shooter entitled "Stargate" actually had anything to do with the movie, but I may be wrong.

I have an old NES copy of "Stargate". The only thing I can see that it has to do with the movie is the characters look somewhat like the actors from the move. If I didn't know any better I'd say the people created that game had never seen the movie. It was more of a fantasy than a science fiction. Ra was some kind of sorcerer, if I recall corectly.

petzke_42
May 29th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah...there's an even older game called "Stargate" thats a sidescrolling shooter. As I recall, it was basically a black background, with the ship made of colored lines (in the shape of a ship, but no fill), and the same with the enemies.

Revet
May 30th, 2004, 04:02 AM
No matter what type of genre the game turns out to be I hope that the cast are involved with it, like in the Lord Of the Rings games. It would be great if the game is a squad-based shooter and as you come through the gate you here Amanda Tapping or Micheal Shanks's voice describing the planets culture, race etc.

SGSlugger
May 30th, 2004, 06:08 AM
I have high hopes, as there is so much you can do with a Stargate-based game.

Something along the lines of Jedi Outcast...that game rocked! I would like to explore the SGC and other worlds, interact with other characters (hopefully they will lend their voices), and just basically explore!

anubis3355
May 31st, 2004, 12:13 PM
I want to play this game not being a human but as a goauld...........its would be bad ass if i was a symbiote and craweled my way to system lord.............................ohh well
http://www.culture.gouv.fr/documentation/archeos/dieux/anubis_v.jpg

ohh yeah and eat your tortillas.......jack :S

Ugly Pig
May 31st, 2004, 12:49 PM
Heh... Believe it or not, I had the exact same idea a while back. That would be cool. :)

KorbenDirewolf
May 31st, 2004, 09:06 PM
Who knows... Whatever this one turns out to be they may be more after it.

LoneStar1836
May 31st, 2004, 11:07 PM

Some people on civfanatics.com bboards are working on a Stargate mod for I believe Civ 3 or Conquest, but they are not finished yet. I play Civ 3 but have never downloaded a mod before. May have to give it a try if they ever finish.

Link below to the civfanatics forum thread about the mod.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=78906&page=1&pp=20

To answer the question I would rather have a squad-based FPS like Rouge Spear (Rainbow 6 franchise) and Ghost Recon with some kind of gameplay that could incorporate diffent teammember skills other than just shooting. Now if they could in some way incorporate it into the same kind of gameplay as GTA: Vice City, that would be great. I love that game, but doubt its possible.

Kingler
January 25th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Here is the official link of the game
and as the most people suspected, it is a first & third person shooter game that also supports multiplayer :)

http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/index.php?flash=1

Ascended Times.2
January 25th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Dude! Don't raise topics from JUNE!! Arg, this is now public knowledge...infact, the game is supposed to have been cancelled now, an official statement is coming out soon. *A couple of days to week?*

Anywho, welcome to Gateworld :)

Ichigo
January 25th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Ya its suppose to be cancelled :mad:

Click on link, on my Sig. to sign the petition to save it.

TameFarrar
January 25th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Here is the official link of the game
and as the most people suspected, it is a first & third person shooter game that also supports multiplayer :)

http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/index.php?flash=1
While the thread itself has been moved to place it with like threads :) I would like to take this moment to say Thank -You for using the search function of the forum :D :D

You might want to also check out GW main page for the latest news regarding the game and its cancellation :)