• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Joe Flanigan (Sheppard)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    SPACE DADDY
    GateWorld talks with Joe Flanigan

Stargate Atlantis' leading man talks with GateWorld about being a dad, the show's success, and the sometimes daunting series of which he has become a part.

READ MORE ...

Great interview David. Hopefully, during the exploration of Atlantis they'll find an Ancient skate park. BTW, I like the added sound effects at the beginning and end of the interview. Nice touch.
    Rocky

Comment

Excellent interview David. One of the best ones GW has done. Very good questions. Joe was very talkative and gave interesting, in-depth answers. He’s definitely a must interview again in the future if possible. Again, great work David. Enjoyed reading it. I’ll have to go back and listen to it later.

Glad they didn't go with Bob.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Thanks David. That was a wonderful interview with Joe. Definitely brightened up my lunch hour.
        sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas, everyone! This one's our little gift to our loyal readers. Thank YOU for making us who we are today. There's so much more planned for next year

Rocket, glad you noticed. After we had a break in the audios I decided the wormhole open/close and musical score handles are going to be the motif for 2005. Each of the handles should correspond with the interviewee from now on (unless I get hugely bogged down). i.e. if we ever get to interview Patrick Currie, I'll insert the Replicators' theme - definitely one of my favorite pieces of music from the franchise.

Comment

GREAT interview. Thanks David. Joe sounds like he's becoming more and more comfortable with the role and with the show and I can't wait to see where they take his character in season 2.

Really - he should get a skateboard moment in Atlantis. RDA got to ride the bike in the halls of the SGC so it's only fair.

And I kind of like "Bob". Maybe Brad will let Joe name the next one.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Just read the interview and it was great.

Comment

Execellent interview David. Just finished listening to it. Great stuff.

It will be interesting to see everything discussed especially if we get to see Joe using his skateboard. "Bob"! I think that could have worked too! lol

I can't wait to find out more about season two and everything they'll be doing. I look very forward to seeing and hearing more.
                __

__

Comment

Thanks so much, David! Great interview. Early Christmas present.
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Great interview David, thanks!

I quite like the sound of Bob...

Comment

It's a shame that they didn't capture two really.

Spoilers, The Siege Part 1 and 2
                      Spoiler:
                      In the fight against Atlantis, the team find and capture a Wraith and Sheppard nicknames him "Bob".

So TPTB and Joe both get their ways.
                      __

__

Comment

Thank you for the great interview. I loved getting to listen to it.

Happy Holidays, David and have fun!!
                        Last edited by Atlantis1; 23 December 2004, 11:45 AM.
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Joe and I shared some interesting issues that week we recorded the interview - approx. 3 weeks ago, a little less. Both of us had family in the hospital at the time - he might've even been IN the New York hospital when we talked. My uncle died the next night, but I believe his situation faired better. So we were both wishing each other's family well. He actually extended his sympathy to my Mom, who was very touched.

Comment

Lovely interview, David... you sounded very natural throughout..

Joe sounds like a thoughtful, judicious person...

I enjoyed it very much especially the stuff about his four year old.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

His children were an aspect I had never heard him really discuss before, and we were moved that he was willing to talk about them with us. That's a personal thing, and rightfully so!

Comment

Working...
                              X