This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S8 only for no-brainers?gemini/prom unbound spoilers

Can anybody tell me why Stargate is becoming more and more "brainless" this season ?
    The last two episodes where milestones of stupidity, loaded with so much crap you have to turn of any sense of logical thinking to have the fun some people seem to have with them.

I think any show is at an end if the viewer sits in his chair thinking "Nobody with common sense would do that / can explain that".

Just 2 examples:

Gemini: The enemy comes to you, tells you some things you like to hear/ are afraid of and you give him not only access to your most secret base but also to your most secret/only weapon against him.

Prometheus Unbound: The only person capable of retaking the ship is engaging in joyful banter with the "terrorist" who took your ship while your friends are presumably dying on the Alkesh left behind ? Americans seem to torture people for far less these days ?
    Then the bad woman is in a cell, surrounded by armed guards and not only manages to escape (who with a sane mind would desing a cell with a door you can open from inside by shortcutting some wires ?) but also to retake a second ship also full of armed guards....

Now many people seem to love these episodes, the "character development", the nice jokes, the cool special effects whatever....but how can they stand these slaps in the face to someone whos actually thinking while watching ?
    Perhaps the show will still be entertaining for kids from 10-16 and perhaps that's where the market is, but a show for adults is stargate no longer....sad but true.

The "terrorist" will be coming back to, which just cracks me up.

I think it is the fact the writers don't want to give in to any of their power and refuse to hire more writers.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

There's already a Season 8 Complaint Thread of sorts and you need major SPOILER WARNINGS on this thread title since you're discussing eps from the current season... which haven't even aired in all places yet.

Comment

since there already is a s8 complaint thread, i'm going to close this one and invite you to take the discussion over there....with spoilrs properly marked please
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X